Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 931 to 960 of 1091
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Graevic

    Graevic eyes the gnolls warily, as if weighting his options. Looking over their shoulders, he sees that Linda appears somewhat better and nods slightly at Thokk. A look of concentration draws on his face as he returns his attention to the gnolls. In a fluid movement, he swings his scimitar at one, spins and swings his kurki at another.

    ((OOC: I THINK I can split my attacks, if not then I’ll attack one. If I can attack two, then the one that I attack with the kukri will be the one Aholoh flanks. If I can only attack one, then Aholoh will flank that one.))

  2. - Top - End - #932
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Fizahn:

    "Don't worry Graevic, help is on it's way!" After shout this, Fizahn drops his crossbow and draws his "short sword." Sparing a brief moment to glance at the melee with Taern, he turns back toward Graevic and spares enough time for a short remark before hustling toward him. "Go save him Thokk."

    OOC: Move towards the gnolls attacking Graevic and try to maneuver into a flanking position. Attack when possible, but he won't charge them.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 04:08 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  3. - Top - End - #933
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Graevic engages two gnolls simultaneously, parrying and slashing with his scimitar and silver kukri. He cuts them both deeply, but their axes smash through his defences, knocking him to the ground. One of the gnolls kicks Aholoh out of the way.

    Thokk charges the third gnoll, cutting him down from behind. Fizahn follows close behind, his "shortsword" drawn. The two gnolls stand over Graevic as they prepare to engage Thokk and Fizahn. One raises his axe over Graevic in a threatening manner, as if to say, "Stand back, or he dies!"

    Linda crawls behind a rock for safety. Elthan guards her, frost forming on his hands as he chants.

    ...

    Taern kicks the corpse of the gnoll leader off of her spear, then thrusts an adjacent gnoll in the gut, killing him instantly as well. The remaining gnoll chops at Taern, but she blocks his blow with the butt of her spear.

    The lizardman sprints toward Taern, his claws bared. Out of the corner of his eye, he notices that one of the entangled gnolls has wriggled to freedom. The gnoll assesses the situation and begins to retreat, loosing an arrow toward the melee as he flees. The arrow flies harmlessly overhead.





    OOC: Two gnolls remain vs. Graevic, Thokk, and Fizahn. One gnoll remains engaged with Taern. One gnoll is entangled. One gnoll is fleeing.

    Graevic attacks one gnoll with his scimitar hitting with an 18 (13 + 5) for 5 damage. The other gnoll he attacks with his kukri hitting with a 15 (12 + 3) for 3 damage. Thokk charges and hits with a 28 (15 + 13) for 13 damage, killing one gnoll. The other two gnolls hit Graevic with a 21 and 18 for 15 (6 + 9) damage.

    Taern hits a gnoll with a 16 (9 + 7) for 15 damage, killing him. The other gnoll misses with an 8. The lizardman moves and casts magic fang. The fleeing gnoll misses with a 5.

    Current HP

    Linda: 7
    Taern: 22
    Graevic: 3 (18 - 15)

  4. - Top - End - #934
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Graevic

    Feeling his strength slip from him, Graevic shifts into a defensive stance, focusing his efforts at preventing the gnolls from hitting him again.

    ((OOC: Fight defensively this round))

  5. - Top - End - #935
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pullman, WA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Taern

    Taern continues her reckless assault, stabbing and slashing with her spear.

    OOC: Another attack at +9 for 3d6+6 damage on the nearest gnoll

  6. - Top - End - #936
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Elthan

    *Elthans spell complete, he glances at Linda.*
    "Linda, follow me. We're going to capture a gnoll. If you have rope, get it out."
    *Elthan goes over to the entangled gnoll, intent on taking it prisoner for questioning.*

    (OOC:Moving towards entangled gnoll and using chill touch. I can attack with this spell 4 times, it does 1d6 damage and 1 str damage.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  7. - Top - End - #937
    Orc in the Playground
     
    sacreddeamon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Thokk

    "Das ekens'kvan tis quel fara'n!"
    "Your blood shall be bathed in!"
    (Literly translated, meaninging "I will bath in your blood")


  8. - Top - End - #938
    Orc in the Playground
     
    sacreddeamon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Thokk

    "Das ekens'kvan tis quel fara'n!"
    "Your blood shall be bathed in!"
    (Literly translated, meaninging "I will bathe in your blood")


  9. - Top - End - #939
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Ssathiyaa:
    Seeing Graevic, the one pinkskin who could lead him straight to Sethra's trail under attack, the lizardman changes direction and charges straight for the gnolls towering over Graevic
    Ryan Atwood
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  10. - Top - End - #940
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Seeing Thokk and Fizahn closing in, the two gnolls snarl and withdraw, loping off into the night, leaving Graevic wounded but alive.

    The one gnoll not yet slain by Taern also attempts to flee, but he gets cut off by the lizardman. Like a raptor, the lizardman leaps through the air, landing heavily on the gnoll. The lizardman's claws tear at the gnoll's hide, viciously ripping out the unfortunate gnoll's throat and entrails.

    Seeing the battle wind down, Elthan makes his way over toward the entangled gnoll, but when he gets to within 10 ft of the gnoll, vines rise up and hold him fast. Within seconds, Elthan is as entangled as the gnoll ...




    OOC: Six gnolls have been slain, three have escaped, and one has been captured.

    The lizardman hits twice with 17 (13 + 4) and 17 (13 + 4) for a total of 28 (10 + 14) damage, killing one of the fleeing gnolls.

  11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Belial_the_Leveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    You know... I should have become a healer...
    says Linda through gritted teeth, working another healing spell on herself. The spell's power knits her wounds and expells the near-deadly arrow from her chest.
    Since I'm not so good in combat, perhaps I can heal your wounds instead?
    says Linda with as much dignity as she can muster...

  12. - Top - End - #942
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Ssathiyaa:

    feh... the meat is stringy..the hide...hmm..filthy..but curing will see to that..mmm..fresh meat

    He lifts his bloodied claws and begins dragging his kill to a more convenient location, intent on skinining and cooking it. He notices Elthan entangled and rolls his eyes in disgust.

    pinkskins...always blundering into trouble.. even hatchlings have better sense..feh..

    He waits for the others to surround the gnoll and elthan before dismissing the entangle spell. He drags his kill towards Graevic and assesses Graevic's condition. If he sees Graevic needing aid he drop his food and will go to him.

    As long as no one disturbs him, Ssathiyaa will begin to skin and store meat and hide. He eats some raw meat but store whatever he can carry. He expects to chase after the escapee immediately.

    [i]OOC: DR.. thank thank you so much that was so cathartic.. i prob won't do it again if it's disruptive but..*tears of joy* thanks mate.. uh can someone 'interview' the gnoll. Something tells me that Fizahn is gonna encourage him to talk..*evil grin*.. I'm gonna enjoy that..ooc of 'cos
    Ryan Atwood
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  13. - Top - End - #943
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Eltahn

    *Elthan strugles to free himself from the spell.*
    "Errr, someone. Help. Oh, hello gnoll, come here often? Someone get the rope from my bag. Oh wait, dont, you'll get entangled. Uh, surround us first and wait for the spell to end and we'll tie him up."

    *Elthan waits for the others to surround the spell effect and for it to dispell.*

    (OOC: good Idea runehawk, better than running into it. And having 18-19 charisma, I should probally interogate him. But go ahead and do it if you want, It'll be a group interrogation session :))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  14. - Top - End - #944
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Fizahn:

    "I'm willing to bet gold that this loutish brute doesn't even speak common. Is anyone willing to take me on? What about you, gnoll, are you willing to take that bet? He might be able to speak common, but I doubt he speaks Draconic. If he's greedy enough, he'll admit to speaking common and won't be able to pretend he doesn't know it. I don't think we have to worry about the escaped gnolls bringing reinforcements for a while. I'd interrogate our prisoner, and then leave."
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 04:26 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  15. - Top - End - #945
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Elthan

    "I'm willing to go along with that. Two more gold says he cant."" Good Idea Fizahn, we can just slit his throught if he cant and move on with our mission. Now, how about helping me out? Fizahn? Lizardman? Please?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  16. - Top - End - #946
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    The lizardman dismisses the entangle spell, and in short order the gnoll is bound securely.

    Linda tends to herself, grimacing as she withdraws the arrow from her chest. She then moves on to aid Graevic.

    ...

    The gnoll glowers at Fizahn and Elthan, but either doesn't speak common or doesn't want to talk. The gnoll remains defiant until he sees Graevic approach. Recognition appears in the gnoll's eyes, and he bares his fangs, seemingly more out of fear than anger.

    The gnoll growls and barks, saying something in the gnoll language directed at Graevic. The gnoll bows his head, despite his bonds, assuming as submissive a posture as possible.




    OOC: Linda heals 9 points for herself and 6 points for Graevic.

  17. - Top - End - #947
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Elthan

    *Elthan notices the adverse reaction of the gnoll to Greavic. He speaks slowly and coolly*

    "Well well well. It appears as though our captive did recently come from the castle. Intresting. So Gnoll, you remember Sethra here, don't you? Tell us what you where doing at the castle, and we will let you go. We wont follow you, we wont kill you, just tell us what you have been doing."

    (OOC: Bluff check +10, noone else talk, you could ruin the illusion. This should be fun. Greavic should probally take an intimidating stance, adding +2, as he is considered to be sethra.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  18. - Top - End - #948
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Ssathiyaa:
    After packing his food(meat), and having accumulated usable hide, Ssathiyaa looks to the others to see what they intend to do. The cold had been steadily worsening in the night and he was wandering if they were camping somewhere. With
    a shiver he suppresses, he strides over to the prisoner.

    Looking at the hide across one shoulder, he figures that he might have to discard most of it but enough might be cured and usable enough to help keep a bit warmer.

    He ignores any looks of disgust he receives,
    To kill to feed, to live, to protect home and young is the way of things. Monsters the pinkskins call us but we do not slaughter senselessly... as they do at times.. how strange these pinkskins are.. they are not mere animals but not wise in the way of things either. Yet they run amok in the world, threatening my people and even the balance with their unchecked strength.

    He nods at a fully recovered Linda.
    Good..losing one of you may affect the outcome of this hunt

    He stands behind the gnoll so it is unable to see him and asks, in common.
    "Has for us, the dog-kin, words? "


    He points in the direction of the gnoll that escaped, obviously indicating that this wasn't over yet..
    While curious as to why the gnolls ambushed them,
    Ssathiyaa feels answers might be more forthcoming my tracking the lone escapee. If he learns that Sethra might be responsible for the attack, he will insist on pursuing and killing the gnoll before it raises the alarm.

    OOC: Guys don't forget to loot the corpses. Other than booty.. may have something impt(the leader). Kinda outta character for a druid + lizard to be interested in baubles... and mercy is an alien concept. If lizardfolk allow things to escape it's so next season the animals may restore the population. simple hunter sense. etc.
    Ryan Atwood
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  19. - Top - End - #949
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Fizahn:

    *Fizahn steps away from the interrogation of the gnoll, letting his more charismatic companions do the work. Instead, he heads over to the bodies, and decides to use the leader as a focal point for a pile of dead gnolls. After much dragging of the bodies, Fizahn is extremely tired, and he returns to the group to grab Thokk.*

    "Help me out over here. If we get the gnolls in a small area, it'll be easier to tally the loot."
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 04:27 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  20. - Top - End - #950
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Graevic

    Still splattered with gnoll blood, Graevic slowly steps towards the gnoll, scimitar and kukri in hand. He says nothing, simply standing within striking distance of the captured gnoll, glaring at it with anger filled eyes. Aholoh stands next to Graevic, growling deeply at the gnoll.

    ((Wish I had my character sheet available here, dang it))

  21. - Top - End - #951
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pullman, WA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Taern

    Taern looks around, slightly shocked as she sees no more opponents. The coppery tint fades from her eyes, and she slumps against a nearby rock, panting. She wipes her spear on the ground, then cleans the end with a rag.

    Finally, she hefts herself back up and goes over to stand by Graevic, glaring at the gnoll.

  22. - Top - End - #952
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Thokk and Fizahn examine the gnoll corpses carefully. Sadly, the gnolls are carrying very little in the way of loot. Altogether, Fizahn scrapes up 45 cp and 18 sp. The gnoll leader was wearing a gold earring. That at least might be worth something. Surprisingly, the gnolls are carrying no gear other than their weapons and a few waterskins. Several of them bear wounds that predate the battle they just fought (and died) in. The wounds appear to have been hastily dressed.

    ...

    The captured gnoll glares back at Elthan and Taern. He growls and barks a question in gnoll to Graevic. When he gets no response, he repeats the question. After a minute, he gives up, however, realizing that none of you speak his language.

    The gnoll rolls onto his back, a submissive posture, but his gaze remains defiant. It is as if he is saying, "Go ahead and kill me. I am not afraid."

  23. - Top - End - #953
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Elthan

    *Elthan relizing the language bairier thinks quickly.*

    "It doesn't appear as though we're going to get anytyhing out of him without a common language. Wait, some gnolls speak goblin, dont they? But who here would know...... HEY THOKK! COME OVER HERE! WE COULD USE YOUR EXPERTISE!"

    (OOC: Thokk should know goblin, so if the gnoll by chance also knows it we could get something out of him. I suggest we dont try the 'We are sethras group, you know we can kill you' act. it wouldnt work as we have proven our selves unable to speak gnoll, which sethra obviously could.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  24. - Top - End - #954
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Thokk comes over grumbling about the slim pickings recovered from the slain gnolls.

    When he begins to speak to the gnoll in goblin, the gnoll's ears perk up. Amazingly, Thokk and the gnoll both know enough broken goblin to communicate.

    Thokk interrogates the gnoll for almost an hour. Occasionally, the gnoll stops cooperating, and Thokk has to draw his sword and threaten to decapitate the gnoll to get him talking again. Eventually, however, Thokk gets the whole story out of the gnoll ...


    Apparently, the gnoll was a member of a warband consisting of 50 gnolls based out of the ruins of an ancient tower (presumably the Gray Keep). The gnolls had been established there for some time, and the fort had been a good base of operations for raids on human or orc settlements to the west in the Shining Plains or to the east in Turmish.

    Several days ago (probably around the time you were fighting the zombies in the Wetwoods), the gnolls were attacked by about a dozen undead lizardkin, led by a scimitar wielding human (presumably Graevic/Sethra). At first, the gnolls cut down the zombies easily, but the zombies kept reanimating and combining into larger undead behemoths. The undead attack was relentless.

    At one point, three gnolls broke through the undead and engaged the human. Two of the gnolls dropped dead, apparently succumbing to some kind of wizardry, but the third gnoll managed to wound the human badly. In a decidedly un-gnoll-like show of self-sacrifice, the gnoll wrapped his arms around the human, and threw himself and the human over the edge of a nearby crevasse and vanished ...

    In the end, however, the undead (despite being leaderless) trapped the gnolls in their own fort and slaughtered them. Only a small number of gnolls made it out of the fort alive. The highest ranking surviving gnoll had gathered the survivors, and they were moving outward from the fort in concentric circles in order to gather up any other gnolls that had escaped the undead onslaught.

    When Taern leaped up, surprising and threatening the gnolls, the gnolls reacted in what they would consider self-defence. The three gnolls that escaped are no doubt far away by now.

    The gnoll was surprised to see the human (Graevic) still alive. The gnoll respects (and fears) his power and acknowledges that the human and his undead minions crushed the gnolls in battle.

    The gnoll fully expects to be killed, but he would be willing to lead your party back to the site of the gnoll fort, avoiding the traps that the gnolls had put in place along the "obvious" paths, in exchange for freedom.

  25. - Top - End - #955
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Eltahn

    "Well, I believe we've intimidated him enough. We've caused enough fear in him to ensure his trust. If he says he can deliver us safely to the keep, I'm sure he'll keep his word."

    (OOC: how long can I keep a charge? I cast chill touch and havn't used it once. Acording to the book i can keep it indefinetly as long as i dont dismiss the charge or use 4 times.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  26. - Top - End - #956
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Ssathiyaa:
    As the story unfolds, Ssathiyaa finds it diificult to keep up at times but he understands that the gist of it was that the wizard-spirit controlling the party member "Graevic" attacked the gnolls at a tower.. Could it be the tower of my vision?..
    And that the gnolls were slaughtered and the survivors just attacked the party. And that the gnoll captive was willing to lead them to the tower.

    Something nagged at him though. The Sethra controlled graevic was lost. So where was Sethra now?.. and how did Sethra attack and controll the pinkskin "Graevic"?

    And then many things began to fall into place. Word that passed among his kin that a party of adventurers had entered the ancient barrows. The imbalance that occurred as the Sethra creature ravaged the lizardkin and set off a possible war. How apt it would be of the GREAT BALANCE to correct the imbalance by sending those who caused it in the first place.

    The lizardman cursed his blindness, in his burning need... his desperation to hunt Sethra, He had not noticed that Graevic and the others had released it. He had not wondered how Graevic came to be 'controlled' in the first place.

    A cold-blooded creature only accustommed to minor stirrings of emotion, Ssathiyaa began to feel rage.

    In draconic, hissing and with a neck rapidly bulging in and out,
    "Pinkskinsss, I sssee now... WHY the sspirits sspoke to me and guided you to thiss druid. I sseek to hunt down the sSethra... to presserve the people and to make right the balance as it wass...Why do you?..your packmate iss rejoined with you..

    ...Tell me... what hapened.. in the ruinss.

    How came you to hunt this sSethra?..

    Before the hut.., when we fought asss one againsst the abomination, what came to pass?

    I MUSssT know"


    He stamps his right foot down at the sound of 'MUSt'.
    He looks around and finally focuses on Fizahn.
    He doesn't repeat the staccato of anger-tinged draconic he spouted in common for the benefit of the others

    OOC: pls don't think me stupid but while my char knew there was a connection between everyone, the sequence of events and Sethra, he's been so hellbent on finding Sethra and figuring out how to find good odds to kill him that he never put 2 and 2 together. Don't worry I don't intend to attack anyone but gimme some allowance. you did come to my 'home' and upset my normal life.. and in a way you're indirectly responsible for the slaughter of the lizardkin and dragging us into the mess. My char has a right to be mad.. I as the player am not of 'cos.
    And as DR says good RPing all around guys and this is definately a whopping campaign
    Ryan Atwood
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  27. - Top - End - #957
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Graevic nods to Elthan, ”While we can trust him, no allow his submissiveness lull us into complacency. We will not slay the helpless, even a disgusting creature like this one, so we must be wary that he does not lead us into a trap. I do not think the gnolls that ran will return, but we must still be vigilant.”

    Turning to Ssathiyaa, Graevic looks saddened. ”We opened the door under which Sethra’s spirit was trapped. We did not know that he had survived this long. As we entered the chamber where Sarloc and his band destroyed Sethra’s physical form, Sethra’s power overwhelmed me and he took control of my body. My friends tried desperately to stop him, but were unprepared for such a battle. Sethra escapade, leaving several of my friends seriously injured. What happened after that is a bit foggy for me. I can see shadowy glimpses, but nothing more. I awoke near the keep that we are now approaching and made my way back to our friend Olden’s house. So, yes, we unknowingly released the evil of Sethra back into the lands. I understand that, while in my body, Sethra may have done wicked things to some of your kin. For that I am sorry, and I will attempt to make amends to you and your kin, however, now is not the time. We must stop Sethra before he harms anyone else. We released him, and we will stop him.”


    Graevic kneels down as Aholoh comes running to him. He runs his hands over the fiesty badger, checking for wounds.

  28. - Top - End - #958
    Orc in the Playground
     
    sacreddeamon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Thokk

    [color=green] "Ok lad, we shall spare your life if you lead us the correct way. Beware, though, for I have single-handidly defeated the one that you fear, and my power is tenfold what he posseses. Stay true to your word, or you shall meet the pointed end of my sword. If you do cooperate, we will send you off, intact, to rejoin and go someplace else. One final word, if I ever find out you attack a dwarven settlement, the Hammer of fijlk'edidm will rain upon you "[/green]

    OOC: Green in Goblin, and Im guessing there is no word for Moradin in Goblin, so I wrote what it would seem like to his doggish ears

  29. - Top - End - #959
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pullman, WA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Taern

    After the first half-hour of the interrogation, Taern begins to lose interest. As the time stretches on for her, she examines her surrounding a little bit more, looking for anything of interest, specifically, traps which could be recovered, prey, interesting plants, caves, secret doors, and that sort of things.

    OOC: Search check +1

    When the interrogation has finished, Taern comes back with any findings, carefully stepping over dead gnoll bodies, and listens quietly to Thokk as he relates what went on.

    "So... Uhh... Where's Sethra now? Has he gone into another gem? Is he posessing one of the ugly dog-men? Is he just crawling around his castle? Is he even -in- the castle?"

    She shrugs.

    "I bet he's using his undead to destroy the countryside. That's what these evil wizard-types do, you know. They opress the countryside, until a band of heroes like ourselves comes to kill them."

    "Anyway, it's getting on towards morning. I say we tie up the smelly brute, and stick it way over there so we don't have to lose sleep over it's stench."

    She looks at the lizardman.

    "Besides, of -course- we released this guy into the world. Otherwise we wouldn't be here. The tale-teller always said..."

    She clears her throat importantly, and speaks in an unnaturally deep voice.

    "He always said 'Taern, if you happen to unleash a horrible evil upon the world, it's your duty to seal it away or kill it.'"

    She trails off, preparing her bedroll again, attempting to catch a few precious hours of slumber before day breaks.

  30. - Top - End - #960
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Graevic

    "I agree with Taern. Set a watch and try to rest for the remainder of the evening. Thokk, since you can see better than most of us, why don't you take the first watch? Keep the gnoll near the person on watch, it will be less likely to call out or attempt to give our position away if there is a naked sword near it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •