Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1010
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    *Lithandrill cuts a little piece of him open on his armor spikes (1 damage?) and uses his nail to write a short message on the back of the paper.*

    I will help. Where are our weapons?

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    After reading the note, Sedryn nods and then says a quiet prayer for his former patient.

    {OOC - Did I cast the CLW on the man? Just want to make sure my spell list is correct.}
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    *nods then stands up, then moves next to the man. He whispers quietly "When?"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Prozen continues questioning you as he writes:

    "Be ready shortly before dawn."

    He then concludes the "interrogation". He tucks his papers away into his robe and picks up his stool. He calls for the guards to open the door, then exits without looking back.

    The door is again closed and locked. You have several hours before daybreak.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Each of you sits silently, hardly acknowledging each others presence...

    Shortly before dawn you hear a pair of footsteps outside in the hallway.

    There are some mumbled words exchanged between the two newcomers and the guards, then suddenly there is a brief scuffle that ends with two muffled cries.

    You are already on your feet when the door is unlocked and opened. There are two members of the Emerald Guard outside the door, breathing heavily. The original sentries are dead. One soldier is busy switching weapons with the dead guards, in order to make it look like they were killed with their own weapons.

    The other guard points you down the hall. "Hurry! We can give you a two minute headstart, then we must raise the general alarm. Make for the docks. The Sea Lion leaves at dawn, make sure you are on it. Your weapons are in the next room."

    Running, you burst into the indicated room. A third guard lies slain here. Your weapons are piled on a table in the corner.

    After grabbing your weapons, you retrace your steps out of the Emerald Guard barracks. You pass two more bodies at the door, then you are back on the streets of the Inner City.

    You run for the gates. Thankfully, at this hour there is no one on the streets, but as you approach the main gate, you see four members of the Emerald Guard blocking your way. One raises his hand, indicating that he wants you to stop.



    OOC: The guards are 120 ft away, wearing half plate and carrying ranseurs.



  6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf expert

    Aeroz draws and loads his crossbow

    "Out of our way"

    He takes aim

    [OOC: readying action, if they charge, Aeroz fires]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    Upon seeing the guards Sedryn invokes a prayer, "May Lathander's Blessing be upon us all." Then louder, still moving toward the gaurd, Sedryn says "Certainly, my good sir how may we assist you?" Sedryn attempts to move with 30' and then enchant the gaurd leader.

    {OOC - Sedryn casts Bless on all of the party, +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves vs fear effects duration 3 minutes. Then if he gets within 30' of the guards he will cast Charm Person on whoever appears to be the leader, Will save DC 13 duration 3 hours.}
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    "Today we march under the raven and the dragon! ATTACK!"

    *Lithandrill loses himself in the euporia of battle and charges the nearest guard.*

    d20+8 to hit. 2d6+4 dmg

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    At Sedryn's words, the leader of the guards seems to hesitate for a moment and almost seems to relax.

    Unfortunately, the spell is broken as he sees Aeroz level his crossbow at them and as Lithandrill screams and charges toward him.

    The leader is cut down immediately by Lithandrill's greatsword. The two of the other guards draw their swords, while one turns and runs toward the gatehouse, presumably, to raise an alarm.


    OOC: Sedryn casts bless as you appoach the guards (surprise round), then casts Charm Person. Aeroz readies an action. Lithandrill disables one of the guards. Awaiting Wottworte's action.

    Initiative order:

    Sedryn: 20 (19+1)
    Aeroz: 19 (16+3)
    Lithandrill: 14 (15+1)
    Wottworte: 11 (3+8)
    Emerald Guards: 9

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Over there!

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    (OOC: Whoa, sorry. Valentine's Day weekend and all that.

    ...I love my fiancée! :D )

    Wottworte, Halfling Expert

    *Wottworte frowns when he sees the guards. While the rest of the group seems content to either cast spells or rush into combat, he hangs back, waiting for a tactical opening. He draws his rapier slowly and maneuvers to get into a position to use it...*
    \"Family man\" is a template that can be added to any male humanoid. He gains the subtype \"Tool.\"

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    Sedryn will shift 5' toward the gate house and casting defensively DC 17 (if anyone is near him), summon a Celestial Badger and place it between the gaurd and the gate house.

    {OOC - Summon Monster I, full round action, range 30', duration 3 rounds

    Celestial Badger
    HP:6
    Move: 30
    AC: 15
    Attack: Claw +4 1d2-1
    Full Attack: 2 claws +4 1d2-1, bite -1 1d3-1
    Special: Rage - if the badger takes damage he flies into a rage +4 STR, +4 CON, -2 AC. *Rage lasts until the badger or the opponent are dead. *Badger can't voluntarily end the rage.

    Smite Evil 1/day +1 damage
    Darkvision 60'
    Cold, Acid, Electricity Resistance 5
    Spell resistance 6}
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    [OOC: Aeroz scraps the readying action bit.]

    Aeroz Fires the crossbow at the guard near the guardhouse

    For hit: d20+5

    Damage: 1d8+3
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    [color=Red][Lithandrill/color]

    *Lithandrill takes a steptowards the next opponent and once again slashes him with his blade.*

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The guard running toward the gatehouse skids to a stop in surprise when a small silver haired badger suddenly appears in his tracks.

    The guard is about to thrust the badger with his ranseur when Aeroz's crossbow bolt catches him between the shoulder blades. He arches his back and cries out in surprise and pain.

    As Lithandrill closes on the two remaining guards, one thrusts towards him with his ranseur. Ducking under the thrust, Lithandrill slashes upward, drawing blood.

    The wounded guard steps back and both he and his partner jab their ranseurs at Lithandrill. Lithandrill, feels the spearhead of one slip between two plates of armor into his left flank.

    The third guard tries to overrun the small badger, but is driven back by its small, but sharp, teeth and claws.

    Meanwhile, Wottworte edges around the outside of the melee and finds himself with his back against the Inner Wall, looking at the backs of the two guards as they try to keep Lithandrill at bay.


  15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Over there!

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Wottworte, Halfling Expert!

    Perfect.

    *Wottworte holds for a moment, waiting for the opportune opening in which to strike. When he gets the chance, he thrusts the rapier into the back of the nearest and most apparently wounded guard.*
    \"Family man\" is a template that can be added to any male humanoid. He gains the subtype \"Tool.\"

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    Sedryn rushes to Lithandrill's side stayinr out of the areas threanted by the guards, and tries to asses the wound. *If it appears very he will sack Lesser Restoration to cast CMW, or if it doesn't look to bad he will cast CLW. *(If he can't tell he will cast the CMW.)

    {OOC - Spot +2, Heal +8, Rolls on the way.}
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn places his hand on Lithandrill's left shoulder (carefully avoiding any spikes), and the wound on Lithandrill's flank stops bleeding immediately.

    Meanwhile, Aeroz has reloaded his crossbow and he shoots the same guard again, disabling him. As the guard drops to his knees, the celestial badger's jaws clamp down on his right wrist and the ranseur clatters to the cobblestones.

    Reinvigorated, Lithandrill closes with the two remaining guards as they thrust at him. Both ranseurs skid off of his heavy armor as he whirls forward. Lithandrill roars as his greatsword decapitates one guard and then bites deeply into the second's side.

    The guard grimaces and falls back, attempting to stab Lithandrill one more time, only to be run through by Wottworte, who had snuck up behind the melee.

    With all of the guards either slain or disabled, nothing stands between you and the old town beyond the Inner Wall.



    OOC: Sedryn judges the wound to be mild and casts CLW on Lithandrill. Aeroz reloads and fires his crossbow. Lithandrill finishes off the wounded guard and then hits the second guard. Wottworte sneak attacks (failed critical) the second guard, disabling him. Final result: one guard slain, three guards disabled or dying.


  18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    "I was hoping to charm our way past them. Oh well." reflects Sedryn

    Sedryn dismisses the badger and quickly asseses the wounded. If any seem in imediated danger of dying he will cast Cure Minor Wounds (1 point) before continuing to the ship.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    *Lithandrill lies the dead guard against a wall and lies his ranseur next to him*

    "You where a worthy opponent may your afterlife be peacefull"

    *He finishes with a prayer in draconic."

    "Now lets get out of here before more of them arrive!"

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    "Good thinking"

    Aeroz heads to the guard tower to see if there is a lever ot open the gate
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The main gate was barred shut, but the four of you are able to removed the iron-reinforced oak beam without too much difficulty.

    You open the gate slightly and slip out. Behind you, you can hear the alarm being raised. Your escape has been discovered. However, since the gate guards were dispatched quickly, you have several minutes headstart.

    A lightening of the sky in the east reminds you that dawn will soon break. The docks are downhill mostly from the Inner City, but it will still be a good 10 to 15 minute run if you plan to head straight there to look for the Sea Lion.



    OOC: Please check the OOC thread when you get a chance.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    Upon hearing the alarm Sedryn heads as quickly as he can for the ship.

    {OOC - How many Cure Minor Wounds did I cast to stablize the guards?}
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf expert

    Aeroz also makes a break for it. Looking around every so often to see if they are being followed

    [ooc: spot check, 14]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Lithandrill, and Sedryn make their way through the crooked streets of the Old City down toward the docks. As best they can tell, they don't seem to be being followed. The few people on the streets pay them no mind. Aeroz's eyes dart back and forth, and he occasionally looks behind them, but he sees no sign of pursuit.

    You are more than halfway to the piers when you realize that Wottworte isn't with you. The rasta halfling seems to have peeled off, perhaps deciding that he would be better off alone than in a group.

    When you arrive at the docks, you see quite a bit of milling around. Crews and loaders are working feverishly to prepare a good score or more ships (varying from small fishing boats to large warships) for departure at daybreak. It doesn't take long for you to find the Sea Lion (a large galley), but as you arrive, you see that its moorings are in the process of being thrown off, and a half dozen longboats are about to begin towing it out into the harbor.

    You are running towards the gangplank, which has not yet been retracted, when a hooded, green cloaked man steps out from behind a pile of crates and raises his hand to halt you.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    What now?

    *Aeroz draws one of his rapiers*

    "What do you want with us?"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default LithandrillRe: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    *Lithandrill comes to a halt just in front of the figure, his greatsword still in his hands. He stands towering above the figure.*

    "State your business or step aside man, I don't have much time."

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    Sedryn says to his companions, "Can we let the man talk? Must your swords do all your thinking for you?" His exasperation showing over the unnecessary death of the guard.

    Addressing the green cloaked man, "How can we help you, as you can see we have a ship to catch." pausing to hear what the man has to say.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The man lowers his hood, revealing his pale, gaunt face. It is Prozen, the Queen's Investigator.

    "You've arrived just in time. Where is the halfling?"

    When you explain that Wottworte seems to have gone his own way, Prozen shakes his head grimly. "Well, let us hope that Yondalla watches over him. I suspect he seriously underestimates the danger he is in."

    As he says this, he seems to be reminded of the urgency of the situation.

    "The good news is that the Emerald Guard has no jurisdiction outside of Hlondeth, but on the other hand, the Queen's aegis will not extend across the sea either. You three will be on your own in a sense; yet, I think you will be safer across the sea than you would be if you stayed in Hlondeth.

    "Having said this, you will still have many enemies. A bounty will no doubt be placed on your heads as "escaped assassins of a Thayan ambassador". Thay has spies everywhere. No doubt they will be on the lookout for you here and in the East.

    His voice drops to a whisper, "The assassin you saw was a shadow walker. She and her team will no doubt be returning to Telflamm with the kris knife.

    "The kris is an artifact created centuries ago by a necromancer from the Vilhon Reach named Sethra. It has great power and, in the wrong hands, could seriously compromise the chances of peace between Hlondeth and Thay. No doubt this is why the traitors in the Emerald Guard have allied with the Shadowmasters of Telflamm.

    "Intercept the assassins before they reach Telflamm or track them down there. Avoid capture, rescue the kris and return it to Hlondeth and you will be pardoned and richly rewarded.

    "Thay and Telflamm have their spies, but so do I. My agents will have their eyes on you. They can not afford to act openly to assist you, but they will report back to me on your activities. I trust that you will not disappoint me.

    "I have arranged passage for you to Velprintalar, capital of Aglarond. After that you will have to make your way to Telflamm as best you can. Best of luck, for both your sake and the Queen's..."

    Prozen turns his back on you and vanishes into the crowd.

    You are able to get on board just as the Sea Lion pulls away from the dock. Once the galley enters deeper water, the slaves begin to pull on their oars, and you head out toward the rising sun.



    OOC: The sea voyage will be an opportunity to gather some information IC and to "roleplay" a little. If you need any OOC clarification about anything in Prozen's little speech, PM me or post the question in the OOC thread.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    "Intercept the assassins before they reach Telflamm or track them down there. Avoid capture, rescue the kris and return it to Hlondeth and you will be pardoned and richly rewarded.
    "Is that all?" comments Sedryn.

    "Thay and Telflamm have their spies, but so do I. My agents will have their eyes on you. They can not afford to act openly to assist you, but they will report back to me on your activities. I trust that you will not disappoint me.
    "Prozen, how will we know them? Is there a password? Is there a way we might get a message to you if needed?" Sedryn asks.

    "I have arranged passage for you to Velprintalar, capital of Aglarond. After that you will have to make your way to Telflamm as best you can. Best of luck, for both your sake and the Queen's..."
    "Did you remember our mounts as well?" Inquires Sedryn after him.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    "Sedryn, I could really care less if we had a god on our side, I just want out of this place. I have absolutely no desire to be chased across the sea, land or anywhere else. Besides, where are we being taken?"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •