Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 1010
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    Once the light returns Sedryn examines his patient. "Are you alright?", he asks.

    Heavy footsteps pound the pavement outside and you hear someone passing by on the street exclaim, "The Emerald Guard!" The footsteps stop abruptly, with a jangle of armor and weapons, outside of the tavern and a voice barks, "Throw down your weapons and come out quietly!"
    Once Sedryn is sure the man is stable, he places his weapons at the table he left, walks to the door and shouts, "I am Sedryn priest of Lathander, I am coming out unarmed, I am tending a wounded man so be quick about your questions."

    {OOC - Heal check ( +8 )on the wounded man, if he needs more healing Sedryn will cast CLW}
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    Aeroz angrily whispers"Keep quiet! If that witch has allies coming here you dont want to alet them of our presence. Sedryn, was it? Aeroz is the name."

    *stands up and loads his crossbow, preparing for a fight from the oncoming people*
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn's "patient" is stable but barely conscious, mumbling, "... the kris... the kris..."

    The voice from outside gives an ultimatum, "You have 15 seconds before I start sending in men! One... two... three..."

    The barkeep is the first out the door. With his hands raised, he exits crying, "Don't shoot! Don't shoot!"


  4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    *Lithandrill walks outside with his sheet in his hand*

    "Ah the guards, never there when you need them. Hiowever they always waste your time afterwards.
    Friends, I must disapoint you the criminal already got away, but thanks to our servant of the morning god she did not suceed in her mission. Now thats out of the way I asume we are free to go?"

    *Lithandrill puts up a roqueish grin and readies to attack anyone who goes hostile on him.*

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Over there!

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Wottworte, Halfling Expert

    *Wottworte rolls his eyes as he hears Lithandril's statement outside.*

    Damned human. Needs to know when to fight and when to lay low.

    *Wottworte follows Lithandril and the barkeep outside, his hands in the air. His loud voice can easily be heard inside the bar as he steps out.*

    "All right, mon. We got nuffin' to hide. Do whatcha must, but we ain't did nuffin' wot needs concealin' from the law."
    \"Family man\" is a template that can be added to any male humanoid. He gains the subtype \"Tool.\"

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    "Aeroz, if she had allies they will be gone. She got what she came for, although she would have probably preferred to kill the old man to keep him from talking." says Sedryn as he joins the others outside to talk with the guard.

    Sedryn addressing the guard, "May I return to my patient? He is stable for now but still needs my care."
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    *Goes over to Sedryns "patient" and retrieves the dagger.*

    "The kris, right?" He asks in an impatient voice " is this the kris?"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill, Wottworte, and Sedryn face more than a dozen soldiers in half-plate armor.

    Six are aiming heavy crossbows. Six others carry lanterns and bared longswords. Three additional men have helmet crests signifying that they are officers; the one with the most elaborate crest is apparently the captain leading the group. All are wearing the deep green livery of the queen's guard; golden embroidered serpents on their tunics glitter in the lantern light.

    The captain asks the barkeep, "Is that all of them?"

    "M'lord, I believe there is still one inside, plus a bald man in a yellow robe. The man in yellow is injured as the priest indicated."

    The captain's eyes narrow, then he turns to one of his officers, "Bring out the ambassador's aide. Kill the other one if he resists."

    One of the lieutenants leads four soldiers (two with heavy crossbows, two with longswords) into the tavern.

    ...

    Aeroz finds no dagger. The wounded man lies with his eyes closed, still mumbling, "the kris... the kris..."

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    "Whats all this about?"

    *stands up to face the guards.*

    "He was saying something about a Kris."
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The soldiers unceremoniously disarm Aeroz and escort him outside. Two of them carry out the wounded man and lay him next to the captain. "He lives, sir."

    The captain frowns when the lieutenant shows him Aeroz's rapier, which still has some blood on it.

    "What happened here?" he demands.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz

    "The man came running in here screaming we need more light. Then some woman walks into here, casts some darkness spell, and attacks this guy. I managed to land a hit on her before she left. Then he starts mumbling about some kris"

    A quizical look crosses his face.

    "...What? You think I killed him?"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    *Lithandrill shakes his head*

    "I assume you are the captain of these guards, sir?
    Well me and my fellow patrons where making ready to leave at this late hour. When suddenly an injured man, closely followed by a woman, enters. The woman must have been some arcane witch since she made our surroundings totally dark in which the woman was able to escape with whatever she came for. It all happened in mere moment if you had showed up a minuted earlier than you did you might have been able to catch her."

    *All the time Lithandrill keeps grinning it the guards.*

    "I see that you lads wear half plates. A bad choice if I might say so, more cumbersome than the full plate, yet it offers less protection. Now Captain if you see no more reason to detain me, I would like to be on my way."

    *Suddenly Lithandrill turns to the elf*

    "Why Master Elf if you managed to land a hit, wouldn't there be some kind of trail of blood that these gaurds might be able to follow?"

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    "That man is badly injured had needs care and rest! You should not have moved him." Sedryn exclaims. Sedryn moves to the mans side to see if he needs any care.

    Addressing the Captain Sedryn says, "This man drew a serpentine dagger, saying 'she moves in the shadows.' then the woman appeared cast darkness and attacked the man. I rushed to his side and cast a healing spell. Before I could reach him the woman picked something up and then fled. I assume it is the Kris he is mumbling about."

    "Why Master Elf if you managed to land a hit, wouldn't there be some kind of trail of blood that these gaurds might be able to follow?"
    "That is a good thought Captain maybe you should check it out while I finish treating my patient." remarks Sedryn.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    *overhearing the remark, Aeroz shouts out "Perhaps she bandaged it up, or her clothing absorbed most of the blood. Use some common sense, its not like she attacked while in the nude!!!"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    *Lithandrill casts a disdainfull look to Aeroz*

    "And you know how? If you take into account that it was completely dark it might have been possible, and by no acount you have the evidence to rule out the possibilty"

    *He turns his back on the elf and mutters*

    "You don't have to shout arrogant ((ENTER FOUL LANGUAGE HERE. JEEZ THIS A BOARD FOR BABiES?))"

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    "Ok smart guy, we'll see who's right. *Do you see any blood outside?"

    An idea occurs to him.

    "The blood on my rapier, is there any spell that could find who the blood came from?

    [OOC: Dennis Leary does not exist in the in game universe, I suggest you modify your post]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The captain watches as Lithandrill and Aeroz argue.

    A litter is brought to the site, and the man in the yellow robe is carried away.

    The captain questions the barkeep, who gesticulates and points to each of you as he tells his story. You can not hear what he says exactly. The captain listens without interrupting, then dismisses the barkeep curtly. The man bows repeatedly as he backs away. He enters his tavern, then closes and locks the door.

    The captain turns to you. "You four will come with us. Witches out of the shadows you say? Under normal circumstances I would not have lent credence to such tales, but there has been much death this night, so I suppose a "shadow witch" is as plausible an explanation as any other. The Inquisitor will want to speak to you himself, I am sure."

    To one lieutenant he orders, "Secure the area. An Investigator will be here shortly."

    He and the rest of his troop escorts you toward the center of the city.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Over there!

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Wottworte, Halfling Expert Extraordinaire!

    Well, mon, that certainly don't sound no good...

    *Wottworte doesn't put up a fight as he escorted into town. His ears perk up at the mention of the "shadow witch," and he looks up at the apparent leader of the guards.*

    "Eh, mon... much death tonight, ya say? Wouldja mind tellin' a bit more? I be wonderin' if'n I kin be some help to ya..."
    \"Family man\" is a template that can be added to any male humanoid. He gains the subtype \"Tool.\"

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    *Aeroz reluctantly follows the guards*

    "Too fast to be a witch, by my reconing. An assasin maybe..."
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The captain shrugs off any attempts at conversation.

    As you head deeper into the heart of the city, the architecture changes. More and more buildings are made of the renowned green marble that Hlondeth is famous for. Intricate carvings of snakes decorate the walls, and serpentine statues line the rooftops, acting as gargoyles/waterspouts.

    You are headed toward the Emerald Citadel, home of the Queen. The serpentine motifs remind you that the Queen is rumored to be half yuan ti. It seemed ridiculous when you first heard it, but now begins to almost seem plausible.

    You pass through the Inner Gates, but instead of heading into the Citadel, the captain turns left and takes you into a large two story marble building.

    You are escorted to a bare room and you are instructed to wait until you are called for. The captain closes the only door to the room behind him, and you hear a key turn in the lock.

    You have all of your possessions except for your weapons, which were carried by one of the soldiers and have presumably been deposited somewhere in the building.

    Looking around the room, you see four green marble walls. Four glowing stones set into the ceiling provide the only light in the room. There is no furniture. The only door is made of reinforced oak. A small window set in the door is shuttered from the outside.



  21. - Top - End - #51
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz,Elf Expert

    "Well then, a fine mess I've gotten myself into..."

    *mutters to himself the names of his cell mates. He then takes out a silver peice and begins to flip it and catch it, repeatedly. He looks around

    "first one who calls it right gets the coin"

    *flips it*
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    Sedryn seeing that the man is being cared for follows the guard without complaint.

    Upon reaching the holding area will kneel toward the east and meditate until called.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Over there!

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Wottworte, Halfling Expert Extraordinaire!

    *Wottworte finds the most comfortable place to sit and takes it, leaning back and resting his head against his arms. He removes his thief's tools from his pack and begins fiddling with them nonchalantly. He looks up nonchalantly toward Aeroz as he flips the coin.*

    "Heads."
    \"Family man\" is a template that can be added to any male humanoid. He gains the subtype \"Tool.\"

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    *Lithandrill sighs and sits againsts the wall and tries to meditate a little*

    They better not lose my Father's sword

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    As the coin falls, Aeroz catches it. he looks at the coin

    "Sorry, Tails. I keep the coin" He laughs a little "better luck next time"

    he pockets the coin and props himself up against a wall. He nods off.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    ((OOC: What happens to our mounts? I am guessing that they where left at the tavern?))

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    An hour or two passes, and Wottworte is seriously considering breaking out of the "waiting room" when you finally hear footsteps approach.

    "I would like to talk to the suspects."

    "Of course, my lord."

    Keys rattle in the lock and the door opens. Instead of a squad of soldiers, a pale, gaunt figure wearing a green cloak and carrying a small wooden stool steps into the room. Before the door closes and is locked again, you catch a glimpse of two members of the Emerald Guard who have been silently guarding your door (and possibly eavesdropping) the entire time.

    The man in green looks the four of you over for a few moments before speaking.

    "I am Prozen, one of the Queen's Investigators. I will require a statement from each of you regarding your involvement in the attack on the Thayan ambassador and her retinue this evening..."

    He reaches into his cloak as he speaks and takes out some parchment and a quill. He then takes a seat on the stool.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    *Lithandrill eyes the man who just came in but decides to let his "cell mates" do the talking.*

    I don't like these people, they are all so smug of themselfs while they couldn't even lift my sword let alone my armor. Oh well if you forget about that they are nice enough I guess. *Oh wait........didn't he asked for each of our statements? ....I think he did....

    *Suddenly Lithandrill jumps up.*

    "WHAT?! That guy was a Thayan? *As in Thay?! As in red wizards?! Damn......I don't like where this is going, the cleric saved the life of some Thayan Minister......great"

    *Shaking his head Lithandrill turns to the "lord" and repeats the statement he gave to the guards.*


  29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    Sedryn bow to the the Queen's Investigator saying, "Prozen, I am Sedryn, priest of Lythander. We were all relaxing in the pub each minding their own toughts when the man, the Thayan, burst in, wounded saying 'More light we need more light.' He was excited and agitated. One of the others at the tavern tried to bandage his arm and was brushed off, while the Thayan added wood to the fire. I got out my everburning torch and light my lantern hoping more light would calm him so we could understand what his problem was. Mumbling something about having no choice, he drew a serpentine dagger, saying 'she moves in the shadows.' then a woman came into the tavern, cast darkness and attacked the man. I rushed to his side and cast a healing spell. Before I could reach him the woman picked something up and then fled. I assume it is the Kris he was mumbling about. As the woman fled one of the others wounded her as she went through the door. Before we could follow the guards called for our surrender. I would appreicate an explanation of why we are here and what is going on."
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Prozen continues to write as you each tell your version of the incident in the bar, occasionally asking questions to clarify one point or another.

    As he does so, however, he allows one sheet of parchment to fall to the ground in front of you. Since you take turns speaking, each of you gets a chance to read the message:


    You are in grave danger.

    The Thayan ambassador has been assassinated along with most of her retinue, and a valuable artifact has been stolen. The ambassador was under the protection of the Emerald Guard at the time of her death. There will be a call for the guilty to be found and punished quickly.

    You will no doubt be accused of these murders and will likely be executed within three days (after the formality of a quick "trial").

    The ambassador's aide who survived the attack would likely have corroborated your story. Unfortunately, he has apparently died unexpectedly of "complications" while in the custody of the Emerald Guard.

    There are powerful forces that oppose any rapprochement between Hlondeth and Thay. Clearly, one of them is behind this act. Apparently, the Emerald Guard has been compromised as well.

    The Queen can not act openly against the Guard, but she can facilitate your escape before you are executed. In return, she requests your assistance in tracking down the true assassins. Once the true assassins are brought to light, perhaps the traitors within the Inner City can be identified as well.

    It is not much of a choice. Life in secret service to the Queen, or death. If you agree to the terms above, nod your head.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •