New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 12

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    "Nuh-uh! No way Magatsu-sama would lose to you!"

...You'd better not lose to him, Magatsu-sama.
    "...Seriously, where do you pick these kids up? Hopeful Inc.?"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "...Seriously, where do you pick these kids up? Hopeful Inc.?"
    Now now, Soushi. Don't let them get to you. You've clearly demonstrated your skills in the past. Besides, you owe me a report and 2 tactical simulation summaries by tomorrow. How are those coming along, hm?
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    "Temple clad in blue knives, the chariot leaves by the south gate. March past the pillars bearing spears!"

Yes, I just threw random words together.
    I've got one.

"The earth is mine temple, the fire my power. Lend me your majestic powers gaia!"

Kido Chants are fun. It's even more amusing to think them up for everyday household objects.

Guess the Object!

"Your tip black as night, your end is the purest white. The powers you transfer to me shall not be wasted!"
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I like Prime's better. No offense, Terry.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

I am currently suffering from severe emotional stress right now, so I'm going to be taking a 3-4 day break from the boards until I can put my life back together.

Until I return:
    horngeek has DM privilege over Taiki Takahashi.
    nothingclever has DM privilege over Kina Yoshimoto.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ogre in the Playground

Be well, and come back soon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Now now, Soushi. Don't let them get to you. You've clearly demonstrated your skills in the past. Besides, you owe me a report and 2 tactical simulation summaries by tomorrow. How are those coming along, hm?
    "You mean those three jackets I left by your desk fifteen minutes ago, Masaru-taichou? Those were a cinch. I should probably tone down the amount of diversionary tactics in them, but we need to make up for our diminished numbers tactically."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #1058

I like Prime's better. No offense, Terry.
    You see this?

This is my unsurprised face.

Because I am unsurprised.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    You see this?

This is my unsurprised face.

Because I am unsurprised.
    *throws a wombat at Terry*
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    *throws a wombat at Terry*
    Heh. I remember the story of how a wombat chased one of my teachers.

Good times.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #1061

Reposting the character, made a few changes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Zaluxa (Zay-lux-a)
    Race: Shinigami

Looks:

Spoiler
    Show
    Zaluxa is of average height and build. She has brown hair that falls to waist length, though she usually ties it in a ponytail so it only reaches just past her shoulders. Her eyes are of a dark gold color. She tends to wear loose fitting, long clothes. Usually cloth pants and long sleeved shirts. She also wears a golden hair ornament in the shape of a single flame. This is worn right where her hair is tied. Her expression is usually a smirk of some kind, as if she were planning bad things.

Personality:

Spoiler
    Show
    Zaluxa is a schemer. She takes pride in the fact that she has the means to seeing an end to Hollows. She is not one to give mercy often, and always prefers to kill her opponents, instead of capturing them. This goes for any opponent, be they Hollow, Shinigami, or Mortal. She isn't one to question the motives of others, as she really doesn't care. If she deems somebody as having done wrong, then, to her, the only option is termination. This didn't sit well with others when she was a part of the Soul Society.

History:

Spoiler
    Show
    Zaluxa was a former member of the 11th Division. She rose quickly through the ranks, showing much skill with both Hado and her Zanpakuto. However, she was often found acting without orders, simply going off on her own and doing what she thought of as the appropriate way to deal with the targets. She was reprimanded often, and demoted many times. Eventually, she left the Gotei 13. Not long after that, she left the Soul Society, seeking to find her own means of carrying out what she thought was justice.

She has been living in the Mortal World for a little over fifty years now.

Zanpakuto:

Spoiler
    Show
    -Hi no Ikari (Rage of Fire)

When sealed, her Zanpakuto is similar to a standard katana. The guard takes the shape of the flame ornament in her hair, and the wrapping on the hilt is a red leather.

- Zampakuto Spirit: Hi no Ikari himself takes the form of a large, dark red, Asian-style dragon.

- Inner World: Her inner world is a very large, underground cavern. It is lit by many bright green crystals that are scattered everywhere. The cavern has no entrances, so one cannot leave it.

- Shikai: Destroy the enemy, Hi no Ikari!

When released, her zanpakuto seems to become bright blue flames. One end moves out from her hand, while the other moves up her sleeve, only to reappear out of her other sleeve and stretch out. The flames then die out to reveal its Shikai form.

In its released state, Hi no Ikari takes the form of a pair of ten-foot long chains, each with ten small blades attached to them. Each blade can swivel freely on its attachment point. The chains measure ten feet from Zaluxa's hands, though they seem to also travel up her sleeves. The chains stay out until she reseals her zanpakuto.

When released, Hi no Ikari not only gives Zaluxa ranged melee capabilities, but it also increases the power of her Hado. The blades on the chains are able to penetrate into any surface, allowing Zaluxa to use them to grab onto anything. However, they cannot penetrate into a barrier made from any kind of energy. Zaluxa can mentally control the movement of each chain. When she fights, she swings her arms in addition to controlling their movement. This allows her to put more power into each strike.

Abilities:

Spoiler
    Show
    Zaluxa is fairly skilled in a few kinds of martial arts, allowing her to fist fight when she needs to.

She is also skilled in Hado, though she only prefers the use of a few select spells. She tends to use the quick casts over the more powerful ones. All of her fire spells produce blue flames, though they perform just like the normal version would.

- 4. Byakurai
    - 11. Tsuzuri Raiden
    - 12. Soren Byakurai
    - 31. Shakkaho
    - 33. Sokatsui
    - 54. Haien
    - 63. Soren Sokatsui

--------------------------------------------------------------

Also, possible new Hado that Zaluxa would use.

Spoiler
    Show

#34 - Fiery Whip
    Creates a long, thin strand of fiery energy. The user can use it as a whip for about a minute before it fades.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, I posted Shou to the registry. He should be showing up soon. Fear for your persimmons; he will eat them all. Adorably.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ettin in the Playground

Kerfuffle, your character looks fine to me. *adds Zaluxa to Hachirou's must meet list.* > : D

Wahrheit, I have suggestion for you: could you PM Artemis Dreamer and see if you can get a plot going with Naruhi Ziha? Poor Naruhi missed the Joint-Ops, and has been pretty isolated from the rest of the cast due to lack of 9th division players until now. Artemis is a great writer, so I think it'd be nice to throw a bone for her.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Pixie in the Playground

ok, let's try again.

I shortened much of it, though i am not throwing away everything else. But i tried to condense it for more quick reading.

the History section is still long (but way shorter than before...and to be honest, the dude is old so his history is longer)

please post your thoughts for consideration. If there are things that i would HAVE to change please tell me

Hirokatsu Goto, Vice Captain of the 9th Division
    Spoiler
    Show

Goto Hirokatsu (family, given)

Vital Stats:
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 165lbs.
    Hair:
    Has dark black hair tied back in a kind of traditional short pony tail off the back of his head which goes upwards, with big long black eyebrows and a long moustache along with a slight curled and turned up chin beard. Grey hair has started to invade his temples and moustache and eyebrows.
    Skin:
    Has skin which has been tanned quite dark before, though has faded over time to be somewhat less than tan due to his Shinigami duties keeping him indoors.
    Eyes:
    Light blue and almost silvery in hue
    Reiatsu:
    Dark black thick reiatsu which is heavier than normal for those in its presence
    Vice Captain of the 9th Division

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

Traditional Shinigami male, wears a short black haori with a purple inner lining over his short sleeved black Shinigami robes, which both cover tattoos on his upper body and arms showing images of beautiful women, flowers, fresh fruit and other things which embody the concept of “vanitas”. He wears his Vice Captains badge wrapped snugly around the left side of his white Shinigami belt. He carries an open Japanese umbrella (Bangasa) whenever he goes outside day and night, keeping the umbrella tilted in such a way that it occludes his eyes and face from whomever he chooses He wears black rimmed glasses, and is never found without sheets of paper and pen+ink/pencil inside of his robes.

