New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Twi] Twilight the lynching: The Gathering Storm

Asuka

She may be a Goddess of death in a mecha but on the ground like this she is just an unarmed child. She turns tail and runs to the mecha, at least there she can do something.

Dresden

"Becomes just another story" I said following Kane and Elric through the door.

Morbius give me a look coming up the rear.

"Come on the Clash?" I asked, the living vampire shook his head.

"No love for the classics."

Mickey

"No. You will never harm another." Mickey says holding out his rung and blasting the force of his boundless hope into the God's face.

Darksied

"You are stronger but I learned something from Granny Goodness." Darksied says not bothering to get off of the ground.

"Never fight a stronger foe when you can have others do it for you." Darksied says opening a Boom Tube that shall carry the two of them away from Apokalips and onto New Genesis. Darksied is protected by the treaties but his Father is not having been sealed into the wall many years when the treaties were first conceived.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Darkseid
    The Tube pulls you both there, crashing in the midst of a garden that's bright colors almost cause you physical pain. Your father stares around. "You were always soft." He growls, furious. He has no Boom Tube of his own, and so he is stuck here.
    Highfather floats down, flanked by many of his strongest fellows, including your son, Orion. Cpe fluttering around him he looks stern and hard.
    "You risk much coming here, Darkseid. The treaty is a convenience to you, perhaps, but flaunt it again and you risk shattering it completely, leaving war the only option. You exist here only because I tolerate it."
    Your father shoves you aside, glaring up at him. "You dare threaten my son, you sanctimonious bastard?" You feel stirrings of fondness for the old man. He always was so wonderfully direct. "Your soft children have grown weak and foolish, if they think they can fight me. I will not bear your insults." He's going to fight them. He's going to fight them all.

Asuka
    The Nobodies move to intercept you. Without thinking, you thrust your hand, and in a blinding flash of light the keyblade appears, driving into one of them, that falls apart, into tiny flakes. But the others are swinging their blades at you, and you don't think you can hold out long.

Dresden, Morbius, Solomon Kane
    You follow Elric to Forks. It's exactly how you remember it, down to every detail.

Mickey
    You hold the blast as long as you can, but when the power clears Odin is still standing there, smoking slightly. "There is no shame in this death. I defeat all eventually." That said he drives down his fist, seeking to crush you.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Green Lantern Corps

The Boom Tube closes, and the Corps raise their rings at Odin, moving to support Mickey if needed.

"Odin, you are under arrest under Code 1011 of the Book of Oa. Stand down for trial."

They form bindings of cold iron to chain him, and blindfolds to cover his single eye.

Jack T. Chance

"Ring, find out who the hell this guy thinks he is. Listen, buddy. I ain't hiding nothing. I just don't care about all that ****."

The Midnighter

Luthor finds himself pressed into the nearest patch of uncovered wall. Literally; he's about an eighth of an inch in.

"Hello, Lex!" The Midnighter growls. "Care to enlighten us?" It isn't a request. And the tone conveys that any condescension would be met with death. And not at the hands of an alien whose killing of him would turn Lex into a martyr.

Jackson

"I'll take the train. You ride on the monorail."

King steps into the car, while Ghost Rider scouts ahead, his bike riding atop the rail.

Oh Christ It's Her Run

Suzie stares at the empty package, and pouts.

"Fine. Give me something in the ammunition category, then. I want to be able to bust bunkers, make nitro feel inadequate, and make John's dice seem like..." she struggles with the last metaphor. They really aren't her thing. "something really really orderly. Like computer logic. A box of whatever qualifies, and put it on my tab."
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

4. - Top - End - #94

Darksied

Darksied looks up to his son, "Ask the All Father about when your Grandfather ruled Apokalips and you will reconize the need for this."

With a slight twitch of his legs Darksied attempts to pull Yuga to the ground.

Asuka

((How did I miss the Keyblade?))

"It's on now." Asuka swings the key shaped blade in an arc through the Nobodies before their blades can hit her.

Dresden

"Forks? At least it's familar territory this time." I said holding out the enchanted tooth on a string hoping it would point us towards the nearest Cullen to blast but the enchantment had been running a long time and I hadn't put that much juice into it.

Mickey

Mickey rolls away from the blow and joins the Green Lanterns in attempting to bing the God with glowing chains of energy and emotion.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack T. Chance
    *Scanning... No positive match. No DNA, or brain activity observable. Subject does not exist.*
    Hannibal looks at him. "Not true at all. You have an outer-shell, perhaps, but it is simply a coping mechanism. Your father beat you, your mother took advantage of your naivity and you were an outsider for your entire childhood, that much is for certain. No doubt some woman took advantage of you as well, broke your heart? They do that. But beneath it all, you're actually an uptight and moralistic individual, with a clearly defined, self-imposed moral compass. This cynicism and projected hard exterior you try so hard to maintain is simply a manner for you to..."
    He stops. "What? What are you trying to prove? That you aren't like the rest? That you're an exception? Is it just some sad desire to be accepted, and admired, rather then looked on with the contempt you view yourself? Or is it just that you want to prove you're not like your father..."
    He hasn't raised his voice, or moved. He seems genuinely curious.

The Midnighter
    "You never change. What do you want to know? What's going on, or what the computers do?" He's not patronizing you. Lex doesn't need to act that way around people like you, he saves it up for people like Adrian and Victor Von Doom.

Jackson, Ghost Rider
    The train stops, revealing a station full of Heartless. Big ones.
    Four massive black spheres with several twisted tentacles sprouting out of them haphazardly, with the exception of two massice, hornlike ones cothered in bands. Their jagged maws is red on the inside, and its eyes are eerie, glowing, yellow circles. Each are wrapped in two chains ending in a conical weight. And each are the aproximate size of a hot air balloon.

Watchdogs. Powerful ones.

Green lantern Corps
    Odin's fist stops an inch from Mickey. He falls silent, and seems to consider. "On what terms?" He says at last. The longer he draws thiis out, of course, the more power you have to expend. An obvious trick, but an effective one.

Asuka
    The keyblade is a powerful weapon, but one you've never used before. The next Berserker blocks your clumsy strike with it's enormous claymore, Then swings a massive blow at you, as though it's chopping firewood.

Darkseid
    It's like trying to bring down a mountain. Your father does not intend to go peacefully. He's ignoring you, and your slowly reigning him back, but it's not easy to say the least.
    Orion lands clenching his massive fists. "I will not have you threaten -" He starts to say, his warrior blood boiling, before Yuga almost breaks his neck with a backwand slap, sending him staggering away and shattering his helmet. "I can't believe he's blood." He says depreciatingly, then stares up at Highfather again. "Well? Will you see your people ground into the dust beneath my heel, or will you fight me yourself?"

Dresden
    No reaction. The magic has been long since used up, and the tooth has crumbled to dust.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-13 at 01:25 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Green Lantern Corps

"You are to cease using any and all divine powers, and will be taken to a secure holding Sciencell in Oa to await trial. You will be treated with courtesy during your stay, and will be judged by the Guardians."

Jack T. Chance

"Shut it. Shut up."

Chance uses the ring to create a pair of sunglasses, ones that will help him see the world as it truly is. He stares at Hannibal.

Jackson and Ghost Rider

"Hold on."

Jackson extends his telepathy, trying to see if he can touch upon their senses surreptitiously.

The Midnighter

"Good answer. Bad tone."

Luther gets pushed another eighth of an inch(about 3 millimeters) into the wall. It still hurts.

"Both. Remember that I may not be among the best and brightest, but Christine is. And from this distance, I can hear your heartbeat sing to me. You lie, I remove an extremity."
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack T. Chance
    A less astute human of student nature would get nothing from the green lantern but the frustration of someone who is being forced into a conversation he doesn't want.
    But to Hannibal Lecter the subtle cuse are like flashing neon signs. And Jack isn't complex enough to be able to hold out for long. He's a direct man, used to direct threats. The more subtle sort is much harder for him.
    "I'll wager you live alone. Nobody special. A few sticky fumblings of one night stands perhaps, with women who remind you of your mother. But you never reach out. Never a real relationship, even with other lanterns. Because your afraid. Not being good enough, never being good enough, always falling short of some standard. Perhaps you resent them, for the morality and righteousness they are only capable of thanks to you soiling yourself to keep their hands clean. And so they congratulate you, and shower you with honors, but trust and accept you? Of course you don't wear the uniform. You're just as eager not to belong as they are to shift you aside and forget about you. But from the outside, you can pretend it was your idea all along rather then just another rejection in a long line of failures. How lonely you must be." He shakes his head.
    "What severe childhood trauma you must have gone through to wind up as you have. You weren't born a hero. You were made one through years of systematic abuse, failure and self-pity. You came to hate your own identity, to the point that you decided to reinvent yourself like this, in denial of what you know yourself to be. But this pathology is a thousand times more savage, and you know you'll never actually change, you'll be struggling for an empty title until one day it becomes too much and you snap. Then you'll be dragged back To Oa in chains, thrown in a prison with Sinestro and someone will replace you.
    Given the chance, you would deny me my life, wouldn't you? You'd kill me, because it's easier. And you're struggling so hard, fighting with all you have to stay good. Because you walk a thin line on the edge of the knife, and if you fall either way it's all over."
    He's empty. No identifying marks, no DNA, No brainwaves, no heartbeat. His biological components are human, so you'd go with human, but that's all you have to work with. He's a nobody.

