New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,496 of 1496
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] Trog's Tavern CCX

Given that Raz likely recognised it as a spell as soon as it started and casts spells at the speed of thought, it is likely they get away.

((And yes, two people spontaneously falling asleep might attract attention, especially when one of them is kidnapped shortly afterwards))
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Halfling in the Playground

"Terra Morin...back there again? That's quite a journey...I don't even know the way. Is Sarah allowed to know? She'd get me back there a lot quicker. And, uh, how do I contact this spirit world?"

The spirit world...

He already knows about that place. But he can't let the dragons know. Nobody can know what he did there. They'd never understand...never...

After all, it's his fault that Sarah has been hurt so much by the loss of so many to demons...

He'd never be able to tell her. He'd just...have to suffer...

So for now, he plays dumb. And he'll just have to keep playing dumb.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Yeah... it must be hard to return there after what happened, and Sarah will know eventually won't she?" Vizek looks up at you "To enter the spirit world, you need some pretty powerful magic, but thankfully, there is already a open connection there, I believe your familiar with her actually. Seeker." He smiles slightly.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2010-10-02 at 06:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1474

"Seeker? Ugh...not her again. So I have to track her down...then what? Will I just end up in the right place? Do I have to make her do something? I'm guessing Sarah can't come with me to this...spirit world...can she?" Keep playing dumb...make him explain it all...
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #1475

"Well, from what I'm told, she basically is a connection to the spirit world, but Sarah should be able to enter with you, dragons sort of come from the spirit world after all... in part." He pauses, looking at his nearly empty mug "She still wanders around the island you know? The only person left..."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2010-10-02 at 06:58 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1476

Goblin

Raz flies out of nowhere, a foot behind the Dalachrech cultist, feet first, aimed at the man's neck. He has built up momentum, so is travelling very quickly. He will attempt to stomp him in the back of the head, then use the goomba stomp momentum to leap off forward as he goes down, flipping in the air, land on a table an and launch a few shots of sleeping poison into the man's head.

I'm listing this all in one post because it all happens so quickly and out of the blue - if the man stops the first part, obviously the rest will be different.

Edit: Also, for convenience, this happens just as Earl of Purple gets on line and undeadtimes
    Last edited by Project_Mayhem; 2010-10-02 at 06:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1477

"Okay, so the Seeker gets us into the spirit world. What do we look for once we're in there?" Damon asks, making sure to remember every detail, "Yes...what happened was a tragedy...poor Seeker..."

8. - Top - End - #1478

"I would feel more sorry for everyone that died, you knew people there didn't you? I mean, the whole town gone..." Vizek sigh "Sad that it couldn't be saved, but not much could be after all. I'm sorry I didn't manage to save it Damon, but the demons reached the island first after all, it was nothing I could do." Looks like some dark memories returns from what you can tell from his face.

9. - Top - End - #1479

Dark memories for Damon too. He'd been close friends with a few of the dragonborns by then, and he'd always miss his regular drinking hole, that wonderful dragonborn tavern...

But he doesn't want to think about it...not now...

At least the way he'd done things meant that everybody survived. His kind, the humans, the dragonborn. Sure, there hadn't been many left by the end, but all the different races had survived, which had to be better than one of them dying out!

At least, that's the logic he used to banish the nightmares so he could sleep at night.

"Not your fault, Vizek. Not your fault at all, you've got nothing to apologise for. What happened...it's sad...but we have to move on. So...you were saying, where do we go in the spirit world?"

10. - Top - End - #1480

"Once your within the spirit world, the spirits should already know that your looking for them, if everything goes well, they should come and meet you, then you just need to convince them of your cause." Vizek smiles slightly "There is a bit more to it then that I think, but you have to ask the spirits about it."

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    "Trust me, dear, more will come. Probably not at the current moment though," Kalim says, as he begins to throw the other two unconscious Suits out the door.

Drew sees her blush as he pats her shoulder, and almost immediately stops as he turns even more red.
    Marcie notices Drew turning even more red, and she turns even more red herself...

The FDF, for the record, wasn't too keen on fraternization, between soldiers or otherwise.

"So. Um. Am safe now? For time?" she asks. "Or go other-where, be safer?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #1482

Damon nods, "I see. Well, in that case, I suppose I'd best be off!" At which point he gets up, runs over to Sarah, and attempts to pick her up and spin her round in the air.

He's, ah, rather excited...

13. - Top - End - #1483

Which he does to Sarah's surprise "Whoa, someone is in a good mood." She says with a grin.

"What did you two talk about really?"

14. - Top - End - #1484

Damon puts Sarah down and hugs her. "Vizek jusst told me of a way to become a dragon. We're going on a little trip, Sarah dear!" He grins and lets go of her, sitting down in the chair beisde her. "Have you got anything you need to take care of? How soon can we set off?"

15. - Top - End - #1485

"What?" Sarah says confused "But thats... thats wonderful... but how? He never told me anything like this."

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Troll in the Playground
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

17. - Top - End - #1487

"Well...it's not an absolute certainty that it'll work...but we-" Damon pauses and lowers his voice, just in case anyone is listening. "We go to Terra Morin and find the Seeker. Her presence will bring us to the spirit world, and then it's just a matter of whether the spirits will grant me...uh...dragonhood...or what I have to do for them. He never told you because it's a closely guarded secret. I'm not sure why he thinks I'm worthy of knowing, but he can't really hide it from you if I become a dragon, can he?"

18. - Top - End - #1488

"Seeker? Terra Morin? The spirit world...? This is a lot to take in dear, but fair enough, I have nothing that ties me to this place except yourself."
    Sarah replies with the same low tone as Damon, not that she had anything to fear, but Damon could be in danger after all. "Though that a mortal could become a dragon is something very strange, I never heard anything like it, I mean, dragons are so much powerful then well, your kind, how can spirits suddenly transform you into us?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2010-10-03 at 07:03 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1489

"I'm guessing there's more to it than that. Vizek did say it might involve a bit more than he mentioned. Presumably only those they'd judge worthy can become dragons. And...well...perhaps it isn't all that hard for the spirits and it's just the case that so few people ever prove themselves worthy of becoming a dragon?" Damon shrugs, he's only guessing.

"Perhaps it takes time, too. Perhaps it's a gradual thing." Damon stands up and smiles at Sarah, "But we'll find out soon enough. Come, we should get going."

20. - Top - End - #1490

"You don't *become* a dragon dear, you are born as one, but possibly there is an except such as you... I don't know. Possibly Vizek knows, but it seems awfully strange, something I can't really gasp." Sarah shrugs, looking at Damon, slowly standing up as well.

"So back to my world then?"

21. - Top - End - #1491

"Well, normally I'd agree with you, but if Vizek says it's possible, well, it probably is." Damon grins and heads for the door, then pauses, and turns to Vizek. "Oh, Vizek, if you're not busy, could you drop by NO and tell them that it's going to be a while yet before I return?"

And with that done, "Yes Sarah, back to your world."

22. - Top - End - #1492

Vizek turns atound "Hm? Oh, sure, I'll go right ahead and do that once I learn where it is." He smiles.

"I'll be waiting for you outside dear, don't be too long." Sarah as she closes the door after her.

23. - Top - End - #1493

Damon sighs and gives Vizek the directions to NO. "I, ah...thanks. I...I'll find a way to pay you back for this...somehow." Damon smiles and heads outside.

24. - Top - End - #1494

Sarah have already assumed her true form as Damon steps out from the tavern, the dragon smiling at him. "Jump on my back little dear and we shall take flight."

25. - Top - End - #1495

"Little? Hmmph!" Damon snorts angrily, but climbs on her back anyway. "Come on then, you great big behemoth, let's get going!"

And off they go!

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Troll in the Playground

My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs