New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Into the East [IC]

As a rule, the outsiders and half-devils patronizing the Golden Griffon seem to have little interest in conversing with Aeroz or any of the rest of you. They either act as if they didn't hear Aeroz's questions or they shrug as if they don't understand Common. When Aeroz approaches a pair of succubi, they just giggle into their drinks and turn away.

Only this human, Hajih, seems interested in making conversation. Indeed he almost seems a little too interested in getting to know everyone. You can't help wondering what his angle is ...

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa, gnomish rogue

Lissa stops several feet away from the elf and the ranger, close enough to make out the conversation but far enough away to blend into the crowd. She hopes. Beside her, Patch (obviously well-trained) stops as well and sits down next to her, looking around the room alertly.

Hmm... now this sounds promising. Lissa smiles to herself, beckons to Patch, and begins eeling through the crowd toward Aeroz again. "Hey, stranger." The gnome grins up at the much taller elf, seemingly unfazed by his height. "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation with Floppy Hat, there." She points to Hajih. "Now, I just might've seen the women you're looking for- a trio, one human, one elf, one human-sized who keeps her hood up? Good taste there, by the way, though you'll need Garl's own charm to melt the elven icemaiden." Lissa winks, her grin turning mischievous for a second. "So, what's this information worth to you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

3. - Top - End - #783
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

"Well, thanks a lot miss, but there is one thing you forgot about information dealing. Never drop too many hints. Now I can narrow down my search, and I will find them. Still, a little help would be nice. Whaddaya want for their whereabouts?"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

4. - Top - End - #784

While Aeroz is taking to the halfling, he notices that several of his companions seem to have disappeared.

He can only hope that they are mingling with the crowd and that nothing sinister has befallen them ...

The halfling points out a gnome sitting alone in a corner booth. "I think I saw your women friends talking to that guy a couple nights ago."

The gibbering mouther completes its set to scattered polite applause. It oozes offstage, while a couple of gargoyles remove several audience members who were sitting too close to the stage and became overwhelmed by the gibbering mouther's performance.

After a short break, a dapper (but unnaturally pale) human hops up onto the stage. "Our next act just flew in from the Umber Marshes to be here tonight, so let's give a warm Golden Griffon welcome to ... the Harpies!"

A trio of half-woman, half-beast bare-breasted creatures flap up onto the stage. Several audience members hoot and whistle appreciatively. The harpies settle down on three strategically placed roosts and begin to sing. For all of their outward ugliness, their voices truly are enchanting ...

5. - Top - End - #785
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Sedryn shocked by the varity of the tavern's clients, follows Aeroz contnet to let him do the talking.

After spotting the undead Sedryn is tempted to call upon Lathandar's power to destroy the abominations, but remebers at the last minute a statue and refrains.

{OOC - I keep logging on when the server is swamped. My post from yesterday never made it.}
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

6. - Top - End - #786
    Dwarf in the Playground

Miles D'Arcy

[OOC: I don't know if something happened to Miles, but he was planning to stay near Aeroz to avoid getting lost or...eaten. So, I will defer to our generous DM to enlighten me.]

[OOC2: Heck, I'm still only 3rd level so I guess in this place I would only be considered a "snack".]

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa, GNOME (not halfling!) rogue

Lissa mutters something under her breath in Gnomish. Judging by the tone, it's not a particularly polite phrase. Meanwhile, Patch is enthusiastically sniffing at Aeroz' crotch with his very large, wet dog nose. "By all the Hells, I hate negotiations... Okay, tell you what. I'm not asking any gold tonight. What I want is a story." She raises one slightly callused brown finger. "Not just any story, though. I want the story of why an elf (who's in the Profession, I can tell, and that's got to be a tale in itself) is traveling with a priest of Lathander, a druid (or maybe a ranger)..." She shakes her head. "None of you are from around here, and you're certainly not the Griffon's usual clientele." Of course, neither is Lissa. "I don't even care if you tell me the truth. I'm just bored and curious." She grins, white teeth flashing in her dusky face. "So, there's your man over in that corner. See the swirfneblin sitting by himself? He was talking to your ladies." Lissa's grin turns devilish. "And now I'm going to follow you and annoy you until I get a good tale."

8. - Top - End - #788
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih, Human Ranger

Hajih turns to Lidda “Now that you mention it, that is kind of an odd looking group, these folk look like adventures. Yet this elf here says they’re not adventures.” Turning to Aeroz quizzically Hajih asks “What are you doing together? I mean you’re a little heavily armed to be tourists and it’s not every day you see folks like you in a place like this unless they’re looking for someone or something. By the way, Elf, I never did catch your name…or did I?” He looks around for a second “No, I didn’t, so what is it Elf.”
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

9. - Top - End - #789

Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

"Whoa whoa, whats with all of the questions all of a sudden? We are just looking for a couple friends of ours who come here often. Thats it, we arent adventurers or anything like that. Now if you'll excuse me for a few minutes, I need a drink"

Aeroz approaches the bar and orders a couple whiskeys. He continues to survey his surroundings, looking for anyone who resembles the girls.

Gotta relax. This is a party after all.

[OOC: Search +7, Spot +2]

Spoiler
    Show

JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

10. - Top - End - #790

Achkby, Hafling Sorcerer

The blue-garbed hafling turns to his other companions.
    "Well. What now my friends?"
    He, too, scans the crowd for anyone fitting the description of the three women, or anyone dangerous.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

11. - Top - End - #791

:-/*bump*

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #792
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Sedryn follows Aeroz to the bar and orders an ale. Turning to the two new comers Sedryn says, "Hello, may name is Sedryn and I am pleased to meet you, as for a tale would you like to hear how I was swallowed by a plant?"

Sedryn tells the tale of the tendriculos stopping after the beast flees into the wood.
    Rodrick the Red

Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

Sedryn follows Aeroz to the bar and orders an ale. Turning to the two new comers Sedryn says, "Hello, may name is Sedryn and I am pleased to meet you, as for a tale would you like to hear how I was swallowed by a plant?"

Sedryn tells the tale of the tendriculos stopping after the beast flees into the wood.
    Rodrick the Red

14. - Top - End - #794

It is unclear whether the alcohol or the mesmerizing harpies' song is more to blame for the dullness seeping into your minds and bodies.

Individuals speak, but no one seems to be listening to any one else it seems. You sip your beverages listlessly. The human and gnome strangers seem eager to make your acquaintance, but their friendly questions are met with stony silence and indifference.

No one in the Golden Griffon matches the description of the three women you are seeking.

OOC: Perhaps the trail (and campaign) ends here?

I recommend re-reading each other's posts. I would also encourage you to respond to each other's questions, rather than just ignoring people's posts.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih, Human Ranger

After Sedryn finishes his story Hajih looks stunned "Amazing story ,you folk are truly brave. So, what brings you to the city?"
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

16. - Top - End - #796

Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

[OOC: NOOOOOOO. I really like this campaign, and it's actually going somewhere. Dont end it. PLEEEEEZE]

Aeroz turns to his halfling companion and says "Well, since the only one here would be the deep gnome over there, I guess we should go talk to him. Just lemme finish my drinks. Its been a rough day..."

Taking another swig of hooch, Aeroz responds to the man who is suspiciously curious

"Business, just business"

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #797

Apparently we've all moved to the bar?

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

"All right then, I'll go with you, though I know nothing about those women," he tells Aeroz.

He smiles at Hajih and Lissa, and tells them, "I'm not even here on business. Just saved their sorry arses from the Vine-beast and have been tagging along ever since."
    He looks very smug as he ronounces this, and then chuckles, "And besides, this guy owes me some money! poking Aeroz in the ribs with a little elbow.
    He gives the elf a good-natured grin over his shoulder.

That should assuage his curiousity.

"What about you folks?"
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

18. - Top - End - #798
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Sheyra, human monk

Looking very confused and somewhat frightened, Sheyra wanders up to the bar area and asks for a glass of water. Seeing Aeroz and Achkby, she slips in behind them as they make their way towards the svirfneblin.
    And then they made me their cheif.

19. - Top - End - #799

After putting down your drinks, you push your way gingerly through the crowd toward the svirfneblin sitting in the corner.

He is sitting alone in a booth sipping a deep burgundy (almost black) wine from a fine long-stemmed crystal glass. He watches the activity in the bar/club with small beady black eyes, and notices your approach well before you arrive at his table.

What looked like two statues placed against the wall, come to life, flanking the svirfneblin's booth, as you approach. One of the gargoyles raises an arm in warning, and you stop a few paces from the table.

"Greetings strangers. What can I do for you?" The svirfneblin's tone is friendly, but his dark eyes and grim frown seem to contradict his casual words.

20. - Top - End - #800

Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

"Yeah yeah..." Aeroz replies to the Halflings remark

Turning to the deep gnome he says "We are looking for three women who came by here. I was told you saw them last.

He conveys the description to the gnome, and awaits eagerly for an answer.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #801

The svirfneblin leans back slightly, relaxing almost imperceptibly.

"Hmm. Well, I suppose that I might or might not have spoken to some surface dwellers that match those descriptions recently.

"If I had, though, it is possible that they appeared nervous and seemed to be running away from something or someone. And if that were the case, then I would probably be reluctant to divulge any information about their whereabouts.

"It would frankly be a breach of professional ethics for me to tell you anything more about them. Ahem, assuming that I had actually spoken to any of the three women, which I may or may not have done. Speaking hypothetically of course."

The svirfneblin smiles, revealing stained and crooked teeth.

22. - Top - End - #802

Achkby

Achkby steps forward, and says to the Sniv man, "how reluctant are you, or rather, would you be, to divulge information about their whereabouts?"
    He smiles congenially, and inclines his head a tad to the left.
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa, rogue

The gnome sniffs as she's ignored by the elf, but her cheerful demeanor returns as Sedryn tells his story. Lissa is silent throughout, evidently enjoying the diversion. After the cleric finishes, the group heads toward the swirfneblin's corner.

Ooh, so they are going to talk to him! This should definitely be interesting. Lissa grins and pulls her hood up. "Patch, stay." The shaggy black riding dog looks up at her mournfully from where he's lying down by the bar, but doesn't move. Quietly, the gray-cloaked gnome slips through the crowd, ending up just behind Sedryn and Achkby. Her sharp ears pick up most of the conversation. Lissa's eyes, however, stray to something a bit closer. Mmm, handsome halfling here! I'll have to see if he wants to talk later on... maybe have a few drinks...

(OOC: If anyone wants to make a Listen check for Lissa, let me know and I'll roll a Move Silently. Daring Rogue will have to let us know what the modifiers are for crowd noise.)

24. - Top - End - #804

Aeroz, Elf Expert

Aeroz grins at the deep gnome. He pulls out a small bag of coins and lays them on the table. "Tell me deep gnome, what is your price for the information. These girls are friends of ours, and we would like to see them again. It has been so long"

[OOC: Diplomacy +6]

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #805

Lissa eyeballs Achkby as he and Aeroz negotiate with the svirfneblin.

When Aeroz produces some money, the deep gnome's face brightens. He reaches forward and counts out 100 gp, which he passes to one the gargoyles behind him. The remainder of the gold he passes back to Aeroz.

"Oh! I didn't realize that you were such close friends of those women. You must be so very worried about them!

"They approached me with a problem: they had a 'package' that they urgently needed to get to Telflamm. Unfortunately, because of the Mulhorandi blockade, they could not cross the Sea of Fallen Stars, and because of the tensions in Thay, they could not take an overland approach."

The svirfneblin winks.

"So if they could not go over the sea or around the sea ... Well, the solution is obvious is it not?"

26. - Top - End - #806

Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

"Well, certainly for that generous amount, you could tell us a bit more. When did they leave, and what route they might be taking." Aeroz stops his bartering and stabs a dagger in the table. "Was the package around the size of this? "

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #807
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Sheyra, human monk

"Not over or around... they went under," she says to Aeroz. "Through the Underdark." Sheyra shudders at the thought of it.
    And then they made me their cheif.

28. - Top - End - #808

Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

"Underdark? No way man. I am not dealing with drow, never. And those flayers swimming around there just make it even worse."

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #809

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

At the pronouncement of the possible trip into the Underdark, a pensive expression appears of Achkby's face.

Are we going to follow them into the Underdark???!
    When I started this, I had no idea what I was getting into! But he still owes me 300 gold... and this could be the trip of a lifetime.

A moment later, it takes on a grin scowl, which in turn gives way to a smirk.

He places a hand of Aeroz's elbow.
    "Be that as it may, we still ought to find out as much as we can from this gentleman."

He turns to the svinrf their informant, and asks, "What else can you tell us?"
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa, rogue

Lissa's full attention snaps back to the conversation at mention of the Underdark. The Underdark? Hoo... these folks must really be desperate. Do I really want to follow them down there? She considers for a moment. Visions of gems, gold, and vials of that wonderful drow knockout poison dance in her head. What the hells, you only live once. If I can get a trophy from the Underdark, well, talk about bragging rights! And these people are interesting. They seem a bit nervous about official notice, so once I make it clear I know their plans, they'll either have to take me along or kill me. Somehow I can't see a cleric of the Morninglord going along with the latter option. A grin flashes beneath her hood, and the diminutive thief continues to listen.