New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Into the East [IC]

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"How many 'deputies' does Larrec have? What do you mean by running the town? And who are you looking for? The woman at the mouth of the alley left was she a freind of yours?" Sedryn continues the questions.

Speaking to Miles and Aeroz "Can either of you think of any questions you would like to ask?"

As the thug talks Sedryn will check Miles' wounds and cast Cure Moderate Wounds.

To Sedryn and Aeroz, "I suggest we re-group with your other associates. We could still have problems with more thugs while we remain in town. We will be better off in a larger group."
    "I agree we should stick together and take these three with us." Sedryn replies.

{OOC - Roll sent to DR. Rolled a 16}
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground

The talkative thug estimates that there are about a dozen "deputies" that "keep order" in Ingdal's Arm.

Generally the populace has been pretty docile, so the four thugs weren't expecting much of a fight from Aeroz and Miles. They aren't "looking for anyone" - they were just trying to teach Aeroz "a lesson" for cutting up their friends.

The thug doesn't know anything about a dark-skinned girl, but he mentions that the thug that fled might be able to scrape up three or four other thugs, so sticking around the alley might not be a great idea.

You have two thugs in custody, but there is a third lying unconscious on the ground.

Aeroz recovers his weapons while Sedryn heals Miles.

OOC: The two conscious thugs can walk, but will slow you down. Are you planning to heal the unconscious thug or just leave him behind?

3. - Top - End - #453

Meanwhile, back at the Mud Bowl, Sheyra and Urgal face off ...

Urgal taunts Sheyra, "Come here little girl. Urgal won't hurt you. Urgal just wants to give you a little hug!"

Sheyra reaches down and grabs a handful of mud, which she hurls at Urgal. It splats across his chest harmlessly. He laughs. "Ha! You fight like a girl!"

He reaches for her, but she dodges to the side. She continues to zig zag, just out of reach of Urgal's grasping hands, leading Urgal away from Boris' body. Then she sprays the contents of her waterskin into Urgal's face. The soapy water splashes into Urgal's eyes. He roars as if the soap were acid.

Sheyra quickly circles around Urgal and kneels beside Boris. She uses all of her strength to drag Boris to the side of the Mud Bowl where friendly spectators pull him out of the pit to safety. Meanwhile, Urgal whirls around blindly trying to locate Sherya. He swings his arms widely, hoping to catch her in his grasp.

Just before he manages to blink the soap out of his eyes, Sheyra plunges back into the pit and uses her legs in a sliding tackle, trying to bring Urgal down. Unfortunately, Urgal's legs are like tree trunks; she crashes into them, but they do not budge.

Urgal grunts happily (now that he knows where Sheyra is) and falls to one of his knees dropping almost his entire body weight onto Sheyra's extended leg. With a sickening crack, ligaments and tendons snap; Sheyra fights to suppress a scream as her leg folds sideways.

Urgal smiles, revealing black rotten teeth. Sheyra is close enough to smell the stink of his fetid breath.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aeroz, Elf Expert

Aeroz belts his two rapiers and reconceals his daggers. He then straps his crossbow to his belt.

"I think we should just leave them here. We should head back to the mud bowl. I dont think Boris did so well agains the big guy. Plus, even if he did win, we would have some money to collect. Then I need a stiff drink. All this skirmishing and stuff left me a little stressed."

Aeroz turns around and give the thug a mean glance

"The only remaining question is if we leave them, should we knock them out or just kill them? If we take them, we do need some way to restrain them."

Aeroz then cracks his neck

"Sedryn, we still need a way out of here. Perhaps you can persuade these men into giving us some aid..."
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

5. - Top - End - #455
    Dwarf in the Playground

Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

"I think we should knock them out, and get back to the mud bowl as quickly as possible. I am very much against killing them, there has already been enough bloodshed for one day."

To Sedryn, "Thank you, I feel MUCH better."

To both, "I think we may have to leave Ingdal's Arm, it is not likely to be safe after dark." Miles states with a grim expression.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Rogue Cleric)

Sedryn will check on the unconscious thug and bind his wounds if necessary, saying "I agree with Miles let's limit the blood shed if possible and I think we need to do something to free this village from the thugs that are running it. Miles is there any of the towns people that are trustworthy and ready to help stand up to the thugs? We can take these to them and have them expose Larrec."

Sedryn will lead off, suggesting that the uncharmed thug carry his unconscious friend while he keeps the charmed thug near him with Miles and Aeroz following behind.
    Rodrick the Red

Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Miles will follow Sedryn's lead, letting him call the shots while the thug is still charmed.*

[Miles will remain armed and ready, just in case. Wooden shield in off-hand, Scimitar in primary hand.]

[OOC: DR, I assume Miles has his companion, Serrah (the horse), stabled somewhere. Is it safe to assume this was relatively close to where the "Mud Bowl" was being held?]

[OOC2: Is Aeroz still badly wounded? If so I can use my Wand of CLW to save Sedryn's spells.]

8. - Top - End - #458

Sheyra slams a phoenix eye fist into Urgal's temple, stunning him briefly. She backpedals, limping, to give herself room to fight.

Urgal shakes his head to clear the cobwebs, then roars with rage and lurches toward Sheyra, spraying mud everywhere. Sheyra nimbly tumbles to the side, avoiding his charge.

Almost like a bull fighting a matador, Urgal skids to a halt, spins around, and charges again. This time, Sheyra doesn't manage to dodge to the side quickly enough, Urgal's heavy fist picks her up and sends her small body flying through the air. She lands heavily in the mud, but she rolls to her feet clutching her chest. Three ribs are cracked.

Urgal grins, sensing victory. Once again, he charges. Ignoring the pain in her leg and chest, Sheyra spins in place, planting a back kick in Urgal's gut. The power of the kick coupled with Urgal's forward momentum knocks the wind out of Urgal's sails with a satisfying "OOOF!!"

"AyiiiAAA!!!" Sheyra spins again, her heel catches Urgal in the jaw, just below his ear. He drops to the mud, out cold.

The fight is over. The cheering crowd pours into the Mud Bowl, catching Sheyra just as she is about to collapse from exhaustion and pain. A sea of hands lifts her up and passes her out of the Mud Bowl, almost reverently, then the villagers' hands lay her gently on the ground next to Boris.

The halfling, seeing which way the wind is blowing, begins to pack up his table and gold, but a half dozen citizens block his way. He looks around for his henchmen, but just then he sees the approach of Miles, Aeroz, and Sedryn with their three captive thugs. The crowd sees them arrive as well and realizes that in one fell swoop the halfling's gang has been broken. The halfling's shoulders slump and he hangs his head.

The crowd begins to cheer for Aeroz, Sedryn, and Miles as if they are returning heroes from a distant war, "Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!" The crowd parts and Aeroz, Sedryn, and Miles are led to their friends - Boris, unconscious, and Sheyra, nearly so.

The halfling, the three thugs captured by your party, and Urgal are led (or dragged) away by a crowd of villagers, and the halfling's few remaining henchmen are soon rounded up as well.

9. - Top - End - #459

Aeroz, Elf expert

"Well, I wasn't expecting a celebration. At least we dont have to worry about the halfling and his ape."

Looking at Sheyra and Boris, unconsicous on the floor, Aeroz kneels and tries to wake them up. Then he gets sedryn and Miles to work their magic on the two unconscious people.

"Hey, whatever happended to Lithandrill anyways? With him fighting as well, there was no way we could have lost that mud bowl. And may I remind you about our little "trip" to Velprintalar?"

[OOC: XP time, XP time. Its like happy hour, minus the booze and drunken karoke singers. *SHudders*]

Spoiler
    Show

JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

10. - Top - End - #460
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Sedryn seeing Miles and Sheyra hurt will tend their woounds and cast CLW on each of them.

"Praise Lathander that the town is free of the thugs." He says while tending the wounded.

{OOC -
    Roll sent:
    Sheyra - 6
    Boris - 9}
    Rodrick the Red

11. - Top - End - #461

Sheyra, Human Monk

Sheyra sighs with relief as she feels the healing magic flow through her, lessening the pain in her leg and chest. She winces slightly but goes to her feet, leaning slightly on her left leg to lessen the pain from her injuries to her right leg.

"Thanks, Sedryn." She bows slightly in thanks, then rises again as she raises a question. "...I don't suppose anyone knows what exactly is going on around here, do you? I'm a bit confused, myself..."

12. - Top - End - #462
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Miles will defer to Sedryn with regard to healing, however he is ready to assist if necessary.*

*Miles will tell Sheyra what happened in the alley and the events leading up to that encounter. He will also explain how the town was supposedly under the boot of the "thugs".*

To Sheyra, "By the way, nice work on putting that smelly pile of garbage in his place!"

[OOC: Well what do you know about that, we sorta "backed into" being the heroes of Ingdal's Arm.]

13. - Top - End - #463

Aeroz, Elf expert

"Well aparently, the halfling and Urgal were controlling this town, and being asses about it too. Me, Sedryn and Miles cleaned up most of their "enforcers". You did good kid, but come on, maybe we can get some horses now. We did make some good money, right? Right?"

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #464

The villagers celebrate enthusiastically, lauding your party as heroes.

Rungal and Berwyn graciously bow out of the competition, and everyone agrees that Sheyra deserves the 200 gp purse. They throw in an extra 300 gp from the halfling's "winnings". When they hear about your ongoing journey, two light horses are offered to your group.

Revelry continues as the sun sets and into the night. You find Lithandrill passed out in a local tavern, having imbibed a bit too much Rashemi fire wine. He mumbles that he's tired of running and just wants to be left alone. You have no choice but to oblige him.

In the morning, most of the town is pretty hungover, but Aeroz, Sedryn, Boris, and Sheyra have their minds on the journey to Velprintalar. Even with the horses, it will take half a tenday to get to the capital city. The locals tell you that the road is rough and dangerous - it has been mostly unused since the sea lanes were opened.

Perhaps a guide might be useful?

Check OOC thread for wrap up.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Dwarf in the Playground

Miles speaks to the group: "I mentioned before we got caught up in all the "festivities" here in Ingdal's Arm, that I am willing to guide the group. I am willing to lead you to the capital city, and I can be quite useful while travelling overland. I have my own horse/companion. I will leave the decision up to your group."

*Miles will retrieve Serrah from where ever she had been stabled. Since she has been cooped up, I will provide a treat for her.*

[OOC: Are we going to split up at least a portion of the gold acquired at the end?]

16. - Top - End - #466
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Miles I would be glad to have you guide us to the capitol." Sedryn says, turning to the rest of the party he continues, "What say the rest of you? I can assure he is handy in a fight."
    Rodrick the Red

17. - Top - End - #467

Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Well, you did prove that you could handle yourself back there in that skirmish. We can take you along, but you might want to watch yourself. We've attracted some unwanted company. Once we get out on the road, I'll tell you more about it. Until then, welcome aboard"

Reminding himself of the trouble they had back at the Black Bat, Aeroz will glance around to see if anyone suspicious has been following them.

[OOC: Search: +8; Spot: +2 Or the other way around. I sent you my rolls]

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #468

Sheyra, Human Monk

"Well of course you can come along. I see no problem with it, and I don't think anyone else would mind, seeing as how you helped the rest of us out with this... problem we had here in town."

(OOC: I apologize for the short post, but class is about to start...)

19. - Top - End - #469

Seeing no reason to waste any time, your party sets off for Urve (the next city to the east) at first light.

Aeroz and Sheyra claim the two light horses. Sedryn and Miles have their own mounts, and Sedryn's mule can carry some extra supplies.

You also have the 500 gp you've recently acquired.

Lithandrill remains passed out from his excesses during the festival, and is clearly in no condition to travel. Boris agrees to stay behind with Lithandrill until he recovers. If possible, both will try to catch up with the main group later.

As the four of you leave Ingdal's Arm, heading into the sunrise, the sea sparkles to your left. Soon, however, the road veers away from the sea and you find yourselves travelling through wooded wilderness.

Miles assures you that Urve is one day's hard ride away, but the road you are on has been little used of late. At one time (before the establishment of the sea lanes) the road was fairly busy, and the brush was kept cleared for one bow's shot to each side of the road. Now, however, the wilderness seems intent on reclaiming the road. You are forced to ride single file, with obscuring waist high brush brushing against your legs and the sides of your mounts.

Aeroz rides at the rear, occasionally peering intently back towards Ingdal's Arm with his sharp elven eyes. He does this for the better part of the first hour on the road until he is sure that no one has followed the four of you out of the city.

OOC: Please update your character sheets to reflect your new mounts. Also, please resolve IC how you plan to divide/share the treasure. And, finally, please establish a "marching order".

20. - Top - End - #470

Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Well, now that were a good distance away from the town I might as well tell you our predicament. Lithandrill, Sedryn and I were at a bar one night and..." Aeroz tells the tale of how he, sedryn, lithandril and a halfling who ditched them at the last minute made their way from Hlondleth to where they are now.

He takes one glance back for good measure and continues riding along.

"You know, I never thought I would find myself riding one of these. I find them quite uncomfortable."

[OOC: Well, a composite longbow or heavy crossbow has been added to my shopping list. For some reason, Aeroz has a potion of fly, which could be useful. Also I would consider getting some elven chainmail, but its a bit too expensive right now. But I do need a better ranged weapon than my current.]

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #471
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Miles would like a share of the money acquired from the town. However, since Sheyra took care of Urgal, I think she should keep the 200gp purse from the Mud Bowl.*

*Miles will take the lead after we have left the town, moving out in front of the rest of a group a bit but not out of sight. Miles suggests the "marching order" to be: Miles---------Sherya--Sedryn----Aeroz.*

[OOC: DR, Miles (with Serrah) will be riding a bit ahead of the rest in a "scouting" type role. Keeping alert for the possibility of bandits especially in places where an ambush is possible. Once per hour, Miles will dismount and take a moment to check for signs of other humanoids/monsters/etc. using Tracking (Survival +7).]

22. - Top - End - #472

As you ride, you discuss how to best divvy up the small amount of gold you've acquired.

The morning passes uneventfully.

Miles chooses a small wooded glade just off the main road where the four of you dismount and break for lunch.

OOC: Who's got food?

23. - Top - End - #473

Aeroz, Elf Expert

[OOC: I DO!!! I DO!!!]

Aeroz dismounts his horse and reaches into his backpack. He pulls out a couple slices of bread and some preservative. He then procedes to eat his lunch.

"So? What now? Boris and Lithandrill arent with us, and we need to get to Velprintalar soon. But until then, whats our course of action?"

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #474
    Dwarf in the Playground

[OOC: DR, rolls emailed to you.]

*Miles will spend a short time foraging for food, to suppliment the groups food supply.* [1st roll]

*After lunch Miles will look for signs fortelling the weather for the next couple of days.* [2nd roll]

*Miles will also do a routine check of the horses, just to be safe.*

To the group: "I think we should split the money earned from Ingdal's Arm equally. With the exception of the money from the main purse, which I feel should be Sheyra's...since she risked life and limb for it. I *strongly* disagree with just creating a shopping list, it is not an equitable way of dividing gold (cash). Sheyra and Sedryn how do you feel?"

25. - Top - End - #475
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

To the group: "I think we should split the money earned from Ingdal's Arm equally. With the exception of the money from the main purse, which I feel should be Sheyra's...since she risked life and limb for it. I *strongly* disagree with just creating a shopping list, it is not an equitable way of dividing gold (cash). Sheyra and Sedryn how do you feel?"
    "I think that is a good idea, Miles, Sheyra certainly earned the purse fighting with Urgal. Splitting the rest evenly is just." Sedryn says as he cares for his horse and mule. Then he gets out his rations and begins to eat saying, "I need to remember to buy food for the trail before setting out. Anyone need something to eat? I have some to share if needed."
    Rodrick the Red

26. - Top - End - #476

Miles bags a brace of rabbits, which will nicely supplement your provisions.

He also scans the skies and sniffs the air, then concludes that you are in for some crisp, clear days ahead - perfect for travelling.

Lunch passes uneventfully, but as everyone begins packing back up, the four of you hear faint rustling coming from the road up ahead. The sounds are far away, but approaching fast.

27. - Top - End - #477

Aeroz, Elf expert.

Finishing his lunch, Aeroz hears the faint rustling. He casually reaches for one of his rapiers, but does not draw it. Keeping his ear out for any other noises that might accompany the rustling.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #478

The rustling gets louder, and now you can hear squeaking and chittering as well. There is still no one visible on the road however.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Miles, upon hearing the chittering, will ready his Scimitar and Shield prepared for something to jump up out of the grass.*

To the group, "Prepare yourselves! It sounds like we may have attracted some scavengers."

[OOC: It looks like Aeroz is getting his wish.]

30. - Top - End - #480

Sheyra, Human Monk

Sheyra seems to ignore the rustling, concentrating on finishing what remains of her lunch. She does, however, stay alert, ready to move should any hostiles appear.

(Readied Action, on sighting of hostiles (assuming that they are indeed hostile) Sheyra will move backwards about 20 ft. to access the situation.)

(OOC: After this little situation we need to discuss the money again, I don't mind getting the 200 gp but I can't carry it, it's way too heavy for me.)