He is rarely seen rushing anywhere, yet is never late for anything. His voice is soft and smooth, yet no one ever mishears him. He has beautiful eyes, yet hides them from all but a chosen few people. When not on a mission, he can be found doing paperwork in his Division barracks, in the Shinigami Archive, at the Shinigami Academy teaching courses (including "Paperwork and the Art of Note Taking", "Advanced Calligraphy"), or at his family’s residence in the Rukongai 15th District training his family members. It is rare to find Hirokatsu taking personal time for relaxing with others, as he is not a very social man, and it is even rarer to find him training, he works very hard to keep his Zanpaktou training private.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hirokatsu is an embodiment of familial duty and brings that characteristic to his duties in the Gotei 13. He values trust and loyalty over most any other thing and while laws can be changed, they are to be followed until that time. He demands respect and honor for himself and of his subordinates onto others and will not often let even the smallest moment of disrespect go unpunished (especially when referring to the way in which Shinigami refer to their superiors). He is very intelligent and spent time on Earth before he entered the Shinigami Academy, though much of it outside of Japan.

He did not join the Shinigami Academy until later in his life while in the Soul Society per his familial dogma, so was and is very more aged than most of his peers in his Academy class. His desire for organization, truth and accuracy led him to being promoted from the 1st Div. to the 9th Division Vice-Captaincy where he has worked diligently with his new Captain to make the 9th Division and its reconnaissance duties efficient and forward thinking. As head of the Goto family (not a noble house, but a respected one) he also carries much responsibility and care for his own family and their well being, to the point where he still travels to the family residence each month to deal with family business.

Hirokatsu will never be found drinking or eating anything that did not come personally from his family’s homestead (he carries tea and small foods with him in his pockets). He also is rarely seen being treated by the 4th Division when receiving injuries, choosing to heal on his own unless the situation is dire. A constant fear of poisoning and/or trickery has led Hirokatsu to be less than trusting when it comes to his personal well being, something which can at times seem hypocritical for someone who demands such trust from his subordinates and peers.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hirokatsu Goto is a typical and yet not so typical member of the Goto family (a very highly respected non-noble family within the Rukongai’s 15th District whom keep to themselves for the most part). While he on the one hand is much like all the other male members of the family (for some reason no women from the Goto family ever make it to SS), receiving many years of training in the their family’s residence waiting in line to become the next member of the Goto family to be in the Gotei (the family has strange dogma concerning membership in the Gotei only allowing one member to be in it at a time), but on the other hand he is very unlike many of the others as his spiritual power is much higher than any other in the Goto known history, which has helped get him rise to Vice Captain (no other Goto members achieving a rank that high ever).

He knows little to nothing of his time on Earth before coming to Soul Society, and he was found by his family on his first day he appeared in Soul Society. He trained for 300+ years at the Goto residence in subjects like; law, history, etiquette, basic physical and combat training, spiritual awareness, tactics, writing, etc., before advancing in his family’s line of succession to the Gotei 13 to 2nd in line where he was given a Goto family ancient gift. This gift is of access to a special Senkei Gate, communication device, and special Reiatsu hiding Gigai, which has been passed down through generations of the Goto family and is to be used by the 2nd in line (only), to travel to the Earth realm to study and observe until they are to move to the 1st in line (having to report in every day with the communicator and physically come back once a month). This gift was given to them by an ancient and powerful Captain Commander of Gotei 13, who had a connection to the Goto family and would often use them for guidance during his reign (many believe the high respect the Goto family still retain comes from this ancient relationship).

On Earth, Hirokatsu traveled far and wide for about 50 years, not spending much time in Japan, until a tragedy occurred killing the 1st in line and the current Goto Shinigami which forced Hirokatsu to be moved straight from 2nd in line into the Shinigami Academy. On Earth Hirokatsu learned of this before a communication was sent out because a Japanese umbrella he was holding in his hand got extremely heavy, and as Goto legend says “the spirit of the Goto family passed on” (which has something to do with an ancient relic of the Goto family which lies hidden in a secret place within the Goto family residence that stores the collected knowledge, experiences, and even personality of each Goto family member while they are in Soul Society) of the, which into Hirokatsu and his Zanpaktou (which became the umbrella as he did not carry a sword on Earth for it to pass into).

Being rushed back to Soul Society and into the Shinigami Academy was a frantic and painful moment in Hirokatsu’s life but he soon rose above it. He excelled greatly in most courses at the Academy, and despite his social insecurities (being much older than the others, and arriving midterm) he finished his schooling in about 1+1/2 years, which is a testament to the Goto family education he received. He struggled in Kido more than many, but as was the case and still is this case to this day, Hirokatsu found ways to excel despite whatever deficiencies placed in front of him (such as him being considered a “prodigal master” of Bakudo #4 Crawling Rope despite his ineffectiveness in most other Kido).

He graduated into the 1st Division (like every other Goto family member before him), and worked hard in his duties, going above and beyond more often than not. After many years of hard work, he was promoted to 3rd Seat of the 1st Division, upon which his family celebrated him deeply culminating in him being named the Head of the Goto family. After this promotion Hirokatsu, became much more assertive with his observation and training with his Cpt Commander and Lt, learning as much as he could about leadership, as well as getting to know the rest of the Gotei 13 officers and various dignitaries (a unique and positive byproduct of being in the 1st Division).

After many years in service to the Cpt Commander and the 1st Division, Hirokatsu began to eye the vacant 9th Divison Vice Captaincy (due to the 9ths Recon and Intelligence duties, being very enticing to Hirokatsu), and while he never out loud shared his desire to move up into that spot, his tireless work, attention to detail, leadership qualities, and combat skills were validated to be worthy as he was thus promoted to the position to serve under the Captain (name here).

Hirokatsu has served many years as Vice Captain of the 9th Division, continually striving to keep it moving forward and become more efficient. He happily does practically all of the paperwork for his Captain, and motivates the lower seated members to keep up with theirs as well. He allows no disrespect of his Captain to be made, and is quick to reprimand any Shinigami whom shows it in any way. Hirokatsu continues to be a model Shinigami in the Gotei, balancing familial and Gotei duties with an outwardly apparent ease. While few have negative things to say of Hirokatsu, some Shinigami fear Hirokatsu and his fellow recon/intelligence officers and the seemingly endless amounts of eyes and ears they have in the Seretei. This has led to Hirokatsu not being invited very often to social events and a general air of worry or suspicion exists when others are around him, this of course becomes a rather positive side effect for Hirokatsu and his temperment.

Zanpaktou "Goto"
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanpaktou Spirit:
    Spoiler
    Show

The form of "Goto" is that of a human-like form wearing an impossibly black cloak which extends far behind like a watery shadow, which reaches out and darkens the area all around it. Underneath the cloak is a bright yellow-white light, which radiates out when and where the cloak is open, the face and body areas are where it is often seen to radiate. Two small black slit eyes can be seen in the light near the "head". Goto is much faster than it seems and has no constant solid form, begin able to collapse into the ground and then reform in other places. Goto strikes with its cloak which as often as it is pliable and soft, can be hard and sharp as well.

Goto first spoke with Hirokatsu in a very strong tone, though as Hirokatsu trained their conversations became calmer as Goto came to realize Hirokatsu was fulfilling his potential in power and mind. Though as they spoke more at length Hirokatsu came to learn he could communicate with the past members of the Goto family, using Goto as a conduit to speak through. (This communication only achievable after intense training and focus, resulting in the Goto spirit allowing Hirokatsu access to the ancient Goto family relic which contains the collected shared knowledge, experience, personality of each Goto family member during their time in Soul Society. Also, this information seems to degrade in its ease of access as time passes, the most recent members being easier to communicate with and the more ancient the less easy and the less information being able access, all of which depending on the power level of the user trying to access it).

Inner World:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hirokatsu's Inner World is a bleak white place devoid of all color, a vast expanse with no hills or inclines. It is an infinite expanse allowing for no perception of distance travelled or time spent, only a high white sun against a white sky at the top of its path (like high noon) could be seen, though no matter how far travelled in the world the sun was still at the top of the sky. The only "form" in the expanse is Goto himself, whose voice can be heard at any point in the world.

Early on Hirokatsu was not sure Goto had a form at all, but after much time spent in the inner world searching the seemingly empty place he came across Goto. Goto explained how he was always close form the first time he entered the inner world, but only after Hirokatsu accepted that the ends of finding Goto was not the point of the inner world, endeavor TO search was the point, and once this was apparent to Hirokatsu would Goto appear, who appeared by slowly closing his black cloak around the sun and floated down, the white sky being the inside of the cloak, this then revealed a black sky filled with stars offset against the white ground.

Sealed state physical appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

More than any other characteristic, Hirokatsu's zanpaktuo "Goto" in its sealed form, a traditional Japanese umbrella (Bangasa), is undeniably Hirokatsu's most identifiable trademark. Goto is a family Zanpaktuo and as legend says, its core spirit is passed down from one user to the next, though is itself unique to each family user in every way (powers, strength, manifestation, etc).

While the umbrella is its primary look, and as such functions as a typical umbrella, the Zanpaktou's blade is hidden in its hilt and is housed in the shaft of the umbrella making it serve as an unconventional sheath. A small skull adorns the hilt of the umbrella/sword and the double edged blade itself is slender and has a flat sharpened tip. The structure of the normally wooden umbrella is a pale bone material with an extremely durable (never seen to be break or flake) black rice paper top with a white edge.

The shadow the umbrella casts is strangely darker than normal, occluding Hirokatsu’s facial features and eyes especially, something Hirokatsu emphasizes often for effect. While rare that anyone else would be underneath it, if so they would hear very faint almost eerie voices speaking indiscernible words.

Sealed state fighting style:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hirokatsu rarely fights and only in the rarest of cases has he even drawn his sword. His fighting style when in sealed form is one based on surprise, speed, and effectiveness. When in its closed form, Hirokatsu uses his umbrella like a wooden practice katana (Bokken), and is often seen in his barracks practicing sword techniques with his umbrella closed. When he would have his umbrella open, he would tend to use it more like a shield, using its large surface area to block and deflect attacks. On the very rare occasions where he will draw his sword from the umbrella's hilt, Hirokatsu will fight in a very light and almost acrobatic way, using his umbrella as a balancing tool at times giving him the ability to strike from odd angles. A two handed fighting style, whether opened or closed, his "sheath" umbrella would be in his left hand and is used for parrying and blocking, while his long slender double edged sword is used for offense.

A signature move (insert fancy name here) Hirokatsu perfected, is when he will use the drawing motion of the umbrella opening up in front of an opponent as a screen for pulling out the blade in the hilt, which Hirokatsu would use to strike with before the opponent knew he had drawn his blade.

Sealed state special ability:
    Spoiler
    Show

Other than being extremely durable as an umbrella, the Goto spirit also made the umbrella serve another purpose for Hirokatsu. As many would know, Hirokatsu, whether in daytime or night time would keep his umbrella over his head, and many believe that this is just a curious quirk of Hirokatsu, but in fact he did this for a very important reason. Hirokatsu’s umbrella is the sheath for his Zanpaktou, and as such it is a part of his Zanpaktou and its powers. Even in its sealed form it carries a unique qualities/power.

The power it has is the ability to help focus and direct Hirokatsu’s spiritual pressure, and instead of keeping it inside him all the time Hirokatsu has learned that he can release his heavy spiritual pressure freely around him, and if his umbrella is open above him, it will not spill out onto anyone else. Hirokatsu uses this as a kind of ongoing training for himself (it does not conceal all of his reiatsu and as such he is sensed normally by others but only as a fraction of his total power). Much like wearing weights on your legs to build strength and speed, Hirokatsu uses his heavy spiritual pressure under his umbrella to do the same with his whole body. Hirokatsu’s high Hoho is thought to be result of this, as well as his slow pace in normal situations. He also uses this change of pace in weight and speed difference as a combat tactic.

When the umbrella, is closed Hirokatsu can control his spiritual pressure as would any other Shinigami (indoors Hirokatsu always keep his umbrella shut and controls his reiatsu normally), however he has shown the ability to let it be loose and use his Reiryoku to control it in various ways.

General Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanjutsu:
    Spoiler
    Show

As a Vice Captain of the Gotei 13, Hirokatsu’s prowess with the sword is at a high level compared to most of other 1000’s of Shinigami, but compared to other Vice Captains he is not of the upper echelon with regards to pure swordsmanship, and tends to use his other skills or talents/tricks to diminish this inferiority on the battlefield. He tends to look for small effective strikes with his sword rather than use brute strength to take down an opponent, something of which Hirokatsu is definitely lacking in.

Hakuda:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hirokatsu has minor skill with hand to hand combat, and only his high spiritual power tends to enhance his skill in hand to hand combat. While being unarmed he is of little combat use outside of his limited kido talents, he is rarely found unarmed and his high degree of skill with his closed umbrella as a cane or stick weapon makes up for his lack of hand to hand combat skill in times where a sword's edge is not needed.

Hoho:
    Spoiler
    Show

For all his limitations in other abilities, speed is not one for Hirokatsu. Though it would be tough to believe due to the slowness with which Hirokatsu walks and moves in general, Hirokatsu is perhaps the one of the fastest Shinigami in the Gotei, eclipsed only by Captains and perhaps a few others. His shunpo tends to not leave even a blur when he moves with it, and dust remains practically unmoved by his speed (depending on the perception skill of those viewing). He is able to surprise and strike those of similar rank and higher even at in their heightened state of awareness during battle. (basically he is as fast or faster than other VC's and potentially faster than a very slow Cpt)

Kido:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hirokatsu’s skill with Kido has always been something he strived to better himself at, though through all his past and continued hard work at it, he struggles to this day. Still a master of Bakudo #14 “Crawling Rope”, as he was in the academy, he is far from a master at all but the most basic Kido techniques. He has the knowledge and spiritual pressure to perform all the highest Kido spells, but he lacks consistency with his incantations and control of them so he is wary to attempt them. It is a sore subject for Hirokatsu and one he tries his hardest to rise above, going as far as requesting private lessons from the Kido Corps to help him.

Reiryoku:
    Spoiler
    Show

While Hirokatsu often gives off a demeanor of frailty or gentleness, being a Vice Captain his spiritual power is vast and heavy at times, yet he has shown a remarkable control of it and perhaps an even greater acute sensitivity for it.

Hirokatsu has shown a greatly heightened ability to control his Spiritual pressure outside the normal use. Hirokatsu is able to control it and use it in its raw state (manifested as a thick black rain like reiatsu) in a variety of ways, such as: using it to press down on the shoulders of lower ranked Shinigami to punish them for disobedience, using it to strengthen his voice for emphasis, and even once in a small barracks fire he expanded his spiritual pressure around him and pressed down on the air itself to extinguish the flames by pushing the oxygen out of the area.

He has also shown an extremely high sensitivity to Reiatsu, being able to sense subtle changes in it within his immediate vicinity and even over vast areas when in deep focus. He has shown the ability to sense out the comings and goings of individual Shinigami when needed (if close enough), though this ability seems lessened greatly when such individuals are less known by Hirokatsu (i.e. the more he has been around you the better he can sense you).
    (to do this Hirokatsu must be still and focusing, the exact distance of this is somewhere around 2.5miles out in a direction from his standing point, if moving it is cut down to 1/4 the distance and in a run it is 1/16th, due to not being able to concentrate clearly enough when moving. Also, at the sensing information received is more clear the closer the individual is to Hirokatsu, at the extreme distances it will always be vague.)

Hirokatsu spends much of his personal time in training in this endeavor, often standing at the Barracks window with his eyes closed reaching out to the Seretei feeling out the changes in spiritual pressure ebb and flow.

Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show

Command:
    Spoiler
    Show

“Bring forth the aid of the heavens…Goto!!”

Shikai state physical appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

After the command phrase is said, a flash of heavy black reiatsu comes crashing down over Hirokatsu enveloping him with a deep boom for a short time then the darkness would dissipate slowly to reveal Hirokatsu and the new form his Zanpaktou has taken.

“Heavenly Protection”(shield)
    Swirling black reiatsu will remain for a few moments longer around his left forearm where his umbrella “sheath” once was held; instead a shield of bone is now seen. In the center, a large flat skull extending from wrist to elbow sits. Protruding equally around its edge are 1ft long bones with a small skulls at the end of them. The brownish colored bones are somewhat gnarled and uneven though do not look brittle, the deep black eyes and mouths of the skulls seem endlessly deep.

“Heavenly Redemption” (sword)
    Swirling reiatsu swirls around his right hand and dissipates to reveal the new form of his blade. Held backwards normally (blade against his forearm), the Goto Zanpaktou has changed from a long and slender flat ended sword into a very short, flat ended, wide blade extending just past his elbow in length. About 6 inches in width, yet extremely thin, it look like a rectangle sharpened on all four sides as it sits in its boney handle/grip. A rather unnerving look, it