New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Into the East [IC]

As the crowd settles back in around the Mud Bowl, Boris prepares himself to restart his interrupted match with Urgal. The halfling settles back down behind the betting table. The pitcher of water he promised to examine is nowhere to be seen. Urgal pounds his chest and roars - he's pumped up and ready to rock.

Sheyra, now relegated to a spectator only, can only watch from the edge of the Bowl.

Sedryn hustles towards the village. It's mostly deserted since everyone else is watching the Mud Bowl. "Where did they take Aeroz?" he wonders.

Meanwhile, back in the alley, Miles whips out his healing wand, but (having just been threatened with "the forces of nature") the thugs misinterpret this as a hostile act, and they close in swinging.

Aeroz was ready - in the blink of an eye, daggers appear in both hands, and he slashes the air in warning.

Aeroz and Miles circle back-to-back, but the thugs have them surrounded. Aeroz manages to dodge their clumsy blows easily, but one of the thugs manages to blindside Miles - the spiked club pierces Miles' leather armor, cracking a rib.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aeroz, Elf expert

Aeroz will continue to fight defensively, slashing with both daggers when he sees an opening. He still keep an eye on one of the thugs.

[OOC: Full attack - Dagger -1/-1 (1d4+1 each), HP: 11, AC 20 (21 to the bandit who is in the most theatening postition relative to me]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

3. - Top - End - #423
    Dwarf in the Playground

Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

*Miles will sound the alarm at the top of his lungs!*

[OOC: Sometimes fortune favors the bold!]

*This round Miles will begin casting a spell, using Casting Defensively. Using the Druid ability for spontaneous casting, Miles will dump Delay Poison and try to cast Summon Nature's Ally II.*

[OOC2: This is a big gamble as it takes a whole ROUND to cast, not 1 action. It won't appear until the beginning of Miles' next round.]

*If successful, Miles will choose a Crocodile and will have it appear right behind the thugs engaged with Miles. He is trying for the most advantagous placement possible.*

4. - Top - End - #424

Sedryn stands at an intersection wondering which way to go next when suddenly he hears a cry for help from a couple blocks away. It's not Aeroz's voice, but Sedryn assumes it might be the friendly druid.

Miles begins chanting and gesturing, calling for Chauntea to aid him and Aeroz in this hour of need. Unfortunately, as the two thugs harry him, his movements become imprecise and no assistance materializes. For his troubles, he gets hit again by the same thug, despite his attempts to dodge. The blow splinters a corner of his shield, and a spike gashes his shoulder.

Aeroz's twin daggers flicker hypnotically as he holds his two attackers at bay. One thug leans in a little too closely, and Aeroz slashes his forearm deeply. The thug curses.

5. - Top - End - #425

Aeroz, Elf expert

Aeroz will continue to fight defensively, slashing with both daggers when he sees an opening. He still keep an eye on one of the thugs.

[OOC: Full attack - Dagger -1/-1 (1d4+1 each), HP: 11, AC 20 (21 to the bandit who is in the most theatening postition relative to me]

[OOC: Yes I know its a copy and paste, but really, until something important happens, like stuff starts going down by some holy pillar of white fire, Aeroz is pretty much sticking to the same strategy]

Spoiler
    Show

JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

6. - Top - End - #426
    Dwarf in the Playground

Next Round:

*Miles continues shouting the alarm!*

**Begin fighting defensively...** (AC: 18/19)
    1st action: Draw scimitar.
    2nd action: Attack thug #2. (To hit = +3, -4, net = -1) (Damage: 1d6)

[OOC: Sorry Aeroz, I knew the summoning was a long shot...but it would have been cool if it worked.]

7. - Top - End - #427

Miles draws his scimitar to fend off the pair of thugs attacking him. As he parries their blows, he manages to scratch one of them across the cheek. "You'll pay for that, bastard!" the thug threatens.

Meanwhile, Aeroz continues to whirl and dodge, making himself an almost impossible target to hit. The thugs continue to swing wildly, hitting nothing but air. One thug overextends again and zip, zip Aeroz opens up two new slashes on the thugs arm. Bleeding from three wounds now, the thug drops his club and runs toward the alley's exit.

Sedryn runs as fast as he can toward the cries for help.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Miles continues to sound the alarm!*

To Aeroz, "Great work! Now carve up the other one!"

Next Round:

**Continue fighting defensively**

Attack the same thug. (To Hit: -1) (Damage: 1d6)

*Miles will use a 5' step if he can use it to his advantage now that there are only 3 thugs left.*

9. - Top - End - #429

Aeroz, Elf Expert

[OOC: Same stuff as last time]

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #430

Miles can only keep his eye on one thug at a time as they circle him.When Miles slashes at one thug, the other one smashes Miles in the back of the head with the butt of his club. Miles almost blacks out for a second.

Aeroz continues to dodge and dance. One thug has been driven off, but the other thug finally connects with a lucky blow. The elf twists nimbly aside however and takes only a scratch.

Sedryn, a cramp forming in his side from his sprinting, closes in on the alley where the cries for help are coming from. He sees a young dark-skinned woman standing outside the alley, poking her head around the corner. Her attention is focused on what is going on inside the alley; she does not see Sedryn approaching from the street.

EDIT: Continuity error pointed out by Yoric fixed.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Hearing the cries for help Sedryn runs in that direction.

When Sedryn arrives he will flank the nearest thug and attack with his mace.

{OOC -
    Initiative: +1

Heavy Mace +2 (+4 if flanking) 1d8

Renewal Domain Benefit:
    If HP falls below 0 then, regain 1d8 + CHA mod (+1) 1/day}
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

12. - Top - End - #432
    Halfling in the Playground

Boris, Human Ranger/Wizard

Boris looks disquieted by his ratehr large opponent. Well might as well get this over with.

Boris girds himself for the fight.

((OOC: Boris will use combat expertise -2 attack, +2 AC during the bout. He will also avoid grappling and fight as dirty as he can.))
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

13. - Top - End - #433
    Dwarf in the Playground

**Miles continues to fight defensively**

*Miles grips his scimitar tightly, trying to calm his nerves and focus on striking the thug he wounded previously.**

[OOC: Attack same thug (-1), (1d6)]

To Aeroz over his shoulder, "I hope you are doing better than I am...I almost blacked out after that last hit. If I fall, don't worry about me...save yourself."

14. - Top - End - #434

Aeroz, Elf Expert

Aeroz will quit his defensive stance and go full out on one of the thugs.

[OOC: full attack: +3/+3, AC: 17 (18) HP:9]

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #435

Miles' scimitar flashes as he drives back one of the thugs, cutting deeply. Unfortunately, his partner takes advantage of a split second when Miles' back is turned and smashes him over the right shoulder - the shoulder almost separates, but holds.

Aeroz takes the offensive - his pair of daggers moves almost too quickly to see, but the thug has the advantage of reach and manages to fend Aeroz off with his spiked club, poking Aeroz in the ribcage.

Sedryn ignores the thug that flees the alley (moaning and bleeding profusely) and runs past the dark-skinned woman bystander without slowing his pace. Taking in the situation at a glance, Sedryn plows into one of the thugs fighting Miles. His heavy mace, backed by his running momentum, drops the thug like a sack of potatoes.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Sedryn will flank the other thug attacking Miles and attack him.

I hope that woman is not a freind of these thugs. Sedryn reflects to himself.

{OOC -

AC: 21
    HP: 23

Heavy Mace +2 (+4 if flanking) 1d8

Edit - Sent my Attack Roll, rolled a 1. Do I need to roll a fumble?

Renewal Domain Benefit:
    If HP falls below 0 then, regain 1d8 + CHA mod (+1) 1/day}
    Rodrick the Red

Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

17. - Top - End - #437

Meanwhile, back at the Mud Bowl, Boris looks around the crowd. "I wonder where everybody went?" he thinks to himself. He sees Sheyra sitting in his "corner", but as she sits there with her eyes half-closed, he can't tell whether she is concentrating on the match or if she's slipped into another meditative coma.

Boris' eyes turn back to his opponent. "Is this guy even human?" he wonders. Urgal towers over him - almost 8 ft tall. He must weigh as much as a horse. Urgal's bulk literally blocks the sun from Boris' point of view.

"Well, here goes nothing ..."

The halfling calls out, "Fight!"

Boris circles Urgal warily, bobbing, jabbing, kicking, slapping, spitting - anything it takes to keep his distance. Improbably, the strategy works. Urgal keeps trying to grab Boris, but Boris dances away and even manages to land a couple of solid counterblows.

The crowd goes wild! No one has ever gone this long in the ring with Urgal. The villagers who put money on Boris (a 5:2 longshot) are especially ecstatic - they are on their feet cheering, "Boris! Boris! Boris!"

Urgal's eyes, once filled with mocking confidence, begin to burn with rage ...

Sheyra sits crosslegged, impassive. It is impossible to tell what she is thinking.

18. - Top - End - #438

Aeroz, Elf Expert

Aeroz continues his attacks, slashing viciously at his current opponent but keeping an eye out for any counterattacks.

[OOC: Full attack +3/+3; AC 17(18); HP 6 GAH I hate that diceroller. It never gives me a remotely good roll whatsoever. Its racist man, racist against the jews!!!]

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Miles staggers after the last blow, his head groggy and his vision swimming. He manages to keep his feet through sheer determination.*

Keep your guard up, stay mobile or at least stagger like you know what you're doing...

Next round:

*Out of desperation, Miles begins using Total Defense!* (Miles switches his Dodge target to the remaining thug who is threatening him)
    {AC: 21, HP: 2}

[OOC: If practical, Miles will use a 5' step to maintain flanking for Sedryn.]

20. - Top - End - #440

Fortunes reversed in an instant, the two remaining thugs find themselves literally in a dead end. Instead of surrounding and outnumbering Aeroz and Miles four to two, the thugs are now trapped in the alley, outnumbered three to two.

Miles is badly injured, but he holds his ground. Meanwhile Aeroz, sensing a shift in fortunes, presses the attack, slashing one of the remaining thugs mercilessly with both daggers.

Sedryn is unable to get at the remaining thugs due to the narrowness of the alley, but any additional intervention is unnecessary - the two thugs drop their clubs and fall to their knees, begging for mercy.

Boris continues to bob, duck, and weave, avoiding Urgal's massive, grasping hands. Boris lands another pair of solid blows, one of which fractures Urgal's nose - blood sprays liberally down Urgal's face and onto his flabby chest. Urgal cries out in rage while the crowd goes bananas!

Unfortunately, a moment later, Boris' luck finally runs out - Urgal grabs Boris' arm, ducks underneath, and suplexes Boris into the mud. Before Boris can recover, Urgal has him in a vise-like headlock. Urgal plunges Boris face-first into the mud again and again and again and again. Urgal doesn't stop even after Boris' body goes limp.

The crowd, which had been wildly cheering, falls silent. A few whisper and mutter to each other. "He's going to kill him!" "By the gods, somebody stop him!" Urgal glares at the crowd challengingly as he continues to slam Boris into the mud; the villagers lower their eyes. The halfling averts his gaze and smirks grimly as he begins counting out coins to settle the bets.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Dwarf in the Playground

*With the thugs subdued, Miles leans heavily against the wall.*

*Miles will quickly draw his wand of Cure Light Wounds, and cast CLW on himself once.*

To Aeroz, "Aeroz, will you please search these two and feel free to be rough about it." Miles glares at the two thugs.

To Sedryn, "Sedryn, you have my sincere thanks. If you had not arrived just then, I might not have survived the fight."

22. - Top - End - #442
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Miles, Aeroz are you alright? Get these three tied up. While I find out who the woman is. If you can wait I will tend to your wounds after that." Sedryn says handing Miles and Aeroz his rope.

Sedryn turns and readies himself in case the woman attacks, saying "Alright the show's over who ever you are, who are you and what are you doing here?"
    Rodrick the Red

23. - Top - End - #443

Aeroz, Elf expert

"Thank you Miles, I beleive I will"

A wicked grin forms on Aeroz's face. He begins searching the thugs thouroughly. Every time they resist, he nicks them with his dagger. He then cuts off all of their clothes and forces them into a wall. The grin becomes even wider as he continues his sweet revenge.

"Have either of you been in a Calimport theives guild before? No? Well I have, and they are not to forgiving there. The punishments are harsh, and harsher to those outside of the guild. Normally, I would cut off your fingers, but I may choose otherwise if you tell us everthing you know about the halfling and what is going with the mud bowl."

Aeroz raises his dagger and waves it threateningly. If they dont beleive him, he will follow through with his threat and cut off their thumbss. He will also accept any help he recieves during the process

[OOC: Intimidate +0, but I think there will be a circumstance modifyer due to the fact that Aeroz is holding a blade to their throats. Ooh, I wonder what kind of XP I got off that, and if they are carrying any items of value, I will be most happy.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #444

Sheyra, Human Monk

The girl, hearing the sudden change in the crowd's behavior, snaps out of her trance and focuses on the world around her. A few moments later, the girl is on her feet, leaping into the pit as she charges at the man pummeling Boris. "Put him down right now! He's already lost, stop beating on him!" Of course, already assuming that the man will not stop his actions, the girl slows down upon entering the arena, facing the man with a normal standing stance, though her arms and legs are held loosely, prepared to roll or jump if need be. Her left hand holds the waterskin prepared earlier this day, one thumb on the cork, and her right hand dips into the mud, coming out with a large glob of it held within its grasp.

25. - Top - End - #445

Miles tend to his wounds as Aeroz ties up the two thugs. One is bleeding from several slashes inflicted during the melee.

Sedryn calls out to the dark-skinned woman he had passed at the entrance to the alley, but gets no response. He cautiously walks over to the entrance and looks up and down the street, but he sees no sign of her. Her identity will remain a mystery for now.

Aeroz begins his sadistic torture/interrogation of the thugs. When they resist talking, he cuts them more deeply and seems to be preparing to make good on his threat to cut off their thumbs.

Sedryn and Miles watch uneasily ...

Sheyra faces Urgal across the Mud Bowl. Urgal slams Boris one last time into the mud, then discards Boris like an unwanted rag doll.

The crowd holds its collective breath. The halfling begins to protest but Urgal silences him with a glare.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Rogue Cleric)

"Hey now! Aeroz there is no need for that I'm sure that these gentlemen will tell us what we what to know if we ask nicely. Miles and Aeroz you watch these two while I take this one over there to treat his wounds." Leaning over to Miles he whispers, "I need you to make sure that Aeroz doesn't harm the other two or it will ruin my spell."

Sedryn takes the most wounded conscience thug 10' from the others and binds his wounds then casts Cure Minor Wounds and then Charm Person. All the while explaining that Aeroz meant no harm he just gets a little worked up sometimes and after we clam him down everything will be fine.

After the spell is cast Sedryn ask, "Now tell me about your boss, you know the Halfling running the Mud Bowl competition."

{OOC - Sedryn uses some of the cut off clothes to bind the thug's wounds. Then cast Cure Minor Wounds (Giving up a Detect Magic) heals 1 hit point. Then casts Charm Person (DC 13). While he questions the thug he will use Sense Motive and either Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate which ever is appropriate.

Bluff +1
    Diplomacy +1
    Heal +8
    Intimidate +1
    Sense Motive +2}
    Rodrick the Red

27. - Top - End - #447
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Feeling slightly better, Miles pushes himself away from the wall toward Aeroz.*

"Aeroz, that wasn't what I had in mind. I don't agree with needless torture. Its true they assaulted us, but we gained the upper hand. Please take it easy and lets see what Sedryn has in mind. Did they have anything of value in their pockets?"

*Miles will carefully watch Aeroz. If he continues to harm the thug(s), he will attempt to intervene.*

[OOC: We may still be in a tight spot, I don't know what kind of law, if any, exists in this small town.]

28. - Top - End - #448

Aeroz and Miles keep an eye on one of the thugs while Sedryn heals the other.

As Sedryn ministers to the thug's wounds, he speaks gently and encouragingly to the thug. Soon, his gentle words have won the thug over, and he begins to talk.

The thug freely explains that "Larrec" the halfling runs the town using his "deputies" (the thugs and flunkies). Urgal acts as an "enforcer". No one dares cross the halfling out of fear of being beaten up by a gang of "deputies" or, even worse, Urgal himself.

The thug doesn't know anything about Sheyra specifically, but he did overhear the halfling tell Urgal that he would, "take care of that wench."

As the thug keeps talking, his eyes keep flickering to the end of the alley, as if expecting others to arrive any minute.

29. - Top - End - #449

Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Now that that is settled with. My equipment please. I really, really hate doing things like that. Now if you would be so kind to give it back."

Aeroz turns to where the thug was glancing.

"I dont think anyone there will provide too much help as of now..."

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #450
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Miles will wait for a response from Sedryn. If Sedryn casts a heal on Miles, great. If not, Miles will use another charge from his wand, then put it away.*

To Sedryn and Aeroz, "I suggest we re-group with your other associates. We could still have problems with more thugs while we remain in town. We will be better off in a larger group."

*Miles will wait for Sedryn and Aeroz to be ready to head back...*