Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 1010
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maryland

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

    [OOC: D.R., please see my post in the OOC thread]

    *Miles places a 10 gold bet on Boris to win versus Urgal the Fat.*

    *Miles will then move back near Boris' "corner" of the pit to cheer him on.*

    Miles says, "Good luck Boris, remember to stay mobile!"


  2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn surreptitiously scans Urgal for any signs of magical enhancement but finds none.

    Urgal cracks his knuckles as he faces Boris. The match is about to begin ...


    OOC: Any particular plan in mind, rainbowvet?

  3. - Top - End - #393
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    Aeroz leaves Sheyra, there will always be time to get her later. He grabs the pot and makes a mad dash to the Mud Bowl. Once he gets just outside of the site, he draws one of his rapiers and runs over to the referee and explains the problem, showing the pot and the powedery residue. He then points to Urgal and the Halfling, and explains that they are possible suspects.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz only gets about halfway to the Bowl before he is intercepted by a pair of the halfling's flunkies armed with spiked clubs.

    "Whoa, there, pointy! Where you headin' in such a hurry?"

    ...

    Sheyra's eyes flutter open. "What's going on?" she thinks. She is lying down on the ground, soaking wet. She remembers accepting a cool draught from a friendly local, then sitting down to meditate before her next match, then it all gets sort of fuzzy ...


  5. - Top - End - #395
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz takes a step back, and lowers his rapier slightly. He smiles politely and sways his hand back and forth while talking to the brutes, in the slowest, calmest voice he can muster.

    "Well, I really wanted to see the semifinals for the match, and, you know, when you got to go, you've got to go. So I ran off and found a nice little spot. Then I realized that the semifinals were beginning soon..." Aeroz drones on as long as he can, keeping them as distracted as possible (bluff and diplomacy both +6). When he sees an opening, he lunges with his rapier at the nearest brute and takes a defensive stance afterwards.

    [OOC: Rapier +6 (1d6+1 plus 2d6 sneak attack, AC after sneak attack : 23 (+3 dex, +4 armor, +6 total defense), Designating the one who didnt stab him as dodge target]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  6. - Top - End - #396
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maryland

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

    *Miles is waiting near Boris for the match to begin, making small talk with the people around him.*

    I wonder if anyone has seen the young lady...



    [OOC: I'm waiting until I see something (anything) going on with Aeroz, then I will react.]


  7. - Top - End - #397
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    [OOC: Aeroz is quite a distance a way. You would have to have binoculars or know where he was in the first place, besides, he can handle himself.]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  8. - Top - End - #398
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The thugs furrow their brows as they try to follow Aeroz's rapid fire babbling, but they seem to anticipate that Aeroz might not cooperate, so when Aeroz suddenly lunges at one of them with his rapier, they are ready. His target steps back, while his buddy swipes at Aeroz's head.

    Aeroz ducks and turns just in time, and the blow glances off of his shoulder. He swings the bucket and pokes with his rapier to keep the thugs off balance as he carefully sidesteps around them toward the Mud Bowl. The thugs howl in frustration as they try to get past Aeroz's defense.

    The commotion begins to attract some attention. The crowd turns from Boris and Urgal and starts pointing at the little fracas. Sedryn sees the halfling and Urgal glance at each other, then Urgal pushes past Boris and climbs out of the Bowl, heading toward Aeroz and the thugs.

  9. - Top - End - #399
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    [OOC: In the future combat scenarios, can I roll my own dice. The online one hates me for some reason and only gives me poor rolls and I have no reason to lie.]

    Aeroz will draw his dagger and feign (My roll: 15+6, otherwise just +6) and strike the one who hit him with both weapons (Rapier: My roll - 18-1 Otherwise -1, Dagger: My roll - 6-1 otherwise -1) and continue his defensive fighting

    [OOC: just a recap:
    Bluff check 21
    Rapier: 17
    Dagger: 5
    HP: 11
    AC: 20 (21 dodge target)]

    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maryland

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

    *Upon seeing the crowds turn, and Urgal the Fat lumber out of the pit...Miles will head in the direction of the commotion.*

    Miles turns to the nearest townsperson, "What in the world is going on?"


  11. - Top - End - #401
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nyna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sheyra, Human Monk

    Sheyra shakes her head slowly as she rises to a sitting position, looking slightly confused. "Why am I all wet...? She asks out loud to no one in particular, standing up as she does so. She brushes off the dirt on her clothing, then stands there motionless as she tries to regain her focus. Suddenly, she gasps, then begins to dash towards the bowl, thinking one thing only- I'm gonna miss my fight!

  12. - Top - End - #402
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz drops the bucket and draws a dagger from his belt. He engages one of the two flunkies and feints to the outside, hoping to create an opening, but the two thugs are so unsophisticated that Aeroz's ploy proves useless - they just keep swinging their spiked clubs back and forth as fast as they can, growling like beasts as they do so.

    One of them manages to beat aside Aeroz's rapier with his club, but Aeroz counters with a quick arcing thrust and his main gauche pierces the flunkie above the shoulder. The man cries out, drops his club, and falls back clutching his bleeding shoulder.

    ...

    Meanwhile, Sheyra has woken up and is sprinting (like the wind) back towards the Mud Bowl. She slows as she approaches the melee. She sees Aeroz engaged with the two brutes.

    ...

    The rest of the party is approaching the fight from the opposite direction, drawn in that direction by the crowd. The villagers closest to the melee start chanting, "Fight! Fight! Fight!" Boris is left standing alone in the center of the Mud Bowl wondering what the heck is going on ...




  13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maryland

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

    *Miles will try to push his way through the crowd, his goal is to get to the inner side of the ring of people surrounding Aeroz.*

    *Arms folded across this chest, and wearing a scowl, Miles will wait for the outcome of the fight between Aeroz and the thugs.*


    [OOC: Where did Urgal end up after he left the mud pit?]


  14. - Top - End - #404
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Same strategy as last time. Feinting and striking and fighting defensively.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  15. - Top - End - #405
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nyna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sheyra, Human Monk

    Sheyra just blinks for a moment as she approaches the melee, slowing, but as she sees the entire situation she quickly begins to pick up speed again. She is attempting to get close enough to help Aeroz out by charging headlong into the melee, leaping upwards at the last second to attack the thug Aeroz is not attacking with a kick.

    (OOC: Dodge is assigned to my opponent, charging: +2 to attack, -2 to AC. +4 to attack, 1d6 damage, 20/x2 crit, using unarmed attack)

  16. - Top - End - #406
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Boris Human Ranger/Wizard

    Boris wanders were the crowd and his opponent run off too. Secretly relieved that his impending beating is at least monentarily averted, his content evaporates as he sees Aeroz fighting two thugs.

    Just like me to not to bring my weapon in a knife fight. There is no use letting my spells go to waste.

    Boris climbs out of the mud pit and runs towards the melee.

    ((OOC: Boris' intent is to support Aeroz and Sherya with spells, albeit limited as they are. Boris will join the melee once his spells are ehausted.))
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  17. - Top - End - #407
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz tries to feint again, but again the thugs lack of technique works in their favor and one manages to clip Aeroz's skull. A thin trickle of blood runs down Aeroz's face.

    Aeroz's rapier and dagger make short work of the second flunkie, who drops to the ground clutching his abdomen. He then turns to face the other flunkie (who had been stabbed in the shoulder) only to see Sheyra send him sailing 15 feet across the grass with a flying side kick.

    The fight is over. The gathered crowd yammers loudly trying to figure out what is going on. Some villagers crouch next to the injured men, stabilizing their wounds. The mass of villagers parts, however, to let Urgal's massive frame through. He glowers as he stands over the flunkies lying on the ground. The halfling runs up behind him, "What's the meaning of this!?"


  18. - Top - End - #408
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    "Whats wrong here?!? Sheyra just came out of drugging and when I go to report foul play, these two moron's attack me."

    Aeroz hands the Pot with the residue to the Halfling.

    "You and Urgal were looking farily suspicous during the tournament, all shady and such... Did you have anything to do with it? "

    Aeroz Sheathes his rapier and his dagger. He looks at Urgal and the halfling with a dissapointed look, then walks off, looking for Miles or Roderic for some healing. While a good distance away, he spits on the ground and continues his serious/dissapointed look.

    OOC: for a dude with only 12 hit points and taking on two opponents with little help, what kind of XP do I get out of that. And where's our meatsheild?
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  19. - Top - End - #409
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maryland

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

    *Miles moves up next to Aeroz, and gently tugs on his tunic to get his attention.*

    Miles says, "Aeroz, I'm afraid I don't have much magical healing left for today. But, I will help you locate Sedryn."

    *Miles will take a quick look at Aeroz's wounds to ensure they are not life threatening, especially the head wound.*


  20. - Top - End - #410
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The halfling take the bucket from Aeroz. "I will definitely look into this. I won't tolerate any cheating in the Mud Bowl." He puffs out his chest and tries to appear authoritative.

    As Aeroz turns to leave, however, the halfling continues, "Not so fast master elf ..."

    "We have laws here in Ingdal's Arm you know, and those laws prohibit unprovoked attacks on local law enforcement. I'm going to have to ask you to accompany these gentlemen quietly." He indicates another pair of flunkies armed with clubs. (They look a little nervous.)

    Noticing Sheyra he adds, "Oh, there you are young lady. What a shame you missed your match. You were doing so well before we had to scratch you from the competition."

    The halfling turns back toward the Mud Bowl, closely followed by Urgal, who leers menacingly at your group then winks at Sheyra.



    OOC: XP will be distributed the next time you get a chance to rest.

  21. - Top - End - #411
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, elf expert

    Aeroz shoots the flunkies a menacing look, seeing tha he already has instilled a sense of fear in them. 'Very well then, but I was simply defending myself. They came onto me in a threatening manner and I didn't know what else to do. It was pure self defense."

    Aeroz follows the two men to wherever the may be taking him, but requests that Sherya acompanies him, to provide some evidence. If she cannot accompany him, then he asks for Miles'.

    [OOC: Man you can just tell something bad is in the air. Oh well, at least if I get ambushed, I have some advantage, be it our resident secondary healer or our secondary Melee]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  22. - Top - End - #412
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maryland

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

    *Miles is relieved that there was no loss of life. Satisfied that the thugs are being tended to, Miles steps forward next to Aeroz.*

    Addressing the halfling, "Surely this can all be resolved quietly, and without further bloodshed. I am sure the town elders would not take kindly to open fighting in the streets."

    *Miles turns to Aeroz...*

    Miles whispers to Aeroz, "I do have a little influence in Ingdal's Arm and I will try to help you. I am asking you to please try to control yourself until we get this worked out."


  23. - Top - End - #413
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    As Aeroz is disarmed and led away by the two "guards", Miles accompanies him.

    Once the group of you are out of sight of the Mud Bowl, the two thugs are joined by two more.

    Aeroz and Miles are escorted into the village proper. The thugs take a few turns, then turn into a blind alley. Suddenly, the thugs stop walking. Miles and Aeroz stand surrounded by the four club-wielding thugs.

    "That's far enough I reckon," one says.

    Another one chimes in, "Now I think it's time we show you how we deal with trouble makers here in Ingdal's Arm!"



    OOC: Having not heard otherwise, I am assuming that Boris returned to be Mud Bowl for his fight, along with Sheyra and Sedryn.

  24. - Top - End - #414
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maryland

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

    [OOC: I am going to wait for Daring's reponse to my post in the OOC thread, then I will update my initial actions.]

    [OOC2: Daring, could you also give us some additional details about how far away the thugs are and how far we are away from the entrance to the alley/street. Thanks.]


  25. - Top - End - #415
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    Sedryn finally noticing the ruckus, gets an update from the rest of the party. Upon hearing that Aeroz was wounded decides to see if he can help.

    "I better go check his wounds and see if he is okay. Anyone want to come along?" Sedryn mumbles.

    Sedryn will hurry off in search of Aeroz and Miles.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  26. - Top - End - #416
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    [OOC: Does Aeroz still have his four concealed daggers? I am really hoping he does, cause at least he could hold his own. Now where is Lithandrill when you really need him, and it totally sucks that I can't sneak attack.]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  27. - Top - End - #417
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn heads back to the village to try to catch up with Aeroz.

    ...

    Meanwhile, Aeroz and Miles find themselves in a tight spot.

    The alley is 100 ft long but only 10 ft wide. Aeroz and Miles are surrounded. Two of the thugs are 10 ft in front and another pair of thugs 10 ft behind, sealing off the entrance to the alley.

    Aeroz's hand moves surreptitiously to the knives he has hidden under his clothing.


  28. - Top - End - #418
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maryland

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

    [OOC: I will assume we are down to tactical/initiatives, unless you tell me otherwise.]

    Miles speaks to the thugs, "I strongly suggest you stop this foolishness, or I will summon the forces of nature to change your mind!"

    To Aeroz, "I advise we fight back-to-back to avoid being flanked."

    Miles' actions:

    1st action: *Draw Wand of Cure Light Wounds
    2nd action: *Use Wand on Aeroz...
    (5' step if necessary to work with Aeroz and avoid being flanked.)

    {Edit: I will designate my Dodge to the first thug who attaks me.}

    [OOC: *If I recall correctly Aeroz is pretty beat up from the last fight.]

  29. - Top - End - #419
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf expert

    [OOC: Yeah, but its only due to my Constitution penalty. Next level my HP situation should be remedied]

    Aeroz crosses his arms, putting his hands on the hilts of his daggers in his sleeve. If the thugs take any agressive action Aeroz will draw his daggers and fight defensively. He will keep his eye on one of the thugs (dodge target).
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  30. - Top - End - #420
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    Sedryn hurries to find Aeroz chiding himself at being so distracted.

    "Pay attention to what is going on around you the High Priest is always saying, now my friends are hurt and I am goofing off." Sedryn mumbles as he walks along.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •