New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The End Of The Multiverse As We Know It (IC)

Ban and Zyethar

Brother Von raises an eyebrow, impressed at Zyethar's quick reconnaissance. "Well then. Sounds like you two are plenty prepared. Though since you're waiting until nightfall, I guess it's my job as the Waterdhavian expert to keep you occupied until then."

Von spends the few hours until dusk giving you a brief tour of some of the famous sites in Waterdeep--pointing out safehouses along the way in case things go sour--and treats you to dinner at an upscale restaurant run by a...special friend of his in the church. Then, when the last rays of light are fading from the sky, he prays over you and leaves to wait in a nearby tavern while you execute the rescue.

Spoiler
    Show
    Both of you get bear's endurance, owl's wisdom, fortunate fate, blindsight, and hand of divinity (last three are from SpC).
    Last edited by PairO'Dice Lost; 2010-09-21 at 04:43 PM.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Addressing Ban, Zyethar unsheaths his sword and holds it at the ready.

Want to both go in and unleash hell, or are you still of the mind that sneaking is the better way to go?
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Ban

Watching as his friend goes into the tavern Ban lowers his head a moment. "There's not much time for subtlety tonight...can't afford to leave anyone behind us alive that could stop us from getting back out." He says, his voice low. He looks up at Zyethar. "Just wanted to make sure we're clear on that." He snaps his fingers and an adamantine dagger appears in his other hand. "I say we go to the paladin's place. I don't see those types letting people like my folk out of their sight, once they got them."

Ban plays with his dagger as Zyethar reads from the scroll. "I may have to kill some guards, silently, before we're ready to spring them out. Wait for me to give you this signal..." Ban raises his hand and clenches and unclenches his fist three times in rapid succession, "...before you come in. Once they know we're there I want to be out of there in under a minute."

Pausing on his way out of the alley, Ban turns and looks at Zyethar. As the shadows slowly swirl around Ban and fade him from view, his disembodied head lasts for a moment, floating in the shadows. "Thanks for your help. You didn't have to, and you did." This last said as even his face fades, leaving nothing but a pair of jet black eyes that blink and are gone.

Letting his cloak flare out Ban lifts a few feet and skims along the ground, flying towards Helm's Hall. There will be blood tonight. Spotting the temple he slows down, looking for a way to pass the guards and enter the temple.

Spoiler
    Show

Ban casts Pass Without Trace, Ebon Eyes, Low-Light Vision.

Spells from Brother Von: bear's endurance, owl's wisdom, fortunate fate, blindsight, and hand of divinity. [+4 Con, +4 Wisdom, Blindsight 30ft, +2 Profone Bonus to Saves, Contingent Heal]

---

Hide (1d20+91)[101]
    Move Silently (1d20+78)[81]

Listen (1d20+38)[42]
    Spot (1d20+38)[42]

Looking for obvious or hidden entries, or things such as keys dangling from the honor guards belt loop. Perhaps windows up top. How tall is the building?

"We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Before the assassin-thief leaves, Zyethar chuckles to himself lightly and pats him on the shoulder.

Ban, we'll be out of there in a few seconds. Trust me. Good luck.

With that, he enters a state of deep concentration for a moment, focusing on the assassin.

Spoiler
    Show

Greater Scrying
    Last edited by Niezck; 2010-09-24 at 10:25 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Ban

Helm's Hall towers over you, its crenelations and battlements providing plenty of shadows from Selūne's light in which you can easily hide. The guards at the door don't appear to have any keys to the building--your eyes search their armor and clothing for the slightest key-shaped bulge, but find nothing--however, there may be other, less obvious entrances.

There are several smallish circular windows in the third story, all about a foot in diameter and plainly used for defense; you can hear low voices emanating from them, and arrowheads poke from one or two openings. A balcony on the second floor overlooks the street in front of the Hall. From Zyethar's reconnaissance earlier you recall that, as far as he could tell, the roof was open in the middle leading to a central courtyard.

Zyethar

You focus on Ban, tracking his movements...or what you assume are his movements, as you can barely make out a vaguely humanoid outline which you believe to be him as the scrying view changes, soaring from your position to Helm's Hall and moving erratically around it.

Laurian

No sooner have you stepped through the door than your newly-acquired prescient senses pulse in your mind. They warn you of a new presence, though not one that is an immediate threat. An instant later a pale, shadowy humanoid form coalesces a few yards in front of you. You're fairly certain it is--or was--a male sun elf, though its facial features are difficult to make out.

"I am Darcassan, called the Farseer, once one of many elders of this place and now its sole guardian. I sense no evil in you, and so have appeared to you in good faith," it says, stretching out his arms in a gesture of welcome that you haven't seen in many lifetimes. "For what purpose have you come to Windsong Tower?"

Show

I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?

6. - Top - End - #36

Ban

Let's keep those arrows where they are, thank you. Ban floats up to the second story, careful not to let any part of his body or clothing touch any surface. Examining the balcony and room beyond for a moment, he floats away, keeping close to the building. The shadows catch on the spires and battlements, twist and stretch long for Ban to slip through. If they really wanted to make this place secure... Ban smiles as he hovers just above the roof, enough to look down into the courtyard.

Spoiler
    Show

Balcony/Room
    Listen (1d20+38)[40]
    Spot (1d20+38)[58]

Roof/Courtyard
    Listen (1d20+38)[47]
    Spot (1d20+38)[52]

Do you want new Hide / Move Silently checks or just want to keep the other ones?

Does his Blindsight pick up any creatures that he didn't spot or hear? How many creatures where there behind the arrow-windows when he got close enough for Blindsight to pick them up?

Active Spell Effects:
    Pass Without Trace, Ebon Eyes, Low-Light Vision, Bear's Endurance, Owl's Wisdom, Fortunate Fate, Blindsight (30ft), Hand of Divinity.

Last edited by Chambers; 2010-09-28 at 12:36 AM.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Ban

As you pass the windows, you note only one or two figures behind each, one keeping watch with a bow and possibly a companion to chat with to pass the time. The balcony is empty and no sounds come from the room attached to it; from what you can see of the room, the balcony is meant more for public appearances than for regular use.

The courtyard is a small affair, octagonal with nine feet to a side and a small altar in the middle. Surrounding the altar are a variety of plants and small bubbling fountains (it's very Zen-garden-esque). A figure in white robes lays prostrate before the altar, a longsword and shield to his right and a breastplate and great helm to his left. Behind the figure is a large oak door, light shining out from beneath it.

Show

<Snip>

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Laurelin returned the ancient gesture and even included the traditional honor for elders which, were proper protocol followed, he should be receiving.

"I am Laurelin Telperion, first and ancient of that name. I come directly from the presence of the Lady to recover the lost treasures of this place in Her name and for the purpose of a great quest who's breadth is that of creation.

I seek the Golden Grove of Hidden Knowledge, the The Tablets of Pharyssolnyth, and the portrait of Myrjala Darkeyes. I come also to tell you, the shame Karsus brought upon the People is soon to be washed away."
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2010-09-30 at 03:49 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Ban

Ban floats above the courtyard, watching the silent figure. A disciple of Helm praying at night? Odd. Perhaps a visiting priest... He floats down into the courtyard to a few feet away from the devotee. After observing the figure and his accoutrements for a few moments he floats off towards the door, hovering directly between the figure and the oak door. If someone opens it, well...I'll be in their shadow. Shouldn't be trapped if that fellow is out here, but you never know.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide (1d20+91)[92]
    Move Silently (1d20+78)[97]

Observing the praying person (distinguishing features, robes, weapon & armor)
    Spot (1d20+38)[46]
    Listen (1d20+38)[51]

Searching the door (Blindsight pick up anyone when I float down?)
    Search (1d20+23)[41]

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Laurelin

"Master Telperion...I had heard that name many times while alive, but never thought to meet you in person." Darcassan bows deeply and makes the gesture of welcome again, this time adding the honorifics for elders and masters of the Art. "You are certainly welcome to study the Tablets and Quess'Ar'Teranthvar, and to bring the Tablets and portrait to the Dweomerheart, if that is Mystra's will. I do not know whether Tyvollus would survive the transfer of the Grove, as his strength was sorely taxed when the Netherese tried to corrupt the tree, but with the aid of the Mistress of Magic all things are possible."

He begins leading you farther into Myth Drannor. "Forgive me for my curiosity, but it has been many centuries since I spoke to another like myself. Tell me, what brings you here now, of all times? What is this quest of which you speak, and what is this about washing away Karsus's shame?"

Ban

You sense no figures near the door; this figure, a silver-bearded and bald-headed dwarf, is alone. From what you can catch of his murmured prayers (that is, all of it, with your exceptionally keen hearing even picking up his heartbeats and the movement of his robes on the stone), it seems he is performing a purification ritual, preparing for a knightly ceremony of some sort tomorrow morning. Obviously his fellows are choosing to grant him his solitude.

Show

<Snip>

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Observing the shadow-like figure potter around the temple, Zyethar quickly becomes impatient, tapping his foot and cursing to himself.

Hurry up you damn slowass!

12. - Top - End - #42

Ban

Figures. These Helmites trust too much in their holy mission to do something as simple as locking the door. Finally touching the temple Ban reaches out a hand and slowly opens the door. No more than a hands width though, as he squeezes through the opening, hoping to let out as little light as possible.

Spoiler
    Show

Escape Artist [Tight Space - DC 35] Ban taps the DC.

Even though by opening the door there's light shining directly on him, he can still hide in plain sight because he's within 10ft of a shadow. Weird, I know.

Hide (1d20+91)[111]
    Move Silently (1d20+78)[86]

Spot (1d20+38)[49]
    Listen (1d20+38)[48]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Ban

Hearing the soft creaking of the old hinges, the Helmite looks behind him without pausing in his prayers; seeing nothing in the doorway, he returns to his contemplations.

Ban finds himself in the middle of a torch-lit hallway with many doors down each side. The hallway opens up into a wider room at one end; at the other end is a set of double doors in the style of the door he just walked through.

Show

<Snip>

14. - Top - End - #44

Ban

Smiling to himself Ban slips into the hallway. Staying underneath the torch brackets he floats around the room, pausing near each door to sense for life on the other side. Glancing down at the open room for a moment, he glides over to the large double doors and inspects them.

Spoiler
    Show

Blindsight for people behind the doors.

Spot/Listen for the bigger room, just to see what's in there.
    Spot (1d20+38)[51]
    Listen (1d20+38)[50]

Search on the double doors.
    Search (1d20+23)[26]

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

"Indeed, who is like the Lady, so innumerable her mysteries. As to my quest, this is the first stage of a greater plan, Tharizdun stirs in his prison, and his servants come near to releasing him.

As for the shame of Karsus, I meant Netheril and its abuse of the Art. Soon, the last of them shall be gone, and the insult to the Lady they perpetuate with every breath shall be silenced.

But tell me, what has happened here? Did not the Mythal protect the city? Were not the greatest of the Art here? I have been long away and only second hand did I receive news."

As he talked he looked over the ruined city, a mixture of sorrow and resignation in his eyes.
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2010-10-01 at 09:14 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Ban

From where you are, in the larger room you can see some pews, a statue or two, and some other religious iconography; it appears this is the main shrine in the temple. There are many bodies behind the doors in the hallway, one per door and each in a horizontal orientation, presumably asleep.

The double doors do not open to your touch, and have no visible handles or knobs. There is an engraved impression of Helm's holy symbol in the center of the doors, however.

Laurelin

The shadow of Darcassan stops short. "The Devourer near to release!? Surely you jest! But...And the Netherese, almost purged from Toril? It seems the world has seen both much good come to pass and much peril rise while I have been standing vigil here." At your questions regarding the Netherese, he waves a hand dismissively. "These were no archmages assaulting the city in the time of its strength; these were a handful of middling users of the Art attempting to steal the Grove like common thieves but a handful of decades ago. Mystra inspired a band of treasure-seekers to put things aright, but Tyvollus hasn't been the same since."

Show

<Snip>

17. - Top - End - #47

Ban

Sleep well, little priests. Don't let this little death become the big one. Floating before the double door Ban lets his gaze wander over it. No handles, no key holes. Hmmm. Perhaps only the favored of Helm are meant to go beyond.

He smiles, and then grimaces as he cups his hand around the blade of his dagger, quickly pulling it through. No blood stains the blade but the razor thin cut on his palm starts oozing bright red blood. I'm no helmite, but I'm my favorite person. Grinning he presses his bloody hand against the symbol of Helm. Order. Justice. Always Watching. Always Guarding. Never Waiver. Never Surrender. Order. Justice... Ban intones in his mind, concentrating fully on the ideal of the Watchful God.

Spoiler
    Show

Emulate Lawful Neutral (DC 30) (1d20+33)[36]
    Emulate Class Feature [Turn Undead as Cleric] (DC 20) (1d20+33)[47] Class level for this ability equals my check result -20 = Level 27
    Activate Blindly (DC 25) (1d20+33)[43]
    Last edited by Chambers; 2010-10-04 at 03:54 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Ban

The door seems to accept your..."holy symbol," as paladins don't suddenly come rushing out of side corridors to smite you, but you feel something expectant in your mind, as if the door were holding its metaphorical breath and cupping a hand to a nonexistent ear. Perhaps a spoken prayer is required?

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll a Knowledge (Religion) check and make up something suitably Helm-sounding; if the check is high enough, it'll work.

Show

<Snip>

19. - Top - End - #49

Ban

......eh? Ban holds his thoughts still for a moment. Every fiber of his body held still in anticipation and concentration. Ohmani'mnotdeadwell that'sgoodbutdoorisn'topenmaybe needtosaysomething? thinkfast!

Ban's whispers low, but in a confident voice, "The Watchful Eye Never Sleeps." He holds his breath, waiting for the temple spirit to release it's own.

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge: Religion (1d20+5)[15]
    Bluff (1d20+33)[40]
    Last edited by Chambers; 2010-10-04 at 10:16 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Ban

If the eye had an eyebrow, it would be raising it in a mildly skeptical expression now. Fortunately, your bluff is well-received--the door interprets your vague platitude as a pious reference to the Vigilant Eyes of the Deity, Helm's order of paladins named for his role in the Time of Troubles and thus the order associated with this particular temple. Soundlessly, the double doors glide open, revealing a torch-lit spiral staircase leading down and out of sight.

Show

<Snip>

21. - Top - End - #51

Ban

Ban lets out his breath slowly as his body relaxes. That was a close one. Thanks for the assist B....actually, better not even think his name in this place. Ban floats across the threshold and glides down the winding stairwell.

It's been a little while, but it looks like the old tricks still work. Smiling to himself, Ban mentally whistles a tune. It's a wonder Zyethar has managed to wait this long. Hope he's not too bored with the show.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide & Move Silently...because it's a different area? I dunno.
    Hide (1d20+91)[100]
    Move Silently (1d20+78)[84]

Listen & Spot when I get to wherever the stairwell leads.
    Listen (1d20+38)[43]
    Spot (1d20+38)[43]

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

"I would not jest concerning such things. But let us be quick, for when I am done here there remains much work to be done.

If it is possible I will beg the aid of the Goddess to renew Tyvollus's strength"

When they reached the tower he entered with a feeling of mixed awe and dismissal. This place was a tie back to the ancient past yes, but he had been ancient when it was born.

He looked about the ground floor carefully. Turning to his companion he said, "Would you be so kind as to take me to the scrolls and the portrait? Then I will be able to see to Tyvollus."
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2010-10-05 at 07:45 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Ban

As you stalk down the stairs, you gradually become aware of the sound of metal clinking on metal and a few hushed voices.

"Hey, Metal-Head, can't we have anything else?"
    "You have received the appropriate ration of food already."
    "Oh, c'mon, just a little more?"
    "No."
    "Please?"
    "No."
    "Pretty please?"
    "No."
    "Godsdammit, take that stick out of your ass for once and feel a little sympathy, why don'cha?"
    "Helm does not preach sympathy, or pity, or lenience. Helm preaches justice--and watchfulness, so were I you I would not attempt to steal my keys."
    "If I was you, I'd already have your keys."
    "Nevertheless."
    "Oh, bugger off."

Laurelin

"Certainly. If you will permit me...?" He places a hand on your shoulder--you barely feel anything, no more pressure than a gentle breeze blowing against you--and between one second and the next you find yourself turned inside-out and turned right-side out again in a different place. On a pedestal of jade and emerald sits a tree a few yards high, seemingly formed of pure molten gold but for the barely-noticeable lining of blackened ash along the edge of each leaf and the hair-thin scarlet veins running along the trunk. A golden spider the size of your hand rests at the base of the trunk, rocking slowly back and forth.

Behind the tree hangs the portrait of Myrjala Darkeyes in all its glory, framed on either side by a row of magnificent stained-glass windows showing scenes of ancient high mages' workings. Several strips of cloth have been torn from the portraits' edges, but it is otherwise as fresh and vibrant as the day it was painted.

Show

<Snip>

24. - Top - End - #54

Ban

Ah...my little kukri's, there you are. Watchfulness? Good advice, Helmite. I believe I will follow it.

Ban follows the voices to their source, floating down the stairs to the guard and captives.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Ban

The stairs open into a long hallway lined with cells. Eight armored humans stand guard at even intervals, and the prison is clean and well-lit, with a duty desk at the foot of the stairs next to several chests. The voices are coming from the second-closest human and a scruffy-looking figure in the cell to his left. The one is not alone (there appear to be enough captives here to fill a cult of Bhaal four or five times over) and you note at least two trinkets among the captives' confiscated possessions that signify Bhaal's favor--not that an outsider would know their significance.

Show

<Snip>

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Laurelin was very quite for a few minutes. He gazed at the resplendent tree. He gazed at the ancient windows. Most of all he gazed at the portrait and he saw Mystra looking back.

A single tear formed in one eye, though it did not fall. At last he began to speak, though he did not turn to his companion.

"There are no words in even the tongues of the le Shay who sing ever of sorrow for the pain I feel now. What has become of the world that such evil should come to pass?

These were no mere meddlers to do such is this... Such malice only one could hold."

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2010-10-06 at 01:28 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Ban

Hovering above the prison floor Ban floats between the guards, slowly drawing each sword out of it's sheath. This will be a fine surprise. And a little impressed awe from the soon to be rescued will go a long way in securing their assistance.

Carefully balancing all the short sword in his arms, he floats back to the first cell, glancing at each cell in turn as he passes. Releasing murderers. That's what you're doing Ban, and killing the protectors of the innocent to do so. Shaking his head to himself he stands by the first cell. If there were another way....maybe. He looks at the prisoners as he slides each sword into the corner of the cell, just near the bars. Another way for others, perhaps. But not for you. That was decided long ago.

The last of the swords hidden in the shadows in the cell, Ban turns and looks over the guard at the duty desk. And what would he do to stop this, if he had a chance? Ban grimaces and his teeth grind together silently. You know what he wouldn't do. He wouldn't kill the innocent and rescue the guilty. He wouldn't do what you've done...and what you will do again. Palming his dagger, he flips it out again and grips it tight. Enough. He had his chance, now I'll do it my way. The gods be damned...you made me into a killer...a killer I am.

Spoiler
    Show

I stopped at observing the guard, in case there needs to be a response to what I've done so far. If not, I'll continue the attack in another post.

Hide (1d20+91)[97]
    Move Silently (1d20+78)[82]

Sleight of Hand (1d20+78)[95]
    I tap the DC to steal the short swords, but I'll roll one anyway to determine the Spot DC they need to beat. Um...but I'm in HiPS so...I dunno. Anyway.

Had a thought, and if you think it's too metagamey you can ignore it and I'll take the consequences. Given that these are the swords wielded by Helm guards (possibly the ones that busted up the warehouse) their swords might not like being handled by someone that isn't...well, a Helm guard. So here are some UMD rolls to fake being whatever's necessary to hold the sword without it freaking out or damaging me or whatever.

Emulate Class Feature
    (Turn Undead) (1d20+33)[34]
    Emulate Alignment (Lawful Neutral - Helm's Alignment) (1d20+33)[42]

If that all goes well, here are the SoH rolls to disappear the short swords in the first cell. I could actually fail this roll (If I roll a 1 I only get a 79 - need an 80), so I'll roll 8 times.

(1d20+78)[83]
    (1d20+78)[81]
    (1d20+78)[91]
    (1d20+78)[96]
    (1d20+78)[87]
    (1d20+78)[94]
    (1d20+78)[89]
    (1d20+78)[96]

So. If all that goes well the swords should be hidden in the first cell and Ban will be studying the duty desk guard. If not...I guess we'll improvise.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Ban

Swords disappear unnoticed and appear in a cell, also unnoticed. By the guards, at least; no one seems to notice the swords themselves, but one or two of the prisoners perk up when they notice the guards are no longer carrying weapons. They look around unobtrusively to see if they can find the swords, with no success.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nice idea on the UMD, but don't worry, the specific enchantments on them wouldn't harm you or give you away. Death attack away.

Show

<Snip>

29. - Top - End - #59

Ban

Look at him. Whatever else happens, if you end up saving the world or dying, remember his face. Remember the choice you made, and the choices for him you took away. Exhaling slowly Ban floats over behind the guard at the desk.

From out of nowhere a dagger appears against the guards throat. It doesn't cut deep, just enough pressure to knick the skin. Shadows gather dark and furious behind the guard and then fade, as a arm can be seen holding the dagger. The shadows part further and Ban is revealed, floating behind the guard with a knife to his throat.

"I dedicate this death to the god of murder." He says, loud and clear, quickly snapping his wrist. The blade flies across the guards throat leaving a bloody trail and the shadows quickly reform and disperse, taking Ban with them.

Spoiler
    Show

All that happens really fast, I just wanted to put some flavor touches in there.

Null Strike (Void Incarnate): This attack will be a touch attack. [Not an action]
    Flyby Attack: Move + Death Attack + Move (Hiding)

Attack (1d20+34)[46]
    Weapon Damage (1d4+6)[7]
    If Crit, Confirm Attack (1d20+34)[44]
    If Crit, Add Extra Damage (1d4+6)[9]

Sneak Attack Damage (17d6+30)[101]
    Death Attack Fort DC 25

Hide (1d20+91)[96]
    Move Silently (1d20+78)[84]

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Without the aid of his own power, the lessor Weave woven of his own lore and will, he intoned the words in the ancient tongue, which predated even the arrival of the elves to Toril. He made the motions proscribed since first the Weave took form.

"I beg you gaze upon me Lady of Mysteries,
    I beg you hear my heartfelt plea.
    Though I am ignorant of your wonder,
    though I am driven to error by base desire,
    though I am not worthy to even say your name
    you have shown me love.

I confess to you O Mystra, splendor of magic,
    To you O Weave most Holy and omnipresent,
    To the Art I have sworn myself to forever,
    To Magic most wondrous and most divine.

In my word and my thought and my deeds,
    In what I have failed to do,
    I have sinned by my own most grievous error.
    I beg your pardon, I beg your pardon, I beg your pardon.

In my words let your will be done.
    In my thoughts let your will be done.
    In my deeds let your will be done.
    I pray your aid that I should never
    be found wanting in your sight.

Now if it be your will, let this thing be done:
    Let this one who loves you feel your love,
    Tyvollus your servant is afflicted with a great pain,
    And Shar's evil I see upon him.
    I offer up this intercession, let him be restored.
    Let his strength be new again,
    that he may ever love your great mysteries."

Spoiler
    Show
    Miracle, those words.
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2010-10-06 at 08:50 PM.