Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334
Results 991 to 1,010 of 1010
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Hajih Human Ranger

    Swinging his crossbow from its hook on his pack, Hajih fires his already loaded bolt.
    (OOC: Drawing crossbow and firing bolt at the nearest Grimlock))
    Heavy Crossbow +6
    Damage:
    HP 23
    AC 15
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

  2. - Top - End - #992
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lissa, rogue

    Lissa curses fervently as Sheyra falls. The rogue starts reloading her light crossbow once more with frantic haste. "That wasn't a fatal shot, or even a disabling one... those bolts must be poisoned!" She sights on the lead grimlock, loosing her bolt with another twang. "Sedryn's right! Got any brilliant ideas, Darius?"

    (OOC: Load and shoot again. HP 22, AC 17.)

  3. - Top - End - #993
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The_King_of_Durf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    "We could always go towards th' light. I think the poison in me is slowing my train of thought... and when did you grow two heads? Oh wait, never mind."

    She's back to three again, that was a close one. Pink elephants!
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

  4. - Top - End - #994
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lumpy, Half-Orc Warrior

    Lumpy shifts afterr the next volley, trying to keep his braod form between Darius as he tries to cut the ropes. The motion is reminiscant of a bodyguard defending his charge, and seems strangely out of place from a nearly total stranger. Again he speaks, hardly more than a grolw shaped into words, "Even if ya cut the bridge, they can still shoot us."

    He shrugs, regardless, "Fight or flee, pick one. Ain't time fer a vote. He seems oddly content to let someone else make the decision, for his part still waiting for his flail to come into play.

    (OOC My bad.. I must've gotten wires crossed while I was finagling with stats. I did dex -1 and int -1. I think it's correct now, but someone should probably check it for me)

  5. - Top - End - #995
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HempRope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoooooo
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

    Achkby moves out from behind the rock, smiling grimly as the Grimlock he hit is wracked by another spasm of electricity from the same spell.

    He dashes towards the bridge, and cries to his friends, "Once we get this bridge cut, we'd better just flee! I'd rather try my chances against whatever's down that tunnel than against whatever's shooting us!"

    With that, he holds his hand just above the rope from the bridge that Darius isn't cutting, and casts the same spell as he did before, but faster, without any of the crackling syllables at the end.
    This time, viscous acid shoots from his hand. When it hits the rope, it starts burning the fibers away.
    "The acid should take care of this side!" he shouts into the chaos.

    [OOC]
    AC: 18
    HP: 14
    *2d4 electricity damage to the second Grimlock, form the spell cast last round.
    *(2d4?) acid damage to the rope holding the bridge to the ledge on the side that Darius isn't cutting
    [/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

    GO BLUE

    The biggest problem with the alignment system is that it encourages us to choose.

  6. - Top - End - #996
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default sRe: Into the East [IC]

    The first grimlock is almost to the ledge when there is a loud TWANG! as the last of the main ropes is severed. The remainder of the ropes snap in two -thwip, thwip, thwip, thwip!

    The bridge begins to fall, as if in slow motion. The half dozen grimlocks look up sightlessly as they drop. Most manage to hold on as the bridge drops away into the darkness. You can hear, but not see, the bridge slam into the far wall. A series of faint splashes follows.

    From across the yawning crevasse come some surprised voices in a language unfamiliar to you. More crossbow bolts streak across the chasm, and your group wisely decides to withdraw back into the tunnel. Sedryn picks up Sheyra and carries her out of harm's way.

    The tunnel is wide and dry, sloping gently downward. Your party is sheltered from any projectile fire, and after a few moments, your assailants give up and stop shooting.

    ...

    Ahead of you, you hear voices and can see a light source just around a bend in the tunnel. The voices become hushed whispers. It seems that they are aware of your presence as well ...

  7. - Top - End - #997
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lumpy, Half-Orc Warrior

    Lumpy looks disappointed that the fight ended before he got a chance to participate, but his face still retains some eagerness at the prospect of whoever might be around the bend. He speaks, loud enough to carry fairly well, though probably not intentionally, "We're kind'a in a hurry here. Those damned elves pobably know another way around, and I don't wanna be standing here when they find it."

  8. - Top - End - #998
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HempRope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoooooo
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    I'm assuming that my spell wasn't necessary, then?

    Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

    When the bridge falls, Achkby cries, "Excellent!," but the glow from down the tunnel quickly pulls him back into a grim mood.

    "Well, let's hope that whoever's down there is more friendly," he murmurs.
    He puts his sling back on his belt, and draws his spear. He holds it up, high over his head, and out in front of him, trying to peer as far down the tunnel as possible with the help of its light.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

    GO BLUE

    The biggest problem with the alignment system is that it encourages us to choose.

  9. - Top - End - #999
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The_King_of_Durf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Darius

    "Hahah!" Darius cackles out. He stands up to his full height yelling out "Burn in hell, scum!" as the bridge falls.

    When the party finally is out of reach he yanks the arrow from his body and throws it to the floor, stomping on it.

    "Sedyrn, could you heal Sheyra and I before we go into battle again? Tholse people are most likely dangerous, and I think the poison is getting to me."
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

  10. - Top - End - #1000
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Hajih, Human Ranger

    Swinging his crossbow back on his pack, Hajih draws his rapier and hammer and proceeds to take the lead "Bridge or no bridge, I'll take my chances with the unknown!"
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

  11. - Top - End - #1001
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The_King_of_Durf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Darius

    "If only you'd have told us it was the 'unknown' we'd be dealing with we might not have been so quick to hire you as our guide, but not is not the time. I'll have a word with you later." Darius says, but not with as much ferocity as he intended.

    Damn poison, damn Hajih, damn Underdark..
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

  12. - Top - End - #1002
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lissa, rogue

    Lissa cheers as the bridge finally falls, taking the grimlocks with it. "Woo-hoo! Take that, you..." She proceeds to cast aspersions on the drow's ancestry, personal hygeine and private habits. Seeing the rest of the group head towards the tunnel, Lissa beckons her dancing lights over and does the same. The colorful lights zip toward the gnome and hover over her head as she peers around her comrades' legs and down the tunnel, crossbow at the ready.


    (OOC: I'm assuming she didn't get a chance to fire the bolt she loaded earlier. Ready action to fire if something obviously hostile shows itself.)

  13. - Top - End - #1003
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

    Aeroz straps his crossbow to his leg and draws his rapier and dagger. He stays low and approaches the rest of the group. He faces the direction that the sound is coming from, but keeps an eye on all other possible directions.

    "Keep alert. There are spells that can mimic sounds, so the could come out from anywhere."
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  14. - Top - End - #1004
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lissa, rogue

    Lissa cranes her neck to look up at Aeroz, wide-eyed and innocent. "Wow, really? There are spells that mimic sounds?" She smacks her forehead. "I would never have known that! Will you teach me to pick a lock next, Mister Aeroz Sir?" The gnome giggles at the elf's glare, elbows him in the leg and winks up at him before returning her attention to her crossbow. "Ghost sound is one of three minor spells that every reasonably intelligent gnomish child learns. Don't ask me why, it's just the way things are."

  15. - Top - End - #1005
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HempRope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoooooo
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

    Achkby ignores Aeroz's needless comment and keeps watching.

    Yeah, but why would anyone bother to make it seem like there's all of that commotion down there and do something for light? I don't think that this is just a distraction...
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

    GO BLUE

    The biggest problem with the alignment system is that it encourages us to choose.

  16. - Top - End - #1006
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

    "Hardy har smarty pants. Perhaps I was taking into consideration that maybe Darius, the half orc or our inept guide did not know, or didn't think to remember, huh?" Aeroz comments as he nudges Lissa with his knee. "Besides" Aeroz's voice drops to a low whisper "its better that they either know we are aware of it or they think that we are stupid."
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  17. - Top - End - #1007
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lumpy Half-Orc Warrior

    Lumpy watches the others argue impatiently for a bit, then scowls, stepping away from the wall towards the middle of the passage, muttering, "Screw this."

    He clears his throat, bellowing down the bend, "Hey, out with ya, before I hafta come in! We ain't got all day!" Under his breath, "..or night, whatever."

    His hands flex around his flail, waiting for a response of some kind, and looking about ready to charge in.

  18. - Top - End - #1008
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Hajih, Human Ranger

    You be inept too if you were the one who nearly died

    "Regardless, this is the underdark, so we were bound to run into something eventually. Be mindful, I was hoping for more 'friendly' adventurers like our intrepid half-orc and resident simpleton" Hajih remarks before taking a swig from his flask.
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

  19. - Top - End - #1009
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lissa, rogue

    Lissa tries to dodge the incoming knee, but with the tight quarters and Aeroz's speed, she doesn't quite manage. "Owwww...", she grumbles. "Gosh, can't you take a joke?" Despite having been kneed in the face, the gnome's hands remain steady on her crossbow.


  20. - Top - End - #1010
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    As your party cautiously moves down the passage, you hear a loud, piercing whistle echo from behind you, across the chasm. After three blasts, the whistle goes silent.

    "A signal." Sedryn looks concerned. "Others will come. We have to leave this area ..."

    Lumpy shouts out a challenge as you move towards the light and voices in the tunnel. When there is no response, your party moves forward, weapons ready. Sedryn carries Sheyra in his arms protectively.

    Rounding the bend, you find yourselves face-to-face with another group of adventurers. Like yourselves, these adventurers appear to have recently been in combat. They look battered and bloody ... and decidedly suspicious.



    OOC: To be continued in The Sea of Starry Night ...





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •