Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 961 to 990 of 1091
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Orc in the Playground
     
    sacreddeamon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Thokk

    "Ah, can do, beardless laddie, can do"

  2. - Top - End - #962
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Taern is just as disappointed as Fizahn was to find almost nothing of value on the gnolls. It would appear that when the gnolls left their "home" they did not have much time to grab more than their weapons and armor.

    The remainder of the night passes uneventfully, though after the adrenaline rush of combat everyone sleeps restlessly. The gnoll captive lies passively on the cold, rocky ground, as if unaffected by the chill. Instead of sleeping, the gnoll stares up at the stars, softly chanting to himself.

    When dawn breaks, your party continues to ride towards the Gray Keep with the gnoll (bound and tethered to Thokk's saddle horn) leading the way. It is cold and damp this day, with a light mist that obscures your vision past a few hundred yards. On a positive note, the map, Graevic, and the gnoll all seem to be in agreement as far as the location of the ruined tower is concerned.

    By late afternoon, you are approaching the location of the Gray Keep/gnoll fort. Even through the mist, you can hear the cries of carrion birds.

    You are riding along a narrow trail along the mountainside. To your left, a sheer cliff plunges down into the mist. To your right is the side of the mountain. The air is thin and cold here, but steam rises from your mounts as the incline becomes steeper.

    Finally, the gnoll stops. The trail has become very narrow here, a ledge barely a foot wide. The horses and ponies will not be able to carry you any farther.

    As you dismount, Thokk unties the gnoll from his saddle. The gnoll indicates to Thokk (in goblin) that the ruined tower is just around the next bend ...


  3. - Top - End - #963
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Ssathiyaa:
    Ssathiyaa didn't sleep much in the night, while thokk sat up in watch, he cured his hides and in the morning added whatever pieces he could to his hide armor and covered his body as best as possible to keep warm. Come morning he still hadn't spoken to anyone, he simply picked up and followed the others. Stopping Sethra still was the most important hunt on his mind. As for the others, they would be dealt with later. He snapped out of his reverie as the others dismonted..
    Ryan Atwood
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  4. - Top - End - #964
    Orc in the Playground
     
    sacreddeamon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Thokk

    (In Goblin)
    "Ah, good job. We now give you your life, go as you please, and we shall not pursue. On this I give the oath of Clan Ikens' Glan"

  5. - Top - End - #965
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    The gnoll seems surprised at actually being set free. He nods his head in gratitude, then scampers off ahead of you into the mist.

    The rest of you gather your belongings, check your armor, and ready your weapons, preparing to assault on the Gray Keep on foot.

    Suddenly, Fizahn whispers, "SHHHH!!! I hear something ..."

    As everyone freezes and strains to listen, you hear from the trail behind you the clip-clop of an approaching horse. The mist is too thick to allow you to see who is approaching, but whoever it is, he/she/it is definitely heading your way ...

  6. - Top - End - #966
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Elthan

    *Before Taern has a chance to give away thier position, Elthan quickly wispers*

    "Don't say anything until we know it isn't hostile."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  7. - Top - End - #967
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Ssathiyaa:
    the lizardman nods at elthan and finds a convenient outcropping to hide behind. He crouches to minimise his bulk and hoists a barbed dart.
    Ryan Atwood
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  8. - Top - End - #968
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Graevic

    Scimitar and kukri in hand. Graevic slips across the road from Ssathiyaa, Aholoh close to his side.

    ((OOC: Attempting to hide))

  9. - Top - End - #969
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    The horse stops abruptly. After a moment, there is the sound of someone dismounting.

    Through the fog, you now hear the sounds of an approaching horse as well as a pair of feet crunching on gravel.


  10. - Top - End - #970
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pullman, WA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Taern

    Taern closes her mouth and crouches down when she hears Ethan (Deux). Frowning, she draws Aercalad and tries to quiet Jako, her horse. She holds her spear ready, prepared to throw if anything "hostile" comes around the corner.

  11. - Top - End - #971
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The nordic wastelands

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Out of the mist, you see the head of a horse and the point of a spear, followed shortly by a cloaked man. Once in open sight, the man takes his cloak off of his head. You automatically recognize him as Elthan.

    "I'm glad I found you." Seeing the bewildered look on his friends face: "I had a change of mind. Looking for Sarloc's heir, who we have but clues of his or her wereabouts, if he or she even exists, seemed like a waist of time. Especially since we have much better chances of acomplishing anything by trying to find where Sethra is. Anyway, all that research back at Oden was very enlighting, but hearing about your little encounter reminded me how I love the front row seat of the action. Anyway, you might need my help..." He glances at Elthan II... "Or our help, I should say..." Elthan laughs. "Alright then, we should get going, if we want to catch him before he does anything else.
    Elthan: http://www.planetadnd.com/3eprofiler/view.php?id=3178

  12. - Top - End - #972
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Elthan II

    *Elthan II breathes a sigh of relief.*

    "You gave me a fright there, I had thought you where a hoved fiend of some sort. I'm glad you've decided to come with us, It should make the battles with the real fiends much easier."

    (OOC: Just a suggestion on how to speak to a clone. If its your clone, speak as though your family, If there are 2, treat them like two people with the same name. If you need to address them at the same time, "Original, you do blah, Original 2, you do blah blah". I hope that helps the problem, but roleplay as you wish.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  13. - Top - End - #973
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Ssathiyaa:
    On seeing another magic-user, Ssathiyaa who had a dart hoisted over a shoulder ready to fling, delays bringing his dart down. His face screws up in mild revulsion as the two copies of Elthan stand next to each other.

    OOC: HI!! welcome back griffon
    Ryan Atwood
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  14. - Top - End - #974
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Graevic

    Seeing that the new comer is Elthan, Graevic steps back into the path, smiling broadly. "I am glad it was you! Glad to have you back with us."

  15. - Top - End - #975
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Fizahn:

    "OH, so my plan isn't good enough for the high and mighty Elthan? He has to be back here risking his life with us doesn't he?" Fizahn asks jokingly, before warmly extending his hand. "It's good to have you back Elthan. I think it's about time we don't confront Sethra."

    *Shifting his gaze to the lizardman, he addresses his next sentence to him.* "Hear me out, lizardman, I'm not saying we shouldn't still kill Sethra. I've been thinking about what the gnolls said, and apparently he already has those huge undead abominations, and more zombies from the gnolls he killed. I think we'll have to use guerrilla tactics, and we should be able to pull it off because we know about the gems. A direct confrontation is suicide, and we have to weaken his forces before we fight him. I'm going to have to say absolutely no battle cries, and from this point on we tread as stealthily as we can."
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 04:31 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Belial_the_Leveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Linda is not very surprised to see Elthan rejoining the team-after all, she has come to love the action. Taern's battlecries uttered at the worst possible moment not so much though. :P

    I agree with FIzahn, we need to stay low. Especially until we find how many opponents we're facing. Too bad I'm not so good at stealth.


    OOC: I am on vacations. While I'm trying to keep in touch with you ppl here, I might not be able to post as much. If you see me not posting, please NPC Linda until I return, OK?

  17. - Top - End - #977
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Ssathiyaa:
    Ssathiyaa narrows his eyes and in a low tone says in draconic,
    'warrior..I NEVER intended to fight claw on claw with him unlesss no other path lay open to uss. Your thought was my thought as well. Knowing the words of the gn-ow-ll, it iss a fair plan... for ..a pinkskin.

    He shakes his head but there is no condescension in his body language in contrast to his words.
    'The sstrategy you sspeak of us willl be our undoing if we follow it for too long. our pressence will be known, we lose an advantage and the prey if intelligent may be more dangerous to bring down.
    You also fail to ssee other dangerss than the abomination'

    His brow furrows at the effort of thought,
    'He..left a clear path.. to him. A map. ssSo, I do not believe the abomination we faced wass intended to sstop us... and we do not know where ssSEthra iss'
    He looks at the others and kneels and begins scratching on the dirt.
    ''We should spy out approaches and escape routes and not follow the most obvious path as we are bound to be spotted"
    He glances at the two wizards and Linda but doesn't actually say how they may help.

    He peers at Fizahn intently at the end and without blinking says,.

    'I do not scream battlecries , little pinkskin. That advice may be best directed elsewhere' and awaits his reply
    OOC: I can't wildshape. Toadfish, how abt you? a recce as a innocuous animal is what druids do best..after all
    Ryan Atwood
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  18. - Top - End - #978
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Your numbers have now swelled to eight. You cautiously peer around the next bend and see across a scree plain, a ruined, crumbled tower - presumably the Gray Keep.

    It would appear that the tower had collapsed ages ago. Someone (perhaps the gnolls) appears to have reinforced the remaining base of the tower, creating an easily defensible ring of stone, 10 ft high, open to the sky. The main gate seems to have been battered down. It lies open as if inviting you to enter.

    All is silent except for the flapping and screeching of the buzzards feeding off of the corpses of a dozen gnolls, lying scattered on the field.

    Presumably, the other gnolls lie dead within the ring of stone. There is no sign of any zombie lizardmen. From a distance, there does not appear to be anyone guarding the Gray Keep.

  19. - Top - End - #979
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pullman, WA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    "But... how did you get here ahead of us?"

  20. - Top - End - #980
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Fizahn:

    "Lizard, I dislike battle cries myself, I may use them on occasion, but that doesn't mean I like them. The restriction on battle cries was never meant for you. I know who is likely to give us away with an inconveniently timed battle cry." Fizahn announces to the lizard, indicating Thokk and Taern.

    Fizahn fixes Taern with an annoyed glare. "Are you daft? We were here before him, so he got here a little after us, and it would have taken him longer if we hadn't waited for him. He didn't spend valuable sleep time fighting a contingent of gnolls that could easily have been avoided either, and our path would have been easy enough to follow. While the gnoll was leading us, it was on foot, so we couldn't use the speed of our mounts, and his horse can travel faster than our group with my pony in it!" Fizahn gives a small bow, and changes from the exasperated tone to a mocking one. "I hope it all makes sense to you now madame."
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 04:42 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  21. - Top - End - #981
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Elthan II

    *While Fizahn and the lizardman discuss the unimportance of battle cries, Eltahn loads his crossbow and keeps it in hand.*

    "Well, now that we're here, I dont think we will have the element of suprise neccisarry for a stealthy attack. He did lead us here, after all. But it would still be prudent to keep from anounceing ourselves at every turn. As for an escape route, there is probally only one, the front door."

    "I would like to suggest an order that we could procede in that would be best if we wish to invoke stealth in our attack as we walk through the corridors of this old castle. Fizahn and Greavic should take the point, as they are the most adept at aproaching other unawares. Lizarrr, err, Lizardman, Taern, you two should go next a fair distant behind. Thokk, your armor is quite noisy and would be best served gaurding the rear, preserving our silence, and preventing an unexpected attack. Linda, I and Elthan shall follow in front of Thokk and behind Taern and.....
    You know what Lizardman, I dont believe you ever announced your name to us. I would much prefer to call you by your name than refering to you as an 'it'."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  22. - Top - End - #982
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Graevic

    ”Elthan the second, I do not necessarily believe we’ve lost ability to use stealth. The gnolls appeared to be leaving the keep, not heading into it, so whose to say that they are missed. I believe we should maintain out stealthy approach until we’ve proven that our presence is known. Perhaps..” Graevic points at the lizardman ”..or I can scout the keep some. Aholoh might be a better choice, since he is more innocuous that we. As for your proposed formation, I agree.”

    ((Runehawk, Graevic is actually a ranger, not a druid. I could send Aholoh in to recce if necessary))

  23. - Top - End - #983
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    The Gray Keep (or what is left of it) lies in the middle of a flat gravel plain. There is no cover in a 200 yard radius around the circular stone wall that is all that is left of Sethra's old stronghold. The gravel will make it difficult to approach the Keep silently, but on the other hand, there really doesn't seem to be anyone around keeping watch.

    The flat plain is surrounded by large rocks. Your party is huddled behind one of them. A number of paths apparently lead toward the Gray Keep, but the gnoll (who presumably fled down one of those other paths) led you to a position relatively close to the main gate, which remains wide open, its doors having been battered down (presumably by Sethra's zombies).

    Mist drifts across the field as the buzzards continue to feast of the bodies of the dozen dead gnolls.

    You continue to debate your next course of action in whispers, though it is not clear that there is anyone or anything left alive out there to hear your words ...

  24. - Top - End - #984
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pullman, WA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Taern

    Taern blushes furiously at Fizhan's owrds, then remains silent for the remainder of the discussion on the plan of action.

  25. - Top - End - #985
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Graevic

    "Given the bleak terrain, I don't think we would be able to easily sneak up to the gates. We could send Aholoh to see, but Sethra may, if he's even in there, recognize Aholoh from what he saw in my mind and know we are here. Anyone have any ideas? I am not too keen on just walking up to the gates, but that may be our only option."

  26. - Top - End - #986
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The nordic wastelands

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Elthan:

    "Hmmm.... It's true that a stealthy aproach does not seem possible in these conditions. But what other option do we have? You want to siege, in his own fort, an evil and powerful necromancer who's been deprived from unleashing chaos for many hundred years? I think that, even if he isn't back to his former power, he can take care of us without a sweat. He surly got an assortement of trinkets at his side, waiting for an excuse to use them. Charging in might be better, he won't have time to prepare, but we can't win against him that way either. We were lucky last time, he didn't expect it, but if we fight him head to head again, it's likely to be the last thing we do."

    "Never the less, we can't back down from this. I still think we should try for a stealthy aproach. We might not be at our advantage here, but he can't be looking down every window all the time. He's more likely to be occupied by something else, like preparing to search for Sarloc's Heir. We still might be able to sneak in and catch him off-guard. Anyway, whatever you choose, I'm still in."
    Elthan: http://www.planetadnd.com/3eprofiler/view.php?id=3178

  27. - Top - End - #987
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Fizahn:

    Fizahn warily surveys the surroundings, especially lingering on the gnoll corpses before offering a suggestion, "Those gnoll corpses are really unnerving. I think one of you magic users should check for signs of necromancy. If you can't check from here, I could try shooting one..."

    *Fizahn starts loading his crossbow while waiting for a reply.*
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 04:45 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  28. - Top - End - #988
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Linda peers around the rock, scanning the area carefully. She detects no magical auras from the dead gnolls. They appear to be "conventionally" dead. There is still no sign of activity from the Keep.

    As you wait and watch, the temperature begins to drop. The lizardman barely suppresses a shiver. The mist thickens into a fog until you can barely make out the outline of the Gray Keep. A light drizzle begins to fall.

    The sky begins to darken, reminding you that the sun will set in just a matter of a couple of hours ...

  29. - Top - End - #989
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Ssathiyaa

    Ssathiyaa had been rubbing his chin in hand while looking at Aholoh, when Elthan II spoke to him. He turned away from an Aholoh who was looking at him distrustfully to look at Elthan II before glancing away and keeping his gaze from him. His unease over the clone was so clear it couldn't be masked.
    In draconic,
    'A name iss part of one'ss being among the people. It would be sshameful for a lizardkin to walk alongsside pinksskinss as equalss but to give one'sss name would be to embrace you.. a pinksskin.. and .. copy of a magic-usser as ...'


    His face srews up at the mention of the word magic user. His head flinches to one side, his eyes closed in shame before he can control himself. He quickly recovers and looks at Elthan II full in the face. The hissing and tone betraying his controlled anger.
    ' Call me lizard. Call me what you wish. It matters to me not'. He barely suppresses a shiver at the growing cold and clenches his clawed fists and snarls softly at his show of weakness.

    He pushes past the magic user but pauses as he is about to pass Fizahn, Thokk and Taern. Looking thoughtful, he mentions in a low voice ,"Dru-id, my kin called me, in honor" and stalks off to do a perimeter check.

    He beckons Graevic over and alone to him says,"Your creature, ground-diggerr iss. More than one,do beastss build, wayss into..lairs. Seek the lay, below ground, your badger can.sSeek My beast-mate I go to now "
    Ssathiyaa hoped that his common was clear to Graevic. While his time spent with the party taught him more about common and the warmblooded pinkskins, it remained difficult to think in pinkskin speech and speak it.

    OOC: Hey graevic, just think that instead of risking Aholoh scouting on the surface he could scout the surroundings underground.I'm willing to expend spells to call more digging beasts or flying beast if i can to help but my empathy will be poor so you might have to charm them or handle them.
    King_of_Griffon. hey sorryabout the way my char chewed your head off. lizardfolk hate magic kinda like dwarfs. except the latter don't kill and eat you on sight. Besides he still hasn't bonded with the party yet. you're still somewhere between animals and lizardkin to him.. but he knows you're all dangerous.Don't worry..maybe if you save his life or something he'll be warmer but you're not just a wizard.. but a magical copy of one and i'm a druid. My char probably thinks your char's almost an abomination to nature.. ;D.. or something along those lines..crap..we have 3 wizards?.. so 3 level 3 fireballs are 15d6?... :o..we might have to scrape sethra of the flagstones once we're done with him.

    Incidentally, Sethra caries a powerful magic item a fire opal i think. you could detect him by detecting it. Of coure being an experienced magic user. He'd detect the detect magic spell and respond..so it's tricky but it's one way to track him.. and destroying the artifact would be key to making the odds favourable so a knowled
    Ryan Atwood
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Belial_the_Leveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    I don't like this place. Call me a coward but I don't think we should stay in the open. Graevic, was it a night that Sethra attacked the keep? I'm curious. You see, we only met Sethra's undead lackeys during the night so...


    OOC: I'm afraid not. 3 lvl 6 fireballs (we've got sorcerers, not wizards) are 3x 6d6. Each fireball is an average of 18 damage. A resist elements at high enough caster level offers fire resistance 20. That's 20 points off each attack according to the upgraded rules of the MM.
    As for the Opal, if it is a greater artifact, even Mystra can't destroy it without a Disjunction or by fulfilling a special condition.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •