New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Into the East [IC]

Aeroz, Elf Expert

Still hidden, Aeroz draws his crossbow and loads a bolt. Taking aim and looking for a weak spot, Aeroz fires.

SH*T!!! That thing just ate Sedryn!!!

Ranged attack +5
    AC 17
    HP 12
    Sneak attack +2d6
    Nadaka's is down, so I'll use crappy racist Irony
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

2. - Top - End - #512

Sheyra, Human Monk

Eyes wide, Sheyra shakes her head in a mixture of disbelief and horror as Sedryn is swallowed whole by the monster. ...And what am I supposed to do against that? Sedryn, you better get out soon... The girl slips into her fighting stance, not moving forward though ready to move in any direction should the beast come towards her while looking around to find some way she can possibly do something without getting eaten herself... perhaps climbing on top of it?

[Readied action, will tumble away if beast comes near]
    [Spot to see if there is something she can climb nearby so that Sheyra can jump on top of the thing to pummel it. check +3]

(OOC: o_O Sedryn got eaten? Didn't see that coming...)

3. - Top - End - #513
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aeroz tries his best to judge what part of the "hill" might be a vital organ. Now that the monster is in motion, it appears to be a roiling mass of vine-like writhing tendrils with no obvious organs. His crossbow bolt sails directly into the center of the plant beast and disappears without having had any obvious effect.

Sheyra crouches, watching intently for an opening of some kind.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Dwarf in the Playground

Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

"What in the name of Chauntea is that!!!"

I wonder what that is...

*Miles will make reasonably sure he is not in melee with the creature, and cast Produce Flame.*

Next Round:

*Miles will make a ranged touch attack against the creature using the Produce Flame, dealing 1d6+3 damage.*

5. - Top - End - #515
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Arrggh!!" Sedryn cries as he is swallowed by the plant thing.

{OOC - Edit to reflect what the PC's see}
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

6. - Top - End - #516

The plant monster reaches out another tendril towards Sheyra, but she easily dodges aside. The vines whistle past her and move towards Miles.

Fire appears in Miles' hand, and he burns the green, sinuous tentacle when it comes near. The vines rear back, as if in pain, however, the black scorch marks quickly disappear, healed almost in an instant.

Current HP

Sedryn ???

7. - Top - End - #517
    Dwarf in the Playground

Next Round:

*Miles will make another attack with the Produce Flame spell. He is staying away from the creature as much as possible and still act.*

If we don't find a way to get Sedryn back soon, he is in real trouble...

8. - Top - End - #518

Two flaming arrows hiss out of nowhere and sink deep into center of the "hill". The damp vegetation almost instantly smothers the flames as the arrows vanish into the plant monster.

Sheyra continues to dodge the first tendril, but a second massive "arm" reaches out and catches Miles. Miles' hand is already wreathed in fire, and he sears the vines wrapped around his midsection. The vines sizzle, but are quickly replaced by new plant growth. Slowly and inexorably, Miles is dragged towards the "mouth" of the hill.

Aeroz fires another crossbow bolt into the plant monster from his hidden vantage point. I wonder where those flaming arrows came from ...

9. - Top - End - #519

Aeroz, Elf Expert

Where did those flaming arrows come from? ;D

Aeroz stops his firing and begins to sneak towards where the arrows came from.

ooc: move silently +6, Hide +6, Search +2 Sent you the rolls daring. Nadaka's isn't working for me for some reason. Do any of you know of any other database online dice roller?

Spoiler
    Show

JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

10. - Top - End - #520
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh crap! I'm in deep trouble!

Miles strains and shouts, "Try something blunt to smash the vines! I think acid or poison might work! HURRY!"

*Miles will attempt to cut himself loose using his scimitar...looking for a narrower spot on the vine.*

[OOC: Miles is not really trying to do damage, but I am hoping Miles can wriggle free.]

11. - Top - End - #521

Miles tries in vain to wriggle out of the tentacle's grasp. The few shallow cuts he makes with his scimitar quickly vanish as cut vines are replaced by new ones.

He is inexorably dragged closer and closer toward the plant monster's mouth ...

Aeroz leaves Sheyra to face the behemoth by herself, and instead edges his way towards the source of the flaming arrows.

He sees two travellers approaching from the direction of the road. One is a tall human cloaked in black. The other is a scruffy-looking halfling bedecked in leather and a motley collection of blues. They look back at Aeroz (who is no longer hidden behind the brush), but ignore him as they continue to try to attack the plant monster.

The halfling throws a light javelin into the roiling mass of vines. The human calmly nocks an arrow and fires it toward the behemoth's mouth. As the arrow leaves his bow, it bursts into flame, leaving a trail of smoke as it plunges into the "hill". Almost before the first arrow disappears, the archer has nocked and fired another arrow. It also bursts into flame, but it appears to have as little effect as the other arrows and the javelin did.

Just before Miles is swallowed up, he cries out, "Smash them!!! Smash them!!!" Then, like Sedryn, he disappears into the belly of the beast ...

12. - Top - End - #522

Aeroz, Elf Expert

"I'm not going to ask what you are doing here, but what in the hells is that thing? By the way, do you have a flint? Those fire arrows seem to be doing some good, and two of my freinds have been eaten as of yet."

With that, Aeroz reloads his crossbow and lets a bolt fly at the beast.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #523

The Archer
    "'Fraid I have no flint, and I also have no idea what that thing is, good to meet you, even under these circumstances." says the human as he fires another two arrows into the belly of the beast.
    Damn, it frickin' ate that guy
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

14. - Top - End - #524

OOC: Combat summary of first 5 rounds is posted in the OOC thread.

15. - Top - End - #525

The Halfling

The halfling stops a ways away froum the aggressive mound and takes up a warlike stance. He is bedecked in Leather and a motley collection of blues.
    He chants in a guttural, hissing language* and waves his arms violently about. He then flings his torso sideways, hurling his arm out straight towards the mound, and a bolt of faintly bluish, viscous liquid shoots into the thing.

He cries in a harsh voice, "What beast is this that you fight, friends?"

*For those of you knowledgeable of Draconic, it is similar to that language.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

16. - Top - End - #526

Aeroz, Elf Expert

Aeroz reloads and fires again.

"Well, I dont know, but thanks for the help. What's your name?"

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #527

Darius

"The names Darius, we were walking down the road, and we heard you so we came to check it out... I hope we're not hitting your friend in there he says as he takes out another two arrows and fires them at the monster, as he fires, before each arrow you can hear him muttering something under his breath, but its too quick and quiet for you to make it out
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

18. - Top - End - #528

The Halfling

He briefly gives Aeroz an odd, intense stare.

"Who am I? I might ask the same question of you."
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

19. - Top - End - #529

Sheyra continues to tumble and dodge the plant's tentacles, but by keeping the monster engaged, she thereby allows Aeroz and the two newcomers to continue to attack the plant monster from a distance.

Aeroz's crossbow bolt and Darius' flaming arrows streak into the "hill" and are immediately swallowed up by new plant growth.

The halfling's spell strikes the plant beast with a hiss. Leaves and tendrils immediately begin to blacken and shrivel. A smoking foot wide circle appears on the surface of the "hill". The plant's tentacles recoil and wave as if in agony.

OOC: The halfling casts Melf's acid arrow causing 7 points of damage this round. The plant also takes 5 points of heat damage internally. Sedryn suffers 4 points of heat damage and 4 points of acid damage. Miles suffers 2 points of heat damage, but casts cure light wounds on himself and heals 5 points of damage.

20. - Top - End - #530

The Halfling

The halfling immediately switched his attention back to the creature they fight, and perorms the same actions once more, finishing with a second acidic bolt flying at the creature.

[OOC]Same thing. Cast Melf's a bit to the side of the hole from the first. Can I get a bit more info on how we're arranged, please?[/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

21. - Top - End - #531

Aeroz, Elf Expert

"The name is Aeroz, and my friends are currently being eaten by that thing. I would appreciate if you would give me your name so I dont have to call you Wottworte II."

Aeroz keeps firing at the monster.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #532

Darius
    "Wotwortte? Whose that? And who is that girl down there as well, one of your eaten friends children. She seems pretty quick for a kid." he says as he draws his bow, firing another two arrows at the monster in rapid succession.
    "Damn... things having trouble dying!"
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

23. - Top - End - #533

The giant plant creature seems to become increasingly agitated. It isn't clear whether the missles and acid are beginning to take a toll on the monster, or if something else is going on ...

Without warning, the plant's "mouth" opens and two bodies are ejected, along with some other debris.

The "hill" begins to retreat, crab-like, towards the deeper woods, its tentacles flailing madly.

The two regurgitated adventurers lie still. Steam rises from one of the inert bodies.

24. - Top - End - #534

Darius
    Darius watches the strange beast retreat, wiating a bit before walking over to the bodies. "I didn't know their was two of them... are they dead?"
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

25. - Top - End - #535

The Halfling

He emits a low (for a halfling) growl.

"Garrrrrrr... I will not let this menace escape!"

He moves into the clearing, stops abruptly, and goes though the same routine of sharp movements and harsh phrases, before releasing another acidic bolt at the creature.

"Don't let it get away!"
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

26. - Top - End - #536

Aeroz, Elf expert

"Don't go after it. There is little point to it. You could do some good by helping those two."

Aeroz heads to his regurgitated friends. He begins to inspect their injuries and see if either Sedryn or Miles is in any danger of dying. [heal+2]

"And Wottworte is an old aquiantace of mine, a halfling. We got into a little trouble and ended up in jail. After we escaped, Wottworte went his own way."

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #537

Darius
    "Interesting... I'm afraid I'll be of no hope to your friends though." says Darius, checking the bodies for pulse.

Hmm, in and out of jail... I may have to be a little more careful around this group.
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

28. - Top - End - #538

The halfling's last spell misses as the plant creature retreats into the woods.

Both Miles and Sedryn lie still on the ground, covered in mucus.

Miles' eyes are open. He can blink and track with his eyes, but otherwise seems to be paralyzed. With great effort he manages to hiss between clenched teeth, "Ten ... dri ... culos ...".

Sedryn, on the other hand, lies unconscious, steaming like a poker just withdrawn from a fire. As Aeroz kneels down to check for a pulse, he almost burns his hand on Sedryn's armor, which is searingly hot.

OOC: Please keep track of any items or spells consumed. By my count, Aeroz fired 4 crossbow bolts. Darius fired 8 arrows. The halfling threw a javelin and cast 3 level 2 spells.

29. - Top - End - #539

Darius
    "Does anyone have water or a potion? I think this man is still hurting!"

Uh-oh, I hope that wasn't my arrows that're making him steam like that...
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

30. - Top - End - #540

OOC: To help clarify exactly what's been happening, I posted some additional information about the battle in the OOC thread ...