Jackson and Ghost Rider
    You can. They don't have senses as you understand them, but they are enough for you to be able to find them, and cut them off.

Green Lantern Corps
    "And I am allowed to defend myself? Be represented as I choose by someone willing to give a few words on my behalf? Perhaps justify my actions to a few impartial witnesses?"
    Now he's just being insulting.

The Midnighter
    "Why would I lie? You wouldn't understand me regardless." he says, then turns to Christine. "The truth, I'm afraid, is that I have only a minute understanding of the purpose of this entire array." If you would let me..." He stares pointedly at your arm.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-13 at 01:50 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Gulping
    Guest in the Playground

Ryoma

"Oh, I see. Jumping from one group of world-killers to another. You're just ASKING for this." Ryoma hurls the damaged axe into the mob of Nobodies and Heartless, significantly reducing their numbers, before drawing a pair of the clublike handaxes. Ryoma's eyes and veins start to glow again, as his blades shimmer with emerald light. He lashes out, exchanging blows with the Nobody. Ryoma continues to banter the Ex-Commander as they fight.

"You're a punk with a doctorate and nothing left to live for, Rokubungi. Whatever the hell it is you're fighting for, you're not going to get it."

The sounds of clashing wraithbone and Getter-charged polyformic alloy ring out through the abandoned headquarters, Ryoma's frenzied striking warring against whatever the hell Gendo's doing.

"I told you before that I had met Yui, Rokubungi. I didn't know her well, but I think I know enough about her to state that she would NOT like what you've become. Not at all."

The Getter pilot's attacks intensify, going harder and faster as Ryoma continues to verbally prod Gendo. It's not really his style to fight like this, but the man seriously pisses him off. He can't NOT insult the plot-happy bastard, it's like some sort of drug.

"Are you even TRYING to bring her back anymore? Or are you just keeping on with this whole 'I am a sinister plotting man muahahaha' because you've forgotten how to do anything else?"

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryoma
    "I..." He starts to say, then can't continue. Since becoming a Nobody, he has fealt his emotions begin to drift away, turning to nothing. Most of the rest of the organization mannaged to avoid it in one way or another, but Gendo was unprepared.
    He can't even remember her face anymore. He'd joined because they seemed able to bring back the dead, and perhaps it would be possible to save Yui.
    How had he forgotten that? How had he stopped caring about the one thing that had kept him going all this time? He's done everything, moved heaven and earth to bring her back, dedicated his every action to that one result. And like a music so much part of him he no longer noticed it, he hadn't even realised when it stopped and stopped going on. He no longer cared. He no longer cared about anything. He didn't even care that he no longer cared.
    His guard is slipping, he's slowing a little, almost missing a few blows, saving himself just in time. Whatever Anime might tell you, soul searching and epiphany's have their place, and it's not when you need to battle.
    "I don't... care." He gets out at last, in an emotionless voice. Just as you are a receptible for Gettar energy, he has become a receptible for it's opposite, and has become hollow, completely empty of life, emotion, passion, and everything that made us more then programmed responses and stimuli. He was no longer a person. He was a nobody.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-13 at 07:58 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

Yoda
    The Jedi Master stretches out one hand and the force flows through him, smashing them back in an explosion of force that drives them down the hallway and into a messy clump.
    He turns to stare at Asuka. "Dangerous to those without experience, weapons are." He says. "Teach you, I will. Much to learn, you have, Hurm."

Kamina
    Blue Lantern flaring, he crates a miniture Ganmen out of light that stomps towards the Heartless and Nobodies, crushing them with his flailing arms or drilling through them with over-sized drills, all the while yelling a mostly incoherent speach at the top of his voice about his general awesomeness and their inferiorness.
    It's very inspirational, or would be if anyone could follow whatever it was he was saying.

Thanos
    The Mad Titan looks at the god, but doesn't speak. Yet. For the moment he's deciding how he's going to Get Wednesday away from the Lanterns and kill him himself.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Kamina
    The Nobodies hack at you, able to damage the construct of light with their blades. Mostly they manage to move around you, but the Heartless are fam game, and you plow through them like a bulldozer.
    They're disorganised, barely able to line up given the force push Yoda subjected them to. Easy prey. You plow through them like a runaway steamroller.

Elsewhere
    "Richard."
    Richard Rahl lay on the ground, choking on his own blood, his eyes glazed, his body resembling nothing so much as a badly butchered slab of meat that had been pounded with a mallet. Any other man would be dead given the injuries he'd sustained. He would be soon. All his toughness was for in the end was drawing out his suffering.
    "Richard!" the voice insisted.
    It came from far away. He ignored it. The lies had one, triumphing overall that was right. He was ready to die. Better oblivion then a world like the one he would wake up into. Yes. Death would be a mercy. Soon the blessed darkness would swallow him, and he would know no more.
    "Richard! raise your head and look at me!"
    He couldn't... and wouldn't anyway, even if he could. Why should he? Better to just lie here and wait for the end. He was supposed to be dead anyway, hadn't the damn Blackie stabbed him in the head, the blade cutting through his brain?
    "It didn't go anywhere near your brain, you stupid bastard. The sword hasn't been forged that could make headway on your thick skull. No. You're not dying. You've got a headache, but that much you can deal with. Your meant to die, you're bleeding to death and you're too stupid to crawl over and find some help, you just lie their, puling in your own blood... but trust me, if you don't get up I'll make what you're feeling right now feel like bliss. Like F*cking rapture."
    It was not the threats that got through to the man who had been Richard Rahl, emperor of Da'Hara, but rather the owner of that deep, penetrating, hissing voice seemed to have read his mind. His head came up slowly, the agony excruciating, he almost blacked out as spots danced in front of his eyes ripping bloody channels through his mind as it went, bile rose in a gorge in the back of his throat mixed with thick blood, and the last of his strength ebbed dangerously.
    A long, syrupy moan escaped him that became a hacking cough. A bloody ball of phlegm and other gunk escaped his lungs, and the sight of it made him weak.
    There was a flapping, tickling sensation between his eyes, as though a million worms were wriggling in his skin. He wanted to pick at them, make them go away, but he knew he needed both arms to support himself. He could barely even do that.
    The figure towering above him looked ghastly, unreal. That was partly because he was swimming with so much pain he felt like he was aboard a rocking ship and blood had welled over one eye forcing him to peer through a crimson curtain, but he suspected it was mostly because the figure WAS ghastly and unreal. It looked like a man, but Richard was almost certain it wasn't a man at all.
    The figure was wearing a collared shirt, with a black tie, a short, dark jacket belted at the waist, faded denim trousers, and old, dusty, worn boots, the boots of a county man, a rancher, a farmer, or-
    "Or a cowboy, Richard? Nah, after your time." He said, answering himself, the tittered.
    Richard stared desperately up at the figure, trying to see his face, but the jacket had a hood, and it was up. The countenance was lost in shadows, all he could make out was a moustache on his upper lip, ad the hint of a cleft chin.
    "Your thinking again. Or what passes for it in your skull. Good." The stranger said in his - or its - whispery, deep, penetrating voice. "Maybe now you'll star remembering too."
    "Who are you?" Richard asked. He moved slightly, and he felt fresh channels ripped in his brain, and it became difficult to think again. But as bad as that feeling was, the itching, the painful, maddening itching between his eyes was worse. It was all he could do not to howl and claw at it.
    "I'm a man of many handles, your majesty." Said the figure from inside his hood, and although his voice was grave, Richard go the feeling their was laughter lurking below the surface.
    "There's them call me Jimmy; Still others call me Timmy. Some call me Handy, others call me Dandy. Some call me Loser, others call me Winner, Just so long as the don't call me late for dinner."
    The man threw back his head and laughed, laughter that chilled the skin and made him forget his pain in the fear of the moment, prickling his skin with gooseflesh; it was like the howl of a wolf.
    "I've been called the Ageless Stranger." He says, walking towards Richard who tried desperately to scramble backward. "Always liked that one. I've been called Merlin, Maerlyn or variations of that theme - who cares, that one I can't take credit for, although I never denied it either. I am sometimes called the wizard, or the sorcerer, or magician, but lets keep it... human, between us."
    He pushed back his hood, to reveal a pleasant, broad-browed face that was not, for all it's pleasant looks, in any way human. His blue black hair was slightly oily, his eyes were too wild and intense to be sane, his lips peeled back to reveal the teeth of a cannibal. He held out a hand that was utterly devoid of lines. "What do you say pad? Take this old sinners hand? Shake the hand that shook the world?"
    Richard shrieked and tried to wiggle back further. He'd forgotten the pain, the terrible gash and the flap of skin that swung back and forth. He'd forgotten the pounding ache in his skull, everything. All he knew, his entire conciousness, his entire being had fused into one insistent thought: I must get away from this beast who looks like a man.
    But when the stranger seized his right hand and shook it, the thought vanished. The pain returned, worse then ever, and the scream that had been locked in his breast finally escaped. The loose flap swung and dangled.
    "Is that bothering you? It must be. Here!" The newcomer seized the flap and ripped it off Richard's head with a brisk tug, revealing a bleary swatch of fractured skull. There was a noise like a heavy cloth being torn. The oozing blood that had slowed to a trickle torrented out again. Richard screamed again, rather more insistently.
    "There, there. It only hurts for a second. What does not kill you makes you stronger, after all." He says, squatting on his hunches. "Am I right?"
    "Ye-yes. Yes you are." Richard managed to force out. The pain was fading a little, anyway.
    "If you want to thank me - and I'm sure you do - you should say something an old acquaintance of mine used to say. I'm fond of him, even if he did betray me eventually. But he was a friend for a while, and I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for him. Say, 'My life for you'. Can you say that? It would make me very happy."
    Richard found himself saying that. In fact, he couldn't stop. My life for you! My life for you! My life for you! My life -"
    He found himself choking, the muscles of his throat contracting, cutting off his air. He was finding it impossible to breathe. He clawed at it, but the choking didn't lesson. Then at last it stopped.
    "Sorry about that, but time is short... Not really, I was just annoyed, and you were beginning to sound like a broken record. Now, you're going to live again. You might even get Kahlan back, you'd like that wouldn't you? All you have to do is find someone for me, and bring her back, alive if reasonably practical. Her name is Vin."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-13 at 07:50 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by industrious View Post
    Sam Oliver

If he had so desired, Sam could have been the Antichrist. He was one of three of the Devil's sons who had rejected that honor; Merlin himself being the first, and Adam Young, the second. Had Sam desired power, he merely would have needed to wish for it; had he desired to become more than merely human, it was but a few words away.

But Sam did not wish any of those things. He was a good person, or at least tried to be. He was mediocre at many things, absolutely terrible at others. Sam lived a life of third-bests and hourly wages. And all in all, he was content. But while Sam would never score above average on an IQ test, he possessed enough common sense to realize his father's goals and desires. And how by not fulfilling said desires, Sam was baiting the Devil into unleashing wrath, of one form or the other. Therefore, in his new apartment, Sam had layers upon layers of protective runes and other symbols of protection. Holy water sprinklers in every room. Crosses on every doorknob and horseshoes above each door. And most important of all...circular patterned carpeting, large enough to fit a bed on. And Sam always kept to the circles.

Azazel finds his spirit repelled by the shape. And Sam grows aware of the demon's presence.

"You aren't getting near me or my family by subterfuge. Show yourself."
    The black, thin cloud that is Azazel immediately flits backwards, gravitating away from the circle. Though I don't know if circles would repel things besides the Devil himself, he believes there might be a devil's trap hidden underneath the rug.

And then, suddenly, realizes where he is. The charms, traps, runes. Though they couldn't necessarily stop Azazel, they could definitely weaken him.

This would be more difficult than he'd assumed.

The cloud flies over and crouches in a corner, away from all the anti-demon bits. A voice gravitates from that direction. "My, my. Somebody's paranoid. I admire that, I've gotta say." Something resembling a head glances around in the shadow. "I guess I'm not the only demon that's been after you. But trust me, subterfuge was not what I had in mind."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Azazel
    "Something like that. Something." Sam says, trying not to look nervous, and does everything he can to keep himself from babbling, or worse, stuttering. He didn't know exactly what was going on, or have any idea what was happening, and that worried him. By now, he had populated the area with silent terrors many of them worse then you, and was all he more nervous from the long wait. He wished he'd taken the Hunters advice and bought a gun, though it wouldn't do him much good against demons.
    With confidence he did not feel, he tries to be direct. "So what do you want?"
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-13 at 08:01 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #104

Asuka

"I've never used a sword before but..." Asuka adjusts her grip on the keyblade moving her hand up onto the circular length on metal that leads to the teeth above the guard.

Since the weapon is made from Light and Darkness with it's material form being an illusional metaphor that human minds can easier grasp it has no real wait so can be weilded like a knife much easier. Asuka trained for years in knife fighting, sure it was mecha knife fighting but the concepts were the same just smaller. "...Knives I know."

With that she ducks beneath the next soldier's attack and brings her keyblade up into his neck.

