New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1091
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

Elthan II

*Elthan frown*
    "Well, thats not quite what I expected. I was kind of hoping for some sort of swing pendgulem trap at the least, or something that explains why our zombie friend wasn't quite himself... Mybye the trap is within the portal itself, allowing only those with certain view points, mindsets, or other intangelbles that define one person from another to enter, otherwise severing the torsos of those that try to go through it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Well, if there seems to be no trapps, Ill test it out!"

*Thokk rushes out, shield and sword raised, and stops right before the portal*

3. - Top - End - #1023

Thokk has barely taken more than two steps into the room, when the runes covering the walls of the cave glow as if red-hot.

There is a blinding flash of light and, in an eyeblink, a massive spider-like creature appears in the center of the chamber. Its chitinous body is highly polished, like obsidian. Its eight segmented legs, covered in spines, span nearly 15 feet.

Its ten glowing, ruby red eyes regard Thokk without emotion.

Thokk's pupils dilate as he looks up at the creature. His pulse quickens as he recognizes the creature from his studies in Oden Homm's library - bebilith ... DEMON!

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Troll in the Playground

Linda lets go a gasp of fear when she sees the thing.
    Thokk, fall back at once! We must leave...

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Halfling in the Playground

Graevic

"Thokk! Wait!"

As the demon-spider appears, Graevic slips through the crack, scimitar and kukri in hand.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardkin, Druid
    The lizardkin had been standing over the remains of the half-zombie, peering at it and apparently lost in thought. His meditation was interrupted with the summoning of the bebilith. His neck snaps to see Thokk standing before a giant spider-like creature. The Balance around him warped with its arrival and the lizardkin fought back a rush of nausea as a single thought flashed in its mind..

This THING does NOT belong here..

The lizardkin sprang into action even as the pinkskin ranger (Graevic) rushed to the hairy one(Thokk)'s aid. His mind assessing the creature and its environments for a weakness and a way to bring it down.

The creature had to be banished or destroyed immediately. No one was going to fall to it. Not even the hairy pinkskin warrior. He looks to and moves in concert with Taern and approaches from the other side.

OOC: sorry assuming taern is reacting ..soon and well if he comes in from the right then i come in from the other wing. I'll throw both darts and formulate a plan.If thokk isn't right in the middle and if i won't entanglle anyone other than the bebilith. i'd cast entangle first.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

7. - Top - End - #1027

Fizahn:

"Thokk, you fool..."

*Fizahn loads his crossbow, and releases a quick shot at the demon.*
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 05:02 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing that her friends attack the demon and don't want to leave, Linda swallows hard and conjures twin bolts of force and hurls them at the spider-demon, hoping the infamous resistance to magic demons have won't stop her attack.

OOC: SR check: 14+4=18. Damage: 3+4

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

9. - Top - End - #1029

Elthan II

*Elthan backs off and chants, his eyes turning gray.*

(OOC: casting blindness)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!

10. - Top - End - #1030

Elthan:

Elthan loads his crossbow and attempts to shoot the creature.
    Elthan: http://www.planetadnd.com/3eprofiler/view.php?id=3178

11. - Top - End - #1031

When she saw Thokk recklessly stomp into the chamber, Linda knew something bad was going to happen. Not the least bit surprised when the bebilith materializes, she immediately blasts it with a pair of magic missiles, which pierce the demon's armor with an audible sizzle. The beast hardly reacts, making no sound at all.

When Thokk sees the demon, he charges straight for it roaring, "FOR MY FAMILY AND CLAN!" A claw rakes his body as he closes in, but he ignores it and slashes the bebilith's body viciously with his bastard sword. The mighty blow bounces off of the demon's shiny black carapace with a loud clang! leaving no mark, not even a scratch.

Taern also charges, a war cry on her lips. She dodges between two of the bebilith's spiny legs and thrusts for a joint between body segments, but her spear is deflected by a third leg.

Graevic and the lizardman circle around to opposite sides of the demon in a coordinated flanking maneuver, while Elthan I and Fizahn fire crossbows at the bebilith. Fizahn's bolt flies true, but like Thokk's attack, the missile glances harmlessly off of the demon's armored shell.

Elthan II begins chanting, calling on dark energies to cloud the demon's vision. The bebilith's glowing red eyes dim slightly, but it shakes its head, resisting the necromancy, and the eyes immediately burn brightly again.

The bebilith's jaws clamp down on Thokk as its claws tear at his armor. Whole sections of Thokk's plate armor are ripped from his body as if the forged steel were mere tissue paper. With a toss of its head, the bebilith tosses Thokk's bloody body off to the side. He lands heavily, like a sodden rag doll.

Each of you "hears" an alien voice inside your heads ... none.but.sethra.may.enter. none.but.sethra.may.enter. none.but.sethra.may.enter.

OOC: Combat summary ...

Initiative

Linda: 24 (20 + 4)
    Thokk: 21 (15 + 6)
    Graevic: 20 (18 + 2)
    lizardman: 19 (18 + 1)
    Taern: 18 (17 + 1)
    Elthan I: 18 (17 + 1)
    Fizahn: 15 (12 + 3)
    Elthan II: 7 (7 + 0)
    bebilith: 6 (1 + 5)

Round 1

Linda cries out, but then steps through the crevice and casts magic missile for 8 (3 + 5) damage.

Thokk charges. The bebilith gets an AOO, hitting with a 22 (8 + 14) for 7 (1 + 2 + 4) damage. Thokk hits with a 23 (12 + 11) for 0 (2 + 6 - 10) damage.

Graevic enters the cave and moves laterally along the wall attempting to flank to the right. The lizardman does the same thing toward the left.

Taern rages and charges the bebilith. She misses with a 14 (3 + 11).

Elthan I misses with a 5 (2 + 3). Fizahn hits with a 24 (18 + 6) for 0 (6 - 10) damage.

Elthan II casts blindness. The bebilith saves with a 19 (3 + 16).

The bebilith attacks Thokk hitting three times with a 27 (8 + 19), 28 (14 + 14), and 25 (11 + 14) for 12 (1 + 2 + 9), 11 (4 + 3 + 4), and 9 (4 + 1 + 4). The bebilith rends Thokk's armor for 20 (12 + 18 - 10) points of damage.

Current HP

Thokk: 4 (43 - 39)
    Thokk's armor: 20 (40 - 20)

The bebilith has taken 8 points of damage.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Troll in the Playground

Linda's face is full of worry when Thokk is beaten so badly. She shouts at everyone from just outside the portal room:
    Retreat damnit! This is not a fight we can win!
    However, she still supports her friends with her magic, sending a ray of scorching heat at the demonic spider, hoping that her magic will pass through the demon's resistance again.

OOC: SR check 11. I'm doing the checks but Bebiliths don't have SR. Linda doesn't know that though-she thinks it's like all demons. Scorching Ray. Who's doing the rolls for damage and hits BTW?

13. - Top - End - #1033

Linda aims a scorching ray at the bebilith, hitting it squarely with a gout of flame. The spell seems to have little effect on the demon.

Thokk moans as he regains consciousness. He gropes for a healing potion and downs it in one gulp. He rises slowly, with his armor hanging in shreds around him. "May the gods be with us!" he gasps ...

OOC: Linda's ranged touch attack hits with a 20 (18 + 2) for 15 damage (4 + 4 + 6 + 1). Thokk consumes a potion of CSW, regaining 19 hp.

14. - Top - End - #1034

Elthan II

"No! Don't retreat, go through the portal! We must catch Sethra!"

*Eltahn then manuevers into the portal room trying to get as close as possible to the portal and stay out of range of the bebliths blows, but waiting for the others. In the meantime, he shoots his crossbow.*

Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

15. - Top - End - #1035

[b]Lizardkin Druid{/b]
    the lizardkin snarls as he moves into position hefting his dart. He continues to study the bebilith for weak spots.

OOC: If he observes that the others attack are not having effect, (Spot check?) He will not use non-magical weapons and will magic claw and attack. Just a thought guys, /is there anyone who could study the runes which glowed to bring the demon here and find someway to disrupt it? also am wondering if the thing is an advanced illusion of sorts? oh well fight on gang.We probably should range attack it. shall i entangle and then let anyone with magical ranged attacks to do the honours
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Lumpy
    "I'd rather walk."

16. - Top - End - #1036

Fizahn:

"Stupid crossbow!"

*Fizahn drops his crossbow, and draws his dagger, heading into the melee.*
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 05:04 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

17. - Top - End - #1037

Taern thrusts again and again, but the canny bebilith avoids or deflects each attack.

Fizahn throws aside his crossbow and nimbly zigzags into melee, his "shortsword" drawn. Fizahn grimaces and twists as a spiny claw rakes his upper arm. Fizahn thrusts upward into the leg, but the point of his blade is turned by the demon's hard, shiny carapace.

Elthan II fires his crossbow as he circles around toward the portal, but the bolt simply bounces off of the demon's body.

The lizardman circles as well, noting that mundane weapons seems to be of little or no use against the demon's shell ...

Taern misses with a 21 (12 + 9).

Fizahn moves into melee, triggering an AOO. The bebilith hits with a 19 (5 + 14) for 11 (7 + 4) damage. Fizahn hits with a natural 20 but fails crit with a 14 (7 + 7) for 0 (7 + 2 - 10) damage.

Elthan II misses with an 11 (9 + 2).

Current HP

Thokk: 23 (4 + 19)
    Fizahn: 18 (29 - 11)

The bebilith has taken 23 points of damage. Waiting on Elthan, the lizardman, and Graevic ...

18. - Top - End - #1038

Elthan reloads his crossbow and fires again, missing narrowly.

In one smooth motion, Graevic unslings his longbow, nocks an arrow, draws back, and releases. His arrow flies straight at the demon's heart - a perfect shot. Graevic watches in disbelief as the arrow shatters on impact, leaving not a mark.

The lizardman chants as his imbues his claws with mystical power ...

The beblilith's thoughts change timbre. flesh.pests.must.die.flesh.pests.must.die. ...

The bebilith's glowing eyes lock on the only one of you who has proven herself a threat. Thick gooey strands spray from the bebilith's abdomen, entangling Linda and sealing the crevice. She is trapped, like a fly in a spider's web. She knows enough about bebiliths to know what is probably going to happen next ...

OOC: Combat summary, end of Round 2 ...

Graevic hits with a natural 20 but fails to crit with a 17 (9 + 8) causing 0 (7 - 10) damage. Elthan misses with a 14 (12 + 2). The lizardman casts magic fang.

The bebilith attacks Linda with a web, hitting with a 23 (16 + 7), entangling her.

19. - Top - End - #1039

Elthan:

Damn this usless weapon!

Elthan tosses his crossbow at his feet and extends his right arm in front of him, his index pointing towards the creature. He chants arcane syllables while staring at the demon.

OCC: Good old reliable magic missle.

20. - Top - End - #1040

Elthan II

Damn this useless weapon!
    Elthan hocks his crossbow into the portal, and then begins to chant, his eyes glowing red.

(OOC: now casting, Ray of Enfebblement.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

21. - Top - End - #1041

Fizahn:

Damn this useless weapon!

Unfortunately, I don't have anything else to fight with, so...

"Die you foul, ugly, useless, spider-demon-or-devil-or-just-amazingly-big-evil-spider thing that you are!"

OOC: Woo, I get to attack with my uselessness, but if I'm not flanking it, I want to take a five-foot step to get closer to a flanking position, hopefully with Taern.
    Not that I don't like it, but how did I roll a 7 for damage on a d4?
    (7 + 2 - 10)
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 05:05 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

22. - Top - End - #1042

Lizardkin Druid

Positioning himself behind the bebilith and working in concert with graevic, the lizardkin is dismayed to note that the chitin on the torso of the monstrosity is thick and seemingly invulnerable. He grimly accepts that the battle will be long and hard and holding his shield before him, awaits the beb to move to its chosen quarry before darting forward and sliciing his claw into the weakest area in the leg joint he can see..

OOC:
    flanking + magic claw increases attack bonus by +3 and damage by +1.
    He will systemically hack at the hind legs and cripple it. Hopefully, Graevic will catch onto what he's doing and if the beb turns to face me, homes in on the same leg and between us knock out a few legs . I actively stay away from the front with the poison maw and claws and will go defensive and retreat if it turns and comes after me.

that's the plan. It's dice rolls from here on in for me. thanks DR.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Spoiler
    Show

Lumpy
    "I'd rather walk."

23. - Top - End - #1043

Graevic

A nearly-feral growl slips from Graevic's mouth as his strikes prove ineffective against the creature. Gripping his scimitar and kukri tighter, he wades in again, blades flashing.

((If the demon turns, Graevic will attack the same leg as the lizardman))

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Troll in the Playground

Entangled in the Bebilith's net, Linda tries to move her hands and cast a spell. At the same time, she remembers something crucial...
    Use the oil master Oden gaves us on your weapons!
    she cries from within the net and, almost as an afterthought,:
    And please cut this damn net so we can flee-I wouldn't want to be the spider's meal...

OOC: Even if I do roll 10 or more in the concentration check, I must do maximum damage with both magic missiles to destroy the net. ::) Linda is close to dying :-[ But then we all are :P Here's hoping the door is too small for the gargantuan Bebilith to pass.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ach, lassie, I'll cut you down!"

26. - Top - End - #1046

The bebilith's eyes are locked on Linda as she wriggles helplessly in its web. It begins to move toward her, mandibles clicking in eager anticipation ...

Graevic, the lizardman, and Fizahn chop, slash, and stab desperately at the bebilith's rear legs. Their weapons (even the lizardman's magically enhanced claws) rebound off of the demon's black shell without causing any damage. "Turn damn you!" cries Fizahn ...

The Elthans (as if of one mind) switch to arcane attacks. A pair of magic missiles and a ray of enfeeblement strike the bebilith, which shudders for a moment but continues its deadly advance toward Linda.

Thokk staggers over to the crevice and slashes at the sticky webbing. It takes only a few seconds to get Linda free, but is it too late? Thokk and Linda look up just in time to see the massive bebilith close in, it's sharp mandibles open wide ...

"Get away from her you bitch!" screams Taern as she plunges Aercalad deep into the bebilith's thorax. The short spear penetrates the bebilith's chitin almost effortlessly with a flash of pure white light.

The bebilith arches its back in agony, staggering backward on its four rear legs, almost stepping on Fizahn. Forgetting Linda for the moment, the bebilith turns and bites at Taern, neatly amputating her right arm below the elbow, as two pairs of claws indiscriminately rend her leather armor and flesh into bloody ribbons. The bebilith tosses aside Taern's body. She lands face up, disfigured almost beyond recognition, her eyes open, staring sightlessly at the ceiling of the cavern.

Aercalad clatters to the ground and its holy aura fades ...

Round 3

Thokk cuts down the web (damage 14) and Linda wriggles free. Graevic, the lizardman, and Fizahn attack but miss (vs AC 22) despite flanking.

Taern hits with a 24 (15 + 9) for 19 (14 + 5) damage.

Elthan's magic missiles hit for 9 (4 + 5) damage. Elthan II's ray causes 7 points of STR damage.

Current HP

Thokk: 23
    Fizahn: 18
    Taern: - 4 (33 - 15 bite - 11 claw - 11 claw), dying

The bebilith has taken 51 points of damage (23 + 19 + 9).

27. - Top - End - #1047

Fizahn:

It might get me killed, but I have to risk it, I hope she's right about this...

*Fizahn quickly reaches into his pack and withdraws the oil, hastily applying it to his weapon.*

OOC: yeah, oil, he gets an AoO when I get it out and one when I apply it, right? So, here's to hoping he doesn't have combat reflexes.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

28. - Top - End - #1048

Elthan:

"Taern!!!"

I have to help her!

Elthan stops concentrating on the demon and starts running towards taern.

OOC: Will try to administer CLW, if not wacked by spidy.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*Standing over Taern in a very certain movie-ish pose...*

'YOU SHALL NOT PASS'

30. - Top - End - #1050

Linda, Thokk, and Elthan immediately converge on Taern. Elthan attempts to stabilize Taern's condition while Thokk stands protectively over her body, sword and shield raised in challenge.

Seeing Fizahn reaching for Oden Homm's oil, Graevic attempts to draw away the bebilith. "Hey, you big ugly abomination! Over here!" The bebilith lashes out with a spiny claw, raking Graevic across the body. Graevic is spun completely around, barely retaining a grip on his weapons. Blood seeps from his under his armor - several ribs have been broken.

With the demon distracted, Fizahn is able to retrieve and apply Oden's magic oil to his dagger. He tosses a second vial to Thokk.

Linda, Thokk, and Elthan move to Taern's position. Elthan casts CLW uses a CLW potion for 7 points.

Graevic triggers an AOO on purpose to protect Fizahn. The bebilith hits with a claw for 20 points of damage.

Fizahn retrieves and applies the oil(bless weapon). Fizahn tosses a second vial to Thokk.

Linda, Thokk, Graevic, the lizardman, and Elthan II still have an action this round.

Current HP

Graevic: 3 (23 - 20)
    Thokk: 23
    Fizahn: 18
    Taern: 3 (- 4 + 7)