New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Into the East [IC]

Miles D'Arcy

*Miles shrugs.*

"Don't look at me. I have 5 gold left to my name, and I refuse to be completely broke. I have no idea where we are going to come up with an additional 300-plus gold."

*Miles looks around for somewhere to sit. Even if he finds none, he will sit quietly on the floor.*

2. - Top - End - #752
    Barbarian in the Playground

Darius

Darius swears. "Dammit. 300 gold short. There must be a way to make some money in a city as big as this one. One or two of us could stay here while the others try and find some gold. I'd go, if you think that's a good idea."
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

3. - Top - End - #753
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Sheyra, human monk

Sheyra adds her remaining 55 gold to the pool. "We can't just leave him like this," she says, "And this is all I've got. Perhaps the temple will hire us to pay off the rest... otherwise, I don't know what we're going to do."
    And then they made me their cheif.

4. - Top - End - #754

(OOC: I will gone from August 8th to August 29th, I'll try and get some posts in while I'm gone, but I won't be here much of the time, so just NPC me please.)
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

5. - Top - End - #755
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Well... I have another 30 gold I can put in the pot, but we are still short." Sedryn says as he digs out his gold.

Walking over to the Assimer he asks, "Who may I talk to about working off part of the fee? I am a trained healer and I have prepared several Lesser Restorations and can cast a number of Cure Serious, Light and Minor wounds."
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

6. - Top - End - #756
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ooh, sorry I haven't been posting. I'm in SanDiego & the WiFi in UCSD's dorms isn't agreeing with the laptop we brought. This is my first chance at a cafe, but I'll try to work out other posting opportunities.

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

"Stupid, stupid elf! Why would anyone insult a beholder?"
    Achkby sighs.
    "Sedryn, Shera, take back that money. I have the last 300 gold that he needs."
    He scowls.
    "But I'm not paying for a cure for the infection."

[OOC]Why the hell does this character have so much money?! I must have forgotten to buy everything on my list... anyway, I can provide...[/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

7. - Top - End - #757

The aasimar scribe accepts your 700 gp and writes out a receipt, which is given to Sedryn.

The red wizard takes some powder out of a spell component pouch and sprinkles it over the statue of Aeroz. He then pricks his own finger with the point of the stiletto, letting a drop of blood fall onto Aeroz's head as he whispers the words to complete the spell.

As quickly as he was petrified, Aeroz is restored to his living (albeit diseased) state. The smirk vanishes from Aeroz's face as he takes a minute to reorient himself.

The aasimar and the wizard bow and leave the chamber. It is almost sunset, and the Golden Griffon will be opening soon ...

8. - Top - End - #758

Aeroz, Elf Ex-Statue

"Wait the...what the???...who the .... where the hell am I??? Last thing I remember, I was talking to that sonnofabitch beholder.

Aeroz is a little shocked at his new whereabouts. He takes a minute to reorient himself, and has an infuriated look on his face. For the next few minutes, he will be cursing under his breath.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

9. - Top - End - #759
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Thank you Ackaby for your help." Sedryn says then turns to Aeroz.

"Okay, Aeroz here is the bill and the break down of the 700 gp you owe and to whom you owe it:

Ackaby 300 gp
    Sheyra 220 gp
    Miles 80 gp
    Sedryn 100 gp

Next time try to be a little more civil."

Sedryn addresses the group and asks, "Well shall we go back to the Golden Griffin now or later in the evening?"
    Rodrick the Red

Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

10. - Top - End - #760

Aeroz, Elf Expert

"What!?!?! Did any of you think to ask Baran for help? We're partially under his employ. You would think for two seconds that he might be helping us out???...nevermind. I only got 230 or somewhere around that. Maybe I can call in a few favours from Calimport, but that might get me another 150? Tell you what? Next little trinket I find that works like my little bracelet? I'll see what I can get for it. Ok?"

Spoiler
    Show

JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

11. - Top - End - #761
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Easy Aeroz, first off we came directly here from the Golden Griffon and did not have time to ask Baran for his help. Second we know you don't have 700 gp so we are willing to wait, but prehapse a partial payment would not be a bad idea." Sedryn explains.
    Rodrick the Red

12. - Top - End - #762

Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

"Sedryn...I'm surprised at you. I figured a preist would not be worrying about money that was spent to help a freind. Dont worry, I'll pay you back. Now I beleive we should go back to that inn see if the girls are there then."

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #763
    Dwarf in the Playground

Miles D'Arcy

*Miles steps in front of Aeroz.*

"Aeroz, I have had just about enough of your arrogant attitude. Three of us, who barely know you just gave up a large sum of money to get you restored. The first words out of your mouth should have been "Thank you for saving me." Instead you have griped and complained for the last few minutes. I think you got less from the Beholder than you deserved, you could have easily been vaporized."

"Personally I don't care what your motivations are, but I refuse to continue assisting someone who lacks some basic curtesy and humility."

Miles crosses his arms across his chest, "What do you have to say for yourself?"

14. - Top - End - #764

Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Uhhh...sorry, and thank you for rescuing me. Sorry about that, but as you can see, I am a little frustrated. When the first words I hear after being turned to stone are about me owing someone money, I sort of get a little sensitive. I apologise. I'm a "businessman", so I do tend to get a little snappy."

Aeroz raises his hand, hoping that Miles will shake it and forgive this little understanding.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #765
    Dwarf in the Playground

Miles D'Arcy

*Miles relaxes a little. He shakes Aeroz's hand.*

"You're welcome, and I accept your apology Aeroz."

To the group, "I also suggest we head back to the 'Griffon', and see if we can get some more information."

*Miles heads for the exit...*

16. - Top - End - #766

Your group grabs a bite to eat from some of the food stands lining the streets of the Merchants Quarter.

By the time everyone has finished their dinner, night has fallen, and it is time to make your way back to the Golden Griffon.

17. - Top - End - #767

In the dark, this section of the Merchants Quarter is even more sinister than in the daylight. Muggers, pickpockets, and prostitutes freely roam the streets and alleys. Even though you have strength of numbers and are heavily armed and armored, you can't help feeling a little bit on edge.

Eventually, you find yourself back in the squalid alley that leads to the Golden Griffon. A crowd of rough looking humanoids has formed outside the main door. A velvet rope has been strung across the entrance, and the beholder (now dressed in a black leather "jacket" of sorts) scans the crowd with its eyes, occasionally "nodding" toward one or another would-be patron, allowing him or her (or it) to pass.

18. - Top - End - #768

As you approach from the rear of the crowd, you see a bugbear push his way to the front of the line, growling and cursing, demanding to be let into the club. When he tries to push his way past the velvet rope, he gets vaporized by a beam from one of the beholder's eyes.

The crowd falls silent and falls back from the rope for a moment, but only a moment. Then the crowd pushes forward again (slightly more politely) as members of the crowd vie to be let into the nightspot.

OOC: I'm having problems with the forum for some reason. Sorry for the triple posting.

19. - Top - End - #769

Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

Once Aeroz reaches the front of the line, or whenever he encounters the beholder.

"You know, I'm sorry about the way I acted earlier on today, and I really hope we could put that unfortunate event of you turning me to stone behind us. So, are we on "good" terms as of now"

Aeroz raises his hand, anticipating a shake, until he realizes that the beholder has no way of doing so.

"By the way, did any of the women I mentioned earlier today come by at any time?"

[OOC: Yeah, the new boards software has a limit to how much you can shove in one post]

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #770

The beholder smiles when he catches sight of your party, and uses his telekinesis to clear a path to the velvet rope and then allows you inside.

"Welcome back, friends! I can not say for sure that your friends are inside, but you are welcome to see for yourself. We have a very respectable clientele here at the Golden Griffon, however, so I will expect you all to be on your best behavior ..."

21. - Top - End - #771
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Sheyra, human monk

Sheyra bows respectfully. "Thank you, kind sir," she says to the beholder as the group heads inside.
    And then they made me their cheif.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Dwarf in the Playground

Miles D'Arcy

*Miles eyes the Beholder very warily, and quickly heads inside the Griffon.*

*Miles stays close to Aeroz but 'in the background', trying not to draw notice while taking in his surroundings.*

23. - Top - End - #773

Aeroz, Elf Swashuckler

"Miles, cool down. No one is out to get you. If anything, you should stay back from me. I'm the one who's marked" Aeroz whispers to his nervous druid companion.

Aeroz takes a few quick looks around the place, trying to find the girls

[OOC: Spot +2, Search +10]

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #774

You pass through the velvet curtains into the Golden Griffon once more. You spend a few minutes on the upper level, looking down onto the lower level, which is packed with patrons.

The Golden Griffon is filled with all kinds of outsiders and aberrations. Scanning the crowd, you identify illithids, tieflings, drow, the occasional ogre, a couple of minor demons, and a few undead. The Golden Griffon appears to be "neutral ground." Although some conversations are loud and animated in a variety of planar and extraplanar languages, no fights break out - everyone seems to be on their best behavior.

On the small stage, a gibbering mouther sings (if you could call it that). A xill works the bar, his four arms juggling glasses, bottles of wine, and collecting tips.

"Regular" humanoids seem to be in the minority here. You see no signs of Tiriel, Si'rene, or Angela.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa Quicksilver, rogue

Laying beside one small table is a very large, very black dog. As in approximately 200 pounds of dog, most of it muscle. He looks toward the open door with mild interest, and as he does so one can see a patch of white fur over one eye. In the seat next to this shaggy creature sits his owner, a gnome dressed in shades of gray that blend into the shadows. This is Lissa Quicksilver... or at least that's what she calls herself.

Lissa takes a sip from the gnome-sized tankard of mead before her, eyeing the nervous-looking group with interest. Hmm... what have we here? Newcomers, for certain. Wonder what sort of newcomers? I could use some gold. She idly spins the end of her blonde braid around one nut-brown finger, thinking. The elf looks sharp; better not try for their pockets. They might be adventurers, though... wonder if they need a trap expert? I'm getting bored here. And broke. The gnomish woman shrugs, flipping the braid back over her shoulder. Only one way to find out what the newcomers are up to, and that would be to ask them. Lissa picks up her tankard and stands up. "Patch, come!" The dog heaves himself to his feet and looks at Lissa, panting. And drooling. "C'mon, boy. We're going to see if those people need our services." She scratches behind his ears with her free hand, then starts weaving through the crowd, Patch close at her heels.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

26. - Top - End - #776

Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

"Quite the crowd here, eh? When I was with my parents, I saw them summon not half of these. Wow."

Aeroz walks up to the friendliest looking of the extraplanar creatures who isn't engaged in one of these otherworldly conversations. He will also try to stay away from anyone who looks a little too tempting. [OOC: an advantage of having mages for parents: Knowing who to stay away from who isn't from this world].

Once he finds someone who fits the description he will ask if they have seen anyone meeting Angela, Si'rene or Tiriel's description.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #777
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih, Human Ranger

A flash of colour sticks out from the gloom of the Golden Griffon. A man dressed in a simple set of clothes except for a green and purple jacket and a huge floppy hat. His eyes glance over to the newcomers.

Well this might be a good bet, these folk look like adventures. He looks deep in thought.
    Or at least more so than the last group I was with… I think.

Hajih whistles to a hawk sitting on the rafters, when the hawk hears this it swoops down to him. He stands up, takes a swig from his flask and walks towards the newcomers.
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

28. - Top - End - #778
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih, Human Ranger

Striding up to Aeroz, Hajih makes an over exaggerated bow then quickly launches into a flurry of handshakes pulling the various members of the party out of their tasks. “Hello…hello, I believe you folks are adventures, no? If so I may be of use to use. Adventures are going to need a guide.” Hajih takes a deep breath of air before continuing “and I just happen to be that guide. Let me introduce myself I am Hajih, your guide to caves tunnels and all manner of underground vistas. So, are you interested?”
    I hope this works.
    Lords of Madness:

29. - Top - End - #779

Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

"Whu, whuzzit?" Aeroz speaks in confusion as the strange man practically jumps on him.

"Sorry sir, we arent adventureres and we already have a guide. However, you could be helpful by telling us if you have seen a group of three women here. Two are human, and one is an elf. They should be hanging around together. So, have you seen them?"

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #780
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih, Human Ranger
    "Hmmm, A pity. However I haven't seen these girls, or maybe I have, I can't quite remember. My memory isn't very good today. Although, from what I remember about bars, the bartender might be a good place to start. Anyways I would be willing to help you look around, some people might know me, even if I can't remember them. Perchance I could learn the name of the ladies in this trio of yours?"

Oh, no this doesn't seem very good at all.
    Lords of Madness: