Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 1010
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The disfigured human rises from his isolated table.

    "Good captain, I know a little of the invasion of Unther by Mulhorand. While your guest maybe a terrorist in the eyes of the Mulhorandi, she may also be a rebel fighting for the freedom of her homeland. She may very well be a criminal. But, to pluck someone off a ship in the middle of the high seas seems egregious. I will join the others who have offered help in the defense of the ship and lend my sword to your service."
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz Elf expert

    *Sigh* "Well then, I guess I have no choice in the matter. If we go under attack, then I defend the ship..." He stands up, and rests his crossbow on his shoulder.

    " do you have any place where I can get a clear shot and not get pegged myself?"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The captain's manner softens when the four of you vow to oppose the Mulhorandi. "Aye. My heart longs to fight as well, but what can we do? Even combined, you adventurers and my crew would still be outnumbered more than two to one."

    Before you can work out a plan, shouts and running feet can be heard up on the main deck. The captain, his fighters, and the four of you run topside to find the crew gathered along the port railings, pointing down into the sea.

    Improbably, you see a small boat in the water - 10 ft long and 4 ft wide - with oars and a small sail. In the boat are the two armored men, two chests, and a small cloaked figure. The men pull on the oars as wind fills the sail. The boat pulls away, keeping the body of the Sea Lion between it and the Mulhorandi corsair.

    "They threw a box in the water and it turned into a boat!" exclaims a crewman.

    The captain assesses the situation quickly. "They'll need a distraction if they are to have any hope of escape." He nods to a crewman, and quickly Lithandrill's weapons are returned to him.



  4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf expert

    "Do you keep extra bows or crossbows on the ship? We could fire a barrage of flaming projectiles at them. That should slow her down. Also, we need mages. Ones that could use a sheilding spell to protect the ship to an extent. Sedyn?, do you know of any spells that might delay our attackers?"

    Aeroz looks around, "sorry captain, Its just a sugesstion
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The captain is not at all offended, and with a word he sends several crewmen down to the armory to retrieve a dozen heavy crossbows, which are made available to any of you who would like one.

    "How can we create the flaming missiles you proposed, master elf?"

    The Mulhorandi captain sees the activity on the Sea Lion and his marines start to take up defensive positions.

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf expert

    "We can put parchment over the bolts, then light them on fire. If we have anything that could explode, we could use small sachels attached to the bolts. If they come on board, we do need some way to fend them off. I need someone to gather up all the mages and clerics they can find on the ship. If they have ballistae, then we are seriously messed without proper sheilding. Clerics could also provide some protection and healing for the injured men. Its a longshot, but we can pull victory out of this. Everyone who cannot help should get off the ship. there is no need for any lives to be wasted"


    He pauses to think for a second "The mages could also cast offensive spells
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The ugly human arms his composite longbow. "I am a pretty fair shot with a bow. I can launch quite a few flamming arrows. If need be, I can also thin out their ranks before they board. Once they board, and if we fire on them they most likely will, I can hold my on in melee."
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    "What?! now the roque proposes the exact same thing as I do and then all of the sudden its a good idea?"

    *Lithandrill lets out a long drawn out sigh.*

    "May I suggest something similiar to the elves plan?"

    *Not waiting for a reply he continues*

    "We might be able to pull of a hit and run attack using the flaming arrows Aeroz here proposed. We get in close enough to get a clear shot, fire everything we have on their sails and get the hell out of there. Without their sails and with the confusion that the fire will cause we should be able to outrun them."


  9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    "A good plan, I would prefer any action that didn't result in unnecessary death. I do have another option, if we get close enough, I may be able to 'convince' the captain to turn back. If I fail, then we could open fire on the sails and sprint away"

    If this works we may minimize bloodshed. If it doesn't we are in no worse situation.
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, ELf Expert

    "If we got too close, that would leave us open for a huge attack. It would be foolish to do so"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    "I have no direct offensive spells for this situation. I can Bless the entire ships company aiding our efforts and will provide healing to any wounded in the battle." Sedryn replies.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Frojoe21
    Aeroz, ELf Expert

    "If we got too close, that would leave us open for a huge attack. *It would be foolish to do so"
    "Perhaps so. Then it is decided, we will start firing at the sails whenever the captain has us in position."
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    A crewman provides a sheaf of parchment, and crossbows are passed out to the crew. Some fumble with the weapon, showing that some are not very experienced fighters.

    The other passengers mostly stay in the mess or nervously return to their cabins.

    The Mulhorandi observe your preparations and take up their positions, their crossbows ready to fire. The Mulhorandi captain gives your ship one last chance.

    "This is your last chance! Give them up voluntarily or we will take them by force!"



    OOC: Who's got a light?

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    Sedryn goes to the midpoint of the ship and prepares to cast Bless as soon as the archers are ready to fire.

    {OOC -

    Bless
    Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
    Level: Clr 1, Pal 1
    Components: V, S, DF
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: 50 ft.
    Area: The caster and all allies within a 50-ft. burst, centered on the caster
    Duration: 1 min./level
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
    Bless fills your allies with courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.
    Bless counters and dispels bane.}
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf expert

    "Hey, does anyone have a candle or something. And where are the mages?"

    Aeroz looks around to see if there are any

    "hey, wait, didnt they just leave. There is no reason to fight if we dont have what they want. But still, get ready to fire"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The disfigured man pulls out a piece of leather and speaks a few arcane words.

    After this action he knocks an arrow. "I am ready to fire."

    ((OOC: casts mage armor. 10% chance arcane spell failure))
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    OOC: The captain of the Mulhorandi vessel obviously is unaware that the girl and her escorts are making a break for it. The question is whether or not you are really committed to creating a "diversion" to give the fugitives a better chance of escaping.



    Aeroz, Sedryn, Lithandrill, the disfigured man who volunteered to fight, and about 8 crewmembers armed with crossbows are gathered along the starboard deck, taking as much cover as possible. The captain calls for torches, which are lit and passed around along with several sheets of parchment for each crossbowman or archer.

    You face two dozen Mulhorandi marines across 100 yards of water. The Mulhorandi have been able to observe your preparations. They move neither closer, nor farther away. A tense silence falls over both ships. The captain whispers, "It's a showdown. I wonder who will blink first ..."



    OOC: The disfigured man successfully casts mage armor. Sedryn blesses the company.

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    "Captain, we should hold our fire as long as possible, the longer we delay the more time they have to escape." Sedryn says and he readies his crossbow.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The two ships continue their game of "chicken" for several tense minutes, neither side eager to start shooting at each other.

    Eventually, however, the small boat becomes visible from behind the Sea Lion, the two armored men pulling desperately at their oars to aid the wind filling their sail. The Mulhorandi captain realizes that he has been tricked and, with a shout, he orders his ship to break away in order to circle back around to capture the Untherite fugitives. The black corsair tacks to starboard, pulling away from the Sea Lion.

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The disfigured man shakes his head. Blast their keen eyes.

    He looks to the captain and the others.


    "If we are going to aid in their escape, I suggest we should act now"
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    In response, the captain lights the parchment wrapped around the head of his crossbow bolt and lets fly toward the Amon Ra.

    The other crewmen likewise fire their flaming crossbow bolts towards the Mulhorandi ship.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    Sedryn aims his flaming bolt at the main sail and fires.

    {Sedryn will continue to fire at the sails, unless someone needs healing, then he will help them. *If the ships come within 30' Sedryn will cast heat metal on the crossbows.}
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    Aeroz takes aim and fires his flaming bolt at the ship.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    *Lithandrill nocks a burning arrow and fires away at the sails.*

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    "Well this will definately delay the Mulhorindi ship"

    The disfigured man lets loose his flamming arrows
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    A dozen flaming missiles hiss as they arc toward the Amon Ra.

    A few bolts fly wide or are undershot, but several missiles hit the sail, including one from each of you. The fire from Sedryn's and Lithandrill's shots snuff out upon contact with the heavy canvas of the sail, but Aeroz's bolt and the disfigured man's arrow smolder, and small flames can be seen where they (and a few other bolts) have landed.

    A flurry of crossbow bolts are sent back in reply. The Mulhorandi marines are not aiming at the Sea Lion's sails however ...

    Sedryn ducks behind a post as two bolts narrowly miss him, thudding into the deck. A third bolt glances off of Aeroz's armor.

    Lithandrill watches as a bolt sails over his head, sticking into a post behind him, but then he grimaces as a second bolt catches him in the thigh.

    The disfigured man calmly nocks another arrow as two bolts whistle past him.

    One crewman is killed outright when a crossbow bolt strikes him in the neck. Another crewman is injured by a bolt creasing his shoulder. The rest duck down behind cover as they work to reload their crossbows.



    OOC: The boats are two range increments from each other (-4 to hit). The fighters on the Sea Lion take as much cover as possible (+4 AC). Lithandrill takes 7 points of damage (current HP 16). One crewman is killed. One crewman is injured.

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Well, so much for avoiding bloodshed.

    The disfigured man adjusts his aim slightly and lets loose an arrow.
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    Aeroz reloads his crossbow, and fires again. After the bolt has been fired he turns to the disfigured man.

    "Your a pretty good shot, who are you anyways?"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The disfigured man smiles, or at least it seems like it might be a smile.

    "Thanks, it appears you have a steady aim also. *My name is Boris, Boris the Handsome."

    Again, seeming to smile at the irony. *"Noone ever believes that elves have a sense of humor"

    ((OOC: Thanks for letting me state my character's name.))
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    Aeroz laughs histerically.

    "Good sir, I am an elf, and I find that incredibly hilarious"

    Aeroz reloads his crossbow and aims for his next shot
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •