New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 12

First, agreement with Draken. Eyes and stuff like that shouldn't be in seperate tags.

Second: interesting Shikai ability, there.

I'd say it isn't overpowered, given that he does need to cut an opponent for the ability to take effect.

I haven't read the Bankai ability, yet, but I will state that time based abilities can be... iffy.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-08 at 05:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's what ticks my problem sense:

This character was originally made for another game, right? I've yet to read his backstory through in-depth, and probably won't find time for that tonight, but I have this itching feeling something there just won't fit together with established history of *this* game. I'd suggest writing a new backstory just for this game - it also doesn't have to be as long and detailed as that. ^_^;;;

To get help on the formatting, take a look at the registry. You should find a good template there.

Currently, all the Captaincies are taken. Some of them will be freed in foreseeable future; however, to not contradict events that have already happened, your character has to earn the position within the game. He can't just *be* a Captain. However, being an old Captain returning from retirement could be possible.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Having cruised backstory overmuch, but I have to echo FF on that part.

I'll be honest, I'm having some trouble reading the entry, between really big paragraphs, some long sentences that seem jumbled, and so on. As well, you threw description of his sword spirit and habits into the description of the sealed state of the sword. I get that it's an umbrella, but...does it hold a sword? Is it just an umbrella? I'm having trouble deciphering. Again, I point to other formats.

Now for crunchy stuff.

General skills: Eh, seems solid.

"Sealed ability" is unclear. Does keeping the umbrella open keep others from feeling anything of the "super-heavy reiatsu"?

While we're on that...We have another character, Koujin from the 6th Division, with a similar ability. MSH decided to restrict it to only those who clash swords with him; otherwise, it's a pretty blatant "you lose" button if you're not careful.

Shikai: Potent. Very potent. The "8 strokes and you kill them" scenario seems pretty likely. Even losing an arm to that would suck. I'd be curious if there are any limits, factors that allow it to be reversed in short term, or ways it can be resisted, even to a partial degree.

Bankai: Uh...no. Sorry. Just the time manipulation is pretty darn broken. Inside of a minute, your opponent is pretty much guaranteed to lose. And lose badly. It's the same reason we asked Cyborg Mage to remove his timestop, and that was a "last ditch" effect. This covers hundreds of feet, and it's a mobile area to boot.

Then we have the bone-breaking ability. This one might be okay, though there's still an "exploit": If you hit someone in the forehead with a scratch, their skull shatters. They are, at the least, unconscious, if not dead. Is there a way to resist this power to any degree, to prevent instant losses like that? Or if you scratch their back, and shatter one or more vertebrae?

Finally, the "copying ancestor's powers" is...again, just no. Sorry. But that's incredibly powerful all by itself. On top of everything else, it becomes hideously broken.

Honestly, I'd say step one is to work on your formatting, to better copy some of our example sheets. Work on re-arranging your information so it's easier to read. We'll go from there, but I can say right now that Bankai is going to need major work, and that Shikai might need tweaking.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #784
    Pixie in the Playground

i appreciate some of the quick responses...

i was told to propose my character and then go from there....so i did that

per formatting issues, i appreciate the concern...my reasoning for making them spoilers were that NONE of the information would be known unless you actually met the character, so i figure everything would be a "spoiler"...regardless, i will abide by any formatting wanted, but the basic structure is based off people i saw in the registry in general. And i appreciate the formatting concerns, but to me they are the last thing of importance i would imagine

yes, this character was originally made for another RP community, but i have spent some time adapting him for this place, and while i am sure. When i make a character i make him as a person, and while events in a certain RP community will indeed influence his "history" it is not hard to adapt those. However i have little information to go off of, so i created what i thought was vague enough to still make interesting. I have no canon characters in my history, and do not deal with noble houses or anything really outside my own made up family.

I did make him a Cpt, i understand there is one already, but i thought i was supposed to put my best foot forward for this place. And being limited to 50000 characters, this is what i have so far.

I posted all of that to show my creativity and hopefully show my dedication to doing good and serious work. I did not throw all of that together in a n hour, and did not just copy and paste everything...some things, yes... but not all by a long shot

I would love to know what you want me to do at this point other than reformat...if there is a real possibility for me to be a "returning" Cpt i would love to know what i should expect...an then i can rewrite my history to adapt to that.

I spent a lot of time on the 9th Division stuff, and you dont have to use it, but i did not just do it with no regard for what was here, i could find nothing so i decided to go for it and put the work in.

I am no fly by night RPer, I care about what i do and where i want to RP. I saw this place and thought my character could get a nice "rebirth" (no pun intended) in this community.

Maybe i am not good enough for you all, or maybe just each of our desires will not match up.

Like i said, i am willing to listen. But if you dont want me or my character, then please let me know. I am not saying i will not adapt him in many ways, but if you dont think i will work here, then please let me know so that we dont waste each others time.

I know i write a lot, sorry for that.

Thanks again for taking any of your time to read my words, it is appreciated.

Aaron

5. - Top - End - #785
    Halfling in the Playground

It's not that you're not 'good enough', not at all! Why would you ever think that? Trust me, you don't need to be incredible to be here, that's the beauty...just gotta be yourself. In truth, there is already a Captain for the 9th, but that Captain's player hasn't shown himself in a while. I think it's best for us to find out whether he'll be showing up to RP anytime soon or not and get that all sorted out.

No hard feelings?

EDIT: Personally, I think your entry character is very good.
    Last edited by Moon Wolf; 2010-10-08 at 06:25 PM.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

6. - Top - End - #786
    Pixie in the Playground

i need to go eat and run some errands...so i will have to come back later to read through any more comments...

I expected there to be issues with some of it...i am in no way offended at all.

I will respond to the concerns on the powers later when i have enough time to respond to them in full.

but quickly, the time thing is workable...i could extend the time and effectiveness...or not make it mobile...but also when i think of battles, they are usually very fast..lasting often under a minute of real time...so perhaps it is just a differing perception of how long battles are...

the bone crushing thing... i think it is workable with some good guidance from what this place is all about when it comes to power levels... while i agree things COULD be broken... a lot of Bleach itself has powers that are just the same... the way i look at it..it is how they are used... since we are telling a story, using a power in a way that reveals its brokenness is not any fun and ruins a story... i mean i think of someone like Tessai in Bleach... he has the ability to do a time-stop and teleportation kido..and that plot hole/broken power could lots of times have been used to fix problems in the story, but is not... that is the way i was designing the powers...thinns that were visually and conceptually powerful...yet in their practice would only serve to make for unique stories and mental images... not to be used so they could be broken...again, it is my fault since i dont know this community as all of you do

one other quick thing...i appreciate you quoting other people's powers etc...but i think you would understand that i am not aware of all of those things. as a new member should i be aware of all powers of all others in the RP community? I am not asking to be rude, but just so i know what is expected.

Again...i will respond more clearly later

7. - Top - End - #787
    Pixie in the Playground

Of course no hard feelings!! I just enjoy this stuff is all!

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    It's not that you're not 'good enough', not at all! Why would you ever think that? Trust me, you don't need to be incredible to be here, that's the beauty...just gotta be yourself. In truth, there is already a Captain for the 9th, but that Captain's player hasn't shown himself in a while. I think it's best for us to find out whether he'll be showing up to RP anytime soon or not and get that all sorted out.

No hard feelings?

EDIT: Personally, I think your entry character is very good.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    I am no fly by night RPer, I care about what i do and where i want to RP. I saw this place and thought my character could get a nice "rebirth" (no pun intended) in this community.
    Neither are we. So we take balance and placement seriously.

Maybe i am not good enough for you all, or maybe just each of our desires will not match up.
    ...No offense here, but please don't say that. We are not trying to say anything or anyone is not good enough, we are not attacking the credibility of anyone or their characters. We simply give very critical analysis, and honestly it's a little offputting for you to go on the defensive like that. It's nothing personal, we are just trying to make sure the game is enjoyable for everyone, and balance between each player is an important part of that.

Like i said, i am willing to listen. But if you dont want me or my character, then please let me know. I am not saying i will not adapt him in many ways, but if you dont think i will work here, then please let me know so that we dont waste each others time.

I know i write a lot, sorry for that.

Thanks again for taking any of your time to read my words, it is appreciated.

Aaron
    We aren't going to say that. Like I said, some of us get pretty passionate, but that doesn't mean you should be discouraged or that we're trying to keep people out.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #789
    Halfling in the Playground

What Berry said...we're always recruiting! So don't give up on the 9th idea. We just gotta see if Kraz died is coming back.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

10. - Top - End - #790
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alright, I think I get what Hiro's saying, and what to reply with.

Hiro, the problem is that those abilities mess up the other players. Unlike in Bleach, everyone is a PC, meaning that stopping time allows you to oneshot kill them, and is extremely overpowered.

Even five seconds is overpowered, as time powers don't really work in a game where loads of people control the story.

...scene.

Also, Karite is now out of the 'Sode, unless someone finds him outside.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's kind of a combination of everyone being a PC, and also we're trying to keep the power level noticably lower than the series ended up being.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-10-08 at 08:07 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Right, so, spoilered for length.

Remember, none of this is a bash on you in any way. It's me trying to help you adjust your character and concepts to better fit in this game. I'm trying to do my best to explain my reasoning at each and every step.

Spoiler
    Show
    i appreciate some of the quick responses...
    i was told to propose my character and then go from there....so i did that
    Right, but connected to that, it was made clear that we would have to work with you on it. Consider this stage a "rough draft".

per formatting issues, i appreciate the concern...my reasoning for making them spoilers were that NONE of the information would be known unless you actually met the character, so i figure everything would be a "spoiler"...
    Um...that's kind of true of any character.

The character sheet's description area and such is a very "meta" section. It's there as a quick reference for other players to look at and say "ah, okay", so that you don't have to type up the full description every time a new person enters the scene. I can, to a point, appreciate the idea, but it's better to format things more like the rest of us, and drop a link in a post if you feel full description would be warranted.

regardless, i will abide by any formatting wanted, but the basic structure is based off people i saw in the registry in general. And i appreciate the formatting concerns, but to me they are the last thing of importance i would imagine
    Well, formatting is at least somewhat important, because it makes it easier to read your sheet. If it's easier to read your sheet, it's easier to know what you're trying to say or do.

yes, this character was originally made for another RP community, but i have spent some time adapting him for this place, and while i am sure. When i make a character i make him as a person, and while events in a certain RP community will indeed influence his "history" it is not hard to adapt those. However i have little information to go off of, so i created what i thought was vague enough to still make interesting. I have no canon characters in my history, and do not deal with noble houses or anything really outside my own made up family.
    Fair enough. That said, several of us directed you to the character registry thread and the 1st post of the OOC thread. As well, you should know that this thread is always open if you have questions about various aspects of our game. We're not saying you can't adapt the character's backstory, not at all. If we offer suggestions, it's so you can adapt it better to this setting we've crafted here.

I did make him a Cpt, i understand there is one already, but i thought i was supposed to put my best foot forward for this place. And being limited to 50000 characters, this is what i have so far.
    I'm going to be honest, "making a Captain" and "putting your best foot forward" are not equivalent. There's nothing wrong with making a Captain, but we have plenty of non-Captains too. The fact is, we told you we already had a 9th Division Captain for a reason. I know I communicated that to you when we exchanged PMs. I encouraged you to created a Seated Officer instead, so you could explore working towards being a Captain In-Character.

I posted all of that to show my creativity and hopefully show my dedication to doing good and serious work. I did not throw all of that together in a n hour, and did not just copy and paste everything...some things, yes... but not all by a long shot
    Nobody accused you of copy/pasting, or denied the creative energy in the work. Our suggestions on formatting were to improve readability, which only helps appreciate your work more.

I would love to know what you want me to do at this point other than reformat...if there is a real possibility for me to be a "returning" Cpt i would love to know what i should expect...an then i can rewrite my history to adapt to that.
    Well. How about you take a look at 9th, or other divisions, in the first post of the character registry. Again, that's a list of claimed spots. Then, if there's an officer position you'd like, try adjusting the character to fit that spot.

A "returning Captain" won't work for 9th, as Kraz has not dropped the character. You can't just usurp his Captain character.

I spent a lot of time on the 9th Division stuff, and you dont have to use it, but i did not just do it with no regard for what was here, i could find nothing so i decided to go for it and put the work in.
    Well, to be honest, while I can appreciate that you put work into it, we can't use it. Kraz is the one who will define how the division works. That he's been deficient in that duty doesn't mean we can use another player's writeup for his division. It just means he needs to get around to doing it.
    I'm sorry, but that's just kind of how we decided it would work around here.

And you're welcome to have a character here. We're not saying you're "fly by night" or whatnot. We're just trying to help you better your entry, your character, and your understanding of our game. So that everyone benefits.

That's not what any of us have said, not at all.

We never said "we don't want your character". We've all just been pointing out potential problem areas, either with his conflicting claim of Captaincy of the 9th, or his powers...well, needing adjustment.

I expected there to be issues with some of it...i am in no way offended at all.
    That's good.

I will respond to the concerns on the powers later when i have enough time to respond to them in full.
    Fair enough.

but quickly, the time thing is workable...i could extend the time and effectiveness...or not make it mobile...but also when i think of battles, they are usually very fast..lasting often under a minute of real time...so perhaps it is just a differing perception of how long battles are...
    I think the problem is that any slowdown is really really powerful, no matter what. If the fights take several minutes (which some do, as there are stops and starts), then the opponent basically stands still. If the fighters are moving so fast that 3 episodes of the anime covers 2 minutes of "real time", then even the first few seconds of slowdown are absolutely lethal.

Really, I'd strongly ask that you reconsider time/speed manipulation powers, at least so far as they affect others.

the bone crushing thing... i think it is workable with some good guidance from what this place is all about when it comes to power levels... while i agree things COULD be broken... a lot of Bleach itself has powers that are just the same... the way i look at it..it is how they are used... since we are telling a story, using a power in a way that reveals its brokenness is not any fun and ruins a story... i mean i think of someone like Tessai in Bleach... he has the ability to do a time-stop and teleportation kido..and that plot hole/broken power could lots of times have been used to fix problems in the story, but is not... that is the way i was designing the powers...thinns that were visually and conceptually powerful...yet in their practice would only serve to make for unique stories and mental images... not to be used so they could be broken...again, it is my fault since i dont know this community as all of you do
    Two things which have been stated above.

1.)Every character in this game is played by one of us. The soul-eating monsters in Hueco Mundo are Player Characters. So making something that essentially takes the fight out of the hands of the player is very unfair to them.
    2.)Again, our power level is explicitly lower than that of the canon Bleach universe. I point to the current Commander General (two links for two pages of relevant info). Canon Commander-General. You can compare and contrast plenty of other PCs to Canon characters. The result is the same: We've purposefully set the power bar lower.

Consider that, in conjunction with his time-slow ability and his shikai "repeating cuts" ability, the bone-breaking ability gives him an overwhelming edge. His opponent essentially has to kill him in the first few seconds of the fight, or they're done for.

Again, this has no true bearing on the history and personality of the character. This isn't a critique of who he is, just what his powers are.

one other quick thing...i appreciate you quoting other people's powers etc...but i think you would understand that i am not aware of all of those things. as a new member should i be aware of all powers of all others in the RP community? I am not asking to be rude, but just so i know what is expected.

I'm citing examples and linking registry entries so that you can understand what is expected. That's my whole point behind that, that you have a framework for understanding what I'm saying.

13. - Top - End - #793

A good comparison is say, Karite, against Shinji.

Both are Vaizards, Karite has a Bankai, now a comparison fight:

Spoiler
    Show

Karite attacks.

Shinji goes Shikai, screws around with dimensions.

Karite misses epically, and goes Bankai.

Shinji goes Vaizard, and totally wins.

See? There's a really big difference in power for the two Vaizards. Even moreso if we compare our main Substitute Shinigami (Izumi Hayashi) with Ichigo.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

@Mortal World: I hope somebody remembers to take poor unconscious Yoshi!

15. - Top - End - #795

Alysha would, but her hands are full.

Besides, he's a big boy. He can take care of himself.

Might be interesting if he's still there when Mei and Ivaz drop by...

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

16. - Top - End - #796

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    @Mortal World: I hope somebody remembers to take poor unconscious Yoshi!
    Karite kind of lost both his Bankai and Shikai and is unconscious outside a gate.

"Go bug Akio instead Yoshi. I've got enough on my plate, what with my Hollowification coming on."

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Alysha would, but her hands are full.

Besides, he's a big boy. He can take care of himself.

Might be interesting if he's still there when Mei and Ivaz drop by...
    It was a general plea. I realize Alysha's busy.

I'd rather he not be taken by Mei and Ivaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Karite kind of lost both his Bankai and Shikai and is unconscious outside a gate.

"Go bug Akio instead Yoshi. I've got enough on my plate, what with my Hollowification coming on."
    Um...Akio was willing and ready to blast Allan with the "backwash" of his Kido, not caring that he'd die. I don't see him giving a rat's behind about Yoshi.

18. - Top - End - #798

I didn't say he'd be taken. Just be interesting if they found him.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #799

Um...Akio was willing and ready to blast Allan with the "backwash" of his Kido, not caring that he'd die. I don't see him giving a rat's behind about Yoshi.
    Now I'm wondering how Akio made it to Third Seat in the Division with the Captain and VC who really care about their men.

And he's kind of a bad person.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma, being the "I'm not in pain, really, I'm not!" guy he is, would probably offer to drag Yoshi, but Nasumi would have his gnads if he did.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    I didn't say he'd be taken. Just be interesting if they found him.
    Timeframe likely won't match up.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Now I'm wondering how Akio made it to Third Seat in the Division with the Captain and VC who really care about their men.

And he's kind of a bad person.
    Note that Elder, a soul-eating monster, is calling him out on his behavior.

22. - Top - End - #802

Timeframe likely won't match up.
    Well, if he's taken back, no. But if he's left behind, maybe. Provided he stays unconscious for long enough.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

23. - Top - End - #803
    Pixie in the Playground

Unfortunately, I cannot write more tonight and may not have much time tomorrow to post due to some work responsibilities, but i wanted to respond so that my silence wasnt seen as anything negative.

It is hard to try to defend your choices etc. on a message board without it being read as hostile. I am in no way hostile, i am simply trying to explain my choices, and just because i may respond in opposition to something someone says doesnt mean i am offended or trying to say they are wrong.

One of the reasons i made this character proposal, is that i had this character in mind to be what i kind of proposed him as. So restructuring him to a lower position would drastically change the way i see him in my mind. Having said that, i am not saying i will NOT do it, only that if there is a chance that he could be introduced closer to whom i have proposed (with obvious changes in the power to the Bankai powers etc.) then i would be willing to perhaps work on a different character and wait with this character.

Pertaining my comments about possibly not fitting into this community, was not stated as a negative thing. More a mater of fact statement, unfortunately sometimes great RPers styles do not work out together. I was hoping my style may work here, but if it doesnt work here, then i would understand.

I wanted to propose something that was as close to showing what type of RPer i am as well as my creativity level and depth i go into. Putting exactly what i envision down for consideration is a much better place for me to start than not. I dont think it is a fair evaluation of what i can bring or contribute.

It does get hard sometimes when people tell you your ideas are "broken" and not fair. I believe there is a difference in something being broken vs playing something something broken i n a way that is broken. It is just a disagreement though in styles, and in no way am i saying anyone is wrong for stating it and that i would not adapt to it. Having said that, I am not naive to the great brokenness that could be exploited with those abilities i listed as they are. The difference is that i would never play those powers to exploit them as such, the powers themselves are not broken IMO, it is the player that makes them that way and I just figured the more potential for something being broken only pushes the RPer to be more creative. But again, it is just a stylistic difference, I AM NOT ARGUING OR BEING DEFENSIVE AND I AM NOT RIGHT AND YOU ARE NOT WRONG. I am just explaining my thought process.

Anyways, my girlfriend is giving me the evil eye and i have to be up in 7 hours.

I am legitimately excited about working with you all to move forward.

I would love to hear some suggestions on the Bankai stuff i listed. I was thinking maybe just eliminate the time slowing thing, and replacing with some kind of "protection" for my character when underneath, and the sword bone thing to have instead some kind of paralyzing effect on an extremity, or i dont know.

All i know is that the concept of their being a "protection" power from the canopy, and brutal kind of "offensive" aspect of the sword bone thing. The Zanpaktou being family/time based, i like the concept of the strength you get from embracing your ancestors as well as the protection and safety there is when embracing them as well.

Anyways, i will probably read this tomorrow at something, but not be able to post until late tomorrow night or Sunday.

This is all fun to me. I look forward to hearing your responses and thoughts.

Aaron

24. - Top - End - #804
    Orc in the Playground

Anyhow, on the topic of characters, while I don't intend Nero to get involved in anything major, it's only fair to give my current draft/writeup.

Nero Abel, Agent of S.W.O.R.D.
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 160

Speaking Color: Dark Olive Green

Code Name: "Calming Typhoon"

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nero is fairly young-looking for his age, being of fine complexion and very impressive build, even as a completely normal mortal. His hair is moderate-length black and usually slicked back, with one or two rogue strands hanging over his face. He is always wearing glasses over his green eyes, though his eyesight seems to be average even without them. Noticeable of his facial features is a long, jagged scar running from his left eye to the bottom of his chin.

His usual outfit consists of a nondescript black business suit, with a black tie and white formal shirt underneath.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nero is cold and detached, taking an intelligent angle to any situation. He takes any opportunity that will provide profit to himself, and will use any methods necessary to do so. He rarely reveals personal information about himself, regarding it as highly unprofessional, though there is likely more to him than meets the eye…

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A closely held secret...

Member of the Spiritual World Organization of Reintigration and Defense.

Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tools:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Head
    Tracker: These pair of glasses allow a refined ability to detect spiritual pressure and/or reiatsu, also seeing through anti-detection abilities such as Kyakko.
    Scanner: These pair of glasses have an intelligent computer that recognizes patterns and analyzes opponents for their weak points.

Shoulders/Back
    Glider: This tool drastically increases Nero's ability to jump, increasing his upward velocity. It also slows his falling speed, for a small but consistent flow of spiritrons. It's worn on a harness, on Nero's back, creating an ethereal pair of wings with each use.

Arms
    Shield: This armband uses the spiritrons from the spirit shock glove, producing a large wall-like barrier in front of Nero. The shield is more or less powerful depending on how much power is put into it. It can also create a temporary, but stronger stationary barrier.
    Grapple: This armband uses spiritrons to create a strong spiritual chain that Nero usually uses to cling to surfaces, like, well, a grappling hook. He can also release them when clinging to enemies to bind them for a short period of time.
    Impact Bracer: When this brace is activated, it generates armor that covers Nero's entire arm, providing a damage boost to his punches. In addition, it is installed with a Counter Dial, so the impact of any physical blows is stored inside, and can be used at will to add even more devastation.

Hands
    Spirit Shock: The basic tool in Nero's fighting style. Harnessing power similar in theory to a seele schneider, this unique glove steals spiritrons from the air as well as opponents, physically draining them, and storing it in the glove for use with his other tools. It glows red when in use.
    Spirit Revitalizer: This glove duplicates the effects of shinigami healing kido.

Waist
    Stealth Belt: This belt duplicates the effect of kyakko.

Feet
    Jet Shoes: These boots drastically increase Nero's speed, duplicating the effect of Shunpo/Sonido/Hirenyaku.

Weapons:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Melee:
    Beam Sword: Functionally, this is a modified (and fairly weaker) Steele Schneider with a bit wider blade, intended for full use as a melee weapon in the hands of the less spiritually talented. It absorbs reishi from both the spirit shock glove, as well as the surroundings and those it strikes.

Hand Weaponry:
    Revolver: Nero occasionally carries a twin set of Colt Anacondas that have been modified with spiritual technology to be able to manipulate spiritual energy as a supplementary force to normal bullets, or to actually create bullets.

Hand Cannon: Essentially a compact cannon that can be held in one hand, firing shrapnel over a short range, or a concentrated spiritual bomb.

Heavy Weaponry:
    M-137: A handheld, if bulky, gatling gun. Can either be supplied with bullets, or a spirit dial.

M-3: A flamethrower that can have a spirit dial attached to supply energy. If an element dial is attached, depending on the element, it can create an alternative blast.

Laser Rifle: This futuristic-looking cannon can only be fired with a sufficient amount of spiritual energy. It creates a long wave of destructive energy depending on how long it's charged.

Brant SRL: A large gun with a long, glowing barrel, reminiscent of a rocket launcher. Fires rockets that absorb reiatsu to create an explosion. While it scales with stronger opponents, it caps at about the level of a mid-level kido without incantation.

Dials:
    Nero, as Agent 01, has full access to dials, and usually changes his arsenal around to keep from getting too predictable.

Battle Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Physical Strength: 20 (Nero's strength is top-notch for a mortal; which isn't much to say in comparison to most other spiritual beings.)
    Offense: 40 (Nero's skill and experience in assassinations has given him a wide array of offensive skills.)
    Defense: 40 (Nero's skill doesn't just translate to offensive prowess; he holds an equal level of skill in fending off blows.)
    Mobility: 40 (While aided by his tools, Nero's mobility is certainly suited to the effects of "shunpo".)
    Intelligence: 100 (Nero is a brilliant strategist and assassin; in most cases, even one who doesn't fight on his terms is guaranteed a dangerous fight.)
    Reiatsu: 5 (Nero is spiritually aware, but has no powers of his own; his tools provide all of his spiritual weaponry.)
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Okay, berry says he has wrapped up his stuff for his MW kid.

Do any other MW kids from "the gym fight" have anything they need to do? Or can we go ahead and skip forward?

If no one objects, I'd vote we move forward in roughly 24 hours, possibly less, depending on where everybody stands on things.

And again, I strongly urge that we just skip to "arriving at the temple".

26. - Top - End - #806
    Barbarian in the Playground

It was a general plea. I realize Alysha's busy.

In Akio's defense there was absolutely nothing prior to Frozen's comment that would signify the Kido moving past a target. Nor was there anything in my post saying that Allen was right there. Frozen added dramatic tension.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

27. - Top - End - #807
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ah, sorry for being innactive lately. I didn't read to check if someone found it already, but I know I made a division description somewhere. If need be, I can dig it up.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ettin in the Playground

then i would be willing to perhaps work on a different character and wait with this character.
    I know I haven't chipped in too much on your guy yet, but looking back I'm going to give the best advice that I can possibly give. And that is what you just said.

You seem to have a fair bit of attachment to this character (which is good!) and have some goals and placements in mind for him (also good) so keep in mind that I give this advice strictly to help you out.

Maybe it's best that you put this character on the back-burner, create one fresh off the canvas (so to speak) until you get to know the community better and how this game is run. This has the added benefit that you'll be able to wait and see if one of the captaincy spots open up from leaving/absentee player rather then having to demote your guy.

Just a suggestion though so if you'd rather not then we'll, of course, help you out.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, berry says he has wrapped up his stuff for his MW kid.

Do any other MW kids from "the gym fight" have anything they need to do? Or can we go ahead and skip forward?

If no one objects, I'd vote we move forward in roughly 24 hours, possibly less, depending on where everybody stands on things.

And again, I strongly urge that we just skip to "arriving at the temple".
    I'm gonna put up my planned Kina post right now, then we can skip.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    Ah, sorry for being innactive lately. I didn't read to check if someone found it already, but I know I made a division description somewhere. If need be, I can dig it up.
    What would be better is if you put it in your character registry post, for easy and quick reference.

So yes, please do dig it up.