Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
Results 811 to 840 of 1010
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    When Aeroz plunges a dagger into the table, the two gargoyles move forward aggressively, but the svirfneblin holds up a hand and they back off. The svirfneblin looks directly at Aeroz. "You pale elves are all the same ... no class." He calmly takes a sip from his glass.

    "Anyway," he continues, "they didn't tell me (or show me) what the 'package' was, and I didn't ask. It wasn't any of my business."

    He nods when Sheyra mentions the Underdark. "Yes, young lady, that's right. Their only option was to go under the sea."

    When he sees Aeroz's reaction, he laughs. "Well, they're really mostly travelling through the Upperdark of course, and that's hardly as dangerous as you surface people make it out to be. Of course, there are occasional dangerous sections that would be best avoided by the discerning traveler, but one could say the same thing about the surface, n'est-ce pas?"

    "And the drow and the illithids? Misunderstood and unjustifiably maligned (much like my own race, if I may say so myself) by you surface dwellers. Life in the dark is not nearly as carefree as it is up in the warmth and sunlight, you know. We races of the dark have our own ethics and culture, and we have no desire to be judged by you who know nothing of our way of life. Treat the Underdark peoples with respect and they will return it in kind ..."

    "Well, in any case, I am sure that your women friends will be happy to see you all. If you hurry, perhaps you might catch them. They only left last night after all ..."

  2. - Top - End - #812
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HempRope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoooooo
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

    "Come, now. What will it take," Achkby asks through loosley clenched teeth, "for you to tell us where they left from?"
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

    GO BLUE

    The biggest problem with the alignment system is that it encourages us to choose.

  3. - Top - End - #813
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    Sedryn finally coming to grips with his surroundings, leans forward to ask, "Could you aid us by telling us where they departed from and the path they intended to travel?"

    Turning to Aeroz he says, "I think we should say good bye to the friend we visited eariler before we go."
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  4. - Top - End - #814
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

    "No class, eh?"

    Aeroz turns to Sedryn

    "Yeah, I think that is a good idea. If we are trekking through any part of the underdark, we should be prepared for the worst. Maybe he can give us some information and stuff."
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  5. - Top - End - #815
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Hajih, Human Ranger

    Having been listening in to the conversation Hajih steps up to Sedryn "Hmmm, the Underdark you say? Well you happen to be In luck, my expertise in guiding is the Underdark, how about it?"
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

  6. - Top - End - #816
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The_King_of_Durf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Darius

    Darius had remained quiet since leaving the hospital, mulling things over in his head. He listened quietly to the conversation with their mysterious informant, nodding occasionaly or shaking his head.

    "The Underdark, I knew something was soon bound to happen. Well I'm in if you all are, and I suppose these strangers may come in handy as well..." he says, then lowering his voice to a whisper so that Lissa and Hajih can't hear him,"If we can trust them..." Then he pauses, waiting for an answer.

    {OOC: I'm back!{/OOC}
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

  7. - Top - End - #817
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maryland

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Miles D'Arcy

    [OOC: This may be a bit out of story order.]

    *Miles pulls aside Sedryn, Aeroz, and Sheyra.*

    "Folks, it is time to take my leave. I just received an urgent message, demanding that I return to the Yuirwood immediately. I cannot stay with you as you travel into the Underdark. I have never been below myself, but I have heard many strange tales. You must be extremely cautious."

    "Thank you for your companionship. I wish you the best in your endeavours."

    *Miles reaches out to shake hands.*

  8. - Top - End - #818
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The svirfneblin smiles and points to a doorway hidden in the darkness that you hadn't noticed before. The doorway is flanked by another pair of gargoyles. A printed sign hanging above the doorway is barely visible in the dimness - "To the Underdark".

    "The next 'bullet train' (or should I say shinkansen?) leaves at dawn. You can buy tickets on the platform. It was very nice meeting you. Please give my regards to your friends ..."

    Your interview with the svirfneblin is over.

    You gather at a table to strategize. Lissa and Hajih linger nearby to see if they might join your adventures. Unexpectedly, Miles indicates that he can not continue on in your journeys. He must return to Ingdal's Arm and the Yuirwood. He bids farewell to your group with sadness.


  9. - Top - End - #819
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

    "Really is a shame that Miles has to go. Well, we need a new guide. What about that eavesdropping ranger? He could probably be capable. If those three headed for Teflamm in such a hurry, then it does somewhat confirm our suspicions. We wont be able to get there before them, but we can hope to be right on their heels."

    Aeroz turns to Sedryn.

    "Well buddy, looks like we are the only ones left who actually have a reason to go after these girls and get that dagger back. If any of you want to back out, do it now. We also need to drop by Baran's again. Maybe we could squeeze a little more information out of him. Either way, we need to hurry up."

    Aeroz gets up, and begins to look for the exit. When he finds it, he says goodbye to the beholder and heads towards Baran's place.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  10. - Top - End - #820
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HempRope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoooooo
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

    "I'm in. You still owe me money!" Achkby grins goodnaturedly, and stands up.
    "Come on," he says to Lissa, "we could use you down there."

    He waits a moment to see if she comes, and then (assuming that she does) he follows Aeroz out the door.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

    GO BLUE

    The biggest problem with the alignment system is that it encourages us to choose.

  11. - Top - End - #821
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The_King_of_Durf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Darius

    "I'm in too, I saved you once, maybe you can return the favor. And I think we could use this here guide to the Underdark, how 'bout it... uh, Hajih (I think your name was)? And the gnome too." Darius says, following after Aeroz.
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

  12. - Top - End - #822
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lissa, rogue

    Lissa blinks, looking rather stunned. She recovers quickly, though. "Wow! An invite, just like that?" The gnome beams at Achkby, pushing back her hood. "Thanks, handsome! Say, what's your name? And, um, I need to get my things. Won't take but a minute, the service here is fantastic."

    She whistles shrilly, and an enormous, shaggy black form comes bounding over from the bar- Patch, her riding dog. Having collected Patch, Lissa flags down a tiefling in a server's uniform. She whispers something to the devilish-looking man, following it up with a coin. He flashes a pointy-toothed smile and vanishes into what's evidently a server's exit. A short time later, the tiefling reappears, with an ogre in tow. The ogre is carrying a dog-saddle, saddlebags, gnome-sized bedroll, tent, and knapsack.

    "Your things, madam." The tiefling bows elegantly. The ogre grunts and attempts a smile, showing yellow, broken teeth. With a couple more coins from Lissa, the ogre efficiently saddles and loads Patch, and the two depart.

    Swinging her knapsack onto her back, Lissa smiles, beckons to her dog, and follows the rest of the party. A new adventure! How exciting!

  13. - Top - End - #823
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Hajih, Human Ranger

    Hajih looks at his toes “Errr, yeah, sorry about eavesdropping but anyways I’d be interested in working for you fine folks” He quickly takes a swig from his flask and then smiles. With an overexagerated bow he remarks "Lead on intrepid travelers"
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

  14. - Top - End - #824
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    It is nearly midnight by the time your motley crew makes its way back to the Foreign Quarter.

    You stop by the Boar's Head to touch base with Baran. He is fascinated by what you found out at the Golden Griffon.

    "Three women fleeing to Telflamm through the Underdark? It must be the assassins from the Order of the Rose. Who else could they be? I will send word to Prozen, letting him know that you are pursuing them into the very bowels of Faerun!"

    Baran would like to help, but there isn't much time and the shops are all closed at this hour. He offers your group 50 gp each. "It's all I can do on such short notice. I'm sorry."

    ...

    Baran looks startled when he is introduced to Sheyra. "This young woman is an acquaintance of yours? Mulhorandi agents have been scouring the city looking for a young Untherite teenager in the company of a band of foreigners. It never occurred to me that she was with you! I have no idea how you have managed to end up entangled in so much intrigue, but by all means watch your step! You may be on the trail of the three assassins, but it looks as though there are villains on your trail as well ..."

    ...

    You take some time to settle up at the Sword and Shield. Your mounts won't be going with you to the Underdark, but they can be stabled here in Velprintalar until your return (assuming you make it back someday).

    It's almost dawn and no one has had a chance to sleep, but if you hurry you should be able to make it back to the Golden Griffon in time to catch the 'bullet train', whatever that is ...

  15. - Top - End - #825
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwestern USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sheyra, human monk

    Sheyra seems dismayed that the news of her presence has already spread so much. "I guess that means I'm coming with you," she says to the others.
    And then they made me their cheif.

  16. - Top - End - #826
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    It is indeed somewhat concerning that the Mulhorandi seem to be aware that Sheyra is in Velprintalar, especially since they should have lost her trail when she (and Aeroz, Sedryn, and Lithandrill) jumped ship in Ingdal's Arm ...

    But even if the Mulhorandi have some way of tracking her, it seems unlikely that they would follow her into the Underdark ... right?

  17. - Top - End - #827
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

    "Well, see ya Baran. I'm not sure what to do with the gold, so I'll save it," Turning his head to Achby "So I might pay a persistant individual back." Turning his noggen back to Baran "Is there any advice you can give us for venturing in the Underdark, and do you mind telling me what this 'bullet train' is?"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  18. - Top - End - #828
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    "Yeah Aeroz just us two left. Let's get this finished I am tired of following that dagger." Sedryn replies.

    "Good bye Miles, sorry to see you go. Good luck to you, maybe we will see you on our trip back." Sedryn says as he shakes Mile's hand warmly.

    Turning to the new members he says, "Welcome to our group, we do seem to always find ourselves in the wrong place all to often."

    Sedryn turns to Baran and says, "Thanks for the 50 gold that will help. You can also take care of the stabling of our mounts. If you do not hear from me in a year please donate them to the Church of Lathandar."
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  19. - Top - End - #829
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Baran shrugs his shoulders and frowns at the mention of the Underdark.

    "I've never known anyone who entered the Underdark and lived to tell the tale. Maybe a 'bullet train' is some kind of illithid or drow form of transport? You'll have to tell me when you get back. Fare well!"

    ...

    It is still dark when you enter (for the third time) the Golden Griffon. The beholder looks bleary-eyed (all of them) after a long night of bouncing, but he smiles (you almost wish he wouldn't) when he sees you again. "Good timing! It hasn't arrived yet my friends. Have a great trip!"

    The main floor is much less crowded now. The svirfneblin isn't at his table any more, but you pass between two gargoyles into the passageway he pointed out to you.

    You make your way down a long passage that gently slopes downward, past an amphibious 'street' musician (a scruffy looking kuo-toa playing some kind of mouth organ).

    Eventually you find yourselves standing on an underground platform along with an assorted bunch of other Underdark denizens who seem to be waiting for something. A few dim lanterns cast weak light over the platform, and you can see that a large tunnel runs from one end of the platform to the other, then disappears into the darkness.

    A handful of drow stand aloof at one end of the platform, whispering amongst themselves. A pair of mind flayers eye the other passengers waiting on the platform, their tentacles twitching gently. A few grimloks and even a duergar or two are identifiable as well.

    A bored looking svirfneblin sits behind a ticket counter. "One way or round trip?" he asks with a yawn.

  20. - Top - End - #830
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HempRope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoooooo
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

    Achkby is nervous, some of his most prominent clothing being conspicuously bright hues of blue, and though he keeps his silence, he doesn't mind letting his apprehension show when they first enter the tunnel.

    What a place. I've been in some seedy spots, and some pretty dingy locales, to be sure, but this is beyond all the rest. There's just a... mood about it.

    With business at hand, however, he tries to pull together a suave composure, and strides over to the ticket-counter in as normal a fashion as he can devise.

    "Well... that depends, I suppose," he tells the sni same-sized fellow. "How much is each?" He tries not to seem overly concerned, but it's no secret that it does matter.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

    GO BLUE

    The biggest problem with the alignment system is that it encourages us to choose.

  21. - Top - End - #831
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lissa, rogue

    Lissa is no longer smiling. She hasn't since leaving her dog at the stables. The hood is up on her gray cloak again, and she's fiddling with a dagger. I hope Patch is okay there. Maybe this isn't such a good idea... no, curse it, I need the money! And I don't back out of deals. Snap out of it, Lissa. At the swirfneblin ticket-clerk's words, she looks up at the rest of the party.

    "Are we planning to come back this way, or overland?"

  22. - Top - End - #832
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The svirfneblin sighs.

    "10 gold one way. 18 gold round trip. How many tickets will you be needing?"

    A faint rumbling can be heard in the distance ...

  23. - Top - End - #833
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HempRope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoooooo
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

    Achkby turns back to the group, and says, "I've no idea how we'll be getting back, and I'd rather risk paying an extra 2 gold than invest a useless 8. One-way for all of us?"

    Then he mutters to the guard over his shoulder, "By the way... where is the far station?"
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

    GO BLUE

    The biggest problem with the alignment system is that it encourages us to choose.

  24. - Top - End - #834
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Hajih, Human Ranger

    Peeking out from under his huge hat Hajih looks suspicious of the svirfneblin "Agreed, one way, because we never know what will happen."
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

  25. - Top - End - #835
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The_King_of_Durf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Darius

    "Yes, one way'll do nicely." Darius says lightly then whispers sarcastically under his breath "Oh gods, we're going to die, aren't we?"

    (OOC: I'm camping so I'll be posting on and off at the library. This bullet train really reminds me of the NYC subway.)
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

  26. - Top - End - #836
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

    "One way is good. How do we get to Teflamm using this?" Aeroz inquires

    [OOC: NYC Subway? You mean moving appartments with one time rent? ;D]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  27. - Top - End - #837
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HempRope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoooooo
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

    Achkby turns and addresses the ticketeer. "Well, then, that'll be one-way tickets for the seven of us. Here's the ten gold for mine," he finishes, reachin into his money pouch.

    Expenses: 10 gold for one bullet-train ride.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

    GO BLUE

    The biggest problem with the alignment system is that it encourages us to choose.

  28. - Top - End - #838
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lissa, rogue

    Lissa waits, toying with her dagger, while the more established members of the group discuss tickets. Once the matter's been decided, she steps up next to Achkby (lightly brushing up against him... by accident?) and hands ten gold up to the swirfneblin counter clerk. "I'm one of the seven he mentioned. There's my fee."

    (OOC: -10 gp for one subway... er, bullet-train ticket.)

  29. - Top - End - #839
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    "Here you go, one way please." Sedryn ssays as he hands over his 10 gold.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  30. - Top - End - #840
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    Aeroz hands over 10 gold and gets his ticket.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •