New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Into the East [IC]

The Halfling

The halfling gives a longing look at the retreating beast, but reluctantly returns to his hurt allies. Striding over, he makes a few more gestures and utters some more similar, harsh words.

When he reaches the rest of the group, he kneels a little ways from Sedryn and raises his little hands over the man's body. He starts to steam more.

[OOC]Casting prestidigitation. Using the dampen ability to wet his clothes (fire resistance 2 for them, if you care), and then using the chill ability on his armor, to reduce the temp. by 40o.[/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

2. - Top - End - #542

Sheyra runs over and begins trying to strip off Sedryn's armor as best she can. It is not clear that the halfling's spell is all that effective, but he does what he can to try to cool off the searing armor.

Meanwhile, Miles (still paralyzed) looks meaningfully at a small wand lying just inches from his outstretched fingers.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aeroz, Elf Expert

Noticing the wand miles is trying to reach, Aeroz picks it up. Examining it and trying to remember when Miles had used it on him.

If Aeroz Can remember:

Aeroz will activate the wand and try to heal Miles and Sedryn

If Aeroz can't remember:

Aeroz will hand the wand over to the halfling.

"Hey, maybe you could make this work, cause I sure cant"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

4. - Top - End - #544

The Halfling

He will continue with the cooling & dampening.

If Aeroz gives him the wand he will do any & all proper investigations into its function.
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

5. - Top - End - #545

Aeroz and the halfling fumble with the wand of cure light wounds, trying this word or that.

Eventually, by mumbling, Aeroz seems to stumble upon the correct trigger word (or at least some semblance of the correct sound), and manages to dole out some healing to Miles and Sedryn.

Sedryn's metal armor cools rapidly, back to normal. With another "dose" from the wand, Sedryn regains consciousness. It is another minute or two, however, before the tendriculos paralysis wears off.

OOC: Three charges from Miles' wand are consumed.

6. - Top - End - #546

Darius
    "Good to meet you, even if under these odd circumstances. The name's Darius."
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

7. - Top - End - #547
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

After Sedryn recovers from the paralisys he turns to Aeroz and says "Thanks for healing me." Then kneeling facing east begins to pray, "Lathandar thank you for your aide in the belly of the plant creature. Now please heal your humble servant, that he may continue to spread your light in the world."

Looking better Sedryn turns to the party saying "I knew that heating my armor was going to hurt, but I did not think it would be THAT bad. Anyone else need help?"

Noticing the new faces Sedryn intorduces himself saying, "Greetings, I am Sedryn a priest of Lathandar sent by my Abbot to 'Travel toward moring and seek my fate.' Whatever that means, cryptic Abbots."

{OOC - Sedryn casts Cure Moderate Wounds on himself, healing 17 points (roll sent). How many HP of healing did Sedryn get from Aeroz and the wand?}
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

8. - Top - End - #548

The Halfling

"Hello, Sedryn, I am Achkby."

Achkby

Achkby extends a hand to the intrepid meal.
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

9. - Top - End - #549

With the end of the combat, Sheyra sits down cross-legged and begins another deep meditation, leaving the five of you to make your introductions.

The debris regurgitated along with Miles and Sedryn appears to mostly consist of tiny bones (presumably representing rats who were unable to escape the clutches of the plant creature). A glint of metal or two, however, catches Aeroz's eye.

OOC: Sedryn is healed back up to 19 hp. Miles is back up to 5 hp.

10. - Top - End - #550

Aeroz, Elf expert

Aeroz goes to the source of the glint of metal to see what it is. He picks it up and begins to examine it.

Spoiler
    Show

JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

11. - Top - End - #551
    Dwarf in the Playground

Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

To our new friends, "My thanks for you help, we were sorely in need of it. My name is Miles D'Arcy, humble guide and Druid of Chauntea."

To Sedryn, "I would appreciate one additional healing spell if you can manage it."

[OOC: Sorry for the lack of posts from me, working 12-hour days this week. I will do my best to post in the evenings. Things should be back to normal soon.]

12. - Top - End - #552
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Well met Darius and Achkby, thank you for your aide and welcome to our group." Sedryn greets the newcomers taking Achby's hand and shaking it firmly.

"Miles, I do have some spells left." Sedryn says as he goes over to Miles and chants, " 'Lathandar bless us with your healing that we might fight the darkness.' There that should be better."