Dresden

"Well I wonder? What bad guys who have screwed around with reality before do we know live in Forks?" I asked sarcastically walking down the street.

"Off to the Cullen Residence then?" Morbius asks

"Actually you guys go on ahead." I said stopping at the first pay phone I could find.

"I'm calling for reinforcments." I put my quarter into the phone and dialed the number of the Warden Command, I gave my password to the elderly Wizard on the other end and waited to be put threw to Lucio.

Darksied

"He is stronger than you ever shall be." Say what you will about Darksied but he does not take insults to his Son well. Even if the son was forever lost to him under the treaties and in spirit.

A blast of the Omega Sanction should catch Yuga off guard, when last they met Darksied bowed in fear, before that a young Darksied was meek and powerless but no more.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-09-13 at 10:03 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

Vin

Vin clenches her teeth against the pain, and flares her Pewter.

"I"m...Vin! A Mistborn, and I mean you no harm! Please let go!"

Solomon Kane

"Thus does the cycle of ages turn back on us, and ending meet beginings." Solomon muses.

"Yes, let's see if they're home."

A nasty thought strikes him suddenly. "Dresden! What if...what if this isn't a Forks, Washington identical to our own. What if this is the same Fork, Washingon, down to the same time we first came here!"

16. - Top - End - #106

Dresden

"I certainly hope not. Thats some serious breaches in the laws of magic, the other Wardens will have my head." I said to Solomon while I was on hold with the Wardens.

"Hm. It is possible but then we must take care not to meet ourselves or else we may cause a time paradox and that is the last thing we need. Of course seeing ourselves might be the only way to rerify if this the past or not." Morbius ponders rubbing a clawed hand under his chin.

"We should continue on to the Cullen residence and see if any of us are already there but we must avoid being seen." The vampire continues

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

Solomon Kane

"I concur." Solomon agrees.

18. - Top - End - #108

Azazel

The old demon laughs, a short, haughty thing. A pair of yellow eyes wink open in the cloud. "I don't want anything from you. It's what my fellows below want that matters here." He starts to move closer to the circular rug. Testing it's strength. "And they want your child. That thing in the crib, the reborn soul of one of the greatest mass murderers in Earth's history."

"You could say I'm their right hand in the mortal realms." The goat sighs, gradually getting larger, silhouette looking more intimidating. "And so I'm here to collect. Now, are you going to start tossing charms at me..." He chuckles.
    "Which really won't do much good, mind you... or will you give me the kid?"

Just as Sam might be about to reply, he'll interject, "This is the part where you ask something along the lines of, 'And what if I don't'?"

The creature turns it's head, to glance towards the kitchen. "Mm. Well, I suppose we could go ask your lovely wife. Whatever she's cooking smells delicious."

He starts to drift off slowly towards the kitchen, whether there's a closed door or no. Sam might want to either attack or tell him to stop at this point.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Coop
    He's outside in the mech, trying to keep the flooding numbers of Heartless and Nobodies at bay. Someone has to do it, and why not the person who has no fighting ability, outside of wrestling, on the team?
    Greatest Song of the Week: Hidan's Theme
    Picture of the Week: Come to Life

Twilight, the Lynching

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

Akuma
    Without another word, he goes to make a quick chop.
    King Ghidorah
    Seeing it is unoppossed, the fell beast flys down to New York City, taking down several buildings as it does so. People flee in utter terror, having not had much time to react to its entrence. The heads of King Ghidorah fire out the beams of energy, slicing apart the tallest skyscrapers. It roars triumphantly, taking great pleasure in the destruction.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

Magog
    The huge form of Magog steps behind Midnighter, gleaming wierdly in the flourescant and UV lights of the monitors and screens. His hand tightens on his staff given to him by Gog.
    For a moment, he was confused. How did he get here? He had arrive with the Authority, the superhero team he had joined and were now almost a family after he had shot The Joker...
    But he had just fought The Joker...
    He had arrived with Midnighter, and they had...
    He shook his head, his golden horns making lethal motions as he did, and does his best to ignore his confusion.
    "You're smarter then this Luthor. Much smarter. Why the hell did you walk in and let us catch you?"

Thanos
    "ENOUGH!" Never patient, his just lost what little he possessed. "Fight or go quietly. No more talk."
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Akuma
    The dwarf catches it on his meaty forearm, and responds with a cross that rattles the teeth in your jaw.

Azazel
    "Wait. Waitwaitwait." Sam says, waving his hands and running in front of the door. "Timeout. Hold it." He's a bit out of breath, and he's very confused, but he can recognize he's seriously in danger. "What? What the hell are you talking about? What do you mean murderer? Worst thing he's done is kept me or Andi up at night."

Darksied
    Yuga Khan stumbles, the omega sanction nearly knocking him off his feet. The New Genesis Gods are closing in, but none of them are eager to help you. Why should they, when they can leave you to fight for them? Of course, if you leave, they'll have to fight.

Dresden
    "Harry." Oh no. Not Lucio. Definitely not Lucio. Lucio is pleasant to listen to. But anyone would be pleasant to listen to compared to this.
    Donald Morgan.
    "To think." He says, not giving you a chance to. "Arthur Langtry is found with his throat slit. Not many could manage that. Ebenezer McCoy has disappeared, with signs of a struggle. The Day Watch has arrived, in force, and are threatening to go to war with us over a minor matter. The group who claim to be the Black Council are acting again. We can't reach the Grey Council. We are cut off, and we might even be destroyed. Forces are moving that were were not even aware of. Forces we are not prepared to deal with. And in all this chaos, I get a call from you, and suddenly it all makes sense. Why am I not surprised?"
    He doesn't think you are involved. Not directly anyway, Morgan isn't an idiot, but no doubt he thinks you're a box of matches in a gasoline pipe. Which to be fair isn't far from the truth.

Vin
    The hand has been forced back by the roots of the tree. The bone has been shattered, and you can't risk putting weight on it. But you can't bring yourself to touch it either.
    So you compromise, sitting on an ancient menhir that was once part of a barrow. The tree doesn't say anything else, it must be waiting to hear more.

Asuka
    The blade works, sinking into it's throat, and tearing it apart. It dissolves on the air into nothing. Two down, four to go.

Ash, Shotgun Suzie
    He hands you two boxes of catriges. Row after row, all gleam sadistically. You can't wait to try them out.

John Taylor, Sanya, Fayt
    Tommy Oblivion arrives. The thee reasonable men arrive next. But still no sign of the Gentleman adventurer.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-13 at 07:29 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

23. - Top - End - #113

Dresden

"Then this is a bad time to tell you that the Sparkling Court I filed a report on a few months ago is back and seemingly in league with some rather nasty Outsiders to destroy the foundation of reality and I need back up." I said dryly before going over what he said.

"This is too coincidental. Everything that can go wrong doing so when the world is about to end. Any word from Summer or the White Court? Any of our allies still with us?" It was unlikely, if Day Watch was going to war with the White Council then the other players except maybe Night Watch are going to stay the hell out of the way.

Actually that was a good point. "Where is Night Watch in this? They have to act counter to Day Watch like Summer and Winter right?"

Asuka

Dive at the first and slit it's throat before it can react, followed immediately by slashing the other across the chest as it moves in to help it's comrade. These things won't get the best of her again.

Darksied

The reason to fight here was not to let the New Genesis Gods clean up when this went too far but first he had to show the Old Man who he is. While Yuga is still stunned Darksied dives into the air seeking to tackle his father to the ground.

Morbius

Morbius leads the way towards the Cullen residence, leaving Dresden on the phone.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-09-13 at 07:38 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Dresden
    "Yes it is." Morgan replies, growling. "It's a very bad time."
    He answers your questions anyway. "The Day Watch are moving, but not to help us. They'll let it happen if Zabulon is able to prove he had legitimate reason. Even if he doesn't, they'll step in at the time that gives them the most benefit." Morgan is a crusader. He doesn't like compromise. And he really doesn't like either of the Watches. You don't either, but more because they're a bunch of Pr*cks.
    "As to the fey and the White Court, Carmilla has declared that she will take anyone who interferes back into herself. Queen Titania can't get involved without Mab doing the same. No Harry, we're alone."
    He's going to be hard to convince, you can already tell.

Solomon Kane, Morbius
    There is a flash of light, and Alucard is towering above you, smiling his smile. It's not exactly cruel, just indifferent to the suffering of others. The sun seems colder, the sky darker, colors muted.
    A tiny girl in a frumpy pink, frilly outfit is perched on his shoulder, swinging her legs and smiling happily. He manages to be intimidating despite this.
    "Well, if it isn't the wanderer and the imitation." He says, staring at Michael in a very unsettling way.

Darksied
    You finally get him on his knees, as your elbow gets him on the back of the neck. He glares at you with a glare that promises an eternity of suffering, but until he breaks your hold you have him at your mercy.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-13 at 07:49 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

Vin

Vin sits, hesitates, then speaks some more:

"My greatest desire at the moment is to protect the Dark Tower, and keep the Red from destroying it, and the Black from gaining complete control over it. At the moment, though..."

She sighs, a sigh of weariness, and of pain, what with the shattered ankle. If only I was a Feruchemist. She mused. I could have saved up some health, then tap it to heal my leg. If wishes were mistwraiths...then wishes would have weird skeletal structures.

"...at the moment, I am utterly lost, without direction.

First I was sent down from the afterlife to assist this Wizard, in this Big Metal City with mechanized transports, then I'm in a desert, and there's a Tower that's a Linchpin to reality itself, and then there's this Dwarf in a Red Robe that turns into a giant Spider Thing, and it eats one of my companions, then runs off, and then we get attacked by what I assume to be manifestations of Nightmares, and then we get locked in a room with this Black Ball, and suddenly we're in a prison of the insane, being attacked by a legion of mechanical men and undead monsters, and then this Dark-clad Elf with weapons that consume souls starts attacking, and I can't even scratch him, then one of our new allies accidently summons a Great Old Being of some kind, who gives some enigmatic advice and sends me hurtling through the fabric of reality to here and now and this yellow hand right here breaks my ankle and I..."

Her breath catches.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. At all."
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-09-13 at 08:00 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

Solomon Kane

"The No-Life King." Solomon Kane replies, showing no trace of fear.

"What brings you to this land? The orders of your master?"

Then he turns and looks at the vampiric child on his shoulder.

"And who may you be, Miss...?" she says diplomatically.
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-09-13 at 07:54 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flandre
    "I'm his grandaughter, Flandre!" she chirps. She would follow that up with a 'Howdya do?' or 'Nice to meet you!' but she didn't know if these were the people she was hunting. Best to stay on a name only basis. Some friends just couldn't be made.

Coop
    Smash, smash, missles, smash, suplex, gigantic crater, you know the drill by now.

Anderson
    Doesn't speak up. Stays in silence. Waits for opportune moment, when time is right.
    Greatest Song of the Week: Hidan's Theme
    Picture of the Week: Come to Life

Twilight, the Lynching

28. - Top - End - #118

Azazel

The cloud stops as Sam runs forth, scrunching up into a smaller cloud and staring up at him. Then, suddenly, it shoots upward, an eight foot silhouette of wispy shadow. A pair of small horn-like protrusions can be seen on the 'head' (or at least where the head of a humanoid would be) and the yellow eyes flash once more.

Despite it's insubstantiality, the sheer feeling of wrong radiating off the old goat may be intimidating.

"Oh, you ignorant boy. You really think getting this involved with the devil can be healthy for your family?" A smoky arm gestures towards the crib. "That seemingly innocent creature is the vessel for the soul of Nicodemus Arcleone, creator of the Black Plague, willing host of a fallen angel, and one of the most dangerous creatures in the mortal realm."

"And I'm here to take him." Then, before Sam realizes he's stepped off of his circular rug, Azazel tries to force his way down the man's throat.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Solomon Kane
    "You are insightful." The King of the Black Court replies. "My master has sent me here, tracking an elusive quarry. It seems afraid to confront me." Reaching up, he lifts Flandre and deposits her on the ground.

Vin
    A broken boat of a moon rose. The moon had risen enough to flood the barren area with enough light to see.
    You gaze fives on the hand and forearm, still protruding, now gripping a root, and betraying the occasional, feeble twitch. The root seemed to have grown, though, and seemed to be enveloping the hand, as a tree used for a line post will envelop a wire tacked to it.
    "CCOOMMEE CCLLOOSSEERR" It says, voice speeding up, until it's almost human. Perhaps it simply hasn't spoken for a long time. "Come closer, ephemeral." You look around, and see the other trees you spotted before are standing very still, no longer moving in the breeze. They seem to be watching you.

Coop
    You've killed all the outside Heartless.

Azazel
    He gapes like a fish. He stares at his son, shakes his head, eyes goggling, then stares at you. Back and forth a few times. Then he shakes his head. "No. No! You are not taking my son." He points a shaking finger at you. "And I don't believe you." He's not quite so convincing there. Who knows what his father is capable of.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-13 at 08:33 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

30. - Top - End - #120

Dresden

"Ebenezer is missing and the Merlin is dead. Is the rest of the Senior Council safe and accounted for at least?"

Morbius

"I didn't chose this form." Morbius places his hand on the hilt of his sword.

"A pleasure to meet you Flandre." He nods to the tiny vampire on Alucard's shoulder.

"No doubt you are aware of the current conflict. Where does the infamous Alucard's allegiances lie?"

Darksied

Darksied shifts his grip on his Father's neck to hold the elder God in place. "Submit and return to your prison."