New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Into the East [IC]

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

At sunset, the slain crewman is buried at sea. Sedryn, as the only priest on board, is invited to say a few words.
    Sedryn dresses in his vestments and has a quick chat with the Captain to learn about the crewman, his name and his Diety.

"We gather today to honor a fallen comrade, who lost his life protecting others from harm.." begins Sedryn. He continues his service telling stories of the crewmen's life, praising everyone who fought in an effort to delay the Mulhorandi, espesially the fallen crewman, asking Lithander to guide him to his Diety. He concludes with a few words of the sacrafice of the knights and their charge. "May Lithander light your way and lead them all to redemtion." Sedryn concludes just as the sun is setting.

Sedryn seeks out the Captain. "Captain might my horse and mule be unloaded so that they might get some exersize? I am sure your crew would not mind one day less of mucking out the hold."

Sedryn will exersize his horse and mule for a few hours then return them to the ship and meet up with the others at the pub.

After spending the evening at the pub Sedryn will return to the ship to spend the night so that Sheyra will not be discovered.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aeroz, Elf Expert

After spending a few hours at the pub, Aeroz will head back to the ship for some shuteye. Between the mission of Prozen, the Muldhori attack and the meeting of three rather stubborn women has burned him out.

"By the gods, I'd never thought that I would be glad sleepin in a cabin on a ship headed to somewhere I have heard so little about. Its going to be a rough few days"

Once he gets back to the cabin, he climbs on the top bunk, removes his chainmain, unbelts his his weapons and gets some sleep
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

The night passes uneventfully. In the morning, the Sea Lion makes preparations for departure, and last-minute supplies are brought on board. A few hours after sunup, the ship sets sail eastward, along the coast toward the next port.

When Aeroz, Sedryn, and Lithandrill return from breakfast, they find a note tucked into the doorframe. They half expect it to be some kind of message from Prozen, but instead they see the following words:

"I saw her with you. If you don't want them back on her trail, meet me in the bilge at midnight."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lithandrill

"Damnit whats this? Who wrote this? Aargh so much for my relaxing sea voyage"

*Lithandrill rubs his temples and shakes his head*

"Who could have written it....."

*He enters the rooms to Check if everything is alright With Sheyra.*

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Lithandrill, I think someone should stay with Sheyra all the time and we should includeAngela and her friends. It is also time we told the Captain. Then we can prepare for our midnight meeting." proposes Sedryn.
    Rodrick the Red

Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

6. - Top - End - #246

Aeroz, Elf Expert

"Perhaps we should know a little more about what we are getting ourselves into. Even though we are supposed to be protecting her, we should know what we are protecting her for. Something doesnt fit right."

He turns to Lithandrill

"Go fetch Boris and the others. We need a plan."

Spoiler
    Show

JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

7. - Top - End - #247

Sheyra is safe, and was completely unaware that a message had been left outside the door.

When Angela, Tiriel, and Si'rene are updated on the situation, they agree to aid you in any way you ask.

Angela scratches her head. "After the day of the battle, you've kept Sheyra pretty much out of sight, making it hard to believe someone has discovered her just now. On the other hand, if someone saw her in the mess hall that first day when you three/four took her under your wing, then why would that person wait 7 days before saying anything? Why write this note just as we left Spandeliyon?"

She turns to Sheyra, "And I agree with Aeroz. I would also like to know exactly why you seem to be so popular with so many slimeballs ..."

8. - Top - End - #248

Boris, Human Ranger/Wizard

"I think we need to find out who sent this note and what they want. Obviously, I will aid you in any way possible. I also agree with the others, it would be helpful if we knew more about our ward."
    Into the East: http://3ep.rpgprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=18008

9. - Top - End - #249

BlackDragon

Lithandrill

"I don't understand much of it myself......But I do know that I know as little about Sheyra as I know about you four."

*He motions to the three women and Boris.*

"Or my two companions for all that matters...."

*Lithandrill scratches his head and grins sheepishly*

"All I am trying to say is that even if Sheyra may have dark secrets so may you....or even me. All I know is that us four and Angela, and throgh her the other two women, saw her in that cabin. Thus that puts us on the list of possible traitors......but I somehow don't think that is the problem."

*Once again Lithadrill rubs his temples and mutters a few words in Draconic.*

"Boris, you are somewhat a student of the arcane as I understand? Would a wizard....or worse...be able to find Sheyra on this ship? Don't forget that it was a Thayan abassador that was killed, and the red wizards aren't really the most friendly bunch...."

*His line traces of as he realises that he talekd to much already."

10. - Top - End - #250

Quote Originally Posted by Lithandrill
    Lithandrill

"Boris, you are somewhat a student of the arcane as I understand? Would a wizard....or worse...be able to find Sheyra on this ship? Don't forget that it was a Thayan abassador that was killed, and the red wizards aren't really the most friendly bunch...."

*His line traces of as he realises that he talekd to much already."

"Without a doubt. Someone with sufficient skill in the arcane arts can locate and even monitor whomever they want if that person is not likewise sheilded. While not a terrible advanced skill, it is beyond my meager abilites."

