New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

LOL! Usually, when you ready an action and attempt negotiations you release the attack at the first sign of negotiations fail-my mistake I didn't say so but still. OK, Linda will release the readied action (if still valid) and continue will MMs

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Lass get back and try to ingage them in ranged!"

*Steps back and Fires another Shot at the evil thingies*

3. - Top - End - #543
    Dwarf in the Playground

Taern Torminson

*Taern, eyes red and skin scorched, ignores Thokk, but recognising her precarious position, jumps backwards, putting a few feet between her and the creatures and drops into a defensive stance. Warding off blows, she fumbles around with one hand, grasping for a blue-green vial.*

I've got to protect the others! If these demon-spawn get past me, the whole party will fall!

OOC: Five foot step backwards, away from the "demons". Total defence action for AC of 19, move action to get a potion of Cure Light Wounds from pack.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Bugbear in the Playground

Everyone falls back slightly as the lava creatures continue to advance. Taern dodges and deflects their clumsy swipes as she readies a healing potion.

A hail of missiles from Thokk, Fizahn, and Elthan fails to stop creature #2 as it lumbers forward.

Linda fires magic missiles at creature #4. The pair of energy bolts swoops around Taern and arcs into the monster in a shower of sparks. It shrugs the damage off, however, and continues to swipe at Taern.

Thokk begins to feel more than a bit warm sealed inside his platemail. The hot metal sears him where it contacts his skin.

Linda's robe continues to smolder, causing serious burns on her legs.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"ARG, damn beasties, to the forge with you!"

*Keeps trying to pump arrows into the creatures*

6. - Top - End - #546

Thokk, Fizahn, and Elthan stand with their backs to the wall and continue to fire at creature #2. One of their missiles strikes the creature squarely in the chest. A small gush of magma spills out before the bolt is turned to cinders. The creature roars in pain.

Taern continues to harry both creatures, preventing them from closing with the archers and magic users in the back row. She calls out for Graevic to summon some aid, but she gets no response. She glances back and sees Graevic kneeling down next to the dais, completely uninvolved in the melee.

Taern turns back to the fire creatures, her parries and counterblows keep the creatures from advancing, but her luck runs out when one of them gets a hold of her left arm. She cries out in pain as her armor sizzles. The creature refuses to let go, and the rest of the party watches in horror as her leather jerkin catches on fire. Taern collapses, still burning.

Linda raises her hand to blast the creature holding Taern, but her magical energies have been depleted and her spell fizzles uselessly.

The relentless heat continues to take its toll on the party. If the battle is not finished soon, it is not clear that anyone will survive.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*Quickly taking one last pot shot at the injured Demon, then dropping bow and drinking potion of cure serious wounds*

"HOLD ON LASSIE, IM COMMING FOR YE"

*Looks over at Galvic*

"What in the name of the sacred hammer ARE YOU DOING????? HELP US OUT"

OOC: How did Galvic decide he wanted to be roleplayed?

8. - Top - End - #548
    Troll in the Playground

Linda takes out a potion of cure light wounds and drinks it down immediately.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Halfling in the Playground

Elthan

"Taern!"

Elthan looks at Taern, dropping his crossbow. He then starts chanting some mystical words, blood in his eyes(or in this case, lava).

OOC: The dropping of the crossbow is a free action. He will then cast a magic missle at the fire-thingy next to Taern. After, he will run towards her. Next round he will take off his cloak and try to stop the fire. In the hypothetical(and very likely) senario that the fire monster is not dead, far from Taern or occupied fighting Thokk, he will throw his cloak on her and then pull her to safety. I would like to remind you at this point that its a cloak of friggin resistance, so don't you dare set it on fire.
    Elthan: http://www.planetadnd.com/3eprofiler/view.php?id=3178

10. - Top - End - #550

Thokk fires an arrow deep into creature #2, who cries out again and staggers backward a step or two. Fizahn's shot creases the monster without doing much damage.

Linda quickly swallows a potion to boost her strength, but the furnace-like heat and her burns make her weak. She barely clings to consciousness.

Elthan throws his crossbow aside and blasts creature #4 with more magic missiles. It drops to the ground in a cloud of sparks and ash.

Creature #2 steps over Taern's smoldering body and closes the gap to the back row. Thokk drops his bow and manages to raise his shield just in time to deflect one of the lava monster's blows.

Thokk gropes for a healing potion. Fizahn drops his crossbow and draws his rapier. Elthan dodges around the small lava creature to get to Taern. As he does so, he begins to whip off his cloak, hoping to put out the flames on her body. He can only hope he won't be too late ...

11. - Top - End - #551
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ha, Ill destoy you yet you vile creature!"

12. - Top - End - #552

Time seems to stand still as each of you looks from Taern, lying helpless on the floor, to the last remaining lava creature, who appears to be significantly injured but still dangerous.

The actions you take at this moment might determine whether Taern lives or dies.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fizahn

"TAERN!! Someone help her! Thokk and I will get rid of this monster! Thokk, move around so that you're behind it, I'll try to keep it distracted!"

*Fizahn readies himself to move into Thokk's spot and readies his rapier to parry incoming attacks.*

OOC: Fizahn's going to try to keep the monster occupied with him, but he can't hurt it with his melee attack, so he's going to be in full defense mode.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 12:18 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ach lad, You sneak that thing as hard as you can, Ill keep it from hurting her"

15. - Top - End - #555

Elthan removes his cloak, feeling immediately the blast of heat (that the cloak had partially shielded him from) emanating from the monster. He kneels at Taern's side and throws his cloak over her motionless body. Smothering the flames as best he can, he tries not to gag at the smell of her burning flesh. He empties his waterskin over her for good measure. He leans down, close to her face ... Thank the gods, she still breathes!

Thokk downs a healing potion while Fizahn moves forward to harry the remaining lava beast. Fizahn distracts the creature while Thokk maneuvers around behind it to both flank the creature and to shield Elthan and Taern from any additional attacks.

Thokk bends over to pick up the black serpentine staff that Taern had been using to fight the beast. The lava monster, realizing it is now flanked, spins around and claws at Thokk, causing searing wounds and setting his backpack ablaze.

Meanwhile, Linda, fighting to stay conscious, uncorks another healing potion and drinks it down greedily. She immediately feels strong enough to stand up, but she hesitates, unsure what she can do to help her friends.

OOC: The lava monster is flanked - Fizahn on one side, Thokk on the other. Linda stands behind Fizahn. Elthan and Taern are kneeling/lying behind Thokk. Thokk's backpack is on fire.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Fizan, STRIKE HIM NOW!"

*Thokk uses the total defenseive action to keep from getting hurt withouth a weapon. He also shurgs off his backpack if able."

"Elthan, hand me the staff that the lassie was using!"

"

17. - Top - End - #557
    Troll in the Playground

Linda the White

I wonder...
    Linda immediately starts casting a minor spell still unsure of if it will help.

OOC: Create Water-trying to conjure a downpour on the burning creature. It is a cantrip and I still have 3 of those.

18. - Top - End - #558

Fizahn:

*Fizahn looks at his rapier and says a short prayer for it before stabbing at the demon/devil/really evil thingy.*
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

19. - Top - End - #559

Elthan:

"Hold on Taern!"

OOC: Elthan will try to give Taern a cure moderate wound potion.

20. - Top - End - #560

Thokk grabs the black rod and prepares to defend himself against the lava monster, but after Fizahn pricks it in the ass with his rapier, the creature whirls around and swipes at the gnome who ducks away, feeling the hairs on the back of his neck get singed.

Linda waves her hands and calls out, producing a brief shower of rain inside the chamber. The raindrops hiss and evaporate in puffs of steam as they contact the lava monster, but the drizzle does put out the fire on Thokk's back, preventing him from taking further damage.

Meanwhile, Elthan gently administers a healing potion to Taern. As the liquid dribbles into her mouth, her open burns begin to heal over, and she opens her eyes.

OOC: Sorry for my absence. Internet connection problems prevented me from posting this weekend.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Now, to the Pits with you!"

*Baseball swings AWAY!*

22. - Top - End - #562

Elthan:

Elthan, seeing that Taern is alive, turns around and starts casting a spell.

OOC: Cool, I have a 1st level spell left, magic missle away!

23. - Top - End - #563
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing that her conjured rain has reduced the heat somewhat Linda will repeat the spell so that her friends don't catch fire again (hopefully)

24. - Top - End - #564

Fizahn:

"Ha! That's right demon! Kill me!"

*Fizahn stabs the demon again while in partial defense.*
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 12:20 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"HAHAHAHA, Lets Bring this thing DOWN!"

26. - Top - End - #566

Thokk clubs the lava beast across the back of its head while Fizahn pokes and prods it with his rapier. It is Elthan's magic missiles, however, that finally drop the monster.

The four creatures' bodies cool rapidly, and Linda's rain shower quickly turns their ashen remains into a gray mud. The rain also washes the soot from your faces and cools your bodies.

The room is silent except for the falling raindrops as everyone catches his or her breath ...

clap, clap, clap

"Bravo, adventurers! Those poor magmin didn't stand a chance!"

Graevic stands up from beside the dais, picking up a bright red egg-shaped gem and slipping it into one of his pockets. He smiles at you as he draws his scimitar ...

27. - Top - End - #567
    Dwarf in the Playground

Taern Torminson

*Taern smiles shakily at Graevic*

What... what's the scimitar for? And why didnt you... fight? Did you see an evil spirit?

*Looks around worridly*

28. - Top - End - #568
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Indeed."

*Notices he didnt fight and how he took the egg*

"Hrm, that was a very nice gem. Very nice indeed. Maybe you should put away your little dagger and let me hold onto it and explain why you didnt help us fight."

*Readies an action to Throw Alchemists fire, and then partial charge and attacked if needed*

"Hey, anyone have a potion to heal, or spells left? Im a little dinged up.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Troll in the Playground

Linda the White

I think that Master Graevik here let us do the dirty job and he takes the reward-or at least some of it-right? What I don't understand is why you didn't help us-with your help we'd win easily and you could take that gem if you wished. Unless, ofcourse, this gem is more than it appears to be and you planned to kill us all along. Even so, I don't think we should resolve to violence. A life is more valuable than treasure-wether it is our own or sb else's. If the others agree as well I have no problem with you leaving with it-I was never too fond of treasure.

30. - Top - End - #570

Fizahn:

"Come now Graevic, there's no need to get violent about this. I've seen a vast amount of gems in my day, but I would like to see one so amazing that you would risk death in a fight where you're outnumbered five to one against your former companions. I think we should at least be able to see what you'd risk fighting us for."

*Fizahn moves up next to Thokk.*

"If you really do want to fight, you should know that we won't go easy on you and that Thokk's-" *Fizahn pats Thokk on the back.* "-sword won't melt against your flesh."

*Fizahn whispers to Thokk.* "There is a chance that the gem is corrupting him."
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 12:22 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.