New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Twi] Twilight the lynching: The Gathering Storm

Flandre
    She looks up at Alucard, a look of awe on her face. So this was her legendary ancestor, the first of the tree.
    "Hiya, Grandad!" she chirps, her childlike giddiness returning as she hugs his leg.
    "So what brings you all the way to Gensokyo?"
    Greatest Song of the Week: Hidan's Theme
    Picture of the Week: Come to Life

Twilight, the Lynching

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam, Azazel
    The apartment is small but well cared for. An apartment that has a lot of love put into it if nothing else. Andie is in the kitchen, humming to herself, Nick is in the cradle, brooding at coming so close to escape then missing by inches, and Sam has just returned from work and is in front of the television.
    None of them see the insubstantial demons come up through the floor like Smoke, even Sam. He's too engrosed on what happened, and trying to figure out what he should be doing. He doesn't want Andie to see it, but the circumstances terrified him.
    It occurs to you that Sam would make a very good host, considering his predige.

Flandre
    A long arm, with a white glove decorated with pentagrams on the end, lowers to pat you on the head, mussing your hair and displacing your bonnet. The Touch sends electric tingles down your spine, and make you shiver. It's the touch of a seriously powerful being.
    "You do, little Flandre." He replies, the voice so deep it makes your teeth vibrate in a pleasant way. "I came here for you. I am to hunt. I thought I would bring you along."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-12 at 08:01 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dresden

"Vin!" I called out towards the fading woman but she was gone by the time I could do anything.

Remember what I said about chivalry? This was it manifest, I was willing to deal with the grey area of summoning an outsider within what technically was part of the Nevernever but when that summoning results in the possible death of an innocent girl then there will be hell to pay. I drew forth my blasting rod and pointed it at Elric. "Call it back now."

Morbius reached out to grab my arm but I shoved him off. "Dresden, calm down. Vin knew the risks, she knew she might not make it just as you and I."

"With all due respect Morbius. Shut up. You know his sword is evil and now he's dealing with outsiders, if I am to deal with this son of a bitch anymore it will be on my terms."

Darksied

"No it can't be." Darksied steps away slowely from his Father, the rightful ruler of Apokalips a position only occupied by Darksied because Yuga Kahn sought power beyond the Source Wall, and these dead worlds surely were beyond the Source.

"You were sealed into the wall again and I killed Mother with my own bare hands. You can't be here."

Asuka

Asuka retakes her gunman position and watches the world out in the distance. "I...I just want to go home."

Her eyes tear up slightly, this was not what she was supposed to be doing, she was supposed to be battling Angels as part of a larger unit of EVA pilots. Dead alien worlds, zombies, and radioactive lizards do not fit into this plan.

Oracle

"What do you want for payment?"
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground

Azazel wastes no time. As the other demons disappear throughout the nearby town, taking random hosts and planting themselves in case of later developments, a black cloud shoots towards Sam's mouth. Unless he has some special protection or resistance, it will shove itself violently down his throat and take possession.

His eyes flash a gold-yellow for a brief second, then return to normal. He turns, glancing towards the crib, and then stands.

Azazel makes his way over to the kitchen, humming the tune along with Andie.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Oracle
    "We'll talk about that after I'm done." Bob replies.

Darksied
    The tremendous god looks at you, but doesn't see you. He's raging, raging at something that happened a long time ago. His own obsession that eclipses even yours.
    "I was so close!" he roars, pounding his fists together. "And yet still the sought to thwart me! I will not be denied!" With that he boom tubes to Apokolips.

Odin watches out of his remaining eye. "I let him out. I can put you in. Do you understand, New God? I'm not some spirit you can dismiss and call at you leisure. Do not underestimate me."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-12 at 08:06 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flandre
    She was going to go out hunting with the most powerful vampire, her Grandad, and that was the entire reason why he came out here? Chills of excitement join in with the fear as she smiles wide. Aside from Remilia and Sakuya, no one really cared that much for her.
    "Alright, Grandad! I promise I won't get in the way!" she says, looking up at him as an ant does a skyscraper.

Twilight, the Lynching

7. - Top - End - #67

Oracle

"If it involves my clothes you can stay in there. Otherwise head to Black Gate prison on the other side of the bridge and see if you can see anything going on."

Darksied

"This is far from over Odin." Darksied warns before opening a Boom Tube to Thanos and the Lanterns.

"I have located their leader, he is an Old God but a situation has arisin on Apokalips. I will take you to him and then I must take my leave."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

Vin

Vin tumbles through space and time, all askew and freaked out.

"Whaattttthhheeeeehhhhhheeeecccccckkkkkk!!!!!!!!!! " She shouts, as she tumbles through the very Fabric of Reality Itself.

(Is there anyway to reassure Dresden that Vin's alright?)
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-09-12 at 09:13 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Vin
    ((And what makes you think she's alright?))

You feel a twist in your gut as you come to survey the place in the cosmos you have been left. What you see is ugly beyond any point of refference, and you've seen quite enough to have more then you'd like to draw back on.
    The land has been fused and blasted by some terrible cataclysm. The surface was distorted black glass, humped into spalls and twists that couldn't be propperly called hills and twisted downward into deep cracks and folds that could not be rightly called valleys. A few stunted nightmare trees flailed twisted branches at the sky, trying to grab at it like the arms of lunatics.
    Here and there clusters of thick ceramic pipes jutted through the glassy surface, of the ground. Most seemed dead or dormant, but a few glowed with will-o-the-wisps, as though figures held ghostly lanterns in the murk. Others held gleams of eldritch, blue-green light, as if titanic forges and furnaces ran on in the bowels of the earth, stoked by nameless things.
    A fissure zigzagged close by, like a dead riverbed...except it wasn't dead. Deep inside lay a thin thread of deepest scarlet,pulsing like a hearbeat and branching away into other, smaller fissures.
    A fiery fountain erupted in the distance, spewing flaming rocks and stringy clots of lava upward.
    But behind that brooded a great tree, that would tower above any manmade structure, wood like polished ebony, widespread branches the purple of deep bruise. Twisted roots clutch around the mound it is perched atop, one that looks unsettlingly loke a burial mound. In some stange, ineffable way, the tree seems to be watching you, and somthing suggests it's attention is a terrible thing.
    There was something unutterably repulsive about the tree, though it was impossible to say what, exactly, caused this feeling. But at the same time somthing soft and insistant tugged at you, urging you towards it.

Oracle
    "I'm open to negotiation..."

Flandre
    "Of course you won't. You're true Nosferatu." He replies, lifting you up by the scruff of the neck as he would a kitten and setting you on a broard shoulder. Everyone seems so small from up there.
    You are a daughter of Seras (there was an accident involving a failed contraceptive, a lot of alcohol and a time machine). You never expected to meet your grandfather, let alone like this.
    Abruptly, you vanish.

Akuma
    The dwarf shakes his head. "It is you who seeks to fight me. You must begin it." He seems calm.

King Ghidorah
    The Authority have left, the Justice League reduced to almost nothing by Blackest Night, and the world stillshuddering from the invasion of the Heartless. They are in no position to strike you. All that remains to protect the world, in fact, is Light Yagami and Misa Yagami, alone aboard the Carrier.

Light Yagami
    You spot the incoming form of King Ghidorah on the scouters of the Carrier.

Darkseid
    Darkseid's hellish world as he floated above it on a flying disk was admirable in his eyes. There was order and pain, all of which was under his control. With the bright equation resting in his palm, the dark lord knew he could bestow such a blessing on the entire universe. It was destined to be so. But even that could not divert his attention from what he knew he would find on his throne.
    His army had assembled around the palace, in perfect ranks, as Darkseid returned. Generals from his army and their slaves approached the fortress; falling on their knees begging for mercy to the being on the throne. His throne. But it was not him they were begging.
    A figure seated on a throne of power in a world of fire and an ordered existence. All were slaves to the being in the shadows with red glowing eyes. All existence of life was torn down into order under his guidance. Yuga Kahn. Your father.
    "Approach me my son." He demanded, little more then a slight shadowy impression visible of the terrible form, but that was more then enough to send any lesser being to their knees.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-12 at 09:57 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flandre
    Sitting on Alucard's shoulder, she felt bigger than she had ever felt before. She was with the one man she both respected and knew was more powerful than her. And they were about to hunt together. She can't help but giggle a little as they disappear.

Twilight, the Lynching

11. - Top - End - #71
    Gulping
    Guest in the Playground

Ryoma

"We'll find you one, Asuka. After everything is said and done, I'll take you all wherever you want to go. But first, we have to deal with this base, and then smash through anything else that gets in our way.

Someone's trying to make holes in reality. It's our job to fill them back up."

Getter G-3 walks into the abandoned NERV complex. It's the only thing of any interest on this rock, honestly.

The Stig

*And The Situation Worsens Yet More.* You slump, slightly, and return to your ship. *Am Going To Patrol Surrounding Area. Look For Something To Fight. Frustrated.*

The engines flare to life as you take the 'Last Dancer' for a ride over Gotham. Maybe there will be an invading battalion of world eaters or some other nasty that needs blowing up.

Ironheade

Ironheade's setlist continues onward, Unfaltering in its progression from song to song. Some of them were songs that the band had planned on playing since before they received the invitation to the event, while others were spontaneous additions thrown in at the spur of the moment. Some of them were brought up by other band members, too. At one point Gilgamesh hijacked the Synth and told everyone to follow his lead, then Travis, after talking to Ramona, Ophelia and Nevan, took control of the show for a single song he said was very important.
    After that, things got kinda weird as everyone went into some kind of weird fugue state. They kept the music going the entire time, of course, Although where exactly they were GETTING the songs from is subject to debate. Only one thing was known for sure:

THE ROCK NEVER STOPPED

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

Vin

Vin gets to her feet, and looks around. "Dead wasteland, strange giant tree, Dead wasteland, and...Dead wasteland."

She sighs. "Looks like the tree is my destination..."

At the moment, she is completely alone: already she's beginning to miss Dresden, the man who's been with her since the beginning of her new life.

"When you're alone, no one can betray you." she mutters. "But you're alone."

She turns to face the great tree. "Keep moving forward. Survive."

She drops a horseshoe at her feet and Steelpushes herself into the air. Soon she's gliding across the landscape, horseshoes rolling her through the air like spokes on a wheel, heading towards the tree.

Solomon Kane

Solomon Kane draws a gun to back Dresden up, face grimm. "Lady Vin has vanished, whether into oblivion, or spirited away to another land. And it was your entreaty to your gods, Sir Elric, that caused this to happen!"

There's a moment of silence. Then Solomon Kane sheathes his gun, and gently eases Harry's blasting rod down.

"I can't speak for the others of our party. However, know that we will do our utmost to find Lady Vin and save this universe. And if your actions, Sir Elric, have caused her demise, then know you will not be long for this world."

Solomon turns away, and considers the Door of Metal.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryoma, Kamina, Asuka, Yoda, Coop
    The NERV Base has no shortage of equipment. Any Halo weapons you like, any Halo vehicles you like, even medical supplies and the power armor the Spartans wear.
    Nothing, however, to indicate to you what happened, what went wrong, were the Heartless came from. Then you turn a corner, and find yourself confronted with the form of Gendo Ikari, seated on a table, legs crossed, hands steepled in front of him and eyes flashing behind his glasses.

Oracle
    You finally get a response. The Carrier.
    ...You never even considered the Authority.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #74

Mickey

Mickey steps through the Boom Tube left by Darksied first as if to check on it's safety for the other Lanterns.

Darksied

"I am not afraid of you." Darksied says approaching his throne.

"You were a King, Father. A terrible brutal Lord who ruled your expanse of space with a fist so strong that those under it could only pray for it to soften into iron but I Father am much more. I am many things Yuga Kahn but here I am God."

Oracle

"Damn skull. How did that wizard get any work done with you around?" Oracle sighs.

"Damnit, the sweater goes until your wizard comes to pick you up or a week whichever comes first. Take it or leave it." She snaps and then turns to machine.

It's not surprising until the mulitversal collapse The Authority hadn't been part of her world, it only had become part of it recently even though she'd never know that. "Carrier, I got a class Omega threat under Gotham. Requesting evacuation of as many civilian refugees as you can hold until the threat has been dealt with or a suitable planet is found for rehabitation."

Asuka

"No." Asuka whispers seeing Gendo.

"You're dead, the Heartless got you first. You weren't even in those cages."

Dresden

I didn't move my rod. I wanted a response from Elric. Without looking I warned Solomon.

"Careful with that door. I suggested metal because I figured if anything went wrong Vin could pull our asses away from the metal. Without her we're defenseless against whatever might be on the other side."
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-09-12 at 10:22 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Vin
    You land below hill, staring up at the tree. Thrust from the ground is a withered, gnarled hand, yelow notched, ancient fingernails on a bony, yellowed parchment like flesh. The hand is nauseating to look on, you feel gorge rise in your throat, and find yourself stumbling back, desperately averting your eyes.

Oracle
    "Done." Bob replied, who was going to suggest a much tighter sweater and felt he got the best of the deal. "I'll go to Blackgate." With that he's gone, the lights gliding through the open window and into the city.
    Misa is on the other end. Of course she is. Couldn't be Christine, who you rather liked, or Shen, who rather liked you. It couldn't be any of them, no, it had to be the bubbly pop icon who's only real tallent seems to be that she's married to Light Yagami, who makes you uncomfortable.
    "We'll come over as soon as we can." She replies, talking about crossing dimensional barders as if it was nothing. "Just as soon as I ask Light."

Darksied
    The form of your father stands up. He's a foot taller, and more human like, although nobody could mistake him for anything less then he was. he was a figure of barbaric splendor, a horned crown that added two feet to his already imposing height, a tattered cloak and ancient armor.
    "Perhaps I should refresh your memory, son of mine." He says, in a quiet voice that makes Kalibak cringe and back away. Your father never rose his voice, not once. And so the throne room was always quiet, people straining to hear him.

Asuka
    "You can never understand." He replies simply. "I was on the edge of death. And rather then give in, I chose a new earthly existence. I became this. Somthing different."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-12 at 10:30 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

16. - Top - End - #76

Asuka

"You look like the same creep you were before?" Asuka isn't the brightest bulb in the box.

Oracle

"Misa is there someone else I can talk to? Someone um qualified?" Oracle asks making strangling gestures under the desk.

Darksied

Darksied doesn't flinch. "I will not bow to you. Never again."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elric
    "ENOUGH! You assume me to be the puppet master? Do you think I relish sending innocents to their doom? What in black Arioch's name makes you think I have control?! I spoke a name, little else! I did not expect -that- monstrosity to burst forth! I work nothing! I control nothing! Any one of us could have been taken, even me! Gods below know it should have been me. But now what do you want me to do? Call it back? Make another deal? Open your eyes; that will be another bargain, another life. You know this, nay, you -knew- that walking in. Surely none of you are so ignorant as to think that gods and demons give anything for free; you knew that there would be a price, a phenomenal one, and you chose to pay it. Look to yourselves; what of your magics? What of your spells and your invocations? Where were they? Gods, where are they -now-? The lady is gone; seek her out. But I have watched my own world burn by my own hands and none of my own heart. I will press forward; you can join me and pray that we meet your lady safe and sound again in our journeys, or you can rest on your laurels and tear at each others' throats. Either way, fye, fye on you and all your houses."

Quenthel
    The High Priestess gets up, already scowling. She leans to the side of the door as she asks, "Who is there?" Already, Quenthel has cast a divination, and can see outside the door in her mind's eye.

Kreia
    The Gray Jedi remains silent. She has no interest in family politics; she will hold her own until whoever it is that Darkseid called arrives.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

18. - Top - End - #78
    Gulping
    Guest in the Playground

Ryoma

"F**king great. It's YOU. Gendo F**king Ikari, the man who'd burn the world down for the sake of his wife. Oh yeah, I know about Yui, about Instrumentality, about SEELE, about everything. I know more about you and all your s**tty little plans than you have ever told ANYONE, Rokubungi. I have helped foil you and those greedy old bastards time and time again. I helped your son beat the s**t out of you when you got into a clone of Unit-01 and tried to stop the Alpha Numbers from reversing Third Impact. I have seen you get the ever-living f**k beaten out of you by my pet kangaroo, while you and your hetero life-mate tried to keep me on a leash in order to look good to Hayato and his friends, so that the old f**ks wouldn't notice until we took the gloves off and removed their faces with an axe.

And I remember one time, which stands out as the ONLY TIME I ever met you and didn't want to cave your face in with office equipment, where we both got absolutely loaded and ended up demolishing almost every bar in Tokyo-3 while in a drunken fugue state. They actually passed a U.N. resolution stating that the two of us were never to hang out together ever again without the supervision of a responsible chaperon. That was also the only time I ever saw Yui alive and not stuck inside the old purple people eater, come to think of it. Another reason to hate those f**king monsters. Because of what happened during the Contact Experiment, you end up being a scheming, self-absorbed, socially retarded prick, instead of being an awesome drunken-property-damage buddy."

Ryoma fishes out an M6D Magnum he pocketed, along with an indeterminate amount of other things that are not in evidence on his body, and levels the weapon at Gendo.

"But you're not that Gendo. You're just another a**hole that needs to be put down."

The Getter pilot pulls the trigger. Repeatedly.
    Last edited by Gulping; 2010-09-12 at 10:45 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79

Dresden

I lower my blasting rod. "Fine you get by this time but no more outsiders. If we're lucky I can get us some reinforcments on the next world but they might not be as understanding."

"Anything with the Door Solomon?"

Asuka

"Wait what?" Asuka comes from well before Instrumentality in her world, in fact it never even got a chance to occur since her, Shinji and Gendo were taken by the Heartless. Rei isn't very proactive on her own.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

John Taylor

I smile then, and tap the side of my nose.

"I have absolutely no idea. But I'll Find out!"

Puns. I am not a comedian. But if it annoys the Knight...

Shotgun Suzie

((Still waiting on package number the second))

Green Lantern Corps

"You heard Darkseid! Move out!"

They enter the boom tube then, fearing not for their lives, but for the multiverse. They acknowledge that fear, but do not let it control them. For they are the Green Lanterns. And they do not bow to fear.

Jack Chance

The stranger receives a haymaker to the face, and a pair of glowing green cuffs chaining his arms and legs together.

"I want philosophy, I'll talk to a philosophizer. I'm taking you in."

Jackson King

"Great. Let's keep searching, 'Rider. There's work to be done."

Shen and Apollo

((What's happening to them?))

The Midnighter

"Less admiring, more finding useful information, Christine. We can get this stuff back to the Carrier."

Sam Oliver

If he had so desired, Sam could have been the Antichrist. He was one of three of the Devil's sons who had rejected that honor; Merlin himself being the first, and Adam Young, the second. Had Sam desired power, he merely would have needed to wish for it; had he desired to become more than merely human, it was but a few words away.

But Sam did not wish any of those things. He was a good person, or at least tried to be. He was mediocre at many things, absolutely terrible at others. Sam lived a life of third-bests and hourly wages. And all in all, he was content. But while Sam would never score above average on an IQ test, he possessed enough common sense to realize his father's goals and desires. And how by not fulfilling said desires, Sam was baiting the Devil into unleashing wrath, of one form or the other. Therefore, in his new apartment, Sam had layers upon layers of protective runes and other symbols of protection. Holy water sprinklers in every room. Crosses on every doorknob and horseshoes above each door. And most important of all...circular patterned carpeting, large enough to fit a bed on. And Sam always kept to the circles.

Azazel finds his spirit repelled by the shape. And Sam grows aware of the demon's presence.

"You aren't getting near me or my family by subterfuge. Show yourself."
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-09-12 at 11:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Solomon Kane
    The door opens to a basic iron ring. Just a twist and a light push should send it open.

Jack T Chance
    "When was the last time you did that?" He asks, seeming genuinely curious, still not resisting. Then suddenly he snaps his teeth, and the light falls apart. he rubs his wrists, and steps towards you.
    "Never. So your response is fairly limited. An attempt to shut me up, by asserting your machismo. Obvious again. Why are you so afraid of my words? So desperate for me to stop speaking? A big, strong man like you should have nothing to fear." He's mocking you now.

Midnighter
    "Right. Of course." She says, walking over to a monitor at random and trying to find something out. You hear a footstep behind you.
    "I wouldn't do that." Says Lex. "At least, not unless you can breathe without air."

King, Apollo
    (With Picollo)

Kreia
    Are you still with Odin, or did you continue to follow Darkseid?

Ryoma
    The bullets all stop an inch from him. A halo shield generator is protecting him from harm, though you come close to overwhelming it before the gun clicks empty chamber. He didn't flinch. Either he's not scared, or he doesn't care if you suceed.
    "Really? I can't say I recall meating you. You don't seem like my type." He stands up. "Indeed, you seem like a self absorbed maniac who'd endanger the world for no other reason then because you can."
    He leans over the desk. "I loved my wife. The world is empty without her. And a selfish man like you could never understand that, never know what it's like to live with half your soul missing. I'd do anything to bring her back."
    He stands up, staring at you squarely. "Anything. Pay any price. Even my soul. Even my life, anything at all. And the five of you are the cost. Goodbye."

Quenthel
    It's the big, blond form of the Tick-Tock man, a minor servant of the Crimson King. He's bare-chested, a machinegun slung over his back, a huge clock bouncing on his chest like a medalion.
    It seems there is another figure for one of you to kill.

Oracle
    "I might beable to put Light on..." She says haltingly, as she tries to decide which of the three things that occupy his attention is the most important.

Darksied
    "Then what use are you?" Your father replies, and strikes you across the face, sending you off your feet and flying.
    He rubs a hand thoughtfully. "I have become weak." He declares softly, striding after you and kicking Kalibak out of the way without a glance. About what you expect from him. You can't believe his blood.
    "Or perhaps you've become stronger. You make an old man proud." He continues, stepping after you.

Green Lantern Corps
    You appear in the Throneroom. Zexion and Odin are all that is left within.

Jackson King
    A monorail seems to lead to the other world. It seems forced, as though super imposed over the actual world.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-12 at 11:15 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kreia
    ((Yargh, I be with Odin.))

Quenthel
    Quenthel whispers to Malus, "There are two men at our door. One is a servant of the Crimson King, the other I do not know. Both are armed. Were we expecting anybody?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Quenthal
    Malus puts down the bottle he was about to open. "Of course not. I suppose he has found somebody else he wants killed. You are the spider, you tell me." The Crimson King is clearly some favored servant of Lolth, your single meeting confirmed that. Which is the only thing that could make you serve him. You've considered yourself something of an expert in machinations, although if there is any point to his, you have not seen them.
    With that Malus walks over to the door, and opens it, hand on his blade.
    The Tick-Tock Man bows, knowing that to do otherwise would be painful. "Our master has another task for you." He says formerly.

Kreia
    Odin stares at you next, scrutinizing you. "The answer you seek lies with him. The Anti-Life Equation will end your quest, and at long last kill the force. He is destined to find it, but will need help. Help that only you can provide." You don't ask why he's telling you this, or what he hopes to gain. You can tell he is being honest, and more then that, you feel elated, as at long last you feel your journey coming to a close.

Azazel
    Three favors, Sam owes the Devil, in addition to his soul. Three.
    One the devil used up, leading to Sams early marriage and the conception of Nick. Two remain. And you have been authorized to use one if neccesary. But Sam is no idiot. You'll have to approach this carefully, or you'll miss your chance and not be able to do this as you wish.

Shotgun Suzie, Ash
    This box is very different. You open it... And find it's empty.
    The propetier shrugs. "Ah. The time is not right. Perhaps next time you come it will be." With that he closes the box and pushes it under the bench.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-12 at 11:32 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

Vin

Vin back away from the creepy yellow corpse hand.

She looks around for anything else of note.

Solomon Kane

"Peace, Elric: Do not take me for a vain fool. There is always a price for power. And prayers are answered in strange ways. "

Solomon, in reply to Dresden, then says. "The best we can do, old friend, is hope that this door is the right one. Back away, you two. If it be an ill door, let it only take one."

Solomon turns the door ring and opens it.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Gulping
    Guest in the Playground

Ryoma

"No, endangering the world just because he could was Kihl's deal. Don't compare me to him. After Third Impact got canceled, there were always a whole s**tload of documents that detailed everything you and SEELE did. Amazing what you can fish out of a digital copy of a dead woman."

Ryoma doesn't react to Gendo's jabs about how he's selfish and never knew what it was like to lose someone. Ryoma had lost a lot of people. More people than this Gendo ever had. That was the problem with being what he was; countless lifetimes' worth of knowledge and experience carried with it countless lifetimes' worth of loss, sadness, and pain.

Ryoma, however, could cope with his sorrows. He had several methods for doing so, but his favorite one, by far, was breaking things. And Gendo, even if he wasn't actually human anymore, was still a thing.

"Just shut up already, you a**hole." A long-hafted battleaxe flashes into Ryoma's hand, and with a single, impossibly swift movement, he lashes out at the former Supreme Commander of NERV, aiming to bisect him in some fashion.

26. - Top - End - #86

Mickey

Mickey and the Green Lanterns (probably Thanos too) come into the Throne room and the King's eyes widen.

"No! I watched you get shoved into a Black Hole. You're dead." He lunges at the God with his Keyblade forming a small shield with his ring on his other hand.

Oracle

"Misa this requires some important decesion making and your job is to do whatever Light tells you. Please put him on."

Darksied

The blow hurt, Darksied had not felt pain in a long time but he would not let it stop him. "Both, Father."

Darksied waits for Yuga to come closer and then unleashes a blow of his own.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Asuka, Kamina, Rymoa, Yoda and Asuka.
    The axe is parried, a huge chip flying away to whiz back. Gendo is holding an single bladed sword, crackling with energy and carved out of wraithbone. It sends a jolt all the way up your spine, and you nearly loose your grip on the sword. Gendo isn't human anymore.
    "I found this. Farseer Caeyrs left it, before we dragged him away and took his heart. He said it was sharp enough to cut the electrons off an atom. Lets test that, shall we? I do not regret my choices. Humanity is finished, this is the only path left open to me. But if you will not accept that and listen, then you will have to be taught."
    Behind you, Nobodies fill the corridor. Four huge, broard shouldered figures, blank featured and seemingly composed of some strange, liquid metal, with suggestions of detail that might be armor, or at least gives the impression of armor, sloping, curved lines and an immense weapon shaped like a razor edged 'T', a cross between a sword and an axe. In front of them strode a pair of different Nobodies, with suggestions of robes lie a monk's habbit and their hands crossed beneath what might be their sleaves. Behind them stream thousands of soldier heartless.

Vin
    Every direction you look is some new horror, many so terrible you long to claw out your eyes at the sheer perversion of this world. You can't think what could be done to turn a world to this, and you don't want to know. But for all the horror, none draws you as the tree did.

Solomon Kane, Dresden, Morbius, Elric
    The door creeps open. Darkness lurks beyond. Apparently, so two does the Cullens, and the way to fix things. You hope so.

Darkseid
    He staggers, your blow catching him on the jaw with a crack like thunder, but does not loose his feet, and follows up with a blow to your gut. Shockwaves from the force of the blow smash large potrions of the throneroom to dust, and again you are knocked from your feet.
    "Perhaps you are right. No matter, I am still strong enough." He says, straightening once more. Unfortunately, that's the case. He's far stronger then you, stronger then that abomination Doomsday, stronger then anything you've ever encountered. As is only fitting. His blood flows through your veins, afterall.
    Sidious has retreated to the place usually occupied by Desaad, the shadowy corned of the room, and watches the exchange through hooded eyes. It makes sense to him. One will stand, one will fall. Whoever wins will be the only one worthy of it.

Mickey
    Odin catches the keyblade, not seeming to take much harm. "You've caused me a lot of trouble, Mouse. Every turn I take, you are there, slowing me. No longer. I will break you."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-13 at 12:22 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

Vin

Vin closes her eyes for the moment, and takes several deep breathes.

Then she turns towards where the tree is, and says. "Hello?! Is anyone there?!"

She swallows a fresh vial, and some more Atium, in case she startles something bad.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quenthel
    The drow opens the door ever so slightly, ready to slam it shut. Even now, it's only open enough to let words pass umuffled. Quenthel asks, "What is the task?"

Kreia
    "My task is far more complex than that, Old God. I seek someone to surpass me, or a way for the Force to be surpassed. That I have seen it not once, but three times at least is a testament to its truth. I do not seek the end of all life; life can exist without the Force. Spontaneously. Haphazardly. At no one's whim but their own desire to live. That is what I seek, Old God; a universe where life reigns by its own hand, not by the unseen will of the Force."

Elric
    Backing down, Elric readies himself for whatever may lay behind the door. If he has the chance, he will look for the girl Vin. That's if he survives, however. For now, mustering his courage, the Emperor of Melnibone begins to enter the darkness. He motions to his companions, "Come; on to death and glory."
    Last edited by The Tygre; 2010-09-13 at 12:17 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Elric
    You step through, into a sleepy American Town called Forks, Washington. A car zooms past, nearly crashing into you.

Vin
    The hand blurs, faster then you can react even with your enhanced senses. Pain flairs as it closes around your ancle and grinds it to powder. The pain is excruchiating, but worse, you get a sense of what this thing is. A being beyond time,. who destroyed worlds with it's carelessness and nearly brought about the collapse of the multiverse, before it was saved by unlikely heroes.
    The hand grips tighter still, and for a moment you think you'll lose your thought, then the roots of the tree move and the hand lets go, pulled slightly deeper back into the ground.
    WWHHAATT AARREE YYOOUU?
    You don't even notice you've hit the ground. The Tree is talking to you. The Tree, if it is a tree, is talking.

Kreia
    Odin is now otherwise engaged, and won't be answering any further questions. The tube is closing, you'll have to hurry if you wish to persue this line of inquirey.

Quenthal
    "His name is Dresden. He has gotten involved in something that he shouldn't have." The big man says, still not daring to glance up at you.
    "The Crimson King wants him dead.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-13 at 05:44 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.