New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Twi] Twilight the lynching: The Gathering Storm

The Kurgan
    A car drives into Forks, Washington, coming on like a hurricane. At the wheel was an immense figure, tall and built like a mountain. He looks like a punk, gothic nightmare, dressed in black leather, greased-back hair, with a high, arrogant face, good cheekbones, and a horrific scar across his neck.
    He seemed out of place in the modern surroundings. He seemed more a part of the ancient nightmares of humanity then anything that belonged here and now. His slightest movement spoke of steel-spring muscles knit to the keen intellect of a born swordsman. There was nothing deliberate or measured about his actions, either he was at rest, in which he was still as a statue, or he was in motion, with the slow deliberate movements of a lion stalking prey.

Merciless and arrogant, The Kurgan rides through time on the strength of those other immortals he has killed, beheading them and swallowing their power with the goal of being the last immortal left as the ultimate Prize to be won.

Regardless of the country or time, the Kurgan is relentless in his quest for the Prize. And so in light of his bloodlust, he has come here, to Forks, hunting one of his kind.

A chainmail glove turns on the radio, and he smiles to himself, as the sound blares out. Here we are. Born to be kings.

Roland Deschain
    The Gunslinger gets to his feet. He fits in the town far better then the other two, even with his massive revolvers. He stares around, his faded blue eyes shocked at the familiar.

"I know this place." He says softly. "I have been here before."

Optimus Prime
    The leader of the Autobots shakes himself, as he returns to normal. Godzilla is smashing the city.
    He has to do something about it.

Kamina
    "I have yet to discover all there is to know, but I am learning." He replies, the ring flashing again. The harsh words don't bother him, he's already made up his mind. If he has to he'll break off Gurren Laggan and attack all by himself.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Gulping
    Guest in the Playground

Dante

Dante perks up at Roland's words. "You have? Seriously? Do you know where the nearest bar is? If I don't get something NOW I'm going to slick my hair back and start acting like my brother. That's a bad thing!" It's hard to tell if Dante's apparent hysteria is real, or just an act he's putting on as some kind of weird joke.

It is equally hard to tell whether or not he's an incredibly good or unbelievably terrible actor.
    Last edited by Gulping; 2010-09-15 at 08:36 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Pixie in the Playground

Vin

"Thank you for the medical aid: it's hard to self-treat a wound like this."

Vin lets him do his work. "To the best of my knowledge, we're the only living things here." Vin says, "Although, the thing that broke my ankle, a decaying hand emerging from beneath the tree, is very much undead and malevolent. It can't move, so stay the heck away from it."

There's a moment of silence. "So where'd you learn to bind a wound like this?"

4. - Top - End - #244
    Pixie in the Playground

Roland Deschain
    "I do. Yes." He replies, still getting his bearings. Then he walks in what might be a carefully chosen path he dredged out from the depths of his memory, and might just be a random direction. At last you come to a bar, and he steps in, taking out some neatly rolled bills and putting them on the counter. They are all genuine, and all from different dimensions he's wandered on his never-ending quest. Some have Theodore Rossevalt on the twenty dollar, some have Andrew Jackson, others have Martin Luther King.
    "Two drinks, thank you." He says softly, confident that sooner or later something will emerge, to show him the way.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Vin
    He pulls the last knot tight. "I used to be a woods guide." He replies, standing up. "You may lean on me if you need to."

Roland Deschain
    The man looks at the money. "This some sort of joke?" He asks, staring at what he takes to be obvious forgeries.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-15 at 08:27 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

Akuma
    The concert was good, something made him stay. Then something blasted him across universes to somewhere, as the concert tore a hole in reality.

Godzilla
    The great levithan attempts to dodge and close the distance between him and slot machine monster.

King Ghidorah
    Ghidorah begins to sadistically step on Magog continuously, till he is crushed firmly into the ground.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Akuma
    You appear in front of Sylar.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Pixie in the Playground

Vin

Vin burns Pewter. "I'm tougher than I look. But thank you for the help."

Following Richard, she asks. "A Woods Guide. Is that like a gardener?"

{Vin hasn't seen a proper forest, what with growing up in a ash-choked, mist-filled despotic land}
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-09-15 at 08:33 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Akuma
    Just who he wanted to punch in the face, he still has two hits after all. Hopefully the surprise appearence and speed of Akuma will knock some teeth out.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sylar
    Sylar looks at Akuma, who appeared before him while Sylar was opening a Door to Quantum's location, or trying to anyway, "Yes? Do you want something?"

After the punch lands, Sylar spits out several teeth. Akuma can see them staring to regrow in Sylar's mouth, "What was that for, exactly?"
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-09-15 at 08:37 PM.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dresden, Morbius

"This is your idea of backup?" Morbius whispered to me.

"The Merlin has been murdered and Day Watch is setting up to go to war with us. If things were better I'd have the authority to pick my own back up but not with this mess. Morgan may be a hard ass but he's trust worthy."

"So are you but you still shot me when we first met." Morbius adds.

"You're going to hold that over me forever aren't you?" I asked continuing on our way towards the Cullen's house.

Zexion

"I get to keep the evil council of Doom though, right?" Zexion asks.

"They were pretty hard to round up. The multiverse is a big place you know."

Oracle

((Thats Eddie and Scott who just appeared right?))

Darksied

"Probably a group of would-be "Superheroes" trying to make a name for themselves. Destroy them." Darksied shrugs as the outer orbital weapons begin to fire upon the G3.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Vin
    "No, it's someone who knows an environment, the dangers and safeties, and leads them through it." He replies.
    "You never did tell me your name."

Oracle
    Yes

Dresden, Solomon Kane, Elric, Morbius
    Morgan doesn't react to your words. He's too busy suffering your company.

Apokolips
    The orbital weapons of one of the most advanced and powerful nations in the universe who have dedicated their entire existence to war all open fire on the incoming mech at once.

Zexion
    "Of course." He fades back into the darkness.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-09-15 at 08:40 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Gulping
    Guest in the Playground

Ryoma

"Then I'll give you the opportunity to learn in the same fashion I did.

CHANGE GETTER TWO! SWITCH ON!" At Ryoma's shout, the G-3 changes into Spiral Getter once more. Kamina is now in control of the machine, which now pulses with the power of the Blue Lantern.

The power of the Blue Lantern of Hope is, on its own, almost useless. When combined with the power of a Green Lantern, however, it is almost invincible.

The power of either Lantern is but a fragment of the long-lost White Lantern of Life, which exists in direct opposition to the power of the Black Lanterns and, indeed, all other darkness in the universe, including the Crimson King, Ungoliat, and Randall Flagg.

But even the White Lantern is nothing more than a mindless, pale imitation of Getter. If the Lantern represents Life, then Getter represents LIFE. The unstoppable perseverance and determination, the boundless potential and growth, the unknowable majesty and terror, and the infinite ability to EVOLVE.

If a Green Lantern Ring is a focusing lens, The Spiral Getter is a particle accelerator the size of a solar system.

"It's all yours. Kamina."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lucy/Nana
    She attempts to enter the Asylum by walking through the front door.
    Greatest Song of the Week: Hidan's Theme
    Picture of the Week: Come to Life

Twilight, the Lynching

15. - Top - End - #255
    Pixie in the Playground

Vin

"From the looks of things, you were pretty good at that job." she muses.

Then Richard asks about her name

"Oh? Sorry about that. The name's Vin." she says offhandedly.

{So, Vin hasn't yet turned off her Atium: she'll have full precog if Richard decides to fight}

16. - Top - End - #256
    Pixie in the Playground

Kamina
    "ALL RIGHT!" He says, ring flaring with blue light. "Missiles? They think they can destroy us with missiles? Who the hell do they think we are?" He sits at his chair, far to in the zone to have the slightest fraction of doubt. "Coop? Control shields, try and shoot their incoming attacks out of the sky. Asuka? Evasive maneuvers! don't let them lay a finger on us! Yoda? Try and predict where the attacks will fall! Ryoma?"
    He smiles, a smile that Ryoma is on the receiving end of for a change, blue light and spiral energy making him far from human. "You're with me. Lets talk."

Roland Deschain
    Meeting Rolands cold stare, the barman decides not to push it and takes the money, giving them both a drink.
    "Cheers" He says, and downs it.

Yoda
    The Jedi master does as Kamina instructs, using the living force to read the killing intent of those targeting with the weapons systems, to allow them to dodge as much as possible.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

Akuma
    "You seemed to be a warrior, I wished to see if you are like the other warriors I encountered, and indeed you are, more than human. I have been transported from elsewhere again, and from death, all those I meet are foes or temporary allies, which are you?"

18. - Top - End - #258
    Pixie in the Playground

Magog
    The golden warrior, lets out a pained grunt with every blow, before at last he collapses in the rubble, unmoving.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sylar
    "It depends; are you more than human?"

Slot Monster
    It attempts to put it's hands up to protect itself from Godzilla.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

20. - Top - End - #260

Lucy

The doors have been smashed open by one of the previos attackers, nothing stands in your way into the main hall.

Zexion

With that Zexion scans the remaining territory he controls for any remaining intruders.

Scott and Eddie

A short woman in a pointed cowl stands in the doorway of the system hub glaring at the two of you. On her chest sits the yellow and black bat emblem.

"You two? Get here how?"

21. - Top - End - #261
    Pixie in the Playground

Sanya

{I'm waiting for Industrious to start the battle, so to speak}

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nana
    She's walking along cooing at the destruction and other sights. She makes her way along when she sees the elevator to Oracle's office. She enters it and heads up to see Mrs. Gordan.

Twilight, the Lynching

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elric
    "My dragonet has informed me of a nearby holding. We should be safe there. At least there will be no magic." Elric has the wyrmling lead the party to the hotel.

Quenthel
    "Thank you, Mistress. But where is the portal that will take us to this place?"

Kreia
    "I need it singularized. The very essence of the equation in one entity, if only for a little while."
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

24. - Top - End - #264

G3

Asuka executes evaise manuvers and avoids the incoming missiles. Unfortunately the satalites change their weapons systems and form a grid of energy beams around the mecha limiting it to a few hundred miles of vaccum.

Oracle

Barbra looks up the young girl. "Thats strange. I was sure we evacuated all of the civilians. What are you still doing here honey?"

25. - Top - End - #265
    Pixie in the Playground

Antagonists I've decided to play
    A tall, skeletally thin, snake-like man with nearly translucent skin and no lips surveys the town of Forks. His dark scarlet eyes were set in slits like a cat's; his nose was flat as a snake's; his fingers are unnaturally long, like a spider's legs. He is wearing a black hooded cloak, as well as elegant black robes.
    Lord Voldemort began to descend, eyes narrowed, as he searches for the wizard known as Harry Dresden.

The Kurgan parks the car, removing an incredibly detailed replica broadsword, that he quickly assembles, swinging with far more speed, skill, and co-ordination then you'd associate the mammoth of a man having. Resting it on his shoulder, he turns and begins to walk into town, smiling a slasher smile, with he swagger of a born killer.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nana
    She looks up at Oracle. She could live... for now. There was something more important. Destroying the remainder of the humans.
    "Nyu?" she says. You get a feeling that she can't speak.

Coop
    He activates the main shields and starts using the light gun blaster to destroy anything coming towards them that can be destroyed and relying on Asuka to dodge the rest.

Twilight, the Lynching

27. - Top - End - #267
    Pixie in the Playground

Solomon Kane

Solomon stiffens. Intuition gained over a century or so of life, plus some vibes from the Staff of Solomon, warn him that some serious **** is going to go down.

"Harry, Morgan, Elric, and Morbius..." Mouse barks at Harry's side.. "And Mouse, sorry: there are...evil presences closing in upon this town. They aren't the Cullens, or anyone else I know. We must keep our eyes open."

28. - Top - End - #268
    Pixie in the Playground

The Kurgan
    He swaggers down the road, the cars not daring to get in his way. The sword might have something to do with it, though another likely explanation is they recognize the law enforcement, limited to Charlie Swann, was not going to achieve much against this eight foot tall leather wearing psychopath. Laughing, a horrible, laugh, he brings down his sword on the fender of a car that honks at him, cleaving the motor in half in a truly shocking display of strength.
    Nobody else told him to get out of the way. Coming to the edge of town, he planted his sword squarely on the ground, tip touching the concrete, and laughs. "Here I am, Solomon! Nice to see you again. You were hard to find."

Voldemort
    Wraithlike, the evil wizard simply follows for now, waiting for the perfect time to reveal himself and take what was his. Perhaps he should summon his death eaters, then he dismisses it. He was Voldemort, conqueror of death. He feared no lesser wizard.

Jon Shannow
    The rider paused at the crest of a wooded hill, and gazed down at
    the wide, rolling ampty lands beneath him. There was no sign of Jerusalem.
    Tall and gaunt, seeking a city that had ceased to exist three hundred years before. A lonely, tortured man on a quest with no ending, riding through a world of savagery and barbarism. A quest that had brought him here.
    Spurring his horse, he made his way towards the town, across the lines who would dare to go.
    He had not died. And still, Jerusalem beckoned.
    Last edited by Draxx; 2010-09-15 at 09:44 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Halfling in the Playground

Azazel

The demon contorts Andie's face in a malicious sneer, advancing towards Sam with murder in his host's eyes.

He tries to snatch Sam's shirt and grip the back of his neck with the other hand. With a deliberate, singular motion, he tries to trip the boy up and shove his face into the boiling pot of water.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #270
    Gulping
    Guest in the Playground

Dante

Dante slams a fifty down on the bar. "Whiskey and Ice Cream. Strawberry." He practically growls it out, sounding every bit the half demon he is. As such, service is prompt, and he is halfway through a bottle and carton of each when his 'Bad S**t' sense starts tingling.

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii---" He shovels the ice cream into his mouth, chases it with the remainder of the liquor, and stands up, scowling out of annoyance and from the severe headache he just got.

"Something just strolled into town, and it's giving me a migraine. I refuse to let such actions go unpunished." The devil hunter stomps out of the bar, bristling with weaponry.

Whatever monster's dumb enough to get within eyeshot first is unlikely to walk away.

Ryoma

Ryoma doesn't say anything. He just focuses on piloting the Getter, using the input of his co-pilots to keep the most fragile form of G-3 safe while the others wreck s**t. He still has enough time to fire tomahawks at the satellites trying to pin the machine down.

Eddie and Scott

Eddie looks at Batgirl with a confused expression. "Uh... I'm just a roadie. I don't really know what the hell just happened. I THINK it might have been a repeat of whatever sent me to the Age of Metal in the first place, but I'm not sure."

At this point, Scott becomes conscious again. "RAMONA! SHE'S GONE! EDDIE! WE NEED TO FIND HER! SHE MIGHT BE IN DANGER!" He rounds on Ophelia, looking absolutely frantic. "Oph! Do you have any idea what happened to Ramona and the others?!"