Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 390 of 1010
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles collects 40 gp (his 20 gp stake plus his winnings) from the grumbling halfling.

    He offers his water to Boris, who appears winded, but otherwise unhurt.


  2. - Top - End - #362
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Boris Human Ranger/Wizard


    Boris accepts the water, "Thanks, friend."

    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    Aeroz turns to the man. "You still haven't answered my question. Who exactly are you and why have you taken a sudden interest in our affairs?"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maryland

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

    To Boris: "You're welcome. If you need your wounds tended to, let me know."

    *Miles turns and addresses (Aeroz).*

    "Sir, your point is well taken. I mean you and your companions no harm. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Miles D'Arcy, Druid and guide to travellers. By the look of you and your friends I would bet you are adventurers or at the very least professionals. Ingdal's Arm doesn't see adventurers of your caliber pass through very often."

    "I offer you my services, free of charge, as guide for as long as you may require. It is my duty and oath to Chauntea."

    *Waits for Aeroz's reaction.*

  5. - Top - End - #365
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    Sedryn joins Boris after his fight and examines his wounds. *After accessing his condition casts a healing spell to restore Boris.

    "Lathandar restore Boris that he may continue to fight."

    "Boris that should do it. *Good luck in the next bout!"

    {OOC - Cast CMW on Boris. edit - rolled a 15.

    Sorry about not posting work is very busy right now.}

    Sedryn watching Sheyra win unscathed will wander over to the bookie to put 10 gp on Boris and Sheyra next matches.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  6. - Top - End - #366
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn heads over to the bookie's table to put down 10 gp down on Boris and Sheyra each. The bookie shakes his head. "The girl's a ringer! 30 gp minimum bet." He points up at the signboard.

    The next round pairings are posted along with odds (based on the fighters' performance in the first round):


    Bregon of Urve +50
    Urgal the Fat -100
    *
    Boris the Beautiful +20
    Bo Halfhand -20
    *
    Sheyra Relik *-30
    Rungal Gunawardane +30
    *
    Merlin Soovere +20
    Berwyn Frost -20


    According to the odds, Sheyra is favored to win, so you'll have to stake 30 gp for a chance to profit 10 gp (40 gp total). Boris, on the other hand, is thought to likely lose, so a 10 gp bet offers a chance to profit 20 gp (30 gp total).

    ...

    The first match in the second round is another rout. Urgal dispatches Bregon by smothering him like an anaconda. Urgal's strength is just too much for Bregon, and (to no one's surprise) Urgal wins easily. The crowd claps halfheartedly.


    OOC: Boris is up.

  7. - Top - End - #367
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maryland

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

    *After seeing the numbers change on the Halfling's board, Miles will adjust his bet to 30 gold total on Sheyra.*

    "Good luck Sheyra, everyone is pulling for you."


  8. - Top - End - #368
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    "Alright 30 gold it is." Sedryn says as he hands over the additional 20 gold.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  9. - Top - End - #369
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The bets are placed and Boris and Bo enter the bowl.

    Bo "Halfhand" is a slight but nimble appearing young man. His head is shaved and his face is beardless. His left hand is contracted and palsied, perhaps a congenital defect or the result of a long ago accident.

    Bo and Boris circle carefully at first. Bo lunges forward suddenly and clubs Boris with his gnarled left fist. Boris appears to stagger backward, but he's only feinting - instead he comes up with a handful of mud, which he hurls at Bo's face. Bo dodges easily, but nods appreciatively at the attempt.

    Boris hurls himself at Bo's knees in a takedown attempt, but only gets a kick in the sternum for his trouble.

    Bo and Boris settle in for a brawl, trading punches. Bo lands more shots, but Boris' strength proves to be an advantage - his blows land heavily and tellingly ...

    The crowd cheers and whistles, clearly enjoying this match.

  10. - Top - End - #370
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    "Boris keep it up, You got him, You got him, Finish it." Sedryn cheers enjoying the fight.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maryland

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

    *Miles cheers and whistles for Boris!*

    Miles shouts, "Boris! Watch out for his left hand!"


  12. - Top - End - #372
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf expert

    "HIT LOW!! KNOCK OUT WHERE HE FOCUSES HIS WEIGHT. GET HIM!!! GET HIM!!!
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  13. - Top - End - #373
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    "Huh?" Boris takes his eyes off of his opponent for a second and gets clubbed again.

    In response, he grabs two handfuls of mud and flings them in Bo's face. Sputtering, Bo staggers backward, temporarily blinded. Boris takes the opportunity to follow up with a hard cross.

    Bo shakes the mud out of his eyes and slams Boris with his withered forearm. Boris sees stars and almost blacks out. Desperately, he lashes out and ... connects solidly, knocking Bo out cold.

    Boris wobbles on his feet as he acknowledges the cheers of the crowd. Aeroz and Sedryn help him out of the ring as Sheyra prepares for her second fight.


    OOC: Boris wins. Sheyra is up.

  14. - Top - End - #374
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Rungal Gunawardane, dark-skinned but with a brilliant white smile, enters the Mud Bowl and shifts back and forth stretching, ready to fight.

    The crowd eagerly anticipates Sheyra's return to the ring. The spectators crane their necks as they look back and forth. Where is she?

  15. - Top - End - #375
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maryland

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

    *Miles begins scanning the crowd looking for Sheyra, with mild concern.*

    I hope nothing happened to her after the first match.

    [OOC: I am scanning the crowd, paying particular attention to the Halfling and/or Urgal the Fat...suspecting possible "foul play". (Spot +5)]


  16. - Top - End - #376
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles spots the halfling and Urgal in the crowd. They appear to be looking around along with everyone else.

