Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 1010
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    *With a short sigh and a shake of his head Lithandrill offers his hand for Sheyra to get up.*

    "Not much going on anymore, Sleepyhead. Seems like you slept through most of the fight."

    *Absently Lithandrill scratches his head.*

    "I wonder they they are going to escape.....Lets ask our rogue buddy there shall we Boris?"

  2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    "Somebody tie him up." Sedryn says to his freinds before talking to the rogue. "Alright, start talking fast! Who are you?, who are your friends?, Where are they now?, and What were you going to do if you managed to take Sheyra?"
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz grabs some silk rope from Sedryn's gear and quickly ties up the prisoner. The rogue does not resist, but keeps his lips clamped shut and refuses to speak.

    The other rogue and the sorceror have escaped. At first it's not clear where they have gone, but Angela goes topside and then returns with news that the sorceror and the rogue apparently jumped off of the Sea Lion (undoubtedly assisted by feather fall) into a longboat that quickly rowed away into the night. She could see them in the distance before they were swallowed up by the darkness, but they were too far away for anyone to do anything at that point. Several members of the skeleton night crew were found unconscious, and other sailors are in the process of reviving them right now.

    The captain is up and is making sure that his crew is accounted for and unharmed. He will undoubtedly be down soon to see what has been going on.

    The passengers seem to have mostly stayed in their rooms, likely too afraid to get involved once the combat began.

  4. - Top - End - #304
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Boris Human Ranger/Wizard

    Boris looks over the rouges equipment, looking for clues to his association and valuables.
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  5. - Top - End - #305
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Boris Human Ranger/Wizard

    How could they have known where to find us. There must have be someone on this ship that aided them.

    Looking at the uncooperative rouge, perhaps we can get more from honey than we are from vinigar.

    "I don't think we need you tied up, we are not her to hurt you. There is no reason we can't be friends, what do you say friend?"

    With that, Dirk unties the rouge and chants a few words of power.

    Dirk casts charm person DC 13
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  6. - Top - End - #306
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nyna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sheyra, Human Monk

    Still somewhat groggy, the girl stands to her feet, a little unsteady but managing to keep her balance. She rubs her head. "I'm gonna have a lump there in the morning..." She mutters to herself, then shakes her head, attempting to clear her thoughts.

    She looks up in time to see Boris beginning to untie the rogue. She quickly moves over and grabs his arm to stop him (before he begins casting the spell). She whispers to him quietly but forcefully, "Just what do you think you're doing? He's Mulhorandi, he's lucky we even let him live! Don't you dare let him escape!" Her eyes flash with an anger quite unlike her usual personality, and her grip on Boris' arm is tighter than neccessary, possibly causing some slight discomfort.

    (OOC: She has no idea what Boris is doing untying the rogue... She's not a spellcaster, and doesn't much care anyways. If she knew you were going to use charm person she'd probably stop you, so the outcome would be the same I think. Sheyra does not like Mulhorandi...)

  7. - Top - End - #307
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    *Lithandrill puts a comforting hand on Sheyra's shoulder and pulls her back alittle.*

    "Let Boris try whatever he wants to try, that miserable piece of rogue scum has nowhere to go now that his friends have left him to die here."

    *Lithandrill winks almost unnoticably at Sheyra and whispers in her ear.*

    "And if his little plan doesn't work then I have a few weys of myself to make him talk, and if he doesn't talk, he will be wailing an eternity that he would have. No one sneak behind my back and takes away the one I protect without feeling the wrath of the dragon goddess on him. His life was forfeit the moment he sneaked into that room."

  8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    "Is anyone wounded? Sheyra are you hurt?" Sedryn will tend to anyone with wounds. If none are injured he will cast Cure Moderate wounds on himself.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  9. - Top - End - #309
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The rogue is dressed in black leather armor. He is unarmed as he has already deployed and abandoned his shortsword, hand crossbow, and dagger. His olive complexion and straight black hair confirm Sheyra's suspicion that her attackers were Mulhorandi. He stares at Sedryn in defiance, refusing to answer.

    Boris takes over interrogating the rogue, while Sedryn tends to his own wounds. Sheyra is shaken but not hurt. Lithandrill tends to her, as a mother would tend to her child. Aeroz and the others take up positions at either end of the hallway to be sure there are no more surprises tonight.

    At first the rogue recoils from Boris' face with disgust and refuses to answer any questions, but as Boris continues speaking to the rogue, his gentle tone and hypnotic cadences work their magic, and the rogue's tongue loosens.


    "Look, all I know is that word came last night that our corsair, the Shu, was supposed to intercept this Hlondethi vessel and retrieve a fugitive.

    "The warlock had us onboard shortly before midnight. There were hardly any sailors on duty, and we were able to row up to your ship in a longboat and board without anyone noticing. Once the warlock had put a few crewmen to sleep, he led us to your door, and ... well, you know the rest."

    He shrugs, then he looks down at his hands.

    "Um. Do you think someone could take care of these burns for me? I don't want them to get infected or anything."




  10. - Top - End - #310
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Boris Human, Ranger/Wizard

    "Well, he wasn't of much use. But it does confirm we have a spy onboard."

    Looking to the rouge, "I guess we should heal him and hand him over to the captain. It would probably be wise to have Sherya stay in another room and we will need to start posting sentry."
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  11. - Top - End - #311
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    *Lithandrill thinks for a moment and then turns to Boris*

    "Do you mind if I interogate this rogue some more myself?"

  12. - Top - End - #312
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Fear appears in the rogue's eyes at he looks from Boris to the hulking Lithandrill.

    "Please don't hurt me! Please don't hurt me!"

  13. - Top - End - #313
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    Sedryn ducks into the cabin and retrieves his healers kit and the two dropped short swords.

    "No one will hurt you as long as you tell us everything you know." reassures Sedryn *"Now let me bandage your hands." Sedryn bandages the rogues hands.

    Sedryn then casts Detect Magic and examines the rogue, then the dropped weapons.

    {OOC - Heal +8}
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  14. - Top - End - #314
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The rogue carries nothing that radiates magic. The shortswords are of excellent quality, clearly of Mulhorandi make.

    The rogue's right hand is blistered badly. Sedryn's dressing ensures that his hand will heal quickly.

    The rogue nods appreciatively and continues talking. "It was just a job, you know. I didn't know we were after a little girl." He looks over at Sheyra, "I wouldn't have taken this assignment if I'd known."

    "A whole bunch of Untherite nobles went underground after we liberated their people. I had assumed we were after one of those Untherite insurgents.

    "I guess we must have an agent on board, because someone tipped us off about an Untherite fugitive when you guys were docked in Spandeliyon. We were told that there would be a diversion at midnight, so that we could snatch our target with a minimum fuss."

    The rogue begins to look a little bit scared. "This is a Hlondethi vessel, isn't it? You can't turn me over to them. They're just as bad as the Untherites used to be. They'll kill me as a pirate or, worse, make me one of their slaves and put me to work rowing until I die."

    "Hide me. Tell them that I escaped with the others. I can make it worth your while, I swear. Please! I didn't know! You can't condemn me to death or slavery just because I made a mistake!"

  15. - Top - End - #315
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The rogue's pleas are met with stony silence. Eventually, he gives up and hangs his head sullenly.

    Once the situation on deck has been secured, the captain of the Sea Lion descends to the passenger cabins, escorted by a pair of armed sailors.

    The two sailors take custody of the rogue and escort him to the brig.

    The captain remains behind to find out what exactly happened. When you explain the whole incident (and Sheyra's existence), he shakes his head in wonder.

    "I think the less I know about the young lady, the better off I'll be. All I know is that this is the second time my ship and crew have been put into jeopardy over her.

    "We'll be arriving in Ingdal's Arm tomorrow. I know that you've all booked passage to Velprintalar, but now that the Mulhorandi know you're onboard, I am afraid that we will be harassed all the way along the coast.

    "I am going to suggest that the five of you (indicating Aeroz, Lithandrill, Sedryn, Boris, and Sheyra) disembark and make your way to your final destinations on horseback. You'll be sitting ducks if you stay on board."

    The captain's tone suggests that this is not really a suggestion. He turns abruptly and climbs back to the top deck to continue securing his ship.


  16. - Top - End - #316
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    [OOC: yay, I am back. woo]

    "Good plan. The only problem is, where can we get horses cheap. I dont have one and I have fairly little pocket money."
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  17. - Top - End - #317
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Boris, Human, Ranger/Wizard

    "The captain has a point, we can expect nights similar to this as long as there is a spy on board. I for one would like to have solid ground beneath my feet again"

    OOC: Welcome back, Frojoe, you were missed.
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  18. - Top - End - #318
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nyna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sheyra, Human Monk

    "I don't have a horse either, and I don't really know how to ride all that well..." She reaches into her pouch and pulls out a handful of gold. Eyeing it for a moment, she puts it back in her pouch. "I've got a little more than 50... not much, I guess."

    (OOC: Welcome back, Frojoe!)

  19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    "I am going to suggest that the five of you (indicating Aeroz, Lithandrill, Sedryn, Boris, and Sheyra) disembark and make your way to your final destinations on horseback. You'll be sitting ducks if you stay on board."
    "Captain, that is a good idea. Now if you would refund the remainder of our passage and our mounts as well, we should be able to continue our journey." Sedryn continues, "You can keep the money for our friend that did not come that should be plenty of profit, since you will be able to take on more passengers at the next port, and Sheyra should get the remainder the her knights passage as well."
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  20. - Top - End - #320
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    "Whoa there Sedryn. I agree that Sheyra's bodyguards dying was tragic, but we dont need to push our refunds."

    He turns to the captain "Perhaps we could get the refund for our missing companion. I beleive that it should be enough."
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  21. - Top - End - #321
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The captain politely declines to give back any money. After all, he has no way to fill your berths this late into the voyage. He points out the small print on your tickets - no refunds.

    The next day is foggy and rainy. The Sea Lion arrives in Ingdal's Arm with a minimum of fuss. The layover in Ingdal's Arm is scheduled for only a few hours, so most passengers stay on board the Sea Lion or grab a quick drink in a dockside bar while cargo is loaded and unloaded.

    All five of you (Aeroz, Lithandrill, Sedryn, Boris, and Sheyra) wait on board, then at the last minute, dash down the gangplank just before it is retracted (a maneuver that is designed to throw off any spies that might be on board the vessel).

    Angela, Tiriel, and Si'rene won't be accompanying your group, because of "things" that they have to take care of in Velprintalar. "Look us up when you make it to the big city!" Angela calls out with a wave as the Sea Lion pulls away.

    The Sea Lion disappears into the fog in a few minutes, leaving the five of you alone on the docks. You recover your two warhorses among the cargo and other livestock that were just offloaded (as the captain promised).

    Velprintalar is many days journey to the east from Ingdal's Arm. It will take even longer if you have to travel on foot. It looks like you'll have to figure out a way to scrape up some quick gold if you want to continue your journey into the Unapproachable East.

  22. - Top - End - #322
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    *Lithandrill looks around and shakes his head*

    "This just sucks.....we are in the middle of an unknown land, without money, with a weird girl who we saved more then once and a captain that throws us ofboard without even giving our money back! Hell he didn't even leave us a good bottle of that Scotch......"

    *Frustrated Lithandrill kicks a rock as he walks to his warhorse. A little harder then needed he throws his pack at the back of the animal and climbs in the saddle..*

    "Guess we will have to make some money before we do anything...."

  23. - Top - End - #323
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Boris, Human, Ranger/Wizard

    "Well, as I see it we need only enough money for 2 horses. Surely Sherya is small enough that she can ride with another. None the less, we will need to earn some money. I suggest we head to the nearest tavern. Not only can we get a stiff drink, but it is always a good place to pick up work."

    Boris thinks for a moment. "There is another option, perhaps we can find the local mercinary guild. If there is a caravan heading to our destination, perhaps we could be hired on as guards."
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  24. - Top - End - #324
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    "I dont think travelling in a caravan would be the wisest thing to do. The thing is, I am not to skilled at riding horses. I am not that big and I probably could fit on a horse with someone riding it. And I do agree with boris, we should get something to drink."
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  25. - Top - End - #325
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The story thus far:

    Three adventurers (Aeroz, Lithandrill, and Sedryn) accidentally witness the theft of a powerful artifact from a Thayan diplomatic party. Accused of the murder of the Thayan ambassador, they escape Hlondeth by boat with the assistance of Prozen, one of the Queen's Investigators, who tells them that the true thieves/murderers are part of some sort of conspiracy involving powerful members of the Emerald Guard. In exchange for freedom, they are charged with tracking down the artifact, which is being taken into the Unapproachable East. Their only lead is a contact named Baran, who is to be found in a tavern called The Boar's Head in the capital city of Aglarond, Velprintalar.

    En route to Velprintalar, however, they become involved in another intrigue, this one involving a young woman named Sheyra, who is being pursued (for unclear reasons) by Mulhorandi agents. Also joining the party is a disfigured human named Boris.

    The five members of the party (all strangers to one another a week ago) find themselves prematurely ejected from the sailing vessel that had brought them to the East. They now need to find a way from Ingdal's Arm to Velprintalar (several days ride to the east).



    Ingdal's Arm is named after the curved spit of land that provides shelter for ships in its harbor. The town itself is small and rundown. It appears to have once been a bustling port, but now many buildings and warehouses seem to be empty and/or boarded up.

    As you leave the docks to head into the town proper, you ask some locals for tips on where to stay. They indicate that the Iron Griffon provides clean rooms and decent meals for a reasonable rate.

    It takes you only a short while to locate the inn, marked by a rusting griffon-shaped sheet of metal hanging over the door.

    You stable the horses (who seem glad to be back on solid ground) and take a pair of adjoining rooms, then settle downstairs in the common room for dinner to discuss your options.

  26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    "Boris, I think your idea of caravan guards is a good one. Aeroz, we are going to have to ride to get to Velprintalar so it just as well be with a caravan. And yes we could all use a drink." Sedryn says.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  27. - Top - End - #327
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nyna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sheyra, Human Monk

    "I don't think joining a caravan is a great idea... but let's worry about that later. Right now our main concern is money, right? Do any of us have any skills that could be of use in finding some gold? If not we could always look for the odd job...

    "And yeah, a drink sounds good. I think I'd like some juice, or lacking that I guess water would be fine."

  28. - Top - End - #328
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    "Ummmm, yeah. Juice or water (not making any jokes about Jesus juice or tonic water). I used to work for a theives guild a bit back, but I dont think using my experience from that would be too good of an idea. Also, working at a tavern or inn would not be the best idea. We need something with a relatively high pay, and something we can do for maximum three weeks. We shouldn't stay here any longer than we need to"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  29. - Top - End - #329
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Boris, Human Ranger/Wizard

    Boris takes a seat in the common area with his companions. He orders his usual ale and ponders their problem.

    "I don't think we have 3 weeks. It will only take time for the Sea Lion to reach the next port and a messeage will be sent to the shadowing Muhorondi craft. They will be sure to get back here quickly.

    "Thus we need to quickly find money using the only skills we have. Mine involve woodsmanshp and the arcane, but basically it is the select use of force. Lithandril is in the same trade. Sedryn has his divine gifts, but Im sure he's not the type to doll them out to only those that pay. Aeroz has a gift for stealth and guile. While I am sure he could procure the money quickly if he put his mind and skills to it, he is corret that it is probably no the best course of action. As for Sherya, she can obviously fight, but I am not sure what her other skills are."

    "So, we just now need to find someone who want to pay us for these skills."

    With that he takes a long draw from his ale.
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  30. - Top - End - #330
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    *Lithandril grins slightly*

    "Maybe if I would find some rich girl and ...... na it would never work. Before I got entangles in all of this I used to make quite some money with hunting down criminals for a bounty and slaying monsters that had been bothering towns. It payed quite well I must say so who knows maybe some local mayor or Deputy could tell us more after this drink...."

    *Without further ado Lithandrill orders himself a nice dwarven Vodka and orders something for the rest as well.*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •