New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    Also on the comic of today, is it me or
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does it look like Bulgak is taking an extremely violent dump?
    Spoiler
    Show
    To me, it looked like he was being saved by hell.

"Nothing can stop The Smooze."

2. - Top - End - #992
    Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Clearly, Hell is so boring that it has evolved into a more aggressive species of plot monster. Rather than merely conspiring to bring high-caste characters together, the lack of third-caste and above means that it must forcibly abduct its prey and extract scraps of plot from them via flashbacks to a time when they had first and second castes to interact with.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2010-09-24 at 12:29 AM.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

It dawns on me that this would be a pretty cool thing to explore with competent story-telling. If all those things happened on the same day, that's more than just a coincidence, that's a major shift in what magic was capable of.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    EDIT: How did I forget about this HoYay?
    "That was the best ****ing sex I've ever had."

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    It dawns on me that this would be a pretty cool thing to explore with competent story-telling. If all those things happened on the same day, that's more than just a coincidence, that's a major shift in what magic was capable of.
    Yeah, it's been the long time view of a lot of us here that Mookie's ideas tend to be pretty good, it's his execution that's lacking.

Past, like, two years notwithstanding.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

6. - Top - End - #996
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Let's alphabetize that listing though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #997
    Troll in the Playground

Panel 2 is actually pretty cute. I still like OC despite mass suification and Luna worship.

Also I thought Mookie made a plot-hole with the Shintula's hair but turns out he didn't.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, so Hell is other people. Very profound for the guy who keeps posting links to half-nekkid Deegans.
    I would like to point out that on average the guys i post links to are decently covered.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

No known dramatic background:
    Celesto: He's too cool to have a dramatic past (cue Mookie ruining him)
    Sparks: He's a cat, seriously. He´s neutered though.

Keep the characters coming.

Spoiler
    Show
    He he, yes it does. He always had a constipated disposition.

Celesto - His love and hero, Amelia Sturz was murdered by Domi's group (and made fun of after that). There was also something about a hard life in the streets of Erossus as a child (He was an orphan or something) that made him the cynical person he is.

Sparks - His best friend stole his family jewels for laughs and accused a random old lady of doing it. Also nearly splashed to pieces when he was thrown out a window in Erossus. And lest we forget, deprived of the company of all other cats for most if not all his life.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    Okay, what is the point of this flashback? We already know Adrak is a Nakta mage and Bulgak is an Infernomancer.

Mookie, stop padding this arc already, and it still didn't address the real question. HOW THE HELL DID THEY SURVIVE WARLORD MUSTACHE?
    Nope, Mookie only does flashbacks that recap things he Talking Head'd before.

What we have here is Return of Maltak - in which Mookie crams in all the stuff he wanted to put into Maltak but didn't have time for. Like Bulgak

Looks like Snout Siggy was merely a reemergence of The Plot Monster and not part of the actual Arc at all
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

11. - Top - End - #1001

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    He he, yes it does. He always had a constipated disposition.

Celesto - His love and hero, Amelia Sturz was murdered by Domi's group (and made fun of after that). There was also something about a hard life in the streets of Erossus as a child (He was an orphan or something) that made him the cynical person he is.

Sparks - His best friend stole his family jewels for laughs and accused a random old lady of doing it. Also nearly splashed to pieces when he was thrown out a window in Erossus. And lest we forget, deprived of the company of all other cats for most if not all his life.
    Ah that´s a dramatic description I can live with.

Edit: I welcome Sparks and Celesto in being official members of the list of Dramatics past.
    Last edited by Lillith; 2010-09-24 at 03:41 AM.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Webox View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    To me, it looked like he was being saved by hell.

Maybe... it is both? This is hell after all, a disturbing and evil place.

And on a side note: Has anyone noticed that there hasn't been any alliterations for quite a while? These stupid puns were DD's trade mark. Is their disappearance another sign of the dwindling investment of Mookie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Did we learn anything new today? Bulgak is in a pit, Outrage Chief and the Outragelets joined the Shintula, Outrage Chief became the (outrage) chief, Bulgak's brother became a Nakta wizard, Bulgak became an infernomancer. There is literally nothing new here.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf von Ehrwal View Post
    And on a side note: Has anyone noticed that there hasn't been any alliterations for quite a while? These stupid puns were DD's trade mark. Is their disappearance another sign of the dwindling investment of Mookie?
    The alliterations were always a thing by Spark and non-emo Greg (mayHisshadowsneverpassoveryou), and since they haven't show up in a while... yeah.
    Truth resists simplicity.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy Fishy View Post
    Did we learn anything new today? Bulgak is in a pit, Outrage Chief and the Outragelets joined the Shintula, Outrage Chief became the (outrage) chief, Bulgak's brother became a Nakta wizard, Bulgak became an infernomancer. There is literally nothing new here.
    I suspect it says something sad about us: we're so immersed in the DDverse that we don't need recapping reminder pages to remember everything. What seemed odd to me was that according to this page Outrage Chief wasn't always a Shintula. Why does he have the Shintula face tattoos and the Shintula Nakta magic if belonged to some other clan? Is this the repeat of the Stone Water clan debacle?

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    I suspect it says something sad about us: we're so immersed in the DDverse that we don't need recapping reminder pages to remember everything.
    It's difficult to forget traumatic experiences. They are always... there

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

17. - Top - End - #1007

AssassinGuy

Heyall,

While being back in Maltak is pretty cringeworthy, at least the worst part of that arc -- the focus on Luna -- isn't here.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by M84 View Post
    Heyall,

While being back in Maltak is pretty cringeworthy, at least the worst part of that arc -- the focus on Luna -- isn't here.
    ... yet. (you need to finish your sentences M84)

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    THE HELL ANIME WOT?!?! What is that outfit - wh'? I know that outfit from somewhere, I swear God I do. And it's bugging me because I can't remember from where.
    Might be from more than one place, but especially in that pose there's more than a fair similarity to Ky Kiske from the Guilty Gear games (Guilty Gear XX was released on the PS2 in the US in March 2003, so only about six months before that comic was made).

Picture from GGX2 here, to see what I mean:
    Spoiler
    Show

Edit: To add insult to injury, Ky Kiske is, among other things, the head of the Sacred Order of Holy Knights...
    Last edited by Doompuppy; 2010-09-24 at 08:02 AM.
    Not a robot

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hmmm, I'm feeling a "show don't tell" lecture about to arrive.

21. - Top - End - #1011

Quote Originally Posted by Doompuppy View Post
    Picture from GGX2 here, to see what I mean:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh wow, I am calling the Copyright Police!

Also I think the fact that OC had those tattoo´s already might be either cause they come together with the Nakta or that he used to be a part of the Shintula already and perhaps got split up.

If you think about it, there´s only three kinds of magic orcs can do. It´s Nakta, Akta or that stuff with the drums and the dancing.

@ Welf von Ehrwal: Shhhh. Do you want Mookie to hear you? This is actually a good thing.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf von Ehrwal View Post
    Maybe... it is both? This is hell after all, a disturbing and evil place.

Funny, you'd think it'd be the opposite.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm too bored of this update, due to lack of Warlord Moustache. Let's go ride bikes instead!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gort, Lord of Hellfire
    Pah! No door will stand in the path of Gort!
    Avatar is "Red King" Gort, shamelessly ripped from Darken.

Badges of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing
    You're a horribly person
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    This is actually really good advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Nobody expects the Usurpation!

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    Clearly, Hell is so boring that it has evolved into a more aggressive species of plot monster. Rather than merely conspiring to bring high-caste characters together, the lack of third-caste and above means that it must forcibly abduct its prey and extract scraps of plot from them via flashbacks to a time when they had first and second castes to interact with.
    Perhaps, then, this is a third type of Plot Monster: The Extractor. It's rarer than the Luring and the Enabler, defined by a lack of high-caste characters. It does have some Luring properties: one of its goals, clearly, is to get high-caste characters to scry and otherwise discuss the events occuring in it. See the War in Hell arc for examples of that behavior.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm going to say that this comic falls under the Stonewater Clan Debacle clause, guttering. It's that not correct.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    I'm going to say that this comic falls under the Stonewater Clan Debacle clause, guttering. It's that not correct.
    Well... the origin of the Tienchak (n.b. Outrage Chief was originally Tienchak) indicates that orcs from other tribes regularly joined them. So Outrage Chief may have originally been Shintula, left them for the Tienchak, and then went back to the Shintula after the Tienchak were all dead... who rewarded his apostasy by making him chief?

It's not quite the "I am descended from Adam! Behold my majesty!" sort of gafe, but it's still odd.

I like my orcs much better
    Last edited by Oracle_Hunter; 2010-09-24 at 10:55 AM.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Firbolg in the Playground

Added The Oracle, Acibek, Rillian, Dryad and Dirk.
    The list of Dramatics past:
    [Spoiler]
    Celesto: His love and hero, Amelia Sturz was murdered by Domi's group (and made fun of after that). There was also something about a hard life in the streets of Erossus as a child (He was an orphan or something) that made him the cynical person he is.
    Don't forget about being sent to the Dimension of Infinite Tentacled Eyeballs (DOITE) and remaining there until TIM tried to save him for Snuggly.

Also on the comic of today, is it me or does it look like Bulgak is taking an extremely violent dump?
    "Extremely Violent Dump" sounds like a band Mookie would listen to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Troll in the Playground

Or this arc. Or Hell itself. Or the WILD EDGE!!! Or Maltak. Or the entire comic.

"Extremely violent dump" is all you need to know about any of these things. In fact, I nominate it for the next thread title.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2010-09-24 at 11:49 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Is it just me, or would the Bulgak/pit scene have been better finished with the closeup of his face, rather than with him checking his heart rate or whatever it is he's doing?

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Troll in the Playground

Not just you. It really does flow a lot better like that.
    Truth resists simplicity.