New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

Fizahn:

*Fizahn edges around the mysterious figures, remaining as far away from them as possible. Nearly slipping, Fizahn recalls the blood on the floor and silently curses at it.*

OOC: Where do the big evil undead people come in the initiative order? Fizahn's going to try to maneuver into a flanking position with Thokk or Taern.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

The room is small, and consequently Fizahn is able to edge around to the far side of the chamber without getting embroiled in the melee.

Once he is in position, he is able to make out the four combatants faintly outlined against the relative brightness of the open doorway.

OOC: The creatures act after Linda but before Taern.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Dwarf in the Playground

Taern lowers her shoulder and charges the one closest to her, swinging with mighty slashes of her Falchion, trying to easily decapitate one of them and roaring in fury at the monstrosity of the dead risen from their graves.

"I'll cut you to pieces, you foul undead! You'll wish you'd never been born, you unnatural freaks! Die now, and get gone from this world! Die! Die!"

OOC: Moving to engage the closest monstrosity, and entering barbarian Rage (4 rounds +4 Str +4 Con). This bumps her HP total to 37, but drops her AC to 13.

She attacks at a +8 for 2d4+7 points of damage.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*Shouting, pronouncing each word*

"DIE. YOU. FOUL. UNDEAD!"

5. - Top - End - #755

With each word, Thokk chops at one of the rotting creatures until it completely loses its structural integrity, collapsing into half a dozen body parts. Its limbs still twitch spasmodically, but it is no longer a threat.

The remaining two zombies continue to pound Thokk with their greatclubs, but Thokk simply ignores them as their blows simply glance off of his armor.

With wild eyes, Taern charges into the fray. Unfortunately, the darkness and the rage bubbling up inside her both serve to cloud her senses. She bodily collides with one of the zombies, and both she and the monster almost lose their balance. Meanwhile her falchion slashes downward and shatters one of the old wooden chairs.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Dwarf in the Playground

Taern quickly swings around, with her falchion, attempting to catch the thing with a powerful swing.

7. - Top - End - #757

Thokk continues to hack and slash at the two remaining zombies as they continue to pound back at him. Bits of rotting flesh fly through the darkness, splattering Fizahn and Taern.

Fizahn wipes the gore from his cheek and attempts to peer through the darkness but continues to have problems making out who is who in the gloom.

Taern attacks with abandon, and her falchion sinks so deeply into the back of one of the zombies that its tip protrudes from the creature's sternum by a hand and a half! Unconcerned, the creature continues to beat futilely at the heavily armored dwarf.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: sorry I haven't been able to update

If Linda can't see any of the enemies then she will cast light. If she can see them then she will cast magic missile.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"HAHA, the power of Moradin shields me from your foul undead blows! The protection of him will make me outlast all of you! HAHAHAHA"

OOC: Not much, tactics wise, just hack and slash. BTW, are they just not hitting me at all?

10. - Top - End - #760

Linda considers casting light but then remembers that light is unable to negate darkness. Instead, she takes her chances with a pair of magic missiles.

Dual beams of energy arc into the gloom and strike the zombie that Taern had impaled. Taern's falchion is freed as the monster explodes into wet chunks, splattering Taern with ichor, and whipping her up into an even greater frenzy.

The last remaining creature gamely beats Thokk with its warclub. Thokk starts to cut the zombie into pieces.

OOC: The zombies are only able to overcome Thokk's AC with natural 19s or 20s, so in game mechanics they keep "missing". I interpret this to mean that their blows are hitting your armor but causing no damage.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Dwarf in the Playground

Taern charges forward, swinging recklessly and yelling at the top of her lungs.

12. - Top - End - #762

Fizahn:

"If all you people weren't so tall, I might actually be able to tell which of you was the undead filth!! Aha, that one has a tail!! Or is that Taern? Are you wearing a cloak Taern? Believe it or not, I actually like being able to see..."

*Fizahn carefully examines all the remaining creatures, seeing if he can distinguish unique characteristics, ex. Taern's ears, the tails, and height.*

OOC:If he can't be completely certain that one of the monsters isn't Taern, he won't attack, and will just enter full defensive mode.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 02:11 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

13. - Top - End - #763

Almost simultaneously, Thokk slashes from one direction as Taern slashes from the other. The last remaining zombie falls apart into three irregular sections.

Taern looks around the gloom with wild eyes, searching for more enemies to slay. Her eyes fix on Fizahn who is crouched against the back wall, his magic "shortsword" raised.

OOC: Combat summary posted in the OOC thread.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Orc in the Playground

THokk

Ach, we got'em!

OOC: HAHA, Thokk is a beast! Tanking like a true dwarf should. As soon as he hits level eight, he is going to be even more fun, with dwarfen defender.....

15. - Top - End - #765
    Dwarf in the Playground

*battle-lust fading fast, Taern stumbles blindly out in****ento the sunshine, sinking to her knees with an exhausted gasp*

Tymora alive... That was more like hacking into a tree than fighting a living being.

*shakes her head, disgustedly*

If Sethra had any redeeming qualities, this has erased them all. The bastard has no right to disrupt the rest of -any- dead, much less those he's killed. His life is forfeit for such sacrilige, even if I have to stick the sword through poor Graevic myself.

*Her angry tirade finished, she closes her eyes and leans up against the wall, trying to block out the stench.*

16. - Top - End - #766

The darkness fades in a minute or two revealing the gruesome aftermath of the battle. In addition to the smashed chair and overturned table are the still twitching body parts of the three rotting humanoids. Gore covers the walls, ceiling, and almost every surface in the small room (as well as Thokk and Taern). The stench of rotted flesh is truly nauseating. The black flies continue to swarm, buzzing incessantly.

In the light, it is obvious that the beings once were lizardfolk before they were killed and raised as undead.

Other than simple furniture, the room is mostly empty. A small wooden box lies on the floor, where it apparently landed after being knocked off of the table during the melee.

17. - Top - End - #767

Fizahn:

"Okay, Sethra came to this hideout after fighting us, but it wasn't alone. The lizardmen followed it, and tried to rob it. Needless to say, they failed. Sethra left, but cast some sort of spell to reanimate them as zombies, so they would deal with anyone trying to follow it. Wait.... it didn't even have to come to this house, it could have just sent the zombies here to throw us off on our search for him. Guess I'll check the chest."

*Fizahn walks over to the wooden box, and carefully examines it for traps after lifting it upright.*

OOC: Search check. Take 20.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 02:14 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

I am sorry I couldn't help much in this fight-i might hit you accidentally with my spells and going blindly into meele equals suicide for me. Perhaps I can redeem myself by healing any wounds you have taken?

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Dwarf in the Playground

Do you have a spell to get this... slime off of me?

*shudders and quickly searches her pack for water and a rag*

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, I think I do. Gather all, I'll create a small "rain" to clean you up.

OOC: Create Water for a small downpour of about 8 gallons.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*after allowing himself to be washed off*

Ach, thanks lass. Any idea whats in the box?"

22. - Top - End - #772

Fizahn:

"I'm getting on that, have patience, oh impatient one. Only through careful searching will we find out what's in the chest. That's what I'm doing in case you didn't notice. There are practically infinite possibilities of what's in the chest. Most likely, it's a warning from Sethra telling us to stay out of his way, or it could be something of the former lizardmen's that Sethra didn't feel like bothering with."
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 02:17 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

23. - Top - End - #773

As Fizahn mutters under his breath, he carefully examines the small wooden cube (six inches on each side).

Finding no traps, he unlocks the latch and opens the lid.

Inside is a folded piece of parchment that seems to enclose a small soft object. The object has stained the paper dark brown.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Dwarf in the Playground

*looks on, slightly repulsed, then mutters under her breath*

Bet it's a body part.. Ugh.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ach, what is it?"

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

Better not to touch it Fizzahn, let me handle it. Now, all of you, remember the trap in the crypt? Let's all move back while I manipulate it from afar. Fizahn, let it down.

Linda retreats as far as she can while still looking at the parchment through the door of the hut. Then, after everyone has moved out of the hut and behind her, she uses a minor dweomer to detect any remaining hostile magics and another one to manipulate the parchment from afar once she is as sure as she can be that no magical traps exist.

OOC: Detect magic and Mage Hand.

27. - Top - End - #777

Everyone shuffles back across the damp grass until they are standing a safe distance from the packet.

The small package seems non-magical to Linda, so she gently pokes open the folded paper using her mage hand.

Lying on the open parchment is a small discolored cylinder. As everyone edges closer, Taern's intuition is proven correct - the item becomes recognizable as an amputated human finger.

There is also apparently ink writing on the blood-stained parchment.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Dwarf in the Playground

*shudders*

That's disgusting.

We should burn it. Let the cleansing flame wash any taint from it.

*thinks a moment*

After we figure out whose it is, though.

29. - Top - End - #779

Fizahn:

"Probably a warning from Sethra, as I said before. Personally, fingers aren't exactly the scariest body parts ever. Plus warning us with body parts will only fuel your rage, right Taern? I think that further down the road, we'll get more of this poor fellow's body parts as yet more warnings."

*Fizahn picks up the parchement and reads it, while handing the finger to Taern('s kneecap) in an offhand manner, so she can identify whose finger it is.*
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 02:18 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

Linda will look around the hut for signs of what had happened before the team arrived. She will look around with her spell-enhanced sight for anything magical.
    I do hope these poor people rest in peace now. However, something troubles me. Back in the crypts we saw a skeleton of a being much like these ones-a skeleton with a tail and obviously reptilian form when it was alive. Do you think this is of any significance?