New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1091
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

Elthan II

*As soon as Elthan spell ends he begins to cast once again as though he didnt stop.*

(OOC: Ray of Enfebblement again. I think 2 or 3 more and it shouldnt be able to move.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardkin Druid

Seeing the nature-attuned pinkskin fly and fall filled Ssathiyaa with... momentary pain. He noted in a disattached manner as he hacked a leg to no avail, that he shouldn't actually care about pinkskins. even ones similar to lizardfolk

And glancing at the party rally to the loud pinkskin on the other side, Ssathiyaa knew that drastic measures had to be undertaken. He thrust down his shield and bunched his legs with claws spread out and prepared to jump..

Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

3. - Top - End - #1053

Elthan II keeps the ray of enfeeblement trained on the bebilith, draining more and more of the demon's strength. Its legs begin to tremble slightly.

The lizardman dodges between the bebilith's legs and makes a flying leap onto its back. His claws scrabble for purchase on the demon's chitinous back but find no purchase. The lizardman slips off of the bebilith's back, but manages to roll to his feet.

OOC: Combat continues ...

Elthan II hits with a 13 and drains 8 more points of STR from the bebilith (cumulative STR drain: 15 points).

Bebilith's AOO on the lizardman misses with a 11 (5 + 6).

Lizardman rolls a 9 (2 + 7) on his Jump check and a 13 (7 + 6) on his Balance check, failing to land cleanly on the bebilith's back.

Awaiting actions for Linda, Thokk, and Graevic ...

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing that Taern is still heavily injured, Linda decides to cast a healing spell to aid her rejoin the combat. Hopefully, with her spear Taern could harm the demon and help in its defeat more than she could help with her magics. After healing Taern, Linda stands back and away from the meele.

OOC: CLW on Taern.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Halfling in the Playground

Graevic

Groaning, Graevic weakly steps back from the demon. He sheaths his blades and quickly tries to stem the flow of blood coming from his damaged abdomen. Desperation shows briefly on his face but is quickly replaced by concentration as he tends to his wounds, using his torn shirt as a makeshift bandage.

((Heal check to keep from bleeding to death, if it’s appropriate. I can’t do much else. If I get whacked again I’ll be a corpse.))

6. - Top - End - #1056

Linda adds her energies to Elthan's as they try to keep Taern alive. Their combined sorcery manages to stem the arterial bleeding from the stump of Taern's forearm.

Graevic falls back, critically injured as well. He finds himself standing close to the portal. Looking into the magic opening he sees a scene of a young girl with long straight hair. She is walking down a dark tunnel. She looks scared ...

Thokk grabs the vial of magic oil out of the air and liberally applies it to his longsword. It's clobberin' time, he thinks to himself ...

The bebilith turns in a circle, identifying Elthan II as the source of the denervating ray. Its abdomen convulses and another web sprays out, entangling Elthan II and smothering the ray of enfeeblement.

OOC: Ready to begin round 5 ...

Current HP

Graevic: 3
    Thokk: 23
    Fizahn: 18
    Taern: 11 (3 + 8)

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Troll in the Playground

Shield Elthan!
    Shouts Linda, knowing that she is too physically weak to do so herself. She instead tries to bring the beast down as fast as possible by conjuring another ray of red-hot flame then moves as far away as possible lest the demon hunts her down again.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

8. - Top - End - #1058

Elthan II

*Elthan II attempts to struggle from the web, fearing that he may become the demons next target. He fears for his life and tries to struggle towards the portal, hoping that it will carry him far away from danger. He tries casting one more time before touching it, hoping that the webs dont prove too much of a distraction.*

(OOC: After seeing what happened to Taern, he is pretty darn scared. You just saw your companion webed and then clawed to near death, and now you've just been webed. I wouldnt be too optimistic.

Anyway, Moving and casting another Ray of Enfebblement.

EDIT: Im still in the space next to it, I can try to reach across.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: A bebilith's web is anchored so you can't move-not even half your speed.

10. - Top - End - #1060

Fizahn:

Now it's time to test Linda's theory.

*Fizahn thinks a short prayer before stabbing at the belbith with his "short sword."*

OOC: Attack it... If Fizahn's not already flanking, he'd like to take a 5-foot step to get closer to flanking...
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 05:07 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

11. - Top - End - #1061

Linda scorches the bebilith once more, then ducks and runs back toward the entrance to the chamber.

Thokk charges forward at the demon once again, this time however his sword glistens with Oden's holy oil. "FOR TAERN!!!" With a mightly swing, Thokk cleaves deeply into one of the demon's legs, and greenish-black ichor sprays from the wound.

Hearing her name, Taern opens her eyes. Her battle rage has faded, and she feels lightheaded from bloodloss. She looks down at the stump where her right hand used to be, then looks over to where Aercalad lies, beneath the bebilith. She attempts to rise, but is too weak. She closes her eyes again.

Fizahn, sidesteps into an advantageous position, takes a deep breath, then plunges his weapon into the belly of the beast. To his (and everyone's) surprise the small dagger pierces deeply into the demon's belly. As Fizahn rips his blade out, more bebilith blood spills onto the floor.

Elthan II tries to recreate his ray of enfeeblement but the sticky strands prevent him from doing so. He wiggles helplessly in the bebilith's web.

Beset from all sides (and from below), the bebilith trembles and fumbles slightly for its footing ...

OOC: Combat summary ...

Linda's scorching ray hits with a 13 for 18 points of damage.
    Thokk charges and hits with a 22 (11 + 11) for 10 points of damage.
    Fizahn hits with a 19, automatic critical, for 10 points of damage.
    Elthan II fails his concentration check with a 9 and remains entangled.

Current HP

Thokk: 23
    Fizahn: 18
    Taern: 7 (11 - 4)

The bebilith has taken 89 (51 + 38) points of damage. Awaiting actions from Elthan, Graevic, and the lizardman ...

12. - Top - End - #1062

Lizardkin Druid

Seeing Fizahn and Thokk effectively damage the supernatural monstrosity, allows Ssathiya to fall back, snarling in dismay. Realising that he was next to useless, he sprints to Elthan II , the only other party member who had been damaging the spider-beast from the start.

OOC: help break through the webbing . and then guard him and/or Taern if the beb coms for them.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Lumpy
    "I'd rather walk."

13. - Top - End - #1063

While the bebilith is distracted by Thokk and Fizahn, the lizardman skitters over toward Elthan II. His magically enhanced claws shred the webbing quickly, freeing Elthan's clone.

Graevic meanwhile, crouches next to the portal clutching his ribs. I need help ... he thinks grimly to himself.

OOC: Awaiting Elthan's action ...

14. - Top - End - #1064

Elthan

Seeing that Taern is fine, Elthan tries to run towards the Bebilith, trying to attract it's attention.

OOC: In an attempt to protect his clone, Ethan will try to change the demon's target's to him by being in the Bebilith's range of sight and attracting his attention...by shooting a magic missle at it.

I'm sorry for the lateness, I'm starting university and I've been quite occupied lately. So if I'm the last one to post my action, don't wait for me and play my character. I'll try to check on the game more often so you don't have to do this though.

Also, my char gave Taern a CLW potion, he can't cast it.
    Elthan: http://www.planetadnd.com/3eprofiler/view.php?id=3178

15. - Top - End - #1065

Elthan II

*As Elthan tries to distract the beast, Elthan II moves as close behind the lizard as possible.*
    "Thanks for the assistance."
    *Elthan II waste no time and begins his chant again.*

(OOC: I think either this or the next and we should be able to start stuffing it with candy and hanging it from the ceiling.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE"

17. - Top - End - #1067

Fizahn:

*Fizahn cautiously edges around the demon, looking for an opening to plunge his "short sword" into.*

OOC: If I haven't already obtained flanking, you know the drill... I should really get tumble... Just attack it, nothing special...
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 05:09 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

18. - Top - End - #1068

Elthan zaps the bebilith with more magic missiles while Fizahn and Thokk continue to take on the demon in hand-to-hand (hand-to-claw?) combat by themselves.

Fizahn dodges in and out of the bebilith's legs. One claw finally catches the gnome, but the attack is surprisingly weak, leaving only a small laceration across Fizahn's forearm.

Thokk is less fortunate. With lightning speed, the bebilith twists its head and snaps its jaws, catching the dwarf around the waist. Thokk grimaces as the demon's fangs sink into flesh, but he can sense the weakness in the demon's bite. It'll take more than that to stop one of the Mithral Guard! Within a few seconds, however, his bravado fades; Thokk begins to feel woozy - ach! poison!

As consciousness begins to slip away, Thokk reverses his grip and plunges his sword deep into the bebilith's head, straight through several of the demon's eyes. The bebilith shakes its head in agony, releasing Thokk, who staggers backwards barely maintaining a hold on consciousness ...

Elthan II tries to bring another ray of enfeeblement to bear on the demon, but it is moving too erratically to get a fix on.

Fizahn continues to bob, duck, and weave, looking for a weak point to thrust with his shortsword.

OOC: Combat summary ...

Elthan magic missiles the demon for 7 (5 + 2) points.

The weakened bebilith hits Thokk with a critical bite (20/20) but only causes 14 (5 + 1 + 7 + 1) points of damage. Thokk fails his Fort save and takes 5 points of CON damage from the bebilith's poison.

The bebilith attacks Fizahn with two claws, hitting only once for a mere 3 (7 - 4) points of damage.

Thokk criticals the bebilith (19/19) for a whopping 34 points of damage!

Elthan II misses his ranged touch attack with a 5 (3 + 2). Fizahn misses with a natural 3.

Current HP

Thokk: 1 (23 - 14 - 8), poisoned
    Fizahn: 15 (18 - 3)
    Taern: 7

The bebilith has taken 130 (89 + 41) points of damage and 15 points of STR damage. It is severely weakened ...

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ah, the Guard will stand strong!"

OOC: Ooo, it 'only' delt 14 damage to me! 14 damage is enough to KO the other people... Also, did you remember to factor in Thokks +2 save against poison? Just wondering...

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Troll in the Playground

Wishing to see the demon dead as soon as possible, Linda resolves to using her magic missiles, having run out of her more powerful scorching rays.

21. - Top - End - #1071

Fizahn:

Fizahn too wishes to see the demon crumble and he darts in with his "short sword", trying to kill the demon.

OOC: Just attack. Here's to hoping for a crit! :D
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 05:12 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

22. - Top - End - #1072

Crouching near the entrance to the cave, Linda blasts the bebilith with more magic missiles. Meanwhile, Fizahn scrambles underneath the demon thrusting his blade into its thorax.

The bebilith staggers and seems to be having trouble keeping its footing.

OOC: Linda hits for 9 (5 + 4) points of damage. Fizahn hits with a 23 (16 + 7) for 4 points of damage. The bebilith has taken 143 (130 + 13) points of damage ...

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

'YOU WILL FALL, FOUL ONE"

24. - Top - End - #1074

Elthan:

"Dont slack now team, the demons is weakening!!!"

After saying that, Elthan starts to chants another magic missle.

OOC: I'm sorry I'm not very original in my spell casting, but it's either that or ray of frost.
    Elthan: http://www.planetadnd.com/3eprofiler/view.php?id=3178

25. - Top - End - #1075

Elthan II

*Elthan continues draining the Bebliths strenght*

(OOC: This should be the last one I think.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

26. - Top - End - #1076

Another pair of magic missiles strikes the bebilith square in the thorax. The demon takes a step, pauses ... then collapses, narrowly missing Fizahn. The bebilith's legs twitch spasmodically as it writhes helplessly on the ground. After a few moments, its glowing eyes fade to black and the demon is still.

Taern, her hand amputated, lies semiconscious against the wall. Graevic, too, is badly injured. Thokk wobbles on his feet, trying to fight off the effects of the bebilith's poison. As the adrenaline rush of combat fades, Fizahn's bleeding arm begins to throb with pain.

The rest of you breathe a sigh of relief that you've survived the combat unscathed.

As you turn your attention to the portal, you see images continue to flicker across the opening. A young girl can be seen. Her hair is tied back, revealing fine features. Her brow is wrinkled in worry. Dark humanoid forms around her, many heavily armed and armored, loom threateningly ...

A low rumble is felt almost before it is heard. A few pebbles fall from the irregular ceiling overhead ...

OOC: Elthan I finishes off the bebilith with 8 (5 + 3) points of damage. Elthan II does not lose his spell.

27. - Top - End - #1077

Eltahn II

*Elthan sets his hands down from his spell as teh Beblith falls to the ground from the final blow of his counter-part. He turns around to pick up the crossbow he droped in front of the portal.
    As he picks up his weapon, he sees the girl in obvious danger... He cast a spell, that shortly after finishes it, engulfs him momentarily in a dark-blue glow.*

"Thokk, Elthan, come here and tell me what you see. By my sight, I think this girl is danger. We should probally try to help."

(OOC: Casting Mage Armor in place of ROF, just because im too lazy to go back and change my sheet and maintain an AC of 10.
    Lizard should try to help Taern first, and should wait to go through the portal, just in case the shock value he provides would not prove to be in our favor.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ah, lad, ill be over, but I am pretty heavily dinged up, but we defeated the Demon!"

*Goes over, and starts (carefully) pulling pieces off the demon, espically the head, a claw or two, and some heavy armor ish plates*

29. - Top - End - #1079

Lizardkin Druid

Amazed at the pinkskins, for using a union of might and magic, Ssathiyaa stares at the vile remains of the bebilith; feeling the disturbance of the balance around him ebbing away.

Seeing the nature-attuned pinkskin and the courageous but foolhardy pinkskin out of action, Ssathiyaa turns to the small hairy one.

If the only other warrior falls from his wounds.. not all may be carried to safety

Recognizing the blue tinge on his lips to be a sign of poisoning, the lizardkin with a wave of his hand across Thokk's torso casts a spell to alert him to the nature and effect of the poison as he digs among the roots and herbs he salvaged for something to delay its effect and steady him.

He peers towards the ranger, remembering his valiant sacrifice for his pack.. this pack.

weak in their bodies.. weakwilled to wield corruptive magic...yet strong in spirit.. worthy of lizardkin.. the warriors of pinkskins are..

He turns to lok at the slumped spear-wielder as his thought finishes.

OOC: Do what I can to HEAL check/ delay poison for thokk, if any herbs can cure hp i'll give him some but i expect them to be weak in any case. I'll save the majority for Graevic and Taern. I'll carry graevic on one shoulder-fireman's lift and support taern on the side which he shas an arm... this is a fantasy setting so no-one need grab the hand wherever it's lying i suppose.

Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Spoiler
    Show

Lumpy
    "I'd rather walk."

30. - Top - End - #1080

Fizahn:

"I realize that she's in trouble Elthan 2, but we aren't in any condition to help her. I'll try if everyone says we should, or if this area was somehow magically linked to the demon and will cave in on us since it died!"

*Fizahn moves over to the portal, getting ready to jump in if he feels or hears more rumbles.*

I hope that girl doesn't need very much help...
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 05:19 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.