Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1010
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    Si'rene doesn't answer Aeroz directly, instead addressing Sedryn, "I think your friend here has had a bit too much to drink. He doesn't seem to be making much sense. Maybe you ought to walk him back to his cabin before he falls overboard looking for an inn ..."
    "I doubt he is that fuddled and as he said we have had a trying night." Sedryn replies.

    "Ladies, I thank you for sharing your tales of your homelands. Could you tell us of any laws or customs that differ from the ones we are used to so that we may not inadvertantly offend? Or of any intrigues we should avoid?" asks Sedryn.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Yet again, the women laugh.

    "Priest of Lathander, you ask extremely challenging questions. We are not so unlike you westerners. Certainly we are not as alien as, say, the Thri-Kreen in the Shining South. For the most part, we are guided by the same principles as in all civilized lands of the free peoples - revere your gods, honor those that came before you, and live and let live.

    "But let me bend that last rule just a bit and ask, what happened last night that was so trying?"

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    "Just a little mix up with the emerald guard, nothing more. So, what was the next stop on the boat?"

    Aeroz yawns and stands up, " Man, I'm exhausted, I think ill hit the sack after this drink"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    "Yes the Elf is right I am tired as well. Besides all the geography talk is making me sleepy. I'll see what it looks like when we get there."

    *Lithandrill flips a few gold coins to the bartender and will head for his room if there is notihng more to say."

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    "They are right it was just a mix up with the city guard, the result of stumbling into an intrigue we knew nothing about, which is why I ask. Well, good night Ladies have a final round on me." Sedryn replies as he leaves to get some sleep paying the bartender on his way out.

    {OOC - I will be unable to post until Monday. See you then.}
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    "Well ladies, thank you for your conversation. I think I'll be going to sleep right now"

    Aeroz heads to his sleeping area, removes his armor and weapons except for the daggers, puts the equipment as a pillow and goes to sleep.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    "The Emerald Guard?" The women look at you with what seems to be a little more respect. Like most adventurers, they have no great love for "the establishment". They actually seem sorry to see you leave.

    You retire to your cabin. You share a single room with four beds (two sets of bunk beds). Obviously, one was meant for Wottworte, but since it is just the three of you, you have one extra unused bed.

    Between the lack of sleep you got the night before and the rocking of the galley, you soon fall fast asleep.

    The night passes uneventfully, but in the morning you find a small package outside your door.



  8. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    Rubbing the last bit of sleep out of his eyes, Aeroz, spots the package and picks it up. He rattles it a bit* and then opens is, carefully


    [OOC: * listen check to see whats inside, sending you the roll]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz hears some metallic items rattle inside the package, but the package does not appear to be trapped.

    When he opens it (cautiously) he finds 4 gold signet rings inside and a note:

    "Dear friends,

    "If you are reading this, then you are already on your way to the East. Please accept these small tokens of thanks for all of your hard work.

    "By the way, I have a friend in Velprintalar named Baran. If you run into him, please give him my regards. Like you, he is a connoiseur of fine wines and can often be found sampling the wares at a tavern called The Boar's Head.

    "I wish you much success on your journey and I hope to see you again soon.

    "Sincerely, P."



  10. - Top - End - #130
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    "These must be from Prozen" Aeroz thinks out loud

    He dons his chain shirt, straps his crossbow to his back and slips the rapiers into their sheathes on his belt. He then dons two of the rings and puts the the box with the other two on Lithandill's Bunk

    He then goes to the mess hall for some breakfast and a midmorning drink.

    [OOC: he still has the daggers in his sleeves and boots from last night]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The women you met last night appear for breakfast as well. They greet you warmly, then burst out laughing (yet again).

    Looking at your armor and weapons, Si'rene smirks, "Aeroz, is there a dragon loose on the ship that we don't know about?"

    Angela, perhaps more observant that the others, comments, "Those are some lovely rings master Aeroz. If memory serves, you weren't wearing those last night. You haven't been lightening the purses of any fellow passengers have you?"

    Tiriel simply smiles and dives into a large plate of ham and eggs.


  12. - Top - End - #132
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    *Lithandrill get up and rubs some of the sleep out of his eyes. His common sence tells him that he should probably should don his plate mail, but decides against it. He does however strap his sheath with his massive blade across his back. As soon as he finds the rings and reads the note he throws one of the rings in his pack and places the remaining one where the cleric will probably see it.*

    "Somehow I have the feeling jewelery doesn't suit me. Well time for breakfast."

    *Lithandrill walked towards the mess hall still alf sleeping and feeling yesterdays ale in his head alittle. He greets Earoz as well as the three ladies.*

    "Goodmorning Goodman, Goodmorning Ladies, I trust this night's sleep was a little more rejuvinating than mine?"

    *He orders a simple break fast and a mug of ale.*

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    "I doubt that there is a dragon, I'm just the cautious type" he says with a laugh "These rings?, oh, they are just from a severance package we just recieved before we came on the ship. When I was rummaging through my stuff, I found them."

    Aeroz, gets himself some eggs and some scotch and sits down for his breakfast.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    As Aeroz looks around, he realizes that almost everyone else in the mess hall is dressed in simple clothes or, in a few cases, leather armor. With the ever-present threat of shoals, kraken, or storms, most sea-faring passengers have no desire to encumber themselves in metal armor until they are back on solid ground.

    There are two notable exceptions, however. In a far corner, their backs to the wall, are two large men in full plate. Between them sits a young girl. The girl eats her breakfast silently, without enthusiasm. Her "escorts" eye the room warily. Their longswords are sheathed, but their hands rest on their pommels.

    Aeroz is just about to point out them out to his breakfast companions, when shouts can be heard from above coming from the ship's crew. A few passengers point out of one of the mess hall's windows - another ship is closing from the southwest.

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf expert

    Aeroz eyes the guards, then his attention is focused on the ship approaching. He carfully checks if he can see the flags on the ship, chuggs down the last of his whiskey, and begins to see how other people are reacting

    [OOC: Congrats on the new kid Daring. By the way, have you noticed that our party is fueled by alchohol?]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The ship is a light corsair flying a black flag with a gold stripe. It has likely been closing on the much larger but heavier Sea Lion all morning and now matches the Sea Lion's course and speed about 100 yards off to starboard.

    A couple dozen marines (leather armor, cutlasses, heavy crossbows) stand in formation between two lines of rowers under the black triangular mainsail.

    The captains of the two ships seem to be having an argument.

    The passengers for the most part seem curious rather than concerned. Tiriel voices the question on everyone's mind, "I wonder what's going on?" Angela studies the black ship's markings. "Mulhorandi," she announces. The two fighters in plate mail escort the small girl out of the Lion's Mess.

    You hear the captain of the black corsair shout, "We both know they are on board! Hand them over quietly and there will be no trouble!"


  17. - Top - End - #137
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf expert

    "beg your pardon, who?" Aeroz asks casually "By the way, do you know anything of those two men in full plate escorting that girl?"

    Aeroz, fumbles with his crossbow, loading it and resiting it on his knee, under the table when he sits down again.

    [OOC: If anyone charges for Aeroz, he will fire first.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    *Lithandrill hears the captains fighting and desides to "help out". He walks updeck and draws his Longbow and a sly smirk draws across his face*

    "I don't know what you want Sir, but I do know that you are not going to get it while Lithandrill Elanor of Battle Dale still draws breath. Besides asking nicely isn't to much to ask is it?"

    *He nocks an arrow and fires a warning shot towards the captain. (100 feet should be easy with a compisite longbow)*

    "Now Sir I suggest you turn around, or otherwise that ship of yours will sail under my flag before sundown!"

    ((If they decide to attack I will open fire and when the ship begins nearing boarding distance I will draw my Greatsword))



  19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    After waking and noticing his companions gone, Sedryn mutters aloud "Must of have more tired than I thought." Sedryn quickly dons his priest robes and as he is about to leave the cabin notices the small box. Quickly examing it and the note, puts on the ring and hides the note in his spell componet pouch, then continues to the deck.

    Sedryn finds a spot out of the way then facing the raising sun prays and meditates for an hour, then heads to the mess hall when he notices the ship approaching.

    Sedryn then heads to his cabin to get his weapons and shield. Armor would take to long to put on, he thinks.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Angela notices Aeroz loading his crossbow and asks, "What are you doing? You're not seriously planning on taking on the entire corsair yourself are you? Hey, where did Lithandrill go?"

    That question is soon answered when everyone hears Lithandrill's shouted challenge from on deck. The passengers, crowded around the windows facing the black ship, gasp when an arrow hisses across the 300 ft between the ships and sticks into a beam not too far from the corsair's captain.

    The 24 Mulhorandi marines kneel and take aim with their crossbows, but their captain raises a hand and orders them to hold their fire.

    Meanwhile, everyone in the mess hall can hear frantic footsteps from the Sea Lion's crew, then a commotion as Lithandrill is wrestled to the ground by several members of the Sea Lion's crew. "Get that fool below decks!" the Sea Lion's captain orders.

    "You have 10 minutes!" the captain of the black corsair shouts to the Sea Lion's captain.




  21. - Top - End - #141
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    "What in the nine hells do you think you are doing man!!!" he shouts to Lithandrill "You would have to be a complete idiot to pull something like that!!!"

    He turns to Angela "What the hell is going on?" he asks with a worried tone in his voice
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    "I wonder who they are after?" she replies. "I don't think this ship can outrun theirs, and this is more of a cargo ship than a military vessel, so I doubt that the crew will be able to outfight the Mulhorandi."

    Si'rene adds, "I don't see that the captain of this ship has much choice. He has to give up whomever those Mulhorandi are after. He's probably negotiating for some compensation however."

    Sedryn returns just about the same time that Lithandrill is escorted back into the mess hall, sans weapons, by several crew members. "Everyone stay down below! No one is allowed on deck!" one barks.

    The passengers begin to look more concerned. "Who are they after? What's going on? Why doesn't the captain just give them what they want?" A few look enviously at Aeroz's armor. Many edge away from the open windows, just in case any shooting starts.

    After the ten minutes are almost up, the door to the mess hall opens and the Sea Lion's captain and 6 crewmen armed only with cutlasses enter. "Where are they?" he asks.


  23. - Top - End - #143
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz Elf Expert

    Aeroz lowers his crossbow from his knee under the table.

    "Where are who captain?" Aeroz asks in an ususpecting voice.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    *Lithandrill shakes his head*

    "My my have people lost their spirits now aday? Very well, let them die they can count me out."

    *As soon as the 7 people enter he jumps to his feet and mutters to himself.*

    "People don't listen to me do they....."

    ((I will defend whom ever the 7 men want to take away, if I can get no weapons I will grab a chair or something else I can hit hard with.))

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The captain looks directly at Aeroz. "The Mulhorandi are looking for three fugitives. The captain of the Amon Ra requests that I turn them over into his custody. Normally, I would be loath to cooperate, but unfortunately the Sea Lion is not a fighting ship. Resistance would only get my crew and many passengers killed I am afraid."

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill, Roque Knight of Battledale


    *Lithandrill walks to the Captain and points his finger right between his eyes.*

    "Have you got no shame?! No dignity?! No honour!
    How can you just give away three people to save your own hide?! Three living being?! What if those three people where your wife and children, would you give them away as well? Like a slaver you give away lifes."

    *He takes a few steps back and stands onto a table.*

    "Hear me passagers of the Sea Lion! Even if all of you are afraid to fight. Even if the captain and his sqaudron of Elite marines can't find Courage in their hearths to defend us, I will. Even when you will all cower into the corner and damn other people to save your own life, I WILL BE THERE TO FIGHT FOR YOU! I don't know who those three people are, but I do know that I will rather die protecting them then put my own life above that of others!*

    *He points at the captain.*

    "That man, people, would give away each of your lifes to save his own! Would you willingly look away while he threw three of you into the lions den? IS YOUR LIFE WORTH MORE THAN OTHER?! Well act as you want, but I will die defending those three people, as well as all of you. That I, Lithandril Elanor Of battle dale, Servant of the Holy Dragon, Swear!"

    *He gets of the table and starts looking for something to defend himself with.*


    ((Thats Lithandrill from the knightly order of Tempus for you......make your Diplomacy untrained +0 checks, Intimidate +6 or whatever for it.))

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    It never even occurs to Lithandrill that the three of you might be the "fugitives" the Mulhorandi are looking for. Aeroz, however, is prepared for that possibility and rests his finger lightly on the trigger of his crossbow just in case.

    The captain addresses Lithandrill. "Honor and noble speeches are all well and good, but I am responsible for the well-being of my crew and all of the passengers, including you. There is no honor in dying a pointless death or bringing death to the innocent."

    He then addresses the gathered passengers in the room. "This is a matter between Mulhorand and Unther. The girl and her two bodyguards are terrorists and wanted criminals. If you know where they are you would do well to speak up now."

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    Aeroz raises an eyebrow. Thank the gods that wasnt usf

    Keeping the crossbow on his knee he asks "Terrorists?"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    ((Roleplaying reward: Less than zero. Sigh DM's hate fighters. And love rogues bah))

    Lithandrill

    "Ok **** this. I'm keping quiet. Honourless dogs. All of you."

    *Lithandrill sits down.*

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    Sedryn returning from his cabin with his arms and sheild sits in the mess hall unsure as to what action to take. Lathander guide me as to the proper course, Sedryn silently prays.

    "Captain, I do not know where the people they seek are but I am willing to aid in any way I can to defend the ship, crew and passengers." offers Sedryn.

    {OOC - Sorry I havn't posted, yesterday was nuts.}
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •