New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Into the East [IC]

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Hmm, human spell caster, not very descriptive. Still we should keep out of trouble and move quickly to Velprintalar." Sedryn says.

Sedryn asks around for a good inn and after receiving directions suggests the party head that way.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

2. - Top - End - #662
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aeroz, Elf Expert

"I knew him, but nows not the time. Miles. How far is it to the next town?"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

3. - Top - End - #663
    Bugbear in the Playground

The next few days pass uneventfully. As your party journeys from Urst to Corth, the road becomes wider, smoother, and better maintained. You see many more travellers on the road toward Velprintalar, the majority of whom seem to be elven. There are enough humans and other representatives of the Free Peoples on the road, however, that your party does not seem out of place.

By the end of the third day on the road, you find yourselves on the west bank of the River Vel, just a few miles from the capital city, Velprintalar. You are forced to stand in a long line of travelers and merchants that are waiting to cross the fortified bridge spanning the river.

Banners flap in the breeze above a brightly colored open pavilion at the entrance to the bridge. A detachment of Gray Elves in shining armor guards the entrance while elven officials query each party that attempts to cross the bridge. On occasion, the officials ask to inspect packages or carts.

The other travelers around you sigh and groan as they wait their turn for inspection by the "customs agents."

4. - Top - End - #664

Darius
    "Well, as far as I know I'm clean." Darius says, then he turns to Aeroz and Sedryn, "But they might give you a bit of trouble, especially now that they caught and killed your friend... we either try our luck with the guards, or If you have any better ideas..."
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

5. - Top - End - #665

Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Well, since lithandrill left and Sedryn's description was very vague, we probably wont get any trouble."

Spoiler
    Show

JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

6. - Top - End - #666

After what seems like an eternity, your party is at the front of the line. A scowling elf bureaucrat looks down his nose at your group - an elf rogue, a trio of human men, a young human girl, and a halfling.

"What a motley crew ..., " he sneers condescendingly in elvish.

He addresses Aeroz, assuming that the elf is the leader of your group. "What business have you in Velprintalar, cousin? And who might your traveling companions be?"

7. - Top - End - #667

Aeroz, Elf Expert

"We're just travelling there to handle some business. These are some friends of mine. Thats it. Anything else you want to know?"

[OOC: Wait, I'm the leader now? Geez. Also, I dont think a bluff check is required, mainly because Aeroz wasnt lieing, or telling the truth. If necessary then Bluff +6, Diplomacy +6]

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #668

The elf takes down your names and waves you on.

You cross the wide bridge and make your way up the road over a series of green hills until you find yourselves looking down on a large, sprawling metropolis with a patchwork of simple, but elegant buildings surrounding a vast, walled harbor.

It seems as though hundreds of ships cram the harbor, flying flags of a variety of nations. There are merchant ships of all descriptions, a number of white warships belonging to the Royal Navy, occasional black sailed ships that remind Aeroz, Sedryn, and Sherya of the Mulhorandi raider they tangled with not so long ago.

You ride down into the city, and (vaguely remembering the advice of Angela, Tiriel, and Si'rene) you make your way to the Foreign Quarter (where most non-elves live) and check yourselves and your mounts in at the Sword and Shield. The rooms there are large and clean, and at dusk you have a simple, but tasty supper in the quiet dining room.

The night is young, and you have arrived in the Big City.

9. - Top - End - #669

Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

"Its a shame we couldn't stay on the boat. We could have reached Teflamm by now. It has been a rough couple of days, so why dont we take a break or something."

Aeroz moves over to Sedryn and whispers

"We should drop by and pay a visit to Angela and the others while we are here. Didn't Prozen mention something about some guy, Baran? We should go see him too."

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #670
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Yeah he did, said we could find him at the Boars Head. Maybe we should check it out and then look up Angela and her friends." Sedryn whispers back.
    Rodrick the Red

Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

11. - Top - End - #671

While the others are washing up after the long journey (the Sword and Shield provides warm baths and clean towels), Aeroz and Sedryn get directions to the Boar's Head from the innkeeper.

They leave a note for the other members of the party in case anyone wants to join them later, then they slip out into the night and make their way to the noisy, apparently very popular tavern, just a few blocks away.

Aeroz and Sedryn slip in to the Boar's Head and grab a small table when one opens up. The Boar's Head features many popular local brews on tap, as well as the famed Rashemi firewine - jhuild.

As Sedryn peruses the winelist, he comments that Aeroz doesn't look well. Aeroz realizes that he is in fact feeling a little lightheaded. The autumn air is cool, but Aeroz's skin is clammy with small beads of sweat appearing on his forehead.

12. - Top - End - #672

Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

"Ugh. I really dont feel good. Sedryn, got any spells that'll cure this one. Ugh."

[OOC: What now? A cold? A flu? Contagion? Alchohol poisoning? Pneumonalultramicroscopicsivolcanioniosis?

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #673
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Aeroz, you're right you don't look good. Let me look at you." Sedryn says as he examines Areoz.

{OOC - Healing check to determine what is wrong with him.

Rolled 11}
    Rodrick the Red

14. - Top - End - #674

Sedryn checks the whites of Aeroz's eyes and palpates some lymph nodes. He observes a couple of scratches on Aeroz's skin that don't seem to have healed as well as one might have expected.

"Hmm ... I hate to say this, but this looks a lot like filth fever. You must have gotten it from those rats we ran into several days ago ..."

15. - Top - End - #675

Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

"What?!?! What the hell does that mean? Is it lethal? What does it do? Can't you cure it?"

Aeroz tries to calm himself down, but his hands are shaking.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #676
    Dwarf in the Playground

Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

*Feeling better after a pleasant bath, Miles wanders back downstairs to the common room. After reading the note, he decides to go look after his companions. Especially in light of what happened after the Mud Bowl.*

*Miles will ask the barkeep of the Sword & Shield directions to the Boar's Head. Upon receiving them, he will head out the door.*

17. - Top - End - #677

Miles arrives at the Boar's Head in time to see Aeroz frantically asking Sedryn how long he has to live. Aeroz's discomfiture is quite amusing actually, and with a chuckle Miles sits down to join Sedryn and Aeroz for a drink. A comely barmaid comes by to take orders from the three of you.

The atmosphere is pleasantly chaotic here in the Boar's Head, with occasional cheers and clinking of glasses and sporadic singing of drinking songs and adventuring ballads.

The beer and wine must be strong here because the crowd seems quite jolly and uninhibited. A pair of muscular fighters (presumably the bouncers of this establishment) works the crowd, gently but forcefully ejecting any troublemakers. One eyes the three of you suspiciously, but then moves on.

18. - Top - End - #678

Achby, Halfling Sorcerer

Achkby lingers a bit refreshing himself after the long journey. He had been in the wilderness for quite a long time before running into Darius, even, and so took quite a long time reacclimating himself to civilization.

Coming down from his room and a nice bath, he narrowly misses Miles, but finds the note nonetheless and decides to follow after Aeroz & Sedryn.

Leaving the inn, he briefly ponders turning in early, but decides, It's the sort of thing one should do, considering the circumstances, and my role in all of this. I should follow them, or accompany them or... whatever else.

When he enters the pub, he has a bit of trouble spotting the trio among the crowd, but eventually does pinpoint them and sidles over.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

19. - Top - End - #679

The four of you sit chatting and drinking for a while. The alcohol agrees with you (even Aeroz begins to look a little less pale), and soon you are all feeling fairly relaxed.

The barmaid returns with another round. As you reach for your steins, you find a note folded under one of the them.

"Back room."

20. - Top - End - #680

Darius will follow the group to the bar once he goes down and finds the note.

((I was on a plane all day yesterday but I can post from Seattle))
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

21. - Top - End - #681
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"What?!?! What the hell does that mean? Is it lethal? What does it do? Can't you cure it?"

Aeroz tries to calm himself down, but his hands are shaking.
    "Relax Aeroz, 2 to 4 days bed rest should make you whole and though I have no spells that will cure it, I do have spells that will lessen its effects." Sedryn reassures Aeroz. "Let's finish what we came to do then get you in bed."

Sedryn heads toward the backroom looking like a man in search of the privy.
    Rodrick the Red

22. - Top - End - #682

Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

Aeroz head to the backroom with Sedryn, releived that he will be fine, but still incredibly nervous..

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #683

Darius arrives at the Boar's Head just in time to see Aeroz, Sedryn, Miles, and Achkby slipping into a dark hallway toward the back of the establishment.

He works his way through the crowd to that hallway, passes a pair of doors leading to the privies, and finds himself in front of a stout wooden door leading into a back room.

Presumably the others are in the room already.

24. - Top - End - #684

Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

Aeroz opens the door. If it is locked, Aeroz will knock on the door and wait for a response.

Aeroz waits pateintly for whatever is coiming next

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #685

Aeroz, Sedryn, Achkby, and Miles enter the back room through a stout wooden door. The room is dimly lit, and it takes a moment for everyone's eyes to adjust (except for Aeroz who has no trouble with low light conditions) ...

The room is simply furnished with a large table in the center. A hooded lantern on the tabletop is the only source of light. A large, bearded man stands and indicates some chairs for everyone to sit on. He moves behind you and bolts the door.

"I was beginning to think that you four weren't going to make it. I am Baran, and I have been expecting you."

He turns to Achkby. "I had heard that you might have been captured and killed. I am glad to see that the reports of your demise have been greatly exaggerated!"

"Well, since time is of the essence, let me get right down to business. Prozen sent me a message warning me to look for the four of you, and directing me to give you any assistance necessary to enable you to recover the Kris of Sethra."

There is a quiet knock on the door. In an instant, Baran is on his feet, a pair of loaded hand crossbows raised and pointed at the door.

"I wasn't expecting any additional company. Were you?" he whispers.

26. - Top - End - #686

Quote Originally Posted by Daring Rogue
    He turns to Achkby. "I had heard that you might have been captured and killed. I am glad to see that the reports of your demise have been greatly exaggerated!"
    Achkby looks at first confused, because he has never met this man before, but then it dawns on him what the man means, and he hurriedly shakes his head vigorously up & down.

Quote Originally Posted by Daring Rogue
    "I wasn't expecting any additional company. Were you?" he whispers.
    Achkby glances nervously at Aeroz, but then speaks himself. "Well... we did pick up some travelling companions on the way here, but they weren't with us when we got the notes..." he whispers back.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

27. - Top - End - #687

Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

"The man is fine. He poses no threat. So, what information do you have for us. Also, what is the fastest way to get to Teflamm. We lost a lot of time and we must catch up."

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #688
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Yes we need to catch up but first we must rest a few days." Sedryn says looking pointedly at Aeroz.

"Baran, we saw a notice in a few of the towns about Wottworte's death and descriptions of the band with him. Is it true or just a cover?" Sedryn asks.
    Rodrick the Red

29. - Top - End - #689
    Dwarf in the Playground

Miles D'Arcy - Human Druid

*Miles quietly observes his surroundings and the tone of the conversation. While no immediate threat is visible, he remains guarded in case things get ugly. He keeps a sharp eye on the "hosts".*

I wonder exactly who I have gotten involved with. Something just doesn't seem right with these people...

30. - Top - End - #690

"Sorry, I'm hope I'm not intrudng" Darius says as he slips into the room, "I'll just sit here and keep quiet, then?"

He takes a seat and watches Baran warily until he puts down the crossbows.
    Currently Playing:
    OOC