New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Twi] Twilight the lynching: The Gathering Storm

Darkseid
    He begins to rise, becoming harder and harder to hold onto. "Make me." He replies, then throws you off.
    "Now that I am here, I will shatter you all. I shall foul paradise beyond repair and break the shining cities of the gods, crumbling them down to nothing. I will take you to a hell without exit or end. Try and stop me and you shall perish with your way of life and my foolish son. So speaks Yuga Khan."
    At that point, Orin hits him. He barely flinches at the blow. Highfather lands. "This has gone on long enough You test the might of New Genesis, and shall reap the cost." Cosmic energy begins to gather on his outstretched hands.

Morbius
    "That depends on my Master, of course." He replies. "And indeed you didn't. If you had, I would spill you all over this town."

Dresden
    "Yes. They have been taken to a safe place. Surely you don't expect me to tell you where, Dresden?"
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-13 at 08:39 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground

Vin

Vin, after some thought, takes out a bandage and uses it to tie a bandage around her damaged foot, slipping a boxing in-between the bandaged part of her foot. Then she stands up. As she does so, she burns Steel and gently Pushes on the coin underneath her foot, taking most of the pressure off her damaged ankle.

She takes a few cautious steps away from the withered hand. She burns Atium, so that she could evade any malicious actions before they came to pass.

"May I ask why you want me to come closer?" she says cautiously.

Solomon Kane

The Puritan silently watches.

Sanya

The agnostic paladin takes a step forward to greet Tommy Oblivion. "Pleasure to meet you: the name's Sanya, Knight of the Cross."
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-09-13 at 08:34 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Vin
    You burn Atium, but somehow suspect it won't do much good. Not against this thing. It reminds you of God, in sheer presence, although isn't quite as much of it.
    "You asked help. You demanded help. You pleaded and begged for help. Stand still and accept it. Come closer."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Morbius

"Who are you hunting then?" Morbius asks, obviously it wasn't them since he hadn't started shooting or biting yet.

Dresden

"Hells Bells Morgan. I was just checking. Do you need me to report in or do I continue dealing with the sparkling vampires and their tentacled friends?"

Darksied

It was time to withdraw. Darksied opens a Boom Tube back to Wednesday.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Dresden
    "You're a watcher, they trust your judgement." He can't bring himself to question that, that would be paramount to calling the councils decisions into question, and Morgan would perform a lobotomy on himself with the big sword he carries around before allowing himself to do that.

Darkseid
    You come back to Apokilips. Lobo is standing by your throne, two of the female Furies... erm... keeping him company, by dint of being pressed hard against him. How much of it is consensual is really a question, he's got an enormous chain holding them in place, but they don't seem to be too upset about it.
    "Darkseid. 'Bout a dozen of your goons jumped me fer some reason. We talked, and once I got tired of showing him pits of himself it finally got through that you wanted to talk to the Main Man."
    He releases the chain, and steps forward, spreading his arms. "Well here's Lobo. What do you need?"
    Kalibak bows his head. "I am sorry for my failure, father. I offer penance."

Morbius
    "I do not know yet. But it won't take me long to find him. His kind are clumsy. I can smell them all over the place..."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

The sun was setting over the horizon, colouring the sea with blood and gold, a beautiful sight, one that Jack couldn't quite decide was welcoming or awfully bloody scary at this point. The waves rolled in, wonderful as they were high above, and the sky far below him was as beautiful as the sea. The rope around his ankles were shaving through the boots, and he had a terrible itch on his nose.

"Stumps?"
    he inquired, ""Hey, STUMPS!" he called again, slightly higher this time, and again, only the twittering of some twilight birds was all he could hear. Begruntled at how Stumps and Halflegs could leave him, literally, hanging, jack started muttering, not even he himself could quite make out what it was, but the mutters were angry in nature, he was sure of it. As he muttred, he also started jerking his hands, one at a time, trying to get loose, all the while muttering and bringing doom and death and empty bottles of rum down on Stumps and Halflegs, those smugglers hadn't seen the last of him.

Eventually, Jack's hands became freed from their shackles of itchy rope, and he could eagerly scratch his nose and forehead and hair and...
    Once the scratching was done, he quickly pulled a knife from his boot, but only after a copious ammount of rocking back and forth, failing to reach his boots, and, from the rocking motion, bumping into three of the surrounding palmtrees. As the rope was eventually severed, Jack tumbled to the ground, with a thud, and an unspeakably horrible sound of something shattering, his cheek twitched for a bit, and then he sighed, his face that of complete and utter resignation.

Jack later returned to the longboat that was to take him back to The Pearl after his horrid experience, pieces of glass still stuck to his rum soaked back, that one, delicious flask, the one he had savoured for so long, now, all gone. "Take me back!" he ordered, his hat, although soggy from the small crocodile pond the smugglers had thrown it in, sat snuggly atop his head, "I'll deal with the vermin later. NOW! Mister Gibbs, is my ship ready?

"Aye sir!" Mr Gibbs answered with enthusiasm as he loaded the last few supplies from the makeshift campsite, "She be ready to run again."

As however, they all arrived upon the Pearl, the lookout cried hard and loud, "Navy!" Jack, and Barbossa as well, both hauled out their looking glasses, Barbossa's still the larger one after Jack's... creation fell to bits. MAN THE CANNONS! TO BATTLE STATIONS! the orders kept coming from both captains, almost simultaneously. And as the cannons rolled out, and as the smoke rose thick, thunder rolling across the sea and men screaming above the waves, something happened. Jack had just swung over to the large frigatte, his gun fired, his cutlass wet with salty water and blood, when the sky tore open in purple lightning, and the ocean grew black.

Before anyone knew what happened, The Blackbird, the frigatte Jack was now on, fell through clear skies, a massive gob of water underneath them, it was as if the ship, everyone on it, and a portion of the sea, had been moved to heaven, whom, upon learning of the proper nature of Jack and the other pirates whom had rapelled onto the frigatte, decided to drop the case.

All of the marines, and all of the pirates, were clinging to whatever they could, screaming as they went, when suddenly, from behind them, at the rudder, Jack's voice rang out, "ARE YOU INTENDING TO DIE HERE! GET THEM THERE SAILS CUT DOWN AND TURNED INTO SOME BIRD-LIKE... THINGS! there was an odd pause, where everyone, pirate and marine alike, merely stared at Jack, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! THOSE TOYS! MAKE BIG ONES! he held his hands wide appart and then flapped with them like a madman, "GO ON!" And then, underneath them, a great cry was heard, a massive roar that split the air all the while the ship kept falling. Jack's face grew white, "no..." he whispered, "no, no, no, no, no, no" he ran over to the railing, looking bleaker than a drowned man, "AHA! YES! HAHA! IT IS ONLY A DRAGON!" he threw his arms high in triumph, as yet again, the entire crew just stared at him... no, not again, they hadn't stopped since last time.

It was then it dawned on Jack, that he was right, that it was, indeed, "A DRAGON!?", his shout was that of panic, but there was something else, hiding there. King Ghidora reared one of its ugly heads toward the ship and flew past it, missing by only meters, the wind coming from the lumbering creature shook the falling ship. "Aren't you a big one," Jack smiled, "this is gonna be fun."

"ALLRIGHT YOU LAUNDRYWASHING SCALLYWAGS! THE LOT OF YOU TO THE CANNON DECK OR GRAB GUNS! We're gonna slay ourselves a dragon." Jack's face shone, his devilish grin radiant with something undescribable, he had not smiled like this since he traveled with... them.

Men streamed below deck, hurrying to guns, it was as if the all had seen his smile, this mad man's ambition, and hell, what better way to die than to slay a dragon? The gunpowder was still dry, the cannons still secured, and the men were all fired up. A regiment of Marine musketeers were stood atop the main deck, loaded, ready, pirates too made ready for the dragon's second run.

And as the beast swooped in, Jack's mad smile was there to greet it, the wind tearing at the sails and frocks of the falling ship and the men aboard it, his hat was still firmly in place.

"Hello beasty. FIRE!"

And from the ship, a new cloud was formed, the thunder of a full broadside crashed within the sky, muskets, pistols, everything that could be shot, fired, tossed or nudged at the great king was, and yet still, only very miniscule harm befell it. Jack himself pulled his sword, ready to rush across the ship and leap off the railing if he would need it, the ship was bound to go down anyhow, "I'm sorry Elizabeth, but we were never meant to be, and Will, well... you take care of yourself on that fine ship of yours, and keep it away from me, I aint at sea now." said Jack, seemingly to nobody, as he started running, his lungs filling up with a scream of epic proportions, as he was followed by everyone else on the deck, their bayonettes, hatchets, swords, spears, pikes, all of it raised. They all roared out in defiance of gravity, of the dragon, the beast ahead of them, and they all jumped, Jack at their fore.

Ghidorah's mouths glowed red with power, and to Jack, and the other pirates, it was as if a new sun was born in front of them, but yet again, the purple lightning apeared, but this time, it only struck once, and before he knew it... Jack, was somewhere else, his hat giving up a trail of smoke, and his sword blackened, he wasn't quite sure where he was, but it was not where the dragon had just been.
    I'll top the bill, I'll earn the kill, I have to find the will to carry on, with the show, with the show.

(thanks Prime for awesum avatar, and thank you to all of the original BleachItP cast, it was great RP'ing with you)

7. - Top - End - #127

Darksied

"Czarnian, your services are no longer required. I took care of the matter myself." Darksied informs Lobo ignoring Kaliak for now.

Dresden

"But I'm on my own aren't I?" If things were half as bad as Morgan indicated the Wardens would already be spread far too thinly for any to be spared.

Morbius

"You hunt the Cullens once more?" Morbius asks still standing ready to draw his weapon, it never hurts to have a Holy weapon when dealing with Alucard.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Gulping
    Guest in the Playground

Kashima and Arisato

"That right there? I have no idea what the hell that is."

For a fairly long time now, the two supernatural teenagers have been giving Father the dime tour of the Amala Network, with Kashima pointing out whatever sights there are (which are few and far between), wherever one can find some kind of amenities (even rarer) and what you should not touch ever ("That's a teleporter. It'll take you somewhere else, at which point you will probably be killed by whatever's on the other side, because these things tend to be one-way only and change destinations whenever something's dumb enough to step in." "This floor has an intensely powerful entropic attribute. Standing on it will make you decay rapidly and eventually kill you. Either find a way around, or get ready to sprint." "That's like, some kind of semi-intelligent blob composed of the unsaid regrets of the damned or something. If it touches you, it will try to obliterate your mind by ramming the memories that compose it into your head, turning you a drooling vegetable so that it can consume your flesh over a period of several years. Just set it on fire, that works best." "This weird organic mesh thing here? Don't look into it. Just trust me. Lucifer is the friendliest thing you can expect to see on the other side.") when they had happened upon some sort of distortion that Naoki had never before encountered.

"Whatever it is, it's bad. ANYTHING capable of creating even a small distortion in the Network is, at the very least, a minor god. Something as big as THIS?! This is something to run away from. Very, very fast." After stating this, Naoki starts walking closer to the large, wobbly protrusion in the undefinable material that composes the Network. Predictably, this causes Minato to slam tackle him.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!? You JUST SAID that we should run away from it!" "Yeah, but that's boring, and it might be related to The Fourth Day." "That is a terrible reason for bothering the thing. Let's just leave it alone, like you just told us to." "YOU should leave it alone. I'm the expert here, and besides that, I'm the sysadmin for the entire system! Kind of! A little bit! Getting a good look at that thing is my job!" "*groan* Fine. You do that, but I'll take our guest off behind something in case it explodes." Minato gets back up and walks over to the Father as Naoki creeps closer to the distortion. "Excuse me, sir, but we should probably find some form of shelter. I doubt that whatever Kashima plans on doing will end well."

"Seriously, why did I have to wake up the wuss? Ehh, whatever. Pixie!" A snap of his fingers, and a tiny redheaded woman in a blue singlet pops into place in front of Naoki. "*yawn* Oh, hi boss! Been kind of a long time since you last called! I was getting lonely..." He chuckles, petting the fairy-like demon on the head with his finger. "Yeah. Sorry. I don't really have much reason to, these days. I can just handle most stuff on my own." Naoki's wistful expression looks somehow out of place on him. This Pixie was the first ally he had made in the Vortex World, and had been with him from when he left the hospital room where Lucifer had made him into the ultimate soldier, through the depths of Amala, all the way up to the big fight against the one who called himself God.

Naoki had obtained the allegiance of many demons during his life. Pixie was one of the few he actually considered to be a genuine friend. "I need you to do something for me. You see this distortion, here?" "Kind of hard to miss, boss. You had your eyes checked recently?" "Ha ha. I need you to investigate it. Get as close as you can, then come back and tell me what you've found out." "Geez, is that all? And here I was hoping that you'd finally deci-" "NOT up for discussion. Please. Just, check it out." "Hee hee. You're just so cute when you blush. Ok, here I go! Back in a second!" With that, Pixie flew off, approaching the strange, bulbous protuberance.

"Now let's just see what we have here..." As the minute demon drew closer to the distortion, noticing that it appeared to be pulsing to some kind of rhythm, and it was emitting some sort of noise.

She got even closer, until she could reach out and touch it; and she put her ear up to what was now obviously some kind of force pushing on the structure of Amala...

And LISTENED.

Ironheade

AND IT DON'T STOP

IT CAN'T STOP

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-

Ryoma

"And now you realize just how far you've fallen. I'm not going to ask you to be ashamed of what you've become, Rokubungi. I doubt you were ever really capable of that even before you gave up your humanity." Ryoma throws one of the axes at the Nobody and replaces it with an M45 shotgun that glows with a decidedly non-standard emerald radiance. Although the design was never meant to cope with the stresses of Getter infusion, it would be able to fire at least once before it disintegrated. Exactly where the small axe-blade hanging off the front of the slide like a bayonet came from will forever remain a mystery.

Ryoma intensifies his offense once more, pushing Gendo to the limits of his fighting ability, waiting for the Nobody to make a crucial misstep, catch a blow the wrong way, or some other blunder that would allow Ryoma to slam the shotgun up against the hollow man's chest and pull the trigger.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

Vin

"I merely intended to complain. But if you are freely willing to give me help, under these circumstances...then I can do nothing but accept your generosity."

The formal speech done, Vin quietly steps forward to the tree, well out of the reach of the clenching hand.

Time to toss the dice, she thought idly.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Team Nightside

Tommy Oblivion had long, limp black hair, a long horsey face with a toothy smile, and long-fingered hands he liked to flap around while he was talking. Tommy liked to talk. He was dressed in his usual starkly coloured New Romantic silks, the clothes clinging to his tall effete figure. With one notable exception. Since I had rescued him shortly before Walker died, he now wore a gray trenchcoat identical to mine in every way except the colour. I glared at him, on general principles. He waved back.

Grinning broadly, he shook Sanya's hand, beaming all the while.

"Sanya! I'm almost sure it's a pleasure to see you again! How are things!"

Sanya had never met the man before. But that was Tommy for you. One of the perils of being existential; he had once solved a man's murder. The man was not amused at being told who killed him.

Shaking my head, I open my gift, and search for a starting location in our hunt for the Dark Tower.

The Midnighter

Slowly, he releases Luthor. He doesn't say a word; his smile is enough. The man knows vaguely what his fate will be if he tries to double cross them. And Luthor intends to keep that knowledge vague.

Green Lantern Corps

A spark emits from Bruce's ring, traveling to each of the other Lantern's. A message. As one, their bindings vanish. They haven't relaxed, though.

"Of course. Then you will come quietly?"

Jack T. Chance

"Nice speech."

In another time and place, such a speech would cripple Chance. In another time and place, he'd be truly alone, mistrusted by the whole of the Corps, and only comrades with a few, who shared his distrust of Hal Jordan. He was an anomaly among the Corps, bound to only a single planet, mistrusted and unwilling to wear the uniform, infamous for his multitude of disciplinary actions.

But that was another Jack T. Chance. This one was slightly different. Because he wasn't alone. Because he knew that the ring had chosen him for a reason. Because Bruce Wayne, the Guardian's greatest, had specifically requested him. Because he knew exactly how the other thought. And because they both knew that sometimes, the Guardians were wrong.

"Still don't care."

Chance raises his ring, and hits Hannibal with another willpower-fueled blast. He isn't a subtle man; he's brutal and direct. He's literally too dense and macho to fall prey to Hannibal's lecture.

Suzie Shooter

She grins, pockets the boxes, and drags Ash out of the Gun Shop. Shopping time is over. Now for the fun part. Well, the next step towards the fun part anyway.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-09-13 at 09:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

Sanya

Sanya is slightly confused, but decides to be "Obliviously" obsequies in response.

"Good! Da, Very good! It's been a time. Have you recovered from the ferret yet?"

12. - Top - End - #132
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Azazel
    He gapes like a fish. He stares at his son, shakes his head, eyes goggling, then stares at you. Back and forth a few times. Then he shakes his head. "No. No! You are not taking my son." He points a shaking finger at you. "And I don't believe you." He's not quite so convincing there. Who knows what his father is capable of.
    Azazel

"I frankly don't care." The greater demon sighs, leering over the human. "Just informing you why your lovely wife is about to die, that's all. Thought it might bring you some peace of mind." His eyes glint with joy. "Where you're going, you'll need every ounce of that you can spare."

Now that Sam is standing in front of the kitchen door, and not on his little circular rug, Azazel attempts to shove himself down the man's throat. And take possession.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

'Captain' Jack Sparrow

Darksied
    "That a fact?" He says, wrapping the chain around his bicep. "Well I'll be on my way then." It occurs to you, as he does so, that the Bounty Hunter could be useful. Much as he is an imbecile, he does have an almost supernatural ability to find anything.

Dresden
    "We have a few in reserve. I can bring them over. But I'll be coming with them. Because wherever you are is where the hammer will fall hardest. It always is. And I'll be watching you." He hangs up.

Morbius
    He doesn't reply, simply standing there for the moment.

Vin
    "I have considered. This thing you hound, that you emphera fear, so far, might be a threat even to me. I see no significant strength in you, or those that resist it. Therefore..."
    A seed drops from it's branches, landing beside you with a little popping sound.
    The trees shuddered, though this time the air was still. A great shadow crept along the plain, and the stars winked out. Something important was happening. No outsider could completely comprehend it.

Jack T Chance
    Hannibal sighs. Very well then, so be it. He wasn't done either.
    "Why do you think he keeps you around?" He says, moving aside from the blast with liquid grace. He hasn't even summoned his weapon yet.
    Hannibal is a master of reading emotion, people and body language. He can predict how they will fight, which blows they will throw. It makes him a very effective combatant.
    He can't read minds. But he can read people. Clearly this outsider has at least one individual who took him into his confidence. Well that was a target like any other.
    Hannibal was fairly sure he could kill this man. But first he would defeat him. Otherwise it was all so meaningless.
    "Do you think he enjoys the company of a brutish maniac? Do you think your insights appeal to him? Perhaps he sees some of himself in you?"
    "Or perhaps you are just convenient, a way for him to avoid dirtying his own hands. How much do you really mean to him?"

Green Lantern Corps
    "Of course not." Rapping his spearbut on the floor, sending a shockwave of powerthat throws you all from your feat. And just like that, the building changes.
    To all intents and purposes they sat there, still as statues, his staff having no further effect. In another but equally real way, they were in another place.
    It was a great hall, built of uncut timber carved with animal faces and odd runes, where an open fire made the air smokey and massive bearded warriors caroused on great tables, quaffing ale and tearing at meat with greasy hands. They wore chainmail, let their beards grow thick and braided them, wore animal skins and banged axe shafts on the table.
    Busty serving girls offered more drink and allowed themselves to be pawed, and wolves roamed the tables eating scraps. Above the smoke, an improbable flock of eagles wheeled, screeching and occasionally diving down.
    Odin (and it was clearly Odin, dressed in a leather coat over chainmail with a wide floppy hat and an eyepatch) was sitting at an empty table on a chair of simple wood.
    "You have no authority, nor power over me. This is my realm, and I could tear you apart with naught but my dread hands."

John Taylor
    And just like that, you find the Gentleman adventurer. A trail that leads out of Nightside, to another world.
    The crudeness of the trap was insulting, but effective.

Midnighter
    "From what I can tell, this is one of the hubs that run this castle. Most is run by magic, but gazing into a crystall ball can't do everything, can it? It's primary purpose seems to be setting the Heartless, and designing artificial forms. It's not a very efficient system, really."
    He waves his hand vaguely and a sleek laptop appeared, so advanced it only had a single button.

Ryoma
    He slips, his hand dropping at a crucial juncture, and with a slam of your axe you knock his weapon out of the way, then fire, the blast of energy smashing into him. He is knocked off his feet and flying into a wall, and you think it's over. But you hadn't counted on the changes to his physiology the transformation had caused. The Getter energy dissipated harmlessly unable to effect him, and the bullets alone do squat. He is not so easily killed.
    He lunges grabs his sword again and lunges, the blade driving squarely for your lung in a killing thrust.
    "Perhaps." He says, still disconcertedly blank. "Perhaps I have changed. And yet I just can't seem to care."

Kashima and Arisato
    Father has changed to a new shape, the shape of a short, well-muscled boy with spun gold hair. He frowns, surprised, then stares at the anomaly.
    Then he smiles. The smile is too big for his face, and in a strange way it's even more unsettling then Mara.
    "Perhaps it would be best if you left now. There is much I have to inspect." He says to you dismissively. He's turned out to be evil right on schedule.

Ironheade
    The disturbance was caused not by the Rock, awesome though it was, but by the man in the front row of the mosh pit.
    Nathan Xplosion.
    Arms spread wide, he lets out a keening wail, as he prepares to fulfill his promised coming, his long awaited destiny, and bring about the collapse of man and the dawn of the age of metal. And as the Rock Gods bay for more, it feeds the tumulecent power about to be unleashed.

Azazel
    Sam fights back. His body passes out. His limbs flail, and his will, long left unused, is brought to bear against you. He gives it everything he has.
    At last, it's over. Your possession is far from perfect, you can feel him fighting at every point. Some things you simply can't force it to do. Fortunately, they are few and far between.
    The child is looking up at you. He's not a year, and you'd swear he understands every word...
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-13 at 10:32 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

Vin

She carefully, gingerly, squats down to examine the seed. "What is the purpose of this seed?" she asks.

Solomon Kane

"What did you learn from your call, Dresden?" Solomon asks.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Vin
    As you kneel, the hand strikes at you again, grasping horribly.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

Vin

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...

Vin see the atium shadow of the hand reaching out to injure hers, and additionally sees the precise dagger stroke intersection that will sever all of it's tendons. Limp, the yellowed hand drop to the ground, twitching uselessly.

"Apologizes, Great Tree, if I injured a rebellious part of your body." Vin says hastily, then bends over to examine the seed.
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-09-13 at 10:46 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elric
    "Situations are not prone to improvement. Not when worlds are collapsing. What is coming to threaten us?"

Quenthel
    "Understood." The priestess grinds her teeth. Her sister and her world destroyed, and still she's scraping to another authority below Lolth. She turns to Malus, almost commanding, "We have a new target; Harry Dresden. Are you familiar with the name?"

Kreia
    The Force Witch stays put, snidely replying, "And I could do it with less."
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

18. - Top - End - #138

Darksied

"Actually." Darksied stops the Bounty Hunter.

"I may have a job for you. You recall the Earth child you brought to be before?"

Dresden

Well nothing to do but wait for Morgan and the reinforcments to arrive. I stopped by the local resturant to get some pizza. Don't look at me like that it's not for me.

I took the pizza off the main road and into the nearby woods away from prying eyes and set it down on the ground. I focuses some of my will and said a name I learned quite a while back, careful to pronounce each syllabal just as it would come from the little guy's mouth. "Toot-Toot."

I called the little pixie who had adopted me as the patron of Americanized Italian cuisine. The so called Pizza Lord, mostly because I provide him and some fairy friends with a weekly bribe of pizza in exchange they help me out when I need some help and clean my apartment.

Morbius

"If you have nothing to say then we'll be on our way." Morbius says attempting to walk around the Elder Vampire.

Oracle

Oracle waits impatiently for Misa to give the comm to Kira proper or for Bob to come back.

Asuka

With the Heartless gone Asuka focuses on their master. "I've wanted to do this for a long time."

She swings the Keyblade towards Gendo's face.

Mickey

((Props to Indy for the idea))

"Lanterns back me up I'll need a lot of power for this." Mickey says focusing with his ring.

One thing Mickey noticed about the worlds closest to his Kingdom, most of them are based around the Folklore of ancient Earth Humans. Agrabah based on the so called Arabain Nights, Wonderland based on the novels of someone named Carrol, etc and so forth. To give himself an advantage in his travels across those worlds Mickey took to researching Earth mythology in his down time. He knew well the tales of Odin and he knew what might make the man back down.

From Mickey's ring come a wolf so huge it fills the entire throne room, it's very breathe tinging the air with a dreadful chill of a cold winter's night. Odin knows this beast well, it was spawned by his brother Loki and was fortoled to be the very end of Odin itself. Mickey has constructed Fenrir.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Vin
    A mistake, as it turns out. There is a nauseating smell as the dead skin parts, but the hand is faster then you, and almost impossible to stop. It grabs your wrist this time, and begins to crush. This time the tree is faster, and you get away with serious bruising.
    Whatever is buried under there is not so easy to keep. The tree is all that's keeping it down there, trapped.
    The tree is...
    You look at the seed, and suddenly you realize what you have to do.

Quenthel
    Malus shakes his head. "I can't say I am. Did he mention how we are supposed to kill him, or did it slip his mind?"

Kreia
    The blast does not catch you, and you are left alone in the room as the lanterns collapse and the self proclaimed god vanishes.

Mickey
    You don't merely summon a giant wolf. using the light, you create the actual thing. The wolf is not merely huge, it is above such pitiful definitions. Plannetsize, it stretched forever, growling with a sound that is physical and seems to have a life of it's own.
    Your charges drop at a terrifying rate, keeping the thing existing is almost more then you can bear. It awaits your orders.

Dresden
    Toot is almost half a foot high now. He's mesmerized by the pizza, his eyes following it, his every muscle ready to spring into action, like a playful puppy anticipating a thrown stick.
    The other, smaller sprites huddle near him, as close to the edge of the circle as physically possible, similar expressions on their face.

Darkseid
    Lobo smiles. "Yeah. Pretty boy. Smelled of glitter and grease. Can't get the smell off my clothes." You doubt that. His clothes have an almost overpowering scent of stale alcohol, blood, sweat, fire and tears.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-13 at 11:09 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Gulping
    Guest in the Playground

Ryoma

The wraithblade slams home, digging deeply into Ryoma's chest, the point of the blade spearing out of his back in a spray of gore. The Getter pilot goes limp, his weapons clattering to the ground. As he hacks up a gout of blood, he smiles, then begins to laugh, ever so softly.

"So you're really not human then, are you?"

The laughter intensifies, growing into a hysterical roar, clearly displaying the sharp, bestial teeth that signify the enormous level of Getter Energy within Ryoma's body. He abruptly stops, and looks directly into Gendo's eyes.

"That's OK."

"Neither am I."

With that, Ryoma brings his hands around, aiming to smash the Nobody's head between them like a car in a crusher. It's something of a trademark move of his, actually. His name for it?

"F**K YOU!"
    Last edited by Gulping; 2010-09-13 at 11:06 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryoma, Asuka
    As he begins crushing him, Asuka slits his throat. He collapses into nothing, and the heartless and Nobodies behind vanish.
    Problem solved neatly.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Green Lantern Corps

They back Mickey up, rings blazing with emerald light. They form the Wolf's eyes, blazing with anticipation, craft its powerful legs, ready and eager to pounce. A foam-flecked maw filled with razor sharp teeth. A fearsome animal intelligence and cunning. Mickey provides the heart of the creature. And before Odin appears Fenrir, ready destroy the God.

"Even a God is bound by rules, Wednesday." Rayner spoke up. Bruce seemed to be oddly quiet and thoughtful for the past several minutes. "Here's yours. Fenrir: Attack!"

The rings of a Green Lantern are not permitted to kill. However, they aren't going to kill him. The Blue Lantern controls the heart of the beast, and therefore the beast itself. A perfect loophole. Three guesses who thought of it.

Jack T. Chance

"Because we both know that we have each others' back. Speaking of which..."

His ring flares, as Chance bends the light around him, turning himself invisible. Bruce has been listening in on their conversation once Chance heard him talk more than fight. As Wayne whispers in his ear, Chance begins to give "his" own insights.

"...was it your sister or brother that was murdered? Man like me, I know how deep a man can go. You were young, no older than ten when it happened. A little fixation, a little revenge? Felt good, didn't it? And you never wanted to stop. Ever."

Chance is good at being sneaky. Hannibal can't sense him.

"You know how I know this, mate?"

The Midnighter

"Christine. You understanding any of this?"

Team Nightside

"Well, you know. Possibly. Who can tell?" Tommy begins one of his mindless, brain-numbing lectures about how he solved this one man's murder before I interrupt him. Partially because I found our starting point. Mostly so that he won't tell the story again and I'll have to strangle him for it.

"Eddie; cut us a way through."

The Punk God of the Straight Razor, who sat in the background and sharpened his instrument the whole while, smiled. His was a constant threat, subtle yet obvious. Maybe I should have him come along every time. In any case, with a single stroke, he cuts us a portal.

"This is where we part ways, John," he whispers. "Dead Boy and I have our own little quest. The Street of Gods is getting uppity again, and Dead Boy owes me a favor. So do you. I'll come to collect it one day."

And then the two vanish. Unnecessarily. Can't people just use the door occasionally?
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-09-13 at 11:13 PM.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

23. - Top - End - #143
    Gulping
    Guest in the Playground

Ryoma

"And that's that." Ryoma claps the dust off his hands, and turns to Asuka. The Getter's effect on his body remains evident, and combined with the blood and the sword sticking out of his chest, lends Ryoma an even more terrifying appearance than normal.

Then he smiles. It's not his usual predatory grin, but a genuine smile. It's warm, kind, and honestly a bit weird looking, as if he hasn't used it in years. He kneels down, bringing his eyes level with the EVA pilot turned keyblader, and puts his hand on her shoulder.

"Thanks, Asuka. You did really well today."

Even with countless lifetimes worth of them to draw on with absolutely perfect recall, there are always memories that stand out as clearer and brighter than the rest.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

Sanya

"Right. Off we go!" Sanya says, then stops and hesistates. "Are we bringing Door with us? It could be dangerous, and we might run into the hooded man and his cronies again."

25. - Top - End - #145

Mickey

Mickey simply points to the one eyed God. "Sic'em boy."

Off to the far side of the throne room Zexion erects an illusion of himself shaking in fear and steps into a Dark Corridor. "Them's the breaks."

Dresden

"How's it going Toot?" I asked bending down to be closer to eye level with the fairies, is Toot growing a few years ago looking him in the eye would have required holding him in my hand.

"I need some information."

Asuka

Asuka seeming quite content with herself heads back towards the mecha swinging her Keyblade wildly around her in glee.

Darksied

"I have reason to believe there is a higher force commanding him. A woman, She appears to be human but she is something much more. She weilds great power within her pen." Darksied explains.

"I want you to find her and bring her to me."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

John Taylor

"Good point."

I had forgotten about Door. I'm not used to children. Not at all.

"Door, would you like me to take you somewhere safe first? I can take you to my house, to the Fortress, to...wait. How would you like to visit the Arcadian Project?"

The Arcadian Project. The most exclusive club in the Nightside. I wasn't a member. They let me in anyway. In it, one's fantasies and dreams become reality, just for a time. A peaceful pastoral scene place, with blue skies and grassy fields that go on forever. When I visited, I saw my mother, and my father, picnicking together. A family that I could never have, save in that . I wished it was real. I knew it wasn't. But for a child, I could imagine few more suitable places.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quenthel
    "It slipped by him. You know how the Crimson King works. Enigmas wrapped inside mysteries. We will have to be off soon. I will consult the Spider, and see what aid she is willing to provide."

Kreia
    "How very... aggravating." Alone again, Kreia concentrates; she punches a hole through hyperspace, and puts it in the hands of Fate to wherever she lands. It is a trying technique, only recently developed by a younger generation of Jedi. Teleportation; hurtling a whole fleet of Star Destroyers through space. It took her time to learn it, and the concentration required means that she cannot possibly control her landing. But anywhere is better than here, this domain of dead gods and abominations.

Elric
    Elric places a weary eye on Alucard. A walking embodiment of necromancy; the swords have no use for him. A familiar screech comes from above; Cyril has found its way out of the dimensional pocket Elric stored it in. The wyrmling hisses at the Emperor, annoyed at being confined so. Gently, Elric chucks its chin and lets the dragonet bite his finger. The White Wolf whispers a message; "Scout this town, and bring back a sign of a safe haven." With that, the little dragon is off again, not even giving its master the dignity of a second glance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Midnighter
    "Yes and no." She replies. "What he seems to mean is that the Heartless are naturally a genetic lucky dip and randomizer. Each one is unique and different, constantly in flux and changing, based on a whole lot of factors, including on what it was before it was transformed." She blinks. "But this is all to control it. Make sure it transforms only into a certain number of shapes. But I... don't know enough about them to say more."

Green lanterns
    "Very well." Wednesday replies, spreading his arms. "Kill me. Such is fate. But die with me, for you are all trapped in my mind." He's not buffing. There is a good reason he brought you here, afterall.

Jack T. Chance
    "Then where is he, if he has your back?" He replies, his eyes barely more then pinpoints of red. "And a dead little sister is so trite. Yes. She was eaten. But quite the contrary, I found myself exhilarated, obsessed by the power they had in that moment. And so I took away their illusions, knocked down the walls they had constructed, and found who they were in the dark."
    "But I am already well established, and clear. You are a blank slate. Who are you in the dark? Lets discuss this partner you hold in such esteem. You depend on him, not because he's a kindred soul, but because he's all you have. The only man in the universe who cares about you." He walks and places his back to a wall, to make it hard to be snuck up on.
    "But he can never return your affection, not as you want him to, and that tortures you as well. Because he can never offer you enough, and you know you're just a dead weight holding him down, never the partner he needs or deserves. You know you owe it to him to stop holding him back, but you can't because your selfish. And you are afraid of being alone again."

Dresden
    "Yes! Yes. First Pizza!" The little sprite demands, not taking his eyes of the temptation in your hands. Toot had attacked the Summer Lady for Pizza once.

Elric
    Cryril returns, and chirps gently in your ear in the language all dragons are born knowing.
    There is a hotel down the street. It also sells alcohol and meat. There are women and men. Nothing else. There is no magic.

Quenthal
    The Queen of spiders and darkness is easy to get into contact with for the faithful. But she is capricious, and you risk everything by talking to her.
    She seems quiet, low and seductive. That's usually a good sign, but her moods change rapidly.
    "What do you ask, beloved?" She says the last word like a pet name, of the sort young drow give their pet spiders. You are fairly sure she does not truly care for you beyond your ability to serve you.

Darkseid
    Lobo nods his head. "Right. What's the market price? And if you don't beat it I'll just auction her off. Got that?"

Kriea
    You step into Darkseids throneroom. He had claimed he was a god, moments ago. But he also is claimed to be the one able to break the forces hold on life. His planet seems a good indication of his ability to do just that. It is a planet ruled by an iron-fisted despot, where all will an life has been ground down to almost nothing, until they are little more then ants serving a hive.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-13 at 11:47 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

The Midnighter

"Great. Try to give them all cancer or something. I'm not good with this genetics stuff. Except on a personal basis."

Green Lantern Corps

"Then we will have died doing our duty to the last."

What more needs to be said?

Jack T. Chance

"I'm hardly dead weight, pal. I'm the only Lantern to actually get things to work on Hellhole. I brought justice back into that world, kicking and screaming at everyone who dared say no. I'm hardly a blank slate; it's filled with black marks and disciplinary hearings. But you..."

Is that a soft green glow by that bench? Did that tree branch rustle without any wind?

"...you don't seem much like a person to me. More like a caricature of one, really. All this talk about other people, how we're weak and helpless and flawed. Not a word about yourself, barely a sentence or two. Scared to look in the mirror?"

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

30. - Top - End - #150
    Pixie in the Playground

Solomon Kane

The Puritan stares at the dragonling. "Where did you get a Wyrm?" he says finally. He leans down to pet Mouse the Foo Dog, who waits patiently.