    Either they are great actors, or they didn't have anything to do with Sheyra's delayed appearance.

  17. - Top - End - #377
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    "Strange. Where is she. She was our best chance to win this stupid thing anyways. You know what, I am going to look around."

    Aeroz begins to look around, weaving in and out of the crowd to find Sheyra. If he finds her(Unlikely) he will bring her back to the ring. If not, he will start asking people if they have seen a little girl matching her description.

    {Search+0 Gather information +0}
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  18. - Top - End - #378
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The crowd is restless, and Sheyra is nowhere to be seen. The halfling waits as long as he can, then announces that he's giving Rungal a bye. Any bets on the match are null and void. The crowd groans and boos, but then turns its attention to the next match: Merlin vs Berwyn.

    It looks like Boris will have to fight again, sooner than expected. He is still exhausted from his last match. Even worse, it looks like his next opponent will be Urgal the Fat, the defending champion.

    ...

    Aeroz works the crowd, asking about Sheyra. Maybe it's his less than charming personality or maybe the residents of Ingdal's Arm just don't like elves; Aeroz isn't able to find anyone who has seen her since her last match.

    Frustrated, he looks around with his sharp elven vision. On a distant hill, he sees the silhouette of a small girl, sitting crosslegged under a tree.

  19. - Top - End - #379
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maryland

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

    *Miles will also assist in the search for Sheyra. Since Miles is known by some of the residents of Ingdal's Arm, they may be more willing to talk to him.*

    *Miles will also scan the crowd, by climbing up onto something...barrel/box/crate to get a higher vantage point.* (Spot +5)

    I better try to help Boris with his wounds.

    [OOC: DR, about how long do we have until Boris has to fight again?]

  20. - Top - End - #380
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles also conducts his own search for Sheyra, but isn't able to find her.

    He turns back to offer any aid to Boris he can while two burly fighters slug it out in the Mud Bowl.

    There will probably be at least 15 minutes or so after the current bout while the third round odds are calculated and posted, so Boris has a little bit of time to try to recover.



  21. - Top - End - #381
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert.

    Aeroz runs over to where he beleives Sheyra is.

    [OOC: I am ending this post a little early because I have a sneaking suspicion of something, but I just want closure.]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  22. - Top - End - #382
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maryland

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

    *Miles temporarily abandons his search for Sheyra. He moves over next to Boris and examines his condition.*

    *Calling on the healing powers of Nature through Chauntea, Miles casts Cure Light Wounds on Boris.*

    [OOC: Sorry Boris, its the best I can do on short notice.]

  23. - Top - End - #383
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz runs over to the hill, where Sheyra sits crosslegged in the shade of a tall tree. Her eyes are closed, and she breathes deeply and steadily. A water pitcher and ladle sit beside her, presumably provided by a friendly villager.

    ...

    Miles offers to aid Boris before his next match. Calling on Chauntea, he channels healing energy into the weary ranger.


    OOC: Boris receives 8 points of healing.

  24. - Top - End - #384
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    Aeroz nudges Sheyra out of her meditation or whatever it is.

    "Hey, wake up, if you dont get to your match soon youll be disqualified. Your our best chance of winning this thing so get going. If we are going to make it to Velprintalar we need that gold."
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  25. - Top - End - #385
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maryland

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

    *Miles checks the board to see what the odds are for Boris' next match.*

    To Boris, "How are you doing? Do you need additional healing? If so, I can try to find Sedryn."

    *Miles scans the crowd looking for Sedryn.*


  26. - Top - End - #386
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    When Aeroz nudges Sheyra, she falls over onto her side. She continues breathing quietly as she lies unconscious on the ground.

    ...

    Boris says that he is OK, but Miles senses that he is still quite weary from his previous fight. Perhaps a little more healing would be helpful. He looks around for Sedryn.

  27. - Top - End - #387
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    Hurrying back after collecting his winnings "Boris, sorry to take so long, but I thought I had more time I hope Sheyra is ok." Sedryn says as he casts CLW.

    "There you should be good for the next bout." Sedryn comments.

    {OOC - Rolled a 9 for CLW

    Before the bout with Urgal Sedryn will cast Detect Magic and check Urgal to make sure everything is fair. Then he will scan the crowd to see if there is anything interesting.

    Sorry about not posting work is still very busy.}
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  28. - Top - End - #388
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    Aeroz will take the water and dump it on his immobile companions head. If that doesnt work, he'll drag or carry her.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  29. - Top - End - #389
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maryland

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

    *Miles looks slightly relieved after Sedryn tended to Boris, knowing he is now fully healed.*

    *Miles will wander over the the Halfling's table and wait for them to post the odds on Boris' upcoming match. While he wanders he will keep an eye out for Sheyra...just in case.*

    [OOC: Glad to have you folks back! It was getting kinda lonely...but RL tends to interrupt gaming.]


  30. - Top - End - #390
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The semifinal pairings are posted with new odds:

    Urgal the Fat -100
    Boris the Beautiful +50

    Rungal Gunawardane +20
    Berwyn Frost -20

    Obviously, Urgal is heavily favored to win, but there is an opportunity for some money to be made if Boris manages to pull off an upset win.

    Boris, rejuvenated thanks to Sedryn and Miles (the friendly stranger), prepares himself for the fight. He looks across the Bowl at Urgal, a mountain of a man probably twice Boris' size. Urgal grins back toothlessly.

    ...

    Aeroz, meanwhile, tries in vain to awaken Sheyra from her unnaturally deep slumber. He douses her with the water, but she doesn't awaken. Something white catches his eye - there appears to be some powdery residue at the bottom of the water pitcher. He thinks to himself, "There's something rotten in Ingdal's Arm ..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •