Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 1010
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nyna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    The Girl

    The girl stares off through the window, never noticing the knight's approach until he speaks. She flinches slightly and looks up, then relaxs slightly upon hearing his words. She turns her grey eyes on the knight, and though it she appears to have been crying, her eyes are no longer damp with tears.

    She mumbles something that sounds like acceptance to the knight and stands up slowly, looking one last time out the window as if hoping that one of the knights would rise to the surface and start swimming back to the boat. After a brief moment, she turns back to the knight.

    "You're the man that made speech in the mess hall before the... battle started, aren't you?" She murmurs quietly, yet with barely a hint of sorrow in her voice, "Thank you for trying to help us." She bows slightly to him, and a tear slips free and begins to make its way down her already tear-stained cheeks, marring her outward composure.

    She follows Lithandrill if he goes back to the table and will sit if offered a chair or bench seat or whatever. Otherwise she'll simply stand there near the table, or if Lithandrill doesn't go back she'll stay there until he does.

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    ((O_o the girl is a player? wow...))
    Lithandrill

    *As soon as Lithandrill hears the little girls acceptance he lets out a little sigh of relief, and smiles slightly*

    "Yes that was me indeed, come then i'll introduce you to my friends."

    *Lithandrill walks to the table his eyes darting across the bar for someone paying attention to the girl. As they reach the table he picks up an nearby chair and puts it down for the girl, he throws one more glance into the mess to make sure there is no danger.*

    "Well lets start with the elf. His name is Aeroz, don't know much more of him then that he can drink like a demon. Next we have Sedryn, he is an honoured priests of Lathander. Then there is Boris, don't be fooled by his not so pretty face for he is a kind soul."

    *Lithandrill grins sheepishly*

    "And then you have myself, rogue knight Lithandrill Elanor. And for the rest of this trip your faithfull protector."

    *He makes a extravagant bow before he sits down.*

    "And you might you be Miss?"



  3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nyna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    (OOC: :P Yes, the girl is a player. Yep. So... Anyways...)

    The Girl

    The girl gracefully takes her seat in the offered chair and nods to each of the people at the table as they are introduced to her. When Lithandrill is finished introducing everyone, including himself, she speaks. "Nice to meet you all. My name is Sheyra... Sheyra Relik." It seems like she added her last name as an afterthought, as though she had forgotten about it.

    She looks directly at Lithandrill, her stare intense. "So you will be my faithful protector now, will you? You do realize that you may end up like my previous escorts, right? I appreciate your offer, but I can't let anymore people die because of me." She closes her eyes as her sorrow threatens to overwhelm her once again. After a moment, she continues. "Thank you for standing up for us before, I do truly appreciate it." She smiles sweetly, though it never breaks through the deep pain in her eyes. She murmurs quietly, as though deep in thought, "I don't know how I'm ever supposed to get to Telflamm now... Why did this happen to me, Garent? She sighs.

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    "Miss I am sorry for your loss. May Lathander light the way of your valiant knights. I would be honored to say a memorial for your fallen knights. Please let me know how I might aide you." Sedryn says sadly, morning the loss of brave and noble men.

    {OOC - I agree with the count of 1st level spells.}
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Boris, Human Ranger/Wizard

    "I am very honored to meet you Sheyra. *If there is anything I can do to aid you, please don't hesitate to ask."

    Boris hesitate an instant before asking the next question. *"I do not mean to intrude, but why are the Mulhornadi after you? *They claimed you as a criminal and terrrorist, but you seem rather young to have commited such vile acts."

    "As to your concern about Telflamm, that happens to be my destination also. *You are more than welcome to accompany me."
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    "You look a little too young to be a terrorist to me. And dont worry about your bodyguards. If you are innocent in this matter, then their sacrifice has not been in vain."
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    When Lithandrill looks around the room, it doesn't look like anyone has really noticed Sheyra's presence. Soon, however, you anticipate that the room will begin to fill up with people looking for their noontime meal.


  8. - Top - End - #218
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Boris, Human Ranger/Wizard

    Looking to the others, "As I mentioned I am heading to Telflamm and it also appears the young lady is. By the by, where are you three traveling?"
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    Aeroz looks at the people entering the Lions Mess.

    "Perhaps we should take this conversation elsewhere, and avoid people thinking that their is a ghost on this ship. That would be the best idea in this case"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nyna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sheyra

    "Sure, I guess. I certainly don't need people thinking I'm a ghost in addition to thinking I'm a terrorist... She sighs heavily and stands up.

    She'll follow the group to wherever they decide to go to talk.

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Lithandrill, and Sedryn seem to ignore Boris' question, but everyone agrees that it might be best to relocate for now.

    The group retreats to Aeroz, Lithandrill, and Sedryn's cabin temporarily for some privacy.

    As you converse with Sheyra, it becomes clear that initial impressions were deceiving. She is clearly older than she first appeared, a teenager rather than a child. It was her small size threw you off at first.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    "Don't worry Miss, putting my life on the line for young ladies like yourself is what I do for a errr "living" "

    *Lithandrill pokes Sedryn with his elbow and whispers*

    "Where are we going actually?"

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    "Sheyra, I am pleased to meet you." Sedryn says.

    *Lithandrill pokes Sedryn with his elbow and whispers*

    "Where are we going actually?"
    "Lithandrill, you should work on remembering more than where you keep your weapons. We are headed to Velprintalar to retrive some stolen property, and if we cannot reclaim it there, we might need to travel in the direction of Telflamm to finish our task." Sedryn replies.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Your conversation is interrupted by light knocking at the door.

    "Hey, it's Angela. Are you guys heading over to the Lion's Mess for lunch or what?"


  15. - Top - End - #225
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    Aeroz opens the door a crack.

    "Angela, we seem to have a situation here. Keep quiet and take a look at this" he whispers. Then opening the door a little more, he reveals Sheyra. He then pulls her in, just to make sure that no one saw but her.

    "She was the girl who was supposed to have died with that armored man." he whispers again
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Angela slips into the cabin, her hood down. Her green eyes widen in surprise when Aeroz explains the situation.

    "If it becomes widely known on the ship that she is still alive, I am afraid that word might leak out to the Mulhorandi. People tend to blab, and there might be those who would actively seek to get word to Mulhorand in the hopes of some kind of reward. If the Mulhorandi wanted her badly enough to send a warship after her, they would no doubt pay handsomely to find out she was still alive and free."

    "She should probably stay out of sight for the duration of the voyage. Perhaps she should stay with us? I am sure that Si'rene and Tiriel wouldn't mind."

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    *Lithandrill jumps up*

    "Aeroz you can't just trust her like that, If I am to be the meatshield you can atleast be the brainst behind this team!"

    *His eyes narrow to slits and he turns to Angela*

    "No I am sure they wouldn't mind, for adventurers you fired precious little arrows in the last battle. I'll be blunt with you I don't trust you. The girl stays here tonight."

    *Lithandrill calm down slightly but his hand rests firmly on his blade ready to pull it lose in mere seconds. His gaze doesn't Leave the woman for a second*

    "But it is for Sheyra self to decide in the end, I won't force her to stay here, I will just advice against going with this women, for your own and her savety."

    *Lithandrill bows to Sheyra and takes a step back. But will still be ready to defend the Girl at all costs. In case of an attack he will show little mercy.*

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf Expert

    "Lithandrill, if you cannot trust anyone, then who are you going to anyways. Besides, how did you trust Boris so easily. For all we know, he could be biding his time, but we do trust him, so we owe that to Angela and her companions at the least. Sure they didnt fire much, but there might be a good reason. And what about prozen? He could be delivering us from one enemies hands to another. And what of Sheyra herself? She could be an assasin as well. Good freinds and allies are hard to come by, so please be a little more trusting in the future. But, if your suspicions are still there feel free to stay with Sheyra to make sure that nothing happens."
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    "True trust is shown in the heat of battle, I am a warrior and I saw how Boris fought. That is enough for me to trust him for the time being. As for Sheyra herself, If two knights found is neccesary to protect her I will trust their judgement. Besides if I don't look out for her she has only herself to protect her. Since you won't be much help as I see."

    *Lithandrill's voice is calm like making a statement instead of fighting with Aeroz.*

    "Oh and Prozen? I don't think anyone here fully trusts him anyway. He just gave us a adventure, I am helping him because I think that it will be fun, if I didn't want to go i'd get of at the next harbor and continue my journey."

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    "I agree, Prozen is not to be fully trusted, and Lithandrill has a point why did the three ladies sit out most of the fight? Aeroz, also has a point about extending trust. Let's hear what the Angela has to say and find out what Sheyra would like to do." Sedryn says.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Boris, Human Ranger/Wizard

    "I can understand anyone's suspicion, trust is not a cheap commodity. I think Sheyra will make the decision with whom she will stay. Luckily, we are on a relatively small ship, so no one who means to take here can go far."

    "There are still many questions I am hoping to get an answer. Such as why the Muhorandi authorities want her? Another, if I may ask, who is Prozen ?"
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Angela bristles slightly.

    "You should know that most of us on this ship have no great love for either Unther or Mulhorand, so there was not much incentive for any of us to get involved in what looked like a political situation. As I mentioned, even now there probably are passengers aboard who wouldn't hesitate to give up this Untherite girl for a handful of gold coins.

    "Having said that, however, once the bolts started flying, Tiriel and I didn't feel right standing by and doing nothing while the Mulhorandi turned new friends into pincushions. As it happened, your flaming arrows idea seemed to work better than I would have anticipated, and the battle was pretty much over by the time we arrived."

    Her green eyes flash as she continues, "I am not insisting that Sheyra stay with me, but I simply suggest that a young girl would probably be more comfortable staying with a group of women than a bunch of hard drinking, impulsive, occasionally boorish men!"

    "And, who is this Prozen you keep babbling about?"


  23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sedryn (Human Cleric)

    "Angela, I apologize if my words offend, We have some expernice with getting mixed up in 'political situations' and therefore,now understand your caution. Prozen is the person that has sent us on our current task to reclaim stolen property." Sedryn explains.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nyna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sheyra

    Amidst the knocking followed by argument followed by more speaking, a gentle snoring begins resounding throughout the cabin. Sheyra had fallen asleep, somehow maintaining her sitting position, arms comfortable crossed over her waist and her head facing downwards, eyes closed. Her exhaustion from the past couple of weeks, followed by the recent battle and the loss of her escorts, has finally caught up to her.

    (OOC: I apologize with the slight delay in my post, but with all the testing that's been going on the past couple of days in school I've been having difficulties staying awake myself, much less making coherent IC posts...)

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Angela whispers, "Well, I guess she's made her choice. But if I find out that any of you men have harmed a hair on her head, you'll have to answer to three pissed off females, got it?"

    She slips out, closing the door behind her.

    ...

    At sunset, the slain crewman is buried at sea. Sedryn, as the only priest on board, is invited to say a few words.

    ...

    The next several days pass quietly and uneventfully. Sheyra keeps a low profile, and Lithandrill often sneaks desserts and sweets back to the cabin for her.

    After nearly 7 days have passed, you begin to notice a change in the rhythm of the crew's patterns, they seem anxious and excited. Finally, one afternoon, you hear a lookout cry, "Land, ho!"

    The Sea Lion will dock in Spandeliyon harbor before sunset. The excitement among the crew and passengers is palpable after over a week at sea with nothing to look at except the waves and the sky.

    You will have one night ashore, then the Sea Lion will continue on to Ingdal's Arm in the morning.

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Aeroz, Elf expert

    Aeroz steps off of the ship and takes a deep breath. Ahh, land, how I've missed you oh so much. he goes to a wall and begins to stretch and try to get his land legs back.

    He then takes a few minutes to look around and see what this place is all about, while trying to not be offensive to any of the people.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Boris, Human Ranger/Wizard

    To the others, "If you plan to go ashore, do you mind if come along. I am not comfortable in urban settings, and my appearance seems to make my dealings quite ackward."

    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nyna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Sheyra

    Sheyra sighs. "I guess I'll have to stay in the cabin while you're gone. I'll catch up on my practice while you're gone, I suppose. Grab me something while you're out, okay?" She waves farewell, then sits cross-legged on the floor, slipping into a meditative state as she begins her pre-practice rituals.

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Lithandrill

    *Lithandrill leaps ashore and stretches with much comotion and noise.*

    "Its great to be back on solid groud! To be honest I don't care much for ships."

    *He makes a little dance while stretching his legs and then spends the next few minutes getting into his shining fullplate.*

    "Sure Boris, I would be honoured to have you with us today. Besides you spend the greater part of the voyage with us anyway."

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Into the East [IC]

    Your first glimpse of the Unapproachable East is, frankly, unimpressive.

    Spandeliyon is little more than a fishing village, notable only because it happens to be the westernmost settlement on the peninsula, and therefore the first stop for ships heading into the East and the last stop for ships heading out.

    You arrive on a cold, grey, drizzly late afternoon. The sky is grey, the sea is grey, the rocks are grey, and the low, stone and clapboard buildings, are grey. The port is filled with local fishing boats, but the Sea Lion is the only vessel docked that hails from across the Sea of Fallen Stars.

    Although it is good to be back on dry land, in no time find yourselves in (you guessed it) what passes for a tavern here in Spandeliyon. There were several choices along the wharf, but in the end you find chose "The Yellow Mermaid". The tavern is simple and plain, but seems to be popular with the locals. Most of the other passengers seem to have chosen other, fancier, (and undoubtedly over-priced) pubs that cater more to the "tourists" passing through, but those bars just aren't really your style.

    Angela and Tiriel have accompanied you, but Si'rene opted to stay on board, making a face and a comment about how pathetic and depressing she finds Spandeliyon. "I can hardly believe we even consider Spandeliyon part of Aglarond. It's full of little more than fish and humans that stink of fish."

    The six of you are the only "foreigners" in "The Yellow Mermaid." The locals for the most part seem to ignore you when you enter the main room. A couple of fishermen get up and leave, opening up a table for you to share. "The Yellow Mermaid" serves some surprisingly good fish and chips, which you enjoy quite a bit, and some mediocre beer, which you enjoy less. You ask for one order "to go" to take back to Sheyra.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •