New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

Fizahn slips back into the underbrush and makes his way to the opposite side of the bungalow's "yard" so that he has an unobstructed vantage point of the hut's doorway. When he is in position, he whistles like a bird to signal that he is ready.

Linda, Thokk, and Taern stand at the edge of the clearing, still hidden in the shadow of the willow trees. The hut is 60 yards away.

OOC: I edited my previous posts to include the PM's Erikkin and I exchanged.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Troll in the Playground

Linda the White

I have an idea. If they are real gnomes, perhaps they would react favorably to another gnome? I can use my magic to appear as one-a wasted effort if they too are Sethra's illusions but perhaps a good bet if they are real gnomes? But we should go in hiding anyway-in case this is one of Sethra's traps.

OOC: Linda uses disguise self to look like a female gnome

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

3. - Top - End - #723

Linda uses a glamer to change her appearance.

To Thokk and Taern, she appears to metamorph from a statuesque 6 ft tall amazon with long straight white hair down to a 5 ft tall perky brunette with mischievous eyes.

The effect is that of either the world's tallest gnomette or just a regular short human female.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Dwarf in the Playground

*chuckles*

You're quite a large gnome, I see.

How about if we hear battle, or screams, or other noises, we go in and start killing things. Otherwise we wait for you to call us in.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Troll in the Playground

Linda the White

Hmm, didn't work as expected. But the idea was not to infiltrate the gnome camp anyway-the illusion will not cover my voice. What I had in mind is me approaching in the open while you being right ahead trying to sneak in. I'd draw their attention and sneaking in would be much easier for you. And, I have to admit, I am not very capable at combat situations on my own-if things turned ugly an arrow or two could fell me before you even heard my call.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fizahn:

What's taking them so long? I gave them very simple instructions that even Taern could follow...

OOC: For future reference, when Fizahn says gnome-oid, it means humanoid, so they aren't exactly gnomes or short creatures.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

7. - Top - End - #727

After hearing Fizahn's bird call, Thokk begins to march towards the hut, sword drawn, making no attempt to move stealthily. He doesn't wait to see if Linda and Taern plan to follow him or not.

Fizahn waits with bated breath to see if there is any reaction from the three "gnome-oids" in the bungalow ...

8. - Top - End - #728
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ha, lads, there is no need for fancy plans. If they are hostile, then just slay the lot of them!"

9. - Top - End - #729
    Troll in the Playground

Linda the White

Linda sighs, rolls her eyes and reluctantly follows Thokk.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Dwarf in the Playground

*shrugs* Okay.

*Draws her falchion and starts forward*

11. - Top - End - #731

The three of you move forward in a wedge formation - Thokk at the point, Linda and Taern flanking him to either side.

In only a few moments, the three of you are standing in the cleared area surrounding the hut. The only door is slightly ajar.

A slight wiggle in the brush tells you where Fizahn is hiding out of sight.

All remains quiet.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*Shouting*

"OI! Whoever is in there, Come out!"

OOC: Ready an action to swing should anything hostile come out

13. - Top - End - #733

In the distance, you hear a cricket chirp twice. Otherwise, all remains silent and still.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ach, this is slightly worrisome..."

*Creeps closer to the door, all the while ready to strike*

15. - Top - End - #735

Fizahn:

*An exhausted groan comes from the grasses, and Fizahn, positioned behind the hut, I assume, emerges from hiding, and heads toward the group.*

"There wasn't supposed to be any threats!! You were just supposed to barge straight in, and see what was in there!! Any warning gave them time for a teleportation spell or something of that nature!! Do you not know what charging means?"

*Fizahn heads toward the door to open it.*

OOC: The way I pictured it in my head, Fizahn would be at the hut, peering through the crack in the door. Guess I should be more specific with my actions next time, huh?
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 01:50 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

16. - Top - End - #736

When Fizahn pushes open the door, the four of you are almost bowled over by the foul stench emanating from inside.

The light spilling into the one room hut reveals three humanoids sitting, hunched over a large table. Flies buzz around them. The table and surrounding floor are stained black with congealed blood.

You hesitate at the entrance. No one is eager to enter what looks like a charnel house.

17. - Top - End - #737

Fizahn:

"Linda, check for magic. I'll look for traps or anything suspicious around the immediate entrance, and then, well..."

*Fizahn tosses his dagger in the air and nervously catches it, before crouching low to the ground and examining the ground just inside the door.*
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 01:54 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

18. - Top - End - #738

It only takes a moment for Linda to sense a general aura of necromancy about the place.

