New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Into the East [IC]

Trembling, the man accepts your offers of aid. Someone passes him a cloak, which he uses to cover himself.

Sedryn had enough time, however, to observe the stranger's wounds closely. They appear to be chemical or acid burns, rather than damage from actual flames.

When you return to your camp at the ruined inn, Sheyra offers him some food, which he greedily downs.

Once he has warmed up a bit and eaten, he seems to calm down a bit and begins trying to explain what happened to him. He is a young man, perhaps about 21 years old, lanky and pockmarked from acne.

"I am Corwyn of Urve. I wish I could tell you how I ended up in the woods like this, but I honestly don't know. I was hunting for rabbit in the Yuirwood, checking my traps ... I got a leg tangled up in some vines, I think ..."

His brow furrows as he tries to remember what happened next, then shakes his head, frustrated.

"Next thing I know, I'm lying naked in the middle of a clearing, nearly freezing to death. I tried to make a fire using some sticks, but it wasn't going very well. I'm not sure I would have survived the night if you hadn't rescued me!"

When Sedryn points out his burns, he looks surprised to see them.

"I hadn't even noticed! What in the lands happened to me?"

2. - Top - End - #572
    Dwarf in the Playground

Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

*Miles will stand behind Sedryn while he examines the stranger. Miles will be ready to act if Sedryn is attacked or harmed in any way.*

To Sedryn, "Sedryn, I still have one small healing spell left for today. Let me know if you want me to use it on this man."

[OOC: After Sedryn is done examining the man, and if Miles thinks there is no danger he will cast Cure Light Wounds.]

3. - Top - End - #573
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Corwyn where is Urve and the Yuirwood? We are new in the area and do not know the local places. What is your position in Urve?" Sedryn continues the questions.

{OOC - How wounded is he? Do I tell Miles to cast his spell?}

Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

4. - Top - End - #574

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

While the others talk and associate with the man, Achkby moves into the clearing and scans the area with his spel. While he has never really known what one should look for in a situation such as this (or, for that matter, any other unexpected situation), he has some natural aptitude for searching and getting by in the wild. Assuming nothing untoward is discovered, he'll return with the rest of the group and stand by as they interrogate and administer aid to the man.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

5. - Top - End - #575
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aeroz, Elf Expert

Aeroz moves to a spot where there is little in the way. He dons the bracelet.

"Uhhh...Axelaka?"

Aeroz winces and hopes for the best.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

6. - Top - End - #576

Achkby surreptitiously examines the clearing by the light of the full moon and the dancing lights. He finds nothing remarkable, except for Corwyn's pitiful attempt at making a fire using just a couple of sticks.

Sedryn judges that Corwyn is indeed in need of healing, though Corwyn himself seems almost unaware of his injuries, perhaps out of shock and disorientation. Sheyra takes on almost a motherly role, despite the fact that she is his junior by several years.

Corwyn appear to be a simple commoner. He lives in one of the poorer sections of Urve and makes a meager living as a trapper. Most villagers are wary of the dangers of the Yuirwood, but necessity forced Corwyn to take deeper and deeper forays into the dark woods.

Aeroz sits by himself some distance away from the others fiddling with the bracelet. He closes one eye and turns away as he intones, "Axelaka!" Nothing happens ...

7. - Top - End - #577

Darius
    "So are you heading back to Urve? That's on the way for me and Achkby. I''m heading in that direction, although I'm not sure where everyone else is going." Darius says, a little hesitantly. "Maybe you could come with us"

(OOC: Maps are life-savers, aren't they?)
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

8. - Top - End - #578

Those two maps show the Yuirwood at very different distances from Vcapital, whatever it's called.

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

The halfling looks up at the mention of his name, but doesn't say anything. He moves in closer to the conversation.
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

9. - Top - End - #579

In between bites of bread, Corwyn indicates that he would very much like to return to Urve. He seems ravenous and eats two rations worth of food.

He gratefully accepts Sedryn's healing, then lies down, wrapped in the borrowed cloak, and sinks into a deep slumber.

OOC: @HempRope - The second map is a bit zoomed in and shows more detail, but otherwise is exactly the same as the first. Right now, you are camped about 2/3 of the way from Ingdal's Arm to Urve.

10. - Top - End - #580

Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Well, what do we do with him? We need to get to Velprintalar very soon. Also, I think I'll keep this little charm. It may come in handy as soon as I figure out how it works."

Aeroz speaks a few more words: Axel, Lexa, Aka Lexa and that sort of stuff.

[OOc: So, we rested. XPXPXPXPXPXPXP

Spoiler
    Show

JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

11. - Top - End - #581

Darius
    "So, you're headed to Velprintar? Do you live there? I live in Corth... well, I sort of live there... it's on the way if you don't mind having us around for a bit. Should we bring this guy with us, or just point him in the right direction? Darius says.
    Then he pulls Achkby aside for a moment and whispers to them. "I don't think they live in Velprintar, earlier Aeroz was saying something about them and his halfling friend getting in trouble with the law... they seem nice enough, but still... we should be careful."
    He then walks over to the rest of the party with a smile. "Nice night isn't it? Should any of us be on guard duty tonight?
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

12. - Top - End - #582

There are only a few more hours left until sunrise. Most everyone has had enough sleep to get by, but there is a little time left for meditation or study for those who require it.

As Aeroz plays with the silver bracelet, he tries pronouncing various combinations of the letters in the inscription. Without warning, his feet rise a few inches off of the ground, and he finds himself drifting lazily about the campsite.

13. - Top - End - #583

Achkby, HAlfling Sorcerer
    Quote Originally Posted by Daring Rogue
    Without warning, his feet rise a few inches off of the ground, and he finds himself drifting lazily about the campsite.
    Achkby immediately leaps to his feet, and cries, "My God, man! What is going on!?"
    He takes up some sort of odd fighting stance, and his eyes dart around.
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

14. - Top - End - #584

Aeroz, Elf expert

"Whoaaaa!!! I though evocation was blasting stuff? It appears I'm floating Sedryn so did you make a mistake?"

Aeroz tries to control his flight/float/levitation by shifing his weight and willing himself place to place.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #585
    Dwarf in the Playground

Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

*Miles watches Aeroz with casual interest. He wonders if the braclet might be a convenient tool for spotting things further away.*

To the group, "If no one needs me, I am going to rest for a while longer so I can regain my spells at dawn."

*Miles will estimate how long it will take to reach Urve tomorrow.*

[OOC: DR, I am assuming that Miles cast CLW even though I didn't see a specific roll made for it.]

16. - Top - End - #586

After a minute or two of experimentation, Aeroz finds himself able to control his altitude as he drifts slowly upward and downward. After a few minutes, however, the magic wears off and he gently descends to the ground.

Sedryn looks chagrined at having mis-identified the magical aura of the bracelet the first time around, but fortunately no harm was done.

Miles estimates that it will take about 4 hours to reach Urve in the morning. He then closes his eyes to rest up until sunrise.

As dawn breaks, Sheyra rekindles the fire in preparation for a light breakfast.

Corwyn awakens ravenous again, but as he eats another double set of rations, he begins to look uncomfortable. He clutches his stomach and leans over gagging. He retches twice, and vomits on the ground. Always observant, Aeroz spots a glint of gold in the emesis.

17. - Top - End - #587

Aeroz, Elf Expert

Eww, gross

Casually drawing a rapier, Aeroz pokes in the vomit, trying to hook the glint of gold onto the finely crafted blade. If he does not have any luck, he will try and drag it out with his boot.

"Well, the bracelet was an interesting experience. This could be a useful little trinket. Now, lets see what's in this pile of spew..."

[ooc: Just for reference, what do I call the bracelet for the sake of my inventory. I'm going with bracelet of floatyness.]

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #588

Aeroz picks up the gold item with the tip of his rapier.

I appears to be a gold signet ring. As Aeroz looks closer, he recognizes it as one of the rings given to your group by Prozen.

OOC: @Frojoe - Bracelet of levitation.

19. - Top - End - #589

Achkby also slept. And meditated for all spells minus 1 0-lv.

I will be away from tomorrow morning until Sunday night. I apologize for the short notice.
    Play me if you will, but I'd rather Achkby doesn't die.

I weep with Detroit this night. :'(
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

20. - Top - End - #590

Darius slept as well. "Disgusting..." he says. "Why are you sifting through his vomit?" he says to Aeroz
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

21. - Top - End - #591

Aeroz, Elf Expert

"This is the reason"

Aeroz shows the ring his finger, and the other ring on his rapier.

"They are the same, and I have a sneaking suspicion we havent been told everything."

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #592

Darius
    "Hmm? I'm getting confused..." Darius says, taking a few steps back from Aeroz and Corwyn. "What you mean, we haven't been told everything? Is this man working with you? What is going on?"
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

23. - Top - End - #593

Aeroz, Elf Expert

Aeroz wipes the ring on the ground and pockets it. He does the same for his rapier.

"No, I have never met this man in my life. I see you dont trust me, with good reason. The ring I have was given to me by a man named Prozen. Me, Wottworte, Sedryn and another man by the name of Lithandril were in Hlondleth when we were framed for a murder. Prozen, who was working for the queen I suspect, snuck us out of jail and put us on a ship to Venprintalar to track down the true assasin. We had to get off a little early because of Sheyra. Miles met us in Indgals Arms and offered to guide us to Velprintalar. Now, what is your story, now that I have told you ours?"

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #594

Darius
    "My story... sadly, has ended. I suppose yours continues as we speak, since you are headed to Velprintar, but my brother was... that's besides the point, actually. Anyway, I lived in a very small village, you would never have heard of it though. Invaders came from eastern lands and burned it, but my brother and I escaped. We... split up and I came to Ingdal's Arm to replenish my supplies after a trek through the Yuirwood, I met Achkby in a tavern there, and we watched the events that took place at the mud bowl. We set off on the path to Corth, and heard your battle with that Tendriculous thing, so we decided to help... that's pretty much it."

(OOC: Damn, what a long post!)
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

25. - Top - End - #595

Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Mud bowl, eh? The girl, Sheyra placed 4th. She got drugged actually. I helped unravel that and get Urgal out of town."

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #596

Darius
    "Yes, I recognized you a little... So this man also works for Prozen?"
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

27. - Top - End - #597

Aeroz, Elf Expert

"I wouldn't know. It is worth investegating once I get a chance."

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #598
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Sedryn will arm himself and meditate for his spells.

"Aeroz, I beleive that ring may be mine. The one I had is missing and I was so intent on treating him that he could have swiped it and I would have never known." Sedryn says, then turns and addresses Corwyn, "Ok, time to tell the truth this time or we leave you here as we found you. I don't like people stealing from me while I am helping them."

{OOC - Sorry about not posting, life and work have been pretty busy.}
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

29. - Top - End - #599

Corwyn begins to tremble. He looks both confused and scared.

"I swear to you I have no idea where that ring came from! I would never have repaid your generosity by stealing from you! You have to believe me! The last thing I remember was hunting in the woods, then waking up in the clearing last night ..."

He begins to look a little green around the gills again and vomits a second time.

This time, there is no gold, but you note that he's regurgitated a variety of small bones - rat bones by the looks of it.

30. - Top - End - #600

Darius
    Darius takes a quick step back. "What in the name of-" he pauses and turns around as if to speak with the party, then whips back, his bow in his hand and an arrow notched, aimed towards the mans throat. "Alright! You tell us what the hell is going on, now!" he yells in the guy's face. "I don't trust thieves, and this guy seems pretty damn suspicious." he says to the party.
    Currently Playing:
    OOC