Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637
Results 1,081 to 1,091 of 1091
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Orc in the Playground
     
    sacreddeamon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    College
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    (Umm, just By the by, do we need to create a new IC thread? This ones goes about 25 pages over the Barons new limit...

  2. - Top - End - #1082
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    The images in the portal continue to flicker. The girl is replaced by images of dark rippling water, then a starry night sky. At one point, the portal goes completely black.

    Meanwhile, Thokk sways on his feet, one of the bebilith's spines clutched in his hands as a trophy. Despite the lizardman's ministrations, the poison is working its way through the dwarf's system. Soon, Thokk's eyes roll up into his head and he slumps to the ground, muttering incoherently.

    Both Taern and Thokk seem to be out of commission for the time being. The rest of you manage to carry/drag them to the portal opening.

    The rumbling intensifies, and ever larger chunks of rock begin to crash down from above. There is a flash of gray fur as Aholoh (who had been left behind to guard the entrance to the caves) zigzags across the floor, avoiding the falling debris. The badger leaps into Graevic's arms and stares intently into his eyes. The badger is frightened. Someone is coming ...

    It is clear that the cavern is in imminent danger of collapse. You face a difficult choice - run for the exit back to the surface or leap through the portal ...



    OOC: There is no time for deliberation or discussion. PM me your character's next action. My next post will be the last one in this thread.


  3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Belial_the_Leveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    It's too late to run back! Let's jump through the portal.
    Says Linda and jumps through the moment a location can be seen through.


    OOC: When the portal stops being blank.

  4. - Top - End - #1084
    Orc in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Dragging a thokk going into shock by his shoulders and supporting graevic, the lizardkin heads for the potral behind the female pinkskin wizard.

    While he knew of the clear danger of a magical doorway not borne of the balnace and of the possibility of being flung far away from the hunting grounds of the tribe, his instints told him it was the swiftest way to Sethra

    He waves the others towards him and pushes forward..
    Raik Ir'Ghandalla ; Chiron ; Tanis Torrn d'Thraask


    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  5. - Top - End - #1085
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Even larger boulders fall from the ceiling as large cracks begin to appear in the rune-covered walls. Stalactites and stalagmites splinter with a deafening cracks. Coarse dust fills the air, making everyone cough.

    As soon as Linda sees a glimmer of light in the portal, she leaps through. Fizahn cries out to the others, "We can't get Thokk and Taern to the surface in time!" and reaches for Taern. She staggers to her feet semi-conscious. Graevic, though badly injured, wraps an arm around her waist, urging her on toward the portal.

    The lizardman grabs a hold of Thokk and begins dragging him toward the portal as well.

    The Elthans look at each other, shrugging without saying a word. They both leap through the portal together.

    ...

    There is a moment of disorientation, then you step into a wide, rough hewn passage. Linda, the Elthans, and the lizardman (dragging Thokk's body) are safe. They turn around and peer back through the portal into the flickering image of the demon's chamber. Graevic, Taern, and Fizahn limp their way toward safety, dodging chunks of rock and collapsing pillars of stone.

    They've almost made it to the portal when Taern's eyes open wide, "Aercalad!" she gasps. She shoves Fizahn away and turns back towards where her spear lies, close to the bebilith's corpse. Graevic turns and tries to stop her, "Taern, no!"

    There's a blinding flash of light. When the afterimage fades, the portal is gone. Fizahn lies on the ground, having stumbled through the portal at the last second. There is no sign of Taern or Graevic.

    ...


    It takes a moment to get oriented to your new environs. The tunnel you are standing in is about 20 ft wide. It slopes gently upward in one direction and downward in the other. There are voices and light coming from the upper end of the tunnel, around a slight bend. The voices sound anxious ...




    OOC: I guess this isn't the last post after all ... The Baron gave us permission to wrap up this thread before starting a new one. We should be moving to a new thread shortly ...

  6. - Top - End - #1086
    Orc in the Playground
     
    sacreddeamon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    College
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Thokk

    *unconscious grumble*

  7. - Top - End - #1087
    Orc in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Lizardkin Druid

    The twinge he feels at the loss of the brave warrior and the balance-aware pinkskin does not surprise him.

    The pack is split.

    Glancing to the small wiry pinkskin, he turns to the hairy one on his arm:

    "Poison, he is. Rest. Medicine. Find, we must "

    The pack is split. The Others are lost..

    *On hearing the voices, he bares his fangs and stretches out one claw hand as he shields Thokk with the other side of his body*

    Sethra WILL die. Those pinkskins who died were no lesser than lizardkin..
    Raik Ir'Ghandalla ; Chiron ; Tanis Torrn d'Thraask


    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  8. - Top - End - #1088
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Elthan kneels down and administers a healing elixir that rouses Thokk from his weakened stupor.

    "Wha ... where?" Thokk sputters as he rises to a sitting position.

    "Shhhhh!" hisses Elthan. "We have company ..."

    All eyes turn toward the light glow around the bend. The light source is moving closer. Heavy footsteps indicate that there might be half a dozen or more creatures approaching ...

  9. - Top - End - #1089
    Orc in the Playground
     
    sacreddeamon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    College
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    Thokk

    "Ach, what be that? I feel so weak....Soulforger, give me your strengh..."

  10. - Top - End - #1090
    Orc in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]


    *Remains wordless as he watches over Elthan tend to Thokk and watches if Thokk recovers*

    Satisfied, he turns towards the source of the oncoming footsteps and narrows his eyes as he peers into the gloom.

    OOC: with Thokk incapacitated i'm prob the only one with darkvision here. So i'll describe what i see to my companions. no. of prey and what they appear to be. I don't expect to be able to identify them.
    Raik Ir'Ghandalla ; Chiron ; Tanis Torrn d'Thraask


    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  11. - Top - End - #1091
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Sarloc's Heir [IC]

    You hear three faint whistles from around the bend in the tunnel. The voices you can hear take on a tone of more urgency.

    Their footsteps approach closer and closer. A gruff voice calls out a challenge, but before you respond, a band of adventurers rounds the bend, stopping 30 feet away. They outnumber you, but they look dusty and tired ...

    Behind the fighters in front, stands an armored cleric carrying an unconscious girl in his arms. To your surprise, you recognize the girl from the images in the portal!



    OOC: To be continued in The Sea of Starry Night ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •