New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

*Sigh* Well, the feeling of adequacy from the comic was good while it lasted...now we appear to be once more entering the cut bonus material from the Never-Ending Arc: Bulgak and Loxo go to Hell Castle.
    Last edited by Rappy; 2010-10-05 at 07:43 PM.
    LGBTitP

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby M View Post
    Hi everyone, first ever post on GitP forums, just for you guys!

I've been reading Dominic Deegan for nearly 2 years, and I still love it. I've been reading these snark laden threads for nearly the entire time, and I love them as well!
    Hi Bobby, and welcome to the thread! As has already been said, it's good to see a genuine fan around these parts

On tomorrow's comic, I actually liked it. The last panel is appropriately creepy for a hell arc. It's always fun to see the calm characters lose it.
    It even makes sense that they're there. Okay, so we don't know what they'll do when they catch up, but they were following Karnak and lost the trail when they were swallowed by the gooey plot hole. Logical.

However, I would've liked to see a "damn, hell heals all our wounds, so we only feel the pain, but never die, that sucks," kinda speech. I mean, for ONCE the story is in a place where insta-heal could actually be justified, and he doesn't even bother.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

3. - Top - End - #1443

AssassinGuy

Heyall,

So the strip got less interesting the moment it shifted away from Siggy and back to the orc? Huge surprise.

4. - Top - End - #1444

So is Loxo going to turn into a Soul Eater?

5. - Top - End - #1445

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    So is Loxo going to turn into a Soul Eater?
    One can hope. Then if we're lucky, she'll get permanently sealed into her weapon form, at which point Bulgak tosses her off a cliff, never to be seen aga-

Wait, sorry, wrong Soul Eater.
    LGBTitP

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

"A feeding pit. Souls condemned to be harvested and consumed by Hell's denizens, where they then spend an eternity inside one of their very unpleasant digestive tracts."
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    ...okay? Is anyone trying to do anything in this arc, or are they just randomly walking around until they bump into something?
    I think that's pretty much what they're doing. I have been so bored by this. My only consolation is that this won't go on so long as Maltak. I hope.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

8. - Top - End - #1448

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    On tomorrow's comic, I actually liked it. The last panel is appropriately creepy for a hell arc.
    ...No, that's just Lotso or whoever making the Greg face.
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2010-10-06 at 12:41 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

9. - Top - End - #1449

Why is everyone always eating something in this arc? Seriously, I think the best way to become King of Hell would be to open a chain of affordably priced family restaurants.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

10. - Top - End - #1450

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    Why is everyone always eating something in this arc? Seriously, I think the best way to become King of Hell would be to open a chain of affordably priced family restaurants.
    I swear to God if eating flesh becomes Mookie's new "thing", I'll need to punch someone.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm betting it's more that Bulgak and Loxo are turning into Demon Lords. At least, I hope, since that would seem to make a bit of sense and actually be an interesting plot.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by colonelslime View Post
    I'm betting it's more that Bulgak and Loxo are turning into Demon Lords. At least, I hope, since that would seem to make a bit of sense and actually be an interesting plot.
    ...Nah, how about a flashback? That good?

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    I think that's pretty much what they're doing. I have been so bored by this. My only consolation is that this won't go on so long as Maltak. I hope.
    This one caused me to headdesk due to the strong implication that Loxo didn't notice the massive pit of screaming souls right in front of her until it was pointed out. Then it's implied she is going to harvest souls to gain power, something she didn't think of doing until this moment.

Is Siggy the only villain with a plan right now, even if his plan is 1) Find Karnak 2) Beat the tar out of Karnak? Is a two-step plan as complex as it gets for Team Not-Dominic?

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Panel 3: Lady Loxo disapproves of Infernorcmancer's lower tusk.
    You've got the angles all wrong. Think infinitysign. (for that matter why is Loxo still clothed? Apparently she was sucked by a flashback too offscreen)

More inappropriate exposition, and what's with all the 'Oh, how familiar'? Not that it's going anywhere.
    Last edited by guttering flame; 2010-10-06 at 02:04 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Panel 3: Lady Loxo disapproves of Infernorcmancer's lower tusk.
    It's used to it! Wooooooo!

(Totally worth the unnecessary thought I put into that.)

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

16. - Top - End - #1456

AssassinGuy

Heyall,

Anyone else think that one of them is going to try and push the other into the pit before partaking of the soul buffet?

...Do souls count as meat? If so, would Bulgak be unable to eat them, being a vegan Orc and all that?

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Loxo was known to Siggy, I believe...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

18. - Top - End - #1458

Yeah I think Siggy was investigating her death or something. Then started the 'Karnak' trend and gave Siggy a vision... why do I remember this?

Edit: *curse curse* Yeah, why do I remember all of this?
    Last edited by Lillith; 2010-10-06 at 03:31 AM.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Karnak karnak karnak! Karnak karnak, karnak karnak karnak. Karnak karnak karnak karnak karnak karnak karnak karnak karnak karnak.

20. - Top - End - #1460

Quote Originally Posted by Newspost
    I showed Luna's butt during THE MARCH ACROSS MALTAK and nobody told me I was doing anything wrong, so...
    That's because nobody wanted to remember that!
    Yes, I realize I, too, am making people remember that now. Misery loves company, and all that
    I've gotta stop reading the newsposts...
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

21. - Top - End - #1461

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Webox View Post
    That's because nobody wanted to remember that!
    Yes, I realize I, too, am making people remember that now. Misery loves company, and all that
    I've gotta stop reading the newsposts...
    *reads newspost* But... Loxo is a soul, and she's not naked. Wait, why am I complaining?

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Mookie's allowed to draw all the butts he wants if he'd actually learn proper anatomy.

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    ...No, that's just Lotso or whoever making the Greg face.
    ... To be fair, Greg was pretty creepy in that arc...
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy Fishy View Post
    Karnak karnak karnak! Karnak karnak, karnak karnak karnak. Karnak karnak karnak karnak karnak karnak karnak karnak karnak karnak.
    Karnak karnak?

Karnak karnak, karnak karnak karnak. Karnak karnak karnak karnak karnak, karnak, karnak, karnak & karnak.

Karnak karnak.
    Truth resists simplicity.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy Fishy View Post
    Come on, use the spoiler tags if you're predicting the plot. That totally killed the suspense for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Dwarf in the Playground

Returning from the lurk and speaking of Siggy...

I am having a heck of a time thinking of this fellow screaming KARNAK as Sig. His face is nothing like the old one, and I'm not talking about the fangs and demon eyes. He's not as long of a face nor does he have the chin he once had, he looks too much like a demonized Nimmel (rounder features, small chin, the nose is almost right though (course I'm not sure there's any differences in noses so much))... I'm not sure if this is an art change of style (Siggy looks different because Mookie's style has altered slightly so he lacks his original look) or just an art consistency fail.

Just been buggin' me.

27. - Top - End - #1467

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Inspired hath in every holt and heeth...

We do Chaucer in the original, since it's quite readable. We just don't touch him much at all until the university level. Which is a shame. And we don't touch Old English at all in the original unless you're studying it for a Master's Degree.

It's a bit disappointing, honestly.
    Lil bit. In Britland ((UK) colleges we at least look at Chaucer and Beowulf even though we don't actually study the latter; and only glance at Chaucer. It depends on the course though.
    I think at uni the maiority of English degrees involve looking at OE poetry in translation if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    I think they'll help a lot. Mostly I use a combination of John Pope's Seven Old English Poems, Sweet's Anglo-Saxon Dictionary and the University of Michigan's pages on Old English grammar. But these will help me tremendously.
    Then I highly recommend this site. It's an online version of one of the Extremely Recommended books for English at my university. And if you can, try and get A Concise Anglo-Saxon Dictionary ed. J. R. Clark-Hall. You can get a copy dirt-cheap on Amazon. Mine was about £6 second-hand. It's invaluable.
    Northvegr has "The Complete Corpus of Old English Poetry" on the page I linked directly to, but there's also some stuff under the Histories section, and of course, there's a lot of ON stuff on the site too. And Boethius, Bede, Tacitus and a few more things.
    The link to the Sacred Texts site is very good as well.
    And, for gits and shiggles: What If Star Wars was an Icelandic Saga? Yep. The entire thing. In ON/OIcelandic. Best thing about that site is that it posts the Tattuinardoela Saga in English and ON/OIcelandic.

Have fun.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-10-06 at 07:52 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    Returning from the lurk and speaking of Siggy...

I am having a heck of a time thinking of this fellow screaming KARNAK as Sig. His face is nothing like the old one, and I'm not talking about the fangs and demon eyes. He's not as long of a face nor does he have the chin he once had, he looks too much like a demonized Nimmel (rounder features, small chin, the nose is almost right though (course I'm not sure there's any differences in noses so much))... I'm not sure if this is an art change of style (Siggy looks different because Mookie's style has altered slightly so he lacks his original look) or just an art consistency fail.

Just been buggin' me.
    I like to believe that shortly before his retcon/death, Siggy and Warlord Mustache went into hiding, replacing themselves with imperfect duplicates. This is why the Warlord Mustache we saw got killed: the real Warlord Mustache, of course, could beat up Death. Using his mustache.

They plan to secretely strike against The Dominus FOR GREAT JUSTICE!
    They may have also hooked up with Hansi and are travelling the world in the cronecave looking for the Dwarf of lore to add to their anti-Dominus team, hence Dominic's repeated smear tactics against all of them.

Doesn't that sound like a nice story?
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-10-06 at 11:04 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ettin in the Playground

I also have the Clark-Hall dictionary. It's a good dictionary, with the minor disappointment of its normalisation of eth and thorn.

I think the extent of the OE poetry we look at in translation here is Beowulf (which we read the first two parts of in high school, read the full poem in university) and Caedmon's Hymn (university). We read Caedmon's in translation, but the West Saxon was presented for sake of comparison.

The Spanish professor who got his bachelor's in Germanic Linguistics got it in Barcelona, so at least Spain looks at things like that in depth.

I did a very rudimentary translation of a Dominic Deegan strip into OE for practice once. It seemed a little amusing, at least.

I've read about Star Wars as an Icelandic saga. I liked the idea a lot.

Also, thank you very much for the links and resources. The more the better.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Welf von Ehrwal View Post
    Come on, use the spoiler tags if you're predicting the plot. That totally killed the suspense for me.
    Karnak karnak karnak, karnak.

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    Karnak karnak, karnak karnak karnak. Karnak karnak karnak karnak karnak, karnak, karnak, karnak & karnak.
    Karnak karnak? Karnak karnak karnak. Karnak karnak karnak karnak karnak karnak.