New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The End Of The Multiverse As We Know It (IC)

Looking the strange man up and down, Zyethar extends his hand as he speaks.

"I don't believe we've met yet, Mr ... ?"
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

"Gareth, at your service. Just Gareth. Well, not just Gareth--there's also Gareth, Gareth, Gareth, Gareth, Gareth, Gareth, Gareth, and Gareth in here, plus Darkwing and Pico who refuse to talk to me. That's more Gareths than there were before! What fun! But you can call me Gareth." The human gives Zyethar a friendly smile as if they've known each other all their lives. Gareth's familiar gives a very un-raven-like sigh and hops forward from where it was sitting. "You have my apologies, sir. I am also Gareth, as is that psicrystal over there on my human body's belt. Your comrades can probably fill you in on the specifics--though Ban and Laurelin, I am a different fragment of Gareth than the one you last spoke with, as we have been rotating in and out so no single one of us deteriorates too much. Incidentally, Mr. Zyethar, that is how we know who you are; each time my original body left the Spire to switch out minds, the part of me in my psicrystal had just enough time for a quick divination concerning your comrades' well-being. The intelligence we contacted mentioned an unfamiliar name, so I did some additional checking on the next pass. You are quite famous among the Illumian people, so determining your identity and intentions was not difficult."

Raven-Gareth continues in a regretful tone, "Sadly, the others among you did not fare so well as you did against whatever sort of beast is following you around. They managed to destroy their Gem with the help of their mirror-duplicates, but the next few times we checked on them, our remote viewing was blocked. When we next saw them, there were only two left, the force dragon and the avatar of Tharizdun...but I am not sure whether those were the originals or the duplicates, and in any case they both appeared unconscious so I presume they are still in the Plane of Mirrors at the moment."
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

"... Gareth. Right. Well, nice to meet you I suppose."

The Illumian listens for a moment, barely giving the raven time to finish speaking before turning to the others, his impatient nature showing itself.

"Right. Plane of Mirrors. Shall we?"

Spoiler
    Show

I should be able to use my teleportation and plane shifting powers within the area of the spire, but only for myself or one other, because of my epic ability right? If so a quick (Ex) teleport for each of you to outside the range of the spire followed by a plane shift should be enough.
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Even (Ex) teleports won't work within 100 miles of the Spire; no deific powers work, there are no planar connections, even some of the more physics-breaking (Ex) abilities are barred. Think of the area immediately around the Spire as hyper-reality: anything your average human commoner couldn't do isn't going to work. We can timeskip the trip out, though.

Gareth waves goodbye and goes back to doodling in the dirt. After making the hours-long, irritating trek back away from the Spire's vicinity, Zyethar senses he is once again able to access the Astral to boost his speed and he whisks Ban and Laurelin outside of the Spire's influence to shift everyone to the Plane of Mirrors. You all find yourselves in a long hallway of featureless black and white marble; the hallway twists and turns at various angles and you can't see either end of the corridor, if such a thing even exists. Every few feet a mirror is set into the walls, or more rarely the ceiling or floor, each of which shows a scene somewhere else and none of which shows anything resembling your former comrades.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

"Anyone have a way of finding them, or shall I cast a divination?"
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2011-02-27 at 10:14 PM.