11. - Top - End - #251

Sheyra

"I can understand your concerns with my past... However, I really don't know any of you yet, and it is something I would rather not speak of for the time being. Please, you must trust me on this matter, I have done nothing to offend the Mulhorandi other than living in the country that they invaded!" Sheyra says the last in a more forceful manner than her usual manner of speech, something she rarely does, and folds her arms, making it obvious that she'll say no more on the matter.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"Sheyra, Please do not be upset with us, we do not mean to pry, but any information could be helpful in protecting you and getting you to your destination. As to hardly knowing us there is truth in that for all of us. Let me tell everyone a little about myself. I grew up in a city, the fourth son of a prosperous and pious family. I joined the preisthood of Lathander as my father wished. Serving the temple, and tending to the cities sick and poor was very rewarding, but I began to wonder if I should go out in the world and bring the blessings of Lathander to other people and places. When the High Priest asked for a volunteer for a mission for the Order, I jumped at the chance. As is the habit of High Priests their instructions are not always clear. Mine said, 'I would know the mission when I saw it.' I am still trying to understand my directions. While traveling I stopped at an inn met my fellow cabin mates and was sent on a small errand to retrieve some stolen property. That is my story whose story shall we hear next?"
    Sedryn asks.
    Rodrick the Red

13. - Top - End - #253

"You are right Lithandril, I have been pretty mum about my background. I was raised on the edge of a forest, my father was a warden. I have always had an affinity for nature and my father nurished and encouraged it. Unfortunately, when I was younger my family was beset by a group of ruffians. They killed my family and would have done the same to me if not for a group of elves that saved my life. The elves gave me a home and protected me. They further strengthened my hunting talents. It was also from them that I was introduced to the art."

"After a time, I decided I had to leave my forest home. I made it my mission to track down those responsible for my family's death. I have reason to believe that the original ring leader is now part of the Shadowtheives in Telflamm. That is why I journey there."

"If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask, I have nothing to hide."

14. - Top - End - #254

Angela, Tiriel, and Si'rene briefly tell you a little more about themselves as well. All three live in Velprintalar, travelling about the East on occasion seeking adventure. Tiriel provides the muscle. Si'rene is an excellent archer as well as natural spellcaster. Angela is a "jack of all trades" and the "face" of the trio. As they mentioned before, they had travelled to the West to check out the fabled vinyards of the Vilhon Reach, but are now on their way home from their little "vacation".

Angela points out that there were a few other people in the mess hall who might have seen Sheyra and observed her talking to your group. Given the absence of any other young girls (or teens) on the ship, any person who had a chance to see Sheyra alive after the battle with the Mulhorandi could conceivably have come to the same realization as each of you did.

Angela also counsels against getting the captain involved. "The more people who are aware of Sheyra's situation, the more dangerous it becomes for her." On the other hand, if there is information the captain might have that would be helpful, perhaps it can be obtained without having to explicitly explain that Sheyra is alive.

OOC: Nice roleplaying everyone! I like how you are working your backgrounds into the conversation.

15. - Top - End - #255

BlackDragon

Lithandrill

*Lithandrill smiles as he listens to everyones story.*

"Well, now I know your stories it is only fair that I tell you mine in turn. I am the son of a short but fiery relation ship between a human knight and a half elf."

*Lithandrill ponders for a moment*

"Half elf half dragon that is, so i guess that would make me a quarter dragon. But as you can see my elven nor draconic bloodline shows itself on the outside. My father was killed in a battle with Eranox the Warmhearted a red dragon of questionable allignment. My mother tried to instruct me in the arts of the arcane, but some time later the dragon returned to my mother and me and gave me my fathers battle gear as if trying to show me that I should follow the path of a Knight. That encounter gave me the name Elanor, He who is blessed by Dragons. After that I became I knight but the life of a paladin didn't suit me thus I ran of to become the rogue knight I am now. In my search for the Dragon who blessed me I ended up in the tavern where I met my compa.....friends here. Well thats me for you."

16. - Top - End - #256

Aeroz, Elf Expert

Aeroz waits for everyone to finish their story before beginning his.

" I grew up in Calimport. My parents were wizards of some renown and during some experiment when I was a child, I was hit with some nasty amnesia. I spent the next 20 years in a small time theives guild and then when my memory came back, I went back to my parents. They kept pushing me to become a wizard, and I spent another years with them before I left. I went to a nearby tavern, crawled down a whiskey bottle and was stuck there ever since"

Aeroz takes a deep sigh.

[Sorry, had to work that Blazing Saddles quote in there somewhere. I based some elements of the back story off of the Wacko Kid's character. Man that was a funny movie.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257

As the sun sets, no decision has been made on how exactly to handle the requested midnight rendezvous.

Angela, Si'rene, and Tiriel offer their assistance, but the actual decision is going to be left to the rest of you.

They do make several suggestions however, including:

(1) Ignore the note

(2) Get to the bilge early and set up an ambush (Si'rene's idea)

(3) Confront the person in force and attempt to intimidate him or her

(4) Simply see what the person wants

18. - Top - End - #258

"I think our best plan is a combination of these options. I think we sould scout out the meeting area. Before the appointed time, those of us skilled at hiding can preposition ourselves. Then Lilthandrill can meet our mysterious author. He can find out his demands. If the situation gets dicey, then we can aid Lithandril. Or at least one of may be able to follow him to his cabin to continue the 'conversation' if needed or find out if he is in league with anyone else"

19. - Top - End - #259

BlackDragon

Lithandrill

"Sounds like a plan, I won't be much help sneaking around anyway. And if need be I we can always subdue our Stalker."

*Lithandrill losens his sword in his sheath.*

"Who will stay behind and make sure that Sheyra isn't sneaked away behind our back while we are away?"

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"I will be happy to stay with Sherya." says Sedryn.
    Rodrick the Red

21. - Top - End - #261

"Very well, I suggest we go investigate the bilge to get an idea of the tactical layout"

22. - Top - End - #262

Boris, Aeroz, and Lithandrill head out to scout out the lower levels of the ship.

You make their way through the cargo section, then down through the slave galleys, where there are three tiers of slaves pulling at their oars, adding their strength to the wind in the ship's sails. The slaves steal sidelong glances at the three of you, but say nothing under the eyes of the oarmasters. These sections are mostly open to the sky, so there is plenty of light here amidships.

Below a trapdoor, a narrow staircase leads down into the bilge, the lowest level of the ship.

The bilge is dark, damp, and rat-infested. You can hear squeaking and skittering as the rats flee from the light when you open the trapdoor.

There is no real "floor" here. The sides of the ship meet the keel in a "V" shape. Two narrow catwalks (only three planks wide) run the length of the ship, one along the port wall, the other along the starboard wall. In between the catwalks is water, probably one or two feet deep, that has unavoidably leaked into the ship. At 20 foot intervals, single planks (6 inches wide) run from one side of the ship to the other. The overall effect is like a "ladder" laying flat and running from the bow to the stern.

You've entered close to the rear/stern of the ship. It appears that there is another stairway all the way at the other end of the ship. There are also a smattering of hatches in the ceiling of the bilge, meaning that there are probably too many possibly entrypoints/exits for you to cover all of them.

There are also no really good hiding places, unless someone is willing to get off of the catwalks and crouch in the water.

23. - Top - End - #263

((OOC: Do the stair cases offer a hiding place?))

24. - Top - End - #264

OOC: One or two people could hide behind each staircase. Though they would be visible to someone actually on the staircase, they would be hidden/concealed from people elsewhere in the bilge.

25. - Top - End - #265

"Well, there doesn't appear to be any great hiding places. Bad for our original plan, but at least we don't have to worry about an ambush. A stealthy person can hide behind the stairs and the others can meet with the contact. Aeroz, I think amongst us, you are the most adept at hiding."

26. - Top - End - #266

Aeroz takes his place under the stairs a couple of hours before midnight, his crossbow loaded and held ready. Tiriel, Angela, and Si'rene agree to stay out of sight on the level above the bilge, ready to appear if called for. Boris and Lithandrill descend the stairs at midnight for their rendezvous.

The entire lower deck area is pitch black. Boris and Lithandrill stand, each holding a torch, peering into the darkness of the bilge. Again, they can hear squeaking and skittering, closer now than in the daytime. The rats seem to be staying just out of the reach of the torchlight.

An occasional drip echoes in the silence. The ship groans gently.

Meanwhile, Sheyra and Sedryn wait in their cabin, talking softly. A few minutes after midnight they hear footsteps outside their door, then three crisp knocks ... bang, bang, bang

27. - Top - End - #267

Sheyra

Sheyra flinches slightly, startled at the knock at the door. She quietly stands up (I assume we were sitting), slipping into a loose fighting stance, while whispering to Sedryn, "You don't think they're back already, do you?" She looks a little nervous, but no fear shows on her features. All of her attention is focused on the door.

28. - Top - End - #268

BlackDragon

Lithandrill

*Lithandrill is getting quite nervous and slightly paranoid of the moaning ship, the strange letter and the person they have to meet.*

"He's not coming.....You know that if this is a trap we fell for it with open eyes......"

*Lithandrill draws his sword, and notices at once that using a 5 foot blade in a confined space isn't all that great.*

"He's not coming....Its a trap......"

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sedryn (Human Cleric)

"No, I don't think so I think the meeting was a trick. Let's be quiet and hold ourselves ready and let them make the first move." Sedryn says quietly, then casts bless as softly as possible, after that he will ready himself to cast a spell when the door is opened.

Rodrick the Red

30. - Top - End - #270

Boris, Human, Ranger/Wizard

((OOC: Very sneaky, D.R. I fell for it hook, line, and sinker))

Boris' stomach clenches and his voice is almost caught in his throat when he hears Lithandrall's words. So obvious, how could I have been so easily fooled.

"If you are right, then both Sedryn and Sherya are in mortal danger. We had better hurry to them."

Boris calls out to the others, "It's a rouse, get back to the cabin"