Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 871 to 900 of 1091
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pullman, WA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Taern furrows her brow.

    "Oh, dang. You don't remember anything about when Sethra was in your head? Where did you wake up at? Do you know why he... err.. she? It? It.. where it is right now?"

    She sighs and complains.

    "At this rate, Sethra will be a hundred miles away and already jumping in other people's heads. Great. What do we do now? Kill everyone we meet, just in case they have a Sethra in their head?"

    "Well, no. We can't do that. We might kill one of Sarloc's kids, and that would be... uhh.. counter pro-duct-ive."

    Pleased with her large word, she lapses into silence, not really realizing how idiotic she just sounded.

  2. - Top - End - #872
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Fizahn:

    "This does complicate things a bit, because we have no idea who he is. If he possessed someone very powerful, then he could have gotten into the fort without a struggle, and if we tried to find him and fight him, we'd end up killing innocents, who are only following him because they have a contract with whoever the person he possessed was. For all we know, he could have taken over a woman..."

    *Fizahn pauses in his speech, and takes his "short sword" out and begins nervously tossing it into the air.*

    "Would we kill everyone there? He could just have possessed a servant, and the lord of the castle is one of Sarloc's heirs and he's trying to make us do his dirty work."

    *Fizahn sheathes his weapon and looks gravely at the lizardman.*

    "I think we have no choice but to try and find Sarloc's heirs before we confront Sethra."
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 03:09 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  3. - Top - End - #873
    Orc in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Ssathiyaa:

    He hisses in disagreement and shakes his head violently from side to side. He speaks to Fizahn in his usual flat tone in draconic "That would not be wisse. The hunt hass become harder but it is not beyond uss. Thiss Graevic was a vessel to sSethra, a track remains, growing colder. He must possess some other creature but his markings betray him. In pinkspeech, you spoke of a object that sSethra needs to jump body. He must carry this unnatural object. We will know him by this. "


    He pauses looking around at the others to see if they understand him. The pointed tongue slips in and out of his mouth more rapidly, betraying his excitement on an otherwise unreadable face.

    He raises his voice now as he mentions,
    "Pursue the hunt, we must. Visions, i see ".

    turning back to Fizahn but now turning to Linda often, he continues, this time in his normal tone which hardens at the end,
    There is a lair i saw in my vision. I am certain it is lair of the abomination not his prey.
    It is better to Hunt the tiger to his lair, then to sstalk hiss prey and wait for him. He hass many prey. Can you sstalk all of them? The hunt turns harder and our prey stronger if we rest long or hunt his prey for him. "


    He points a single claw to graevic.
    "Ussse him, we musst"
    and walks towards the chair Graevic is on to stand before him, before spinning around with his back to graevic and aholoh to face everyone and exclaim

    "Hunt one single prey."

    He sweeps the room with one hand and with some difficulty, as though, he was being forced to speak it.

    "aas.... one...paack"

    Their minds are as scattered as birds at the sound of thunder. Feh. Pinkskins remain pinkskins. I must drive them like the wolf to their prey for them. Why do they seek to find 'Sarloc's heirs'? how does that help to kill the 'sethra' that upsets the balance?..wait..

    "When we find and rip sSethra to piecess, you may travel to ssarloc's heirss, You will be glad little pinkskin... to part company with me... by then. Is this acceptable?"