Fizahn examines the threshold carefully and notes scrapes and a blood trail entering the hut from the outside.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Dwarf in the Playground

Taern Torminson

Ugh. That's disgusting.

*Taern warily circles the house, falchion at the ready, looking for anything else obviously amiss*

20. - Top - End - #740
    Troll in the Playground

Linda the White

Wait! Taern, Thokk, chop off the dead gnome's heads. Now. These might be dead but not dead.
    says Linda and slowly walks behind Thokk and Taern.

21. - Top - End - #741

Taern circles the hut. Other than the single door and a couple small windows, there is nothing remarkable on the outside of the little shelter.

Linda advises decapitating the bodies inside, but lingers behind, reluctant to get close to the doorway.

OOC: Who will be the first to enter the room?

22. - Top - End - #742

Fizahn:

"They aren't gnomes, no gnome would be stupid enough to get himself killed in whatever manner they got killed in. They resemble gnomes in basic body structure, but are bigger, so they're gnome-oids. I don't have a weapon of suitable properties enabling it to chop off heads with the haste required in this situation. I think it unlikely that Taern would desecrate the dead. Thokk, you're going to have to complete the vile task."

*Fizahn steps out of the doorway and motions Thokk forward.*
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 01:59 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

23. - Top - End - #743

Thokk shrugs his shoulders and steps into the hut, his bastard sword and shield at the ready.

He tries to use the edge of the shield to cover his nose. The stench of rotting flesh is almost unbearable and the buzzing from a cloud of black flies is deafening.

As he edges towards the bodies sitting at the table, he notices that all three of the humanoids are cloaked, obscuring their faces, but he also sees that all three of them have long green tails ...

He rears back to decapitate the closest creature, when suddenly the door slams shut and the entire room is plunged into unnatural darkness.

OOC: Taern, Fizahn, and Linda are outside. Thokk is inside.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

Linda the White
    Without losing any time, Linda sends a ray of fire a the (persumably) wooden door of the hut to open up an escape route for Thokk or room for Taern and Fizahn to help him if he can't get out.

OOC: Scorching Ray at the door (I hope it is wooden)

25. - Top - End - #745

Fizahn:

*Fizahn begins hacking and prodding the side of the hut with his rapier trying to force a way in.*

OOC: Gonna be gone this weekend, including Monday, please NPC Fizahn.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

26. - Top - End - #746

Linda blasts the door with a scorching ray of fire. The door explodes into small charred bits of wood. Through the open doorway you can hear the sounds of battle (and Thokk cursing), but all is pitch black inside.

Fizahn pokes at the walls of the hut ineffectively, but he eyes one of the small windows. They are not shuttered, and he could probably squeeze through if he wanted to.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Dwarf in the Playground

Taern, not waiting for the smoke to clear, charges forward into the darkness, falchion still gripped tightly in two hands.

"By leaf and thorn! Thokk, are you okay?!"

EDIT: Move into the hut, then hold my action looking for other combattants

28. - Top - End - #748
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*Swearing loudly*

"ACH, DAMN BEASTIES!"

29. - Top - End - #749

Fizahn:

"Ha, door's open now. I don't need the window."

*Fizahn grabs his everburning torch from his pack, and follows Taern into the darkness, "short sword" ready.*
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 02:02 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

30. - Top - End - #750

Thokk lashes out immediately as soon as the darkness falls. He chops deeply into one of the bodies with a satisfying thunk!

Horrifyingly, the three bodies come to life, lurching up from the table. They seem to move in slow motion, but even through the magical shadows, Thokk can see them raising large clubs with their rotting arms.

A loud explosion blasts the door off of its hinges, but the flash of fire does little to illuminate the gloom.

Thokk slashes again, with a curse. Again, he cuts deeply but bloodlessly. The mindless zombies pound Thokk with their clubs again and again, but their weapons prove ineffective against his armor and shield, only bruising him slightly.

Taern and Fizahn edge into the darkness. Their eyes are keen, but they still have trouble penetrating the gloom. All they can make out are shadowy figures locked in combat - three are tall (at least 7 feet), one appears to be much shorter.

OOC: Let's try posting actions in the IC thread, instead of the OOC thread this time.

Initiative

Fizahn 16 (13 + 3)
    Thokk 15 (9 + 6)
    Linda 15 (15 + 0)
    Taern 3 (2 + 1)

Current HP

Thokk 36 (43 - 7)