New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 12

Tougher: Strong enough to withstand adverse conditions or rough or careless handling.

In other words, make it more difficult to damage. It's not made of tissue paper, but I'd say it's like a good solid pair of work pants right now, comparatively speaking. Fine for moving around in, and not tearing on stuff, but as demonstrated by Serazel's Bala, still able to be damaged. So he's going to work on keeping the same level of functionality, while still making it stand up to damaging conditions better.

What did you think I meant?
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Tougher: Strong enough to withstand adverse conditions or rough or careless handling.

In other words, make it more difficult to damage. It's not made of tissue paper, but I'd say it's like a good solid pair of work pants right now, comparatively speaking. Fine for moving around in, and not tearing on stuff, but as demonstrated by Serazel's Bala, still able to be damaged. So he's going to work on keeping the same level of functionality, while still making it stand up to damaging conditions better.

What did you think I meant?
    I thought you meant tougher to sense him while he was in ressureccion.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    I thought you meant tougher to sense him while he was in ressureccion.
    Kind of conflicts with me saying it won't work in Ressureccion, and is redundant with me having already said I want to increase the "coverage" of the stealh.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Bugbear in the Playground

I HAVE RETURNED!

My apologies, I didn't have my charger for my laptop.

This is fine until you realize my laptop doesn't work unless it's plugged in.

Would anyone mind giving me a recap of the going-ons?
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    I support that idea. It's not really going anywhere. By the by, if any of you live in NYC, you missed me....I just got back from a 4-day trip there. Good times...

But yeah, I think we should timeskip to the end of the poker night when they all head home. The VC party will continue, I guess.
    Personally, I would like for the VC party to go on, because Daisuke hasn't even gotten back, and Seiko hasn't appeared yet. However, those are both rather selfish reasons, but the party is going pretty well, with fairly consistent posts. It's almost over anyway, and I'd like to finish that up instead of just time-skipping ahead.

Also, is CMOTDibbler still in the game? I sent him a PM earlier because Daisuke is waiting for his Vice-Captain character and he hasn't responded.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Orc in the Playground

So, does anyone object to Hasunaga getting into the fight with Elder?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

In my most humble opinions.

I never quite got why people assume resurreccion ruins an arrancar's clothes. I always asusmed it took the wildshape/polymorph route myself. That is, the clothes meld with the new form whenever they wouldn't fit, and return to normal when the resurreccion is sealed.

As for spiritual wardrobes, I am not quite sure why a dead spirit vanishes with clothes and everything, but it does, so my guess is that a spiritual body attunes with whatever other spiritual objects are in the posession of the spirit being at the moment (clothes, jewels, etc), which would have the amusing side-effect of causing healing kido to fix your dress (which I am pretty sure does not happen in canon save for Ichigo's comment on his bankai's robe... Then again we never see anyone else being healed except from "brink of death" to "stable, but wrecked").
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #338

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    So, does anyone object to Hasunaga getting into the fight with Elder?
    I do. I may not being involved, but it seems like it has no reason, no possible support for entering it.

He can go attack Sora if you'd like.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    I do. I may not being involved, but it seems like it has no reason, no possible support for entering it.

He can go attack Sora if you'd like.
    His reasons for it are in the Mortal World thread.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #340

But it's already a three person fight, anymore would be kind of...

Too much, and too much of wait for a full on fight.

11. - Top - End - #341

Akio is planned to lose this fight but not enough to be lilled. He will then drag Karite's half dead body back to SS to lick their wounds. If FF has no problem with it, it's fine. But it works better this way.

Edit: Also, the 5th espada goes ressureccion with the spoon head thing damaged, and it's still damaged... Isn't it?
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-10-01 at 11:23 PM.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Orc in the Playground

Ah. In that case, I'll just have Hasunaga get lost while trying to look for them. Maybe arrive once the fight's already over.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    In my most humble opinions.

I never quite got why people assume resurreccion ruins an arrancar's clothes. I always asusmed it took the wildshape/polymorph route myself. That is, the clothes meld with the new form whenever they wouldn't fit, and return to normal when the resurreccion is sealed.

As for spiritual wardrobes, I am not quite sure why a dead spirit vanishes with clothes and everything, but it does, so my guess is that a spiritual body attunes with whatever other spiritual objects are in the posession of the spirit being at the moment (clothes, jewels, etc), which would have the amusing side-effect of causing healing kido to fix your dress (which I am pretty sure does not happen in canon save for Ichigo's comment on his bankai's robe... Then again we never see anyone else being healed except from "brink of death" to "stable, but wrecked").
    Whelp, that answers that.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ettin in the Playground

Akio is planned to lose this fight but not enough to be lilled. He will then drag Karite's half dead body back to SS to lick their wounds. If FF has no problem with it, it's fine. But it works better this way.
    Dammit, riccaru, you're not supposed to spoil the ending!

I don't have anything against Hasunaga arriving to witness the end of the battle. There's one other character he could interact with even if he doesn't join the fray: Silva.

Also, what is the name and artist of the song riccaru linked to in his last Ep.3 three post. I wanna hear it, but my country won't allow me. ^_^;;;
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

15. - Top - End - #345
    Halfling in the Playground

Edit: Also, the 5th espada goes ressureccion with the spoon head thing damaged, and it's still damaged... Isn't it?
    I think the spoon-thing disappears to leave this.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    I think the spoon-thing disappears to leave this.
    Correct. The spoon thing disappears; instead, he grows a pair of horns in an odd crescent moon shape.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Halfling in the Playground

And for some random reason, a yellow patch on his face.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

18. - Top - End - #348

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Dammit, riccaru, you're not supposed to spoil the ending!

I don't have anything against Hasunaga arriving to witness the end of the battle. There's one other character he could interact with even if he doesn't join the fray: Silva.

Also, what is the name and artist of the song riccaru linked to in his last Ep.3 three post. I wanna hear it, but my country won't allow me. ^_^;;;
    Artist is crossfade, song is "no giving up".

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Okay, so. Vicente, see, he's an inventor. And I'd like to have him improving his gear. This post will outline some ideas I've had for that. As well, I might have some stuff on direct personal power growth down at the bottom.

Edit: Upon contemplation, I'm going to be reworking some of the gear in this post. Okay, edited to feel more original. Hopefully this stuff still works for people.

First, my proposal for development on his cloak.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently, Vicente's Reiatsu Cloak Model 1 makes it extraordinarily difficult to detect him until he's using over 25% of his maximum unreleased power. However, those with Pesquisa near the level of the Quinta can still detect him. Below is the list of revised models. None of them work in Resurreccion, being absorbed into his being like the rest of his clothes, rendering them inert for the duration of the release.

-Reiatsu Cloak Model 2: Works up to 50% power, or up to 25% for extremely sensitive detectors (such as Quinta Espada). Cloak has improved structural elements, making it more difficult to damage.

-Reiatsu Cloak Model 3: Works up to 75% power, or up to 50% for extremely sensitive detectors (such as Quinta Espada). Cloak has added redundancies, making it more difficult to decrease performance with damage.

-Reiatsu Cloak Model 4: Works up to 100% power, or up to 75% for extremely sensitive detectors (such as Quinta Espada).

-Reiatsu Cloak Model 5: Works up to 100% power, including extremely sensitive detectors (such as Quinta Espada). Cloak now shrinks into special storage unit around shoulders (becoming inactive while doing so), allowing Vicente to more easily dispense with its effects, if and when he desires.

Next, we have some items that improve delivery of existing tech, and possibly add one or two items.

Spoiler
    Show
    -Chaff Pellets: Inspired by some of Serazel's tactics, the frustration of Serazel's Bala, and a bit of research on mortal technology, these pellets are a decidedly defensive measure. When tossed outwards, they have a 2-second delay before a small explosion throws a Vicente-sized cloud of anti-spirit-energy chaff into the air. This chaff is excellent for disrupting lower-energy attacks by bala, as well as for misdirecting any attacks that home in on spirit energy. Cero are typically barely affected, unless they have a homing component, or are already comparatively diffuse. Vicente typically carries 5 of these pellets in his belt at all times.

-Omni-Gauntlets: While his body as an Arrancar allows Vicente to throw his pellets with great accuracy and power, he has found that it can be difficult to deliver them rapidly, as he hast to manually retrieve each pellet. Thus, the Omni-Gauntlet. (Rough image here. Colored all black, and lacks the obvious screws, the 2 hose connectors, and the 4 very small holes near the front. Slightly smoother lines.)
    First and foremost, the Omni-Gauntlets incorporate a system for launching the various pellets that Vicente has invented. Through serious work, they can achieve roughly 80% of the velocity his own muscle-powered throws can, and have essentially the same accuracy. The rate of fire is notably increased, as the gauntlets can cycle the next pellet to fire within 1.5 seconds. Through some serious work with specialized compression and "micro-dimensional pockets", Vicente has a store of 5 of each pellet in each of his gauntlets, giving him 50 pellets overall, not counting his additional stores in his belt. He cannot reload in the field, due to the time-consuming nature of the storage mechanism. The launchers are triggered by precise muscle movements and miniscule pulses of spiritual energy.
    Second, the Omni-Gauntlets have slightly smaller versions of his Grapnel Gun. Whereas the independent gun has about 300 feet of rope, these only have 50. However, as with the pellet guns, they are more easily triggered, as well as being much more difficult to remove from his possession.
    Finally, the gauntlets possess a small variety of tools that Vicente can use in the field. Simple lockpicks, wire cutters, a small acid projector on each gauntlet (useless for combat, but precise enough for melting locks, glass, etc), and sundry other simple tools.
    All in all, the Omni-Gauntlets stand as his finest invention, right alongside his Reiatsu Cloak.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-10-02 at 04:30 PM.

20. - Top - End - #350

Okay, so. Vicente, see, he's an inventor. And I'd like to have him improving his gear. This post will outline some ideas I've had for that. As well, I might have some stuff on direct personal power growth down at the bottom.

Edit: Upon contemplation, I'm going to be reworking some of the gear in this post.

Anyways.

First, my proposal for development on his cloak.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently, Vicente's Reiatsu Cloak Model 1 makes it extraordinarily difficult to detect him until he's using over 25% of his maximum unreleased power. However, those with Pesquisa near the level of the Quinta can still detect him. Below is the list of revised models. None of them work in Resurreccion, being absorbed into his being like the rest of his clothes, rendering them inert for the duration of the release.

-Reiatsu Cloak Model 2: Works up to 50% power, or up to 25% for extremely sensitive detectors (such as Quinta Espada). Cloak has improved structural elements, making it more difficult to damage.

-Reiatsu Cloak Model 3: Works up to 75% power, or up to 50% for extremely sensitive detectors (such as Quinta Espada). Cloak has added redundancies, making it more difficult to decrease performance with damage.

-Reiatsu Cloak Model 4: Works up to 100% power, or up to 75% for extremely sensitive detectors (such as Quinta Espada).

-Reiatsu Cloak Model 5: Works up to 100% power, including extremely sensitive detectors (such as Quinta Espada). Cloak now shrinks into special storage unit around shoulders (becoming inactive while doing so), allowing Vicente to more easily dispense with its effects, if and when he desires.

Next, we have a few gadgets that are actually inspired by encounters with some of his fellows. More may be added later.

Spoiler
    Show
    -Web-Caster: Inspired by the dangerous webs of Mei, the Octava Espada, Vicente's left wrist bears a device that allows him to create and expel artificial spider web on the fly. It's probably only about 50% as strong as the Octava's web, but it's still something to give others pause. Unfortunately, the formula isn't fully stable. After about 30 seconds, it dries out, becoming much easier to slice and tear. As well, he hasn't found the perfect compression methods yet, meaning he typically can only create 6 average-humanoid-sized webs per capsule. The device holds 3 capsules of the necessary chemical mix.
    Vicente has also found he can add a small amount of the formula for his Tanglefoot Pellets to the web mix. This makes it even stickier, but in return means it dries out and hardens after 10 seconds. It also reduces him to 3 web shots per capsule, due to the mixture of formula.

-Chaff Pellets: Inspired by some of Serazel's tactics, the frustration of Serazel's Bala, and a bit of research on mortal technology, these pellets are a decidedly defensive measure. When tossed outwards, they have a 2-second delay before a small explosion throws a Vicente-sized cloud of anti-spirit-energy chaff into the air. This chaff is excellent for disrupting lower-energy attacks by bala, as well as for misdirecting any attacks that home in on spirit energy. Cero are typically barely affected, unless they have a homing component, or are already comparatively diffuse. Vicente typically carries 5 of these pellets on his person at all times.

-Adjuster Glove: Likely Vicente's most complicated invention next to his cloak, this glove was inspired by watching the various Cero and Bala of his fellow Arrancar. While Vicente was not unhappy with the form his took, the ability to modify it greatly appealed to him.
    Currently, the glove has 2 functions (with more potentially being added later).
    The first is inspired by the Resurreccion of the Cuarta himself. By channeling a Cero's energy into the focusing devices of the glove, and then charging about half of another Cero into it, the glove can take and compress that energy, releasing it in a cone that reaches out to a length of 30 feet, and a width of 15 feet. It has no more force than one of his typical Cero; the extra energy is merely to fill in the cone.
    The second function was inspired by Serazel's Bala. Vicente has devised a special "homing beacon" that can be applied either manually, or at ranges up to 20 feet via the glove. The glove then modulates the energy of his bala to fly towards the signal of the beacon. However, the bala can be confused by sufficiently large energy sources, and actually have a limited homing "life" (15 seconds). As well, they can be countered as any other Bala can. Said beacons are quite small, having an active life of only 30 seconds; if the target releases their sword, or otherwise does a large-area expenditure of energy, the beacon is disabled. Only 6 beacons are stored in the glove.
    When not in use, the glove pulls back from the hand, compressing into a less noticeable bracer.

Possibly more to come later.

Thoughts?
    If you ask me, it's a... Bit overpowered. It makes him impossible to sense, makes him a much more difficult opponent to deal with, and gives him many more options in a combat. Mix this with the proposed power boost he might get, and his already powerful physical capabilities, he's overpowered.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

If you ask me, it's a... Bit overpowered. It makes him impossible to sense, makes him a much more difficult opponent to deal with, and gives him many more options in a combat. Mix this with the proposed power boost he might get, and his already powerful physical capabilities, he's overpowered.
    Hey look, I've edited the post.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Orc in the Playground

Hmmm.

Having readed the two versions of them, I must say that the first feels like it would make him more of an annoying opponent as opposed to an overpowered one. Power-wise they don't actually add much of anything - neither Vicente's Bala or Cero hit any harder thanks to his inventions. His pellets would make it harder for someone like Serazel to assault him, or someone who relied on small-scale attacks. An ammunition limit somewhat circunvents this, as does the possibility of dissipating the chaff "cloud". It's not something one can easily do in the heat of battle, but neither are the pellets so disruptive that it gives him an instant win (Vicente would still be in very hot water if faced up against a melee expert, as his tactics lend themselves more to ranged combat).

The omni-gauntlets work for me as well.

The web-caster actually feels fairly weak. It might work against slower opponents, but against fast ones it's mostly a means to set them up for something painful. However, Vicente has few options in that regard. And slower opponents tend to be stronger to compensate, so they're more likely to try and brute force their way out. It might be interesting to add a damage effect like constriction within that time frame.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

Here's the character I just posted in the registry (but can remove if you want) I was curious if he looked ok to everybody:

Spoiler
    Show

Name: Amore Love
    Race: Arrancar
    Hair: Sharkskin Gray
    Eyes: Black
    Cero: Ultramarine Blue
    Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amore is an attractive but small man, barely topping 5 feet tall, he looks to be quite young, and somewhat girlish in appearance, often being mistaken for a younger female, and his somewhat subdued personality reflects this, often sheltering himself behind superiors and friends, he appears somewhat shy. Amore's Hollow Hole is in his stomach/lower back. Amore dresses more as a servant or a janitor, he wears the uniform colors traditional to Las Noches but it is cut down into a vest and baggy pants with curl-toed shoes. Overall Amore is very thin and willowy, not looking very strong at all. The remains of Amore's hollow mask appears as bony ridges along his spine, and bony fan-like fins over his ears

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

Amore is shy, and somewhat withdrawn, he is also somewhat of a germophobe -slash-perfectionist, always working to keep his room and surroundings clean, and he is often upset if the cleanliness of his surroundings is disturbed, especially by battle, and he will often try to fix things. He does not appear strong, and often relies on those around him to help him out, painting himself as somewhat of a coward in the eyes of some, however Amore is not afraid to help his friends out if he thinks that they're in danger.

Background:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amore Love has always been somewhat small, weak, and more than a little bit effeminate, at least physically. He was able to survive Hueco Mundo by traveling with more powerful Hollow, one of which in particular he became attached to, and who also became rather attached to him. He fought beside this friend, or perhaps more than friend, for years, becoming more powerful largely through his help, but their friendship was not to last. Eventually, they faced an opponent they could not defeat, and both Amore and his friend fought as hard as they could against their foe, but to no avail. However, as the battle seemed finished, Amore discovered his ability to aid his friend by boosting his strength, but by then it was too late. Already weakened and broken, his friend fell to the more powerful hollow, but Amore was lucky, if it could be called that. The one who defeated his friend noticed his talent, and allowed him to live if he would use his abilities for him. Reluctantly Amore agreed, but this alliance would not last either. And so, Amore went from Hollow to Hollow, until Amore rose to the level of Menos, and finally, Adjuchas, always tagging on to more powerful Hollow until they, in turn are defeated. Eventually, one of the many he was to attach himself to faced the possibility of joining Las Noches, of becoming an Arrancar, but sadly in the end, he too fell. However, Amore's abilities would once more avail with him with the means to survive and to raise himself up, for his peculiar abilities were noted and valued, as a means of attributing more power to other Arrancar. Amore has become afraid to become committed to any one friend or relationship, always afraid he will have to face the loss of someone he had become attached to because they would be destroyed by another.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanpaktou: Remora Custodia
    The Remora Custodia appears as a long wooden zen rake with long ocean-like patterns carved into it's sides, the wood is at least as resilient as steel, and the wood is of a somewhat grayish caste, and appears like driftwood.
    Ressureccion: Adservio, Remora Custodia
    Amore's Resurreccion makes the ridges on his back grow, and the fins on his ears to grow, his body also shrinks in size, and he continues to change until he appears as a somewhat large, bony Remora. As well as boosting his abilities and making him hard to target, Amore can attach himself to one of his teammates. Amore's main ability in Ressurreccion form is to give a substantial boost to the powers of his host, while also benefiting from this boost, making him tougher and harder to hurt, as well able to keep up with his host. He can also project defensive fields of cero around himself and his host, either a complete bubble with it's power spread over it's whole form, or smaller area's with far greater strength.

General Abilities:
    Hierro: Weak, Amore's natural Hierro is quite weak, which is one of the reasons he is so apt to hide behind others
    Sonido: Medium, Amore is fairly fast, especially when he needs to hide behind someone, but he isn't nearly the fastest around
    Pesquisa: Strong, Amore is always on the look out for people bigger and stronger than himself, which is a lot of people, either to hide behind or hide from
    Garganta: Medium, Amore is fairly capable of opening up Garganta for himself and others and controlling it to a decent level
    Cero: Strong, Cero is Amore's most powerful ability, he favors the ability to strike from afar, and he has adapted his Cero to form powerful shields to protect himself and others from harm, usually as he is retreating from a more powerful opponent.

Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2010-10-02 at 07:03 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I've removed the Web Casters because I decided it felt too much like treading on another character's shoes.

The Chaff Pellets are vaguely based on what Serazel did with his Cero, but are just as much meant as a counter to his Bala.

Overall, the revision was much more of "extrapolate what he has" and "create unique items".

I can, potentially, see the problem with the Cloak. However, as has been repeatedly stated, he can only use it sealed. That limits the total amount of power he can put out. And it doesn't mask him visually or any such thing. And any blasts he fires out will be traceable.

Anyways. Waiting to hear more feedback.

25. - Top - End - #355

I'm a bit leery of Vicente's cloak being able to block Fortunato after only one upgrade. Sensitive Pesquisa users is all well and good, but Fortunato was written to be on a whole different level. Other than that, looks pretty good.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    I'm a bit leery of Vicente's cloak being able to block Fortunato after only one upgrade. Sensitive Pesquisa users is all well and good, but Fortunato was written to be on a whole different level. Other than that, looks pretty good.
    It's only partial. Note that it takes multiple upgrades before it totally blocks anyone, let alone him.

If you'd really like, I could move the percentages up one upgrade. Possibly have it only ever get up to 75% power blockage for him and those close to his prowess.

27. - Top - End - #357

Hey look, I've edited the post.
    Doen't make it any less applicable.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-10-02 at 05:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

The cloak shouldn't be a problem. As KD stated, it only hides Reiatsu - there's a relatively low-level Kido which lets Shinigami do the same *and* turn invisible.

Most creatures capable of following Vincente with Pesquisa (etc.) would still be able to track him visually, or by scent, sound touch or what not.

The other stuff is also on the level of minor Kido spells - a slight boost in versatility, but hardly major abilities by themselves.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Doen't make it any less applicable.
    ...Considering the cloak and the chaff pellets are the only thing that are the same, at least some of your rather sparse analysis would surely change.

Do you have anything more specific than "it's overpowered"?

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    The cloak shouldn't be a problem. As KD stated, it only hides Reiatsu - there's a relatively low-level Kido which lets Shinigami do the same *and* turn invisible.

Most creatures capable of following Vincente with Pesquisa (etc.) would still be able to track him visually, or by scent, sound touch or what not.

The other stuff is also on the level of minor Kido spells - a slight boost in versatility, but hardly major abilities by themselves.
    Well, do keep in mind he's super-quiet. But yes, he's not invisible. And still has a scent. And still displaces air.

And again, I've removed the stuff that actually copies powers, replacing it with improved delivery systems for items he already has.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-10-02 at 05:44 PM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Orc in the Playground

And a presence.

Hiding is all about erasing traces of one's presence. Animals are able to perceive the presence of humans even when their other senses are nulled, or when the human(s) in question doesn't do much of anything. You know the classic image of a monk meditating in the woods with birds landing on him and whatnot? Yeah, he has no presence.

Truth be told, I never had much of an opportunity to have Serazel explain to Vicente how he perceived the spot he was in, considering his stealth. He would explain that Vicente's purpose was giving him off like a light. It's something that works on an instinctual level, and it can be almost impossible to erase.

Yes, I realize it sounds a lot like pseudo-philosophy straight out of anime, but it's something I've actually been able to perceive on a personal level.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show