{OOC - Sedryn casts 2 CLW one healing 9 points and one healing 10 points. Rolls sent to Daring Rogue}
    Rodrick the Red

Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

13. - Top - End - #553

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

"Thank you, Sedryn"

As Sedryn heals Miles, Achkby stands awkwardly to one side and glances around uneasily.

After an few uneasy moments, he says, "So... umm... where are you, ah, headed?"
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

14. - Top - End - #554
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Right now we are headed to Velprintalar, to see the sights of the capitol city." Sedryn replies

"Miles is there a good place to camp close? I think we should camp soon and recover from our adventure." Sedryn says as he wanders over to check out the ruins.
    Rodrick the Red

15. - Top - End - #555

With more than half of the day gone, Urve is probably too far to reach by nightfall. Darius and Achkby are invited to stay if they want to.

With the rats and tendriculos driven away, the ruins of the inn seem like a relatively defensible place to make camp. It is said that animals and creatures of all kinds tend to avoid any area touched by a tendriculos. Judging by how difficult it is to coerce your mounts into staying within the ruined inn's walls, the legend likely has some basis in fact.

Miles scouts out the surrounding area, while Sedryn explores within ruins. The walls are irregular, having crumbled ages ago, but on average it still stands about 6 ft tall.

Sheyra meditates while Aeroz pokes around cautiously into the debris regurgitated by the tendriculos. There are many bones of small rodents, but there are also a few large bones, including some that might be humanoid. There are also some metal items - assorted coins (primarily copper and silver), some buttons, an ornate belt buckle, and a bracelet.

As evening approaches, everyone gathers for a light supper.

OOC: Please outline your plans for tonight (watch shifts, sleep, meditation, etc.). Unless otherwise specified, I will assume that heavy armor will be removed in order to sleep.

16. - Top - End - #556

Aeroz, Elf Expert

Aeroz scoops up the bracelet and the coins before heading to dinner.

"Hey, can any of you find out of if this bracelet has any value other than being a bracelet?"

ooc: Aeroz will take first watch, considering that he needs the least sleep out of everyone. If anyone can detect any magic within the bracelet, Aeroz will wait till morning until he goes into further investigation. Now, thats about it untill I think of something else.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #557
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Miles will offer to take first watch with Aeroz.*

To the group, "I suggest Sheyra and Darius take second watch and Sedryn and Jim take third. I think this way it will give the spellcaster the required amount of rest to regenerate spells."

"If anyone is short on food, let me know and I will see if I can find more."

18. - Top - End - #558
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Aeroz scoops up the bracelet and the coins before heading to dinner.

"Hey, can any of you find out of if this bracelet has any value other than being a bracelet?"
    "Aeroz bring the treasures over here and will look at them." Sedryn calls.

Sedryn casts Detect Magic and examines the bracelet then scans the rest of the remains from inside the tendriculos looking for any magic aura. If any are found Sedryn share the information with the party.

"I will be happy to take third watch. For some reason, I always enjoy sunrise." Sedryn says as he removes his armor and prepares his bedroll and placing his shield within easy reach if he needs it in a hurry. Then he grooms his horse and mule, eats some of his rations, quietly prays for a while, casts Cure Light Wounds on himself and goes to sleep.

Upon being awaken for his watch Sedryn will don his armor and stand his watch.

{OOC - Sedryn's CLW results sent to DR, result 5}
    Rodrick the Red

19. - Top - End - #559

Sedryn studies the bracelet carefully. It is a simple silver band, tarnished (presumably from the stomach acid of the tendriculos).

As he focuses on the bracelet, he senses a faint aura of evocation magic. As he continues to examine the object, he notices faint letters inscribed around the circumference of the bracelet:

- A X E L A K A -.

The assorted coins are 20 cp and 13 sp.

The night is clear and quiet. The stars shine brightly and there is a gentle breeze.

The first watch is uneventful, as is the second.

However, just as Sedryn and Achkby are being awakened for their shift by Sheyra and Darius, Sheyra points out a faint moving light in the deep woods, perhaps a few hundred yards away.

"What is that?" she wonders.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"I think we should wake the others quietly and prepare a surprise for who or what ever is out there." Sedryn says as he readies his shield and mace.
    Rodrick the Red

21. - Top - End - #561

Darius
    Darius takes out his bow and brings his hand to his quiver, he shakes the sleepers, waking them up and pointing in the direction of the light.
    "Let's go check it out." he whispers.
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

22. - Top - End - #562
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Miles rises from his blankets groggy, peering in the direction of the lights and rubbing his eyes.*

To the group, "I think we should be cautious. I for one can't see well in the dark. We could stumble into something like "Tendriculos"...or worse..."

*Miles will quickly ready himself and his gear.*

23. - Top - End - #563

Once everyone is awake, each of you slips out over the ruined walls and creeps carefully toward the mysterious source of light. Only Sheyra remains behind to guard the encampment and your gear.

Aeroz takes the lead, with his excellent night vision, and the rest of you spread out somewhat behind and to the side. You make your way through scrub brush and around small trees toward the light.

After what seems like an hour (but is likely only 10 minutes), Aeroz hisses and signals for everyone to drop down. Even those of you without low-light vision can see a small campfire burning in a small clearing only 60 ft away from your position.

A silhouetted humanoid is sitting by the fire shivering and trying to get warm. It looks like the humanoid is trying to get the fire going using only small wet sticks. The fire is very smoky and seems to be on the verge of going out. The humanoid blows desperately on the fire to try to keep it going. He or she seems completely unaware of your nearby presence.

Aeroz is able to see that the humanoid is a human male. He appears to be completely naked.

24. - Top - End - #564

Aeroz, Elf Expert

ooc: Aeroz Did take the bracelet after Sedryn Examined it

"Hey, who are you?"

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #565
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Sedryn moves forward to greet the humaniod.

"Greetings fellow traveler, be at peace we mean you no harm. We are traveling this road and are camped near by, tell us your story of how you came here and how you got into your present state." Sedryn calmly says.

If he appears to be about to attack Sedryn will cast Charm Person.

{OOC - If Aeroz wanted the bracelet, Sedryn gave it to him.}
    Rodrick the Red

26. - Top - End - #566

[Achkby argued about not having a watch, saying he was quite capable, but eventually conceeded that he did indeed need the sleep to prepare spells in the morning. He was also wary of sleeping so near to a plant mound monster.]

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Achkby hisses some more guttural phrases and with a few sharp gestures throws a glow over the stranger. He then stands up and comes out after Sedryn.

[OOC]Oh, um, right, Casting Dancing Lights.[/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

27. - Top - End - #567

The human leaps up and spins around, startled. The dancing lights flood the clearing with illumination, both partially blinding the man, and prompting him to try to cover up his privates with his hands.

As he stands and spins, he accidentally kicks dirt onto his sputtering fire. It dies instantly.

He cowers before you, clearly scared to death, "Please! Please, don't hurt me!"

In the light from Achkby's spell, you can see that the man is not just completely nude, he has also seems to be badly injured - his arms, legs, and face appear to have been scratched by thorns, and his back and torso are covered with red, angry burns - very similar to those that had been inflicted on Miles and Sedryn by the acid in the tendriculos' stomach.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Easy my good man. We mean you no harm. I am a priest of Lathandar, come with us and we will provide food, shelter and clothing, while you give us your story. I will also tend your wounds, but if fear there is little I can do until morning." Sedryn says in a comforting tone of voice.

Sedryn hooks his mace to his belt and motions for the man to come back to the camp.
    Rodrick the Red

29. - Top - End - #569

"Are you sure we can trust him?" Darius whispers to Sedryn. "I know he seems like a good enough guy, but I'm still a bit freaked out... I'll be keeping an eye on him." Darius then speaks up loud enough for everyone to hear him, "Yes, come with us, if anything, you could use some clothes...". Darius prepares to attempt to grapple the man if he does anything stupid.
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

30. - Top - End - #570
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"No, I am not sure we can trust him but we have little choice, we can't leave him like this." Sedryn whispers back.

Once back at camp Sedryn will examine and treat his wounds. Gives him some food and asks, "Who has some colthes?"

{OOC - During the exam Sedryn will try to determine the nature of his wounds. Are they acid burns or fire burns?

Healing +8
    Rolls emailed

Determine injuries 17
    Heal injuries 14.}
    Rodrick the Red