    He stands with his head cocked and his palms facing out to you. His tail flickers from side to side in anticipation of the group's decision

    OOC: Sorry guys.. Ssathiyaa sees the Sarloc's heir pathway as longshots and is determined to forge ahead with his visions to guide him and Graevic to provide him with a startin point. Again i emphasise that protecting his tribe and you all while his tribe's fate depends upon you are his interests he will not wish to protect Sarloc's heirs just 'cos it is a good deed in itself.. and i think someon needs to rp a very good convincing argument if you wish to get him to abandon a very obvious path to sethra.. at least in 'his mind'. and even if we aren't powerful enough to take him downyet, Ssathiyaa would still rather track down the dark tower and scout and gather intel on sethra and at least deplete him of resources and plan our attack at the best possible moment.. maybe we delay attacking him until.. he attacks an heir or a another bunch of ppl. then we join in and turn him into geography!
    :)
    Raik Ir'Ghandalla ; Chiron ; Tanis Torrn d'Thraask


    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  4. - Top - End - #874
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Fizahn:

    "That is true, but I propose finding his prey and adding them to our pack. With a stronger pack, it will be easier to destroy the tiger, and with it's prey in our pack, we will know it will come to us eventually. If it comes to us, then we will choose the ground upon which it fights. It is better to fight the tiger on open ground than in it's lair. It is now preparing it's lair to serve as a deathtrap for us. It would be better if we lured it away from it's deathtrap into ours. Also with it's prey in our herd, we can change it's hunting grounds so that it doesn't destroy your tribe."

    *Fizahn looks gravely at the lizardman once more, giving it time to answer, and preparing his next argument.*

    It does us no good to find Sethra if we find him in a place where we are easily killed. I hope that Linda and Graevic will understand my logic, and try to sway the lizardman.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 03:41 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  5. - Top - End - #875
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Elthan (original) comes downstairs from the library and joins the conversation.

    "Remember that, according to Sarloc's journal, Sethra's old fortress was destroyed, and presumably has lain in ruin for centuries. Furthermore, based on the map you found, the Grey Keep appears to be hidden away in the mountains. It seems unlikely that it is currently inhabited by 'innocents'."

    "I do, however, understand Fizahn's caution. But, if you decide to leave Sethra alone for now and instead try to find Sarloc's descendants, then you have a big problem. Who and where are they?"

    "I have spent many hours studying texts and genealogies, particularly those from the 'Unapproachable' East in the hopes of identifying any of Sarloc's descendants. The most likely line of descent seems to be through the Relik family - a line of nobles from the kingdom of Unther. Unfortunately, many Untherites of noble lineage have been killed since Mulhorand invaded and conquered Unther. If indeed the Relik family is the last branch of Sarloc's line, then perhaps politics and war have already accomplished what Sethra is setting out to do ..."

    "Even if my information is correct, therefore, I am not exactly sure whether any descendant still lives. And you still have the problem of how you would go about finding any of Sarloc's descendants even if they would believe your warnings ..."

    ...

    Thokk says nothing, and instead polishes his sword and armor.

  6. - Top - End - #876
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pullman, WA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Taern's face lights up

    "Hey! I had an idea! Why don't we split up. Some of us go and kill Sethra, and some of us go and find Sarloc's kids!"

    She looks around eagerly.

    OOC: Err... just so you don't take her too seriously, as a player, I'm -not- suggesting we split up. Also, you guys have been listening to her crackpot ideas to take them with a grain of salt, right?

  7. - Top - End - #877
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Graevic, looking somewhat refreshed from the meal and wearing some spare clothes, nods slightly at Odens comments. My friends. Hunting down the heir would be most difficult, as we have very little information to go on. The lands are massive and an heir could be anywhere in then lands. And it could be that, as Oden mention, Mulhorand forces slew the heir during their invasion. However, Graevic gets a glint in his eye, we KNOW where Sethra was and we know he carries an item of great power. Those two things make him much easier prey than searching for an individual fish in the Dragon Sea. Though, we would have to set out quickly, stopping only to purchase what supplies we need. I can lead use back to his last known location, and we can start our search there for a new trail. Would it be possible to track Sethra through that gem he carries?

    Graevic smiles at Taern. I have been separated from my friends long enough. We must remain together, no mater which path we chose to take.

  8. - Top - End - #878
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    "Elthan II, The Clone Sorcerer

    "Spliting up could concievibly work Taern. Oden Could help us round up the villigers in the area and form a militia to combat Sethra. Three of us could go with the militia and assaut Sethra's Keep, While the other four could go to the east and track down Sarloc's desendent and warn him."

    "However, it would still be best to loot what we can from Grey Keep, and, should Sethra be found there, destroy him before he travels to the east."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  9. - Top - End - #879
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Fizahn:

    "Personally, I don't think that splitting up would be the best idea. We have no idea how powerful Sethra really is. If we are to have a frontal assault, or even a sneak attack, we will need everyone, unless we know that person isn't going, and aren't counting on him." Fizahn turns quickly to look at Elthan, (the first Elthan) smiling at him, he then resumes his speech.

    "Elthan, we know you don't want to adventure anymore, but you could help us so much without having to adventure. Just think of it as traveling for research. I'm sure you could find many libraries as great or greater than Oden Homm's, and you'd be able to practice your sorceries. You wouldn't have to combat anything, and you'd probably prove to be a valuable agent for us in Unther. There's also a chance you may find Sarloc's heir."
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 03:43 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  10. - Top - End - #880
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Elthan (original) rubs his chin. "Hmm. That's not a bad idea Fizahn."

    "I've always wanted to see the East. And maybe one person poking around won't be as obtrusive as a party of six.

    "If I leave right away, I should be able to reach Aglarond in a tenday (or less if the winds cooperate). I can signal back immediately if I find any leads on any of Sarloc's descendants ..."


  11. - Top - End - #881
    Orc in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Ssathiyaa:

    The lizardkin's tail hangs down without swinging and his shoulders are lowered now. He looks visibly relaxed.

    Semuanya rains his blessing on me again. The pinkskins are planning their hunt wisely. My heart feels lighter under the guidance of my lord....
    As long as i don't allow further delays in this hunt, this imbalance may vanish before my people may rashly war on these pinkskins. Strange that Sethra should delay to slay my people after his escape. My people's path and his may never have crosssed if he had retreated to his lair with no delays..........Something.....something.. doesn't feel right...


    His gaze falls own Fizahn and his eyes turn into slits
    The little pinkskin has the spirit of a wolverine. Hard and tough. And his hunting is worthy... for a pinkskin..I mean....
    He adds the last thought hastily and shakes his head to come out of his reverie.
    Turning to look at Graevic, he studies the human, learning what he can. When Graevic notices him looking Ssathiyaa nods his head slightly.

    Speaking to no-one particularly
    in draconic, "I'll gather some healing roots for the hurt pinkskin. There are few pinkskins outside but i will not take too long"

    before he heads out. He feels confident that the party will hunt Sethra directly.

    OOC: Survival and Knowledge (Nature) rolls to scrounge up anything that will aid Graevics recovery or to just bring along for later. He doesn't intend to wander too far so he's willing to return empty handed if necessary. And he intends to find where Tcha(my companion) is and possibly bring him with him back to Oden Homm's
    Raik Ir'Ghandalla ; Chiron ; Tanis Torrn d'Thraask


    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  12. - Top - End - #882
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Elthan II

    I don't think I can really offer more to what has been said. We will make a decision when we have all said what we can, and whatever course we decide on, I'll follow.

    *Elthan II procedes to sit down and examine the coins again, intent on figuring out what illusions each coin could produce.*

    (OOC: I cant find the village we are in on the map. About how far are we from Grey Keep and how long would it take us to get there?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  13. - Top - End - #883
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Graevic nods to no one in general, Well then, Ill take the coins we gained from the barrow and head to town to try and replace my gear. I will return shortly. With that, Graevic, Aholoh bounding behind him, heads out the house towards town.

    ((OOC: DR, going to basically purchase what is on my equipment list, if available. Please let me know if I need to change anything or if anything is not available/outside my current means. ))

  14. - Top - End - #884
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    The (as yet un-named) lizardman forages at the edge of Oden Homm's fields for some healing roots while the peasants eye him suspiciously.

    ...

    Elthan II continues to carefully examine the copper medallions, while the others argue.

    ...

    Graevic looks quite a bit better this morning, thanks to a bath and the healing magic of Linda and Oden Homm. Unfortunately, even arcane healing is not able to regenerate his left pinky finger, leaving him permanently disfigured.

    He borrows a horse and heads into town (Aholoh happily riding on his lap), returning in the afternoon with new armor, weapons, and a pack full of gear.

    He graciously accepts the lizardman's herbs, though in truth his healing is almost complete.

    ...

    Thokk's armor and sword are polished to a mirror finish by this time. "Ach, so when do we set off to kill the wizard?"

  15. - Top - End - #885
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Elthan II

    'Well Thokk, assuming we're all ready we could leave right now."

    *Elthan II takes the small box of coins and puts it in his bag.*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  16. - Top - End - #886
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Thokk rolls up the map to the Grey Keep, loads his gear up onto his warhorse, then clambers onto its back. "Laddies (and lassies), I say there's a time for gabbing and there's a time for action. We've done more than enough gabbing. I say it's time we took some action. Who's with me?"

    At the same time, Elthan (original) has packed up his own traveling gear and is ready to head east to Hlondeth, where he will catch a ship that will take him across the Sea of Fallen Stars to Velprintalar, capital of Aglarond in the Unapproachable East.




    OOC: It's time for each individual to choose a path ... Will you follow Thokk to the Grey Keep, or head to the East in search of Sarloc's descendants with Elthan?




  17. - Top - End - #887
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pullman, WA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    *nods firmly to Thokk*

    I'm with you. I'll see to it that that damned undead-raiser gets his neck rung.

    *She goes and packs her gear*

  18. - Top - End - #888
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Fizahn:

    "I don't know why I'm doing this, I'll probably end up getting myself killed, but I'm going to the keep with you, Thokk."

    *Fizahn swings up onto his pony, ready to go.*
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 03:44 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  19. - Top - End - #889
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Elthan II

    *Elthan II swings his pack on and jumps onto his horse.*


    (OOC: I'll be taking the coins with us. If we/you need/want to have a coin just in case, Elthan will divide them out.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  20. - Top - End - #890
    Orc in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Ssathiyaa:

    The lizardman stands next to Graevic and follows him when he rises to join Thokk and the others. He turns to look at Linda.
    Raik Ir'Ghandalla ; Chiron ; Tanis Torrn d'Thraask


    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  21. - Top - End - #891
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Linda, too, prepares for travel, though it is not immediately clear whether she will be heading to the Keep or if she plans to accompany Elthan (I) to the East.

    Oden Homm watches all eight of you as you prepare for departure. The expression on his face is hard to read.

    "My friends, I can't shake this strange premonition that our paths will not cross again for a very long time (if ever). I hope that I am wrong, but the feeling is very strong. Before you head out to meet your destinies, please accept a few gifts from an old man ..."

    He enters the house, then returns with several items.

    He gives Taern an ivory-handled shortspear. Its honed blade shines like silver. "When I saw you give up the waraxe for those spears, I felt that you might be able to put this to good use."

    He hands Fizahn a small knapsack with 4 vials inside. "The oil is not to be ingested, but rather is meant as an ointment for your weapons. I trust they will be useful in your quest against this evil necromancer."

    And finally he passes a plain gold ring to Linda, his apprentice. "Foolish Linda, always more interested in your arcane studies than in preserving your own skin! I would grieve greatly to hear that any harm came to you. Please wear this in good health."

    "And for the rest of you, be well and good hunting!"




    OOC: Taern recieves a +1 holy shortspear. Fizahn receives 4 magic oils (Bless Weapon). Linda receives a ring of protection (+1 AC).

    Please decide on a marching order and establish three night/watch shifts (either individuals or pairs).



  22. - Top - End - #892
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pullman, WA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Taern Torminson

    Taern studies Oden for a long moment, eyes searching the wrinkles of his ancient, care-worn face. Finally, she takes the gift with a thankful nod, examining the spear closely. Silently, she sticks the spear in the holder with the others, carefully tucking it so that it can be drawn quickly. Finally, she looks up once more and speaks, gravely.

    "Master Oden Homm... I am forever in your debt. You were the one who first brought me to this group which I now dub my friends."

    She waves her hand over the group, naming each in turn.

    "Ethan, Thokk, Fizhan, Linda, Graevic..."

    She shakes her head, voice filled with emotion.

    "Who would have thought that in the few weeks we have been together, a bond so strong could have been formed... Between those so different.. In appearance, in spirit..."

    She turns back to Oden.

    "I have you to thank for this, all of this. I, Taern Torminson, of the Strongroot clan, am at your service. If.. when.. we meet again, if there is anything I can do to assist you.. to repay this debt.. you have only to ask."

    After this emotional (and somewhat cliche) outburst, she quiets again, then raises her voice in a steady elven chant.

    May Tymora's lucky smile shine over you.
    May trees ever bend and provide you with shade.
    May the strong West Wind ever blow at your back.
    May the sun illuminate the path before you.
    May the moon and the stars ever glitter brightly above your head.
    May you find peace and prosperity wherever you wander.


    Her blessing said, she mounts her horse and waits for the others to form up.

    -------------------------------------------------------

    While she is waiting for the others, she draws the softly glowing shortspear from its holder, examining it closely... She swings it a few times, seeing how it responds, and marvelling at the soft golden glow the spear-head sheds.

    Finally, she draws it up in the guard position, examining the designs on the shaft.

    "I shall call you Aercalad... Holy Light."

    She then returns the spear to it's holder and looks around, waiting for the others to finish.

  23. - Top - End - #893
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Fizahn:

    "I would like to start off by thanking you for this gift. I assume it's some sort of poison, or maybe something magical that will help in combat. It may very well be a long time before we meet, but I'm sure we will meet again. You started us on our adventure in this area, and you provided shelter for us when we ran into problems that we couldn't handle. I hope you live a long and prosperous life. You have done so much good in the time you've already had. I hope you continue to do good, and I will try to solve our mistake." Fizahn announces, while riding the pony, so he's as tall as everyone. When he says "our mistake," he indicates Thokk, Taern, Graevic, Linda, Elthan and himself.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 03:52 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  24. - Top - End - #894
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    (OOC: here's my 2cp for marching order and watch.
    Everone is represented by the first letter of thier name.

    .................................... G
    .............................Ta * *Th * * S
    .................................L * * * E
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    ......................................F

    With this order, Greavic can spot anything in front of us, and Fizahn can sneak off to the side and flank from behind. *Night watch should be split between Greavic, Ssyathiya, Fizahn and Taern, all of them having the highest spot checks. One can take the night off and the other 3 can watch, alternating each night. Any suggestions?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  25. - Top - End - #895
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Graevic prepares the remainder of his equipment and thanks Oden for his hospitality and gifts. Holding Aholoh in one hand, he mounts his horse, and waits for the others to finish preparing. As Taern finishes her blessings, Graevic holds his silver oak leaf medallion in his hand and whispers quietly, May the Oak Lord protect us.

    ((OOC:
    Im good with the given order and watch plans. S.O.P for Graevic (assuming normal moving speed): Aholoh off to the side in a flanking/scouting position. Bow will be wielded if undergrowth is minimal, otherwise, scimitar and shield. Will keep watch for anything (spot/search/track) out of the ordinary, moving as silently as possible at normal moving speeds))

  26. - Top - End - #896
    Orc in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Ssathiyaa:

    The lizardkin hardly knew Oden Homm but understands that he offered him hospitality in pinkskin lands. He bows his head slightly as he leaves, at Oden but otherwise says nothing. Once outside he acquiesces to Elthan II's plan and assumes his place patiently waiting for the pinkskins to bid their farewells. He looks into the distance and tries to foresee the weather ahead.

    OOC: I have darkvision. I'd be good to leave on night watch. And I'm good with the marching orer. Good job King_of_Griffins.
    I hold a barbed dart in a hand and my shield in the other. my club hangs suspended from my belt. In an attack I will first throw my dart and then attack with a claw and secondary bite if it seems like a dangerous foe or drop the shield when i'm close enough and multiattack with 2 claws and a secondary bite. I carry the shield mainly for ranged protection and to fight defensively if i have to.

    Sorry i haven't posted in the OOC column. I'll do so soon. My attachment's been crazy-busy.

    MODIFIED: thanks cannonade.took me awhile to figure out what i had formed by merging the words night and watch.It has been rectified
    Raik Ir'Ghandalla ; Chiron ; Tanis Torrn d'Thraask


    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  27. - Top - End - #897
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pullman, WA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    ((OOC: I'm good with the marching order.

    Taern will sing jolly elven traveling songs, and on combat, charge in with reckless abandon.))

  28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Belial_the_Leveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    When Oden speaks to her in this way and gives her this parting gift, Linda's face goes red and she almost bursts in crying (almost).
    You... you're right as always master-I will miss you... Thank you for this gift-I always focused in my art more than I did in my own safety-and I shall wear it both as a protection and as a reminder to everything you've taught me. I will try to make you proud in this dangerous journey...

    Now, I think Elthan is right-the marching order he proposes is good and the shifts he has set would be the best in my opinion as well-no, I don't say that because I don't like to lose my comfort, I just think I wouldn't be suitable for the watch anyway.


    Linda becomes a bit redder as she says that-the change of subject was to hide her being touched by what Oden said and gave to her but didn't turn out very well-it would seem that Linda did want to skip being a lookout in order to lazily rest in her bedroll all night... ;D

  29. - Top - End - #899
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Thokk insists on being included in the watch rotation. "Me being the only one of all of us with the darkvision after all ..."

    And then the seven of you are off, headed north into the Orsraun mountains ...

    Graevic leads the party back the way he came, as best he can remember. It doesn't take long before it is clear that he is indeed heading toward the same spot marked as the Grey Keep on the map.

    It takes several days and nights to retrace Graevic's descent from the mountains. The nighttime chill deepens as you head higher into the mountains, and all but Thokk find the journey increasingly uncomforable as the terrain gets rockier and drier. The lizardman in particular seems ill-suited for this terrain, but he complains not, bearing the cold, dry air stoically.

    After the first couple of nights, you decide not to keep a fire burning overnight, so as not to attract any unwanted attention. You shiver yourselves to sleep and awaken to frost covering the ground and your tents in the morning of the third day.

    The third night is a crisp clean moonlit one. Thokk is on watch when he spots movement along a nearby ridge. Awakening the rest of you as quietly as he can, he points out about 10 silhouettes, shuffling along toward the east.

    The shaggy fur, the hunched posture, and loping gaits of the humanoids make them instantly recognizable as gnolls. They are armed as if for war, but they are heading away from the Grey Keep, rather than towards it. Three or four of them limp or hold their arms stiffly suggesting that they've been injured recently.

    They are several hundred yards away and show no signs of being aware of your presence ...


  30. - Top - End - #900
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pullman, WA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Taern

    Not waiting for the others, Taern springs atop a nearby rock in plain view of the gnolls, waving Aercalad about as she shouts a challenge to the gnolls.

    "Who are you creatures and why are you here? I'll have you know that if you bear hostile intentions, me and my friends won't hesitate to gut you without remorse!"

    She waves her spear around some more, and attempts to portray as menacing an air as possible.

    OOC: Intimidate check at a +7

    She doesn't know when she's horribly outmatched :D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •