New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

Thokk

*Carefully examies the disk without touching it, looking for markings and the like.*

2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thokk crouches down, carefully inspecting the disc without touching it. The copper disc is featureless.

Fleeting laughter can be heard as well as occasional light footsteps. A pair of voices whispers back and forth - it is hard to make out the words however.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ach, I really not be liking this Illusion. Methinks we should leave it alone and see how long the trick lasts."

4. - Top - End - #664

Everyone backs slowly out of the room. The whispering and giggling continue unabated for quite a while.

You decide to break for lunch, leaving the coin on the floor of the parlor. Thankfully, the sounds don't move to the dining hall.

After lunch, you quietly walk back to the doorway that leads to the adjacent parlor. At first you think that the sounds have finally faded away, but straining your ears, you realize that you can just make out faint snoring coming from the room ...

5. - Top - End - #665
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Perhaps it is not simple ventriliquism after all, how long has the coin lain there?"

6. - Top - End - #666
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fizahn:

"Okay, okay, do I have to do everything around here? I'm going in to check it out, stay here and be quiet."

*Fizahn carefully stalks to the door, easing it open as quietly as possible.*

OOC: Move silently, +9.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 12:57 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Halfling in the Playground

Elthan:

Elthan looks intrigued by the sounds still being heard. "Alright, we should all carfully examine the room, but be on your guard, we do not know what we are up against, if we are up against anything..."

OOC:You can't take 20 on a move silently, you can only take 20 when you have the time to repeat the action 20 times, and failling cannot have any negative effect.
    Elthan: http://www.planetadnd.com/3eprofiler/view.php?id=3178

8. - Top - End - #668

Fizahn sneaks into the room, stepping over the blank copper coin. He follows the noise of the snoring over to a small chaise. Looking down he can see two faint depressions in the cushion. The snoring continues, though no creatures are visible.

OOC: It has been over an hour since the noises first began.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*Whispering very quietly*

"We Laddie, do you see anything?"

10. - Top - End - #670

Fizahn:

*Fizahn scratches his head for a second, before deciding on his course of action. He grabs one of the imprints on the cushions, and attempts to hold it there if he feels anything, calling to the others.*
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Troll in the Playground

Linda the White

Linda is still interested in learning about this new magic but as her listening and sneaking skills are not that high she lets the rogue sort it.
    Hmm, perhaps we should ask master Oden of this.
    She goes to Oden and asks in a wisper so as not to foil Fizahn's attempt to skean on the sound.

Master Oden, do you know of this magic? I have not seen it before. Then again, I've never seen much of anything...

OOC: Sorry, been busy for some time.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Orc in the Playground

[b]Thokk[/b

*Stands in a Doorways and tries to stay low to the groud, covering as much area as possible and blocking the door. Whispering:*

"Ach, now one be a good time to use the acursed ability of the damn drow, their Faerie Fire, to find this mystery creature"

13. - Top - End - #673
    Dwarf in the Playground

Taern

Taern gets up from the table and sticks her head in the room once more, quickly scanning for any intuders.

"Maybe its... uhh... whatchamacallit... invibisul?"

14. - Top - End - #674

Fizahn:

"Taern you're a genius, why didn't I think of that? I'm just here on the chaise trying to pin down two things that I can't see, and all this time I thought they were visible!"
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 12:58 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

15. - Top - End - #675

Fizahn's hands wrap around an invisible torso. Loud cries and squeaking replace the snoring. The invisible creature wiggles and struggles, but it is no use.

Suddenly, two pixies appear (dressed in simple tunics, pointy hats, and pointy shoes), one male, one female. Fizahn is holding the male, while the female stands on the cushion, indignantly gesturing at Fizahn and making threatening movements with a miniature short bow.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Troll in the Playground

Linda the White

We do not wish to harm you. We only want to know how you got here and why. Fizahn, can you please put them down? They are so delicate-try not to harm them.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*Laughing*
    "OHH HOO HOO! Little peoples caught napping after laughing at us! HA HA HA. I wonder if the lassie can even do anythign with her tiny bow."

18. - Top - End - #678

Fizahn:

"If I put them down, they'd just turn invisible again Linda. I don't think that that's a good idea. Elthan, or Linda, would you please check if they... Well they would after being invisible wouldn't they?"
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 12:59 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

19. - Top - End - #679

The two sprites chatter away at you in what you presume is the sylvan tongue. The female pixie actually fires a few arrows at Fizahn, but they all fortunately miss, leaving miniature arrows sticking out of the seat cushion.

Oden Homm pokes his head into the room to see what is going on. He looks down at the coin on the floor and observes Fizahn interacting with the sprites for a few moments. "Hmmm. A very interesting effect, similar to that of the cards in a Deck of Illusions ... I am sure these illusory creatures are harmless."

20. - Top - End - #680
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ach,but if they are harmless, how is Fizan actually holding it? They must be solid Illusions, and hence real! Ach, this is why I be hatin' them. Let me see just how real the are!"

*Thokk runs over, picks up an arrow in the cushin, and tries to jab himself in the arm*

21. - Top - End - #681

The miniature arrows dissolve into glittery dust when Thokk tries to jab himself with them.

Oden rubs his chin. "They are merely figments, Sir Thokk, and have no ability to cause you harm."

At almost that exact moment, Fizahn squeezes the male pixie just a bit too hard, causing him to dissolve into a burst of sparkles, leaving only the female pixie, who redoubles her chattering, horrified at the "death" of her mate.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Dwarf in the Playground

Taern

*Excited at the possibilities, Taern quickly goes to shift through the stack of coins*

"Oh, wow! Is there a dragon? That'd be amazing, I've always wanted a dragon..."

*She stops and turns around*

"Say, how long do they last? It's not much good to me if my dragon only lasts a few hours..."

23. - Top - End - #683
    Troll in the Playground

Linda the White

They seem to last for several hours-perhaps they're even permanent. Until you pick up the coin that is. I am grateful they were just illusions and not shadows-shadows are a sort of illusion that can really harm you.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ha, these really are interesting..."

OOC: How many disks are there, and what do they have on them?

25. - Top - End - #685

Fizahn:

"Yeah, and as long as we don't tell anyone that they're harmless, they should be worth a lot more!"
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 01:01 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

26. - Top - End - #686

There are 28 copper discs remaining in the box.

The stick figures are mostly humanoid, some solitary, some in groups, some with weapons or exaggerated body features. Some engravings appear to be representations of horns or serpents or wings or claws. It is hard to predict exactly what illusion any given disc might produce.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"This could be usefull lads....Regardless, we have hung around long enough. We have to find Sarloc's kin and warn him, now"

28. - Top - End - #688

Elthan's research has turned up a few possible leads.

First of all, Sarloc indeed had a son that survived him. It has been many generations since Sarloc and Sethra fought in the underground crypt, but it is possible that a great, great, great, great (etc) descendant survives. If so, Sarloc's heir would be in great danger from the newly awakened Sethra/Graevic. Sarloc's family originally hailed from the Unapproachable East. Elthan's research suggests that Thesk or Aglarond might be a reasonable place to start looking for the heir, but those countries lie many leagues away across the Sea of Fallen Stars. A divination might help pinpoint the heir's location, but a divination plus travel across the sea would be an expensive proposition.

A second possibility is that Sethra/Graevic is not yet at full power, and might be holed up temporarily trying to restore himself before going on the hunt for any living descendants of Sarloc. Elthan has found out that Sethra's primary base of operations used to be a hidden tower deep in the Orsraun Mountains. That tower was reportedly destroyed by Sarloc and his band of adventurers before Sethra retreated to the barrows in the Wetwood. If Sethra/Graevic is there and if the ruined tower can be found, then the whole "vengeance unleashed" business can be nipped in the bud without any need to track down any of Sarloc's descendants.

Finally, there is always the possibility that Sarloc never left the Wetwoods. Aholoh has revealed to Fizahn that Graevic built several shelters in the Wetwoods that he used whenever he was in the area. Conceivably, Sethra might be taking advantage of the druidic information in Graevic's mind to use the Wetwoods as a hiding place while he regains his strength.

OOC: Last chance to claim any of the items recovered from the barrows. The next time I post, I will report the amount of GP the group has to divvy up assuming that any unclaimed items have been sold for the best possible price.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ach lads, I say we venture into the shelters young Galvic had made. They are the closest, and if nothing we have destoryed possible resting places for him"

OOC: I got all the items I need. Again, does the water gem do anything special that we know of?

30. - Top - End - #690
    Troll in the Playground

Linda thinks for a moment then agrees with Thokk
    Yes, this would be the easiest option-but would it be the wisest? I do not know. But I do know we're not ready to travel till Aglarond or face Sethra again yet. So Thokk's choice does seem the wisest as well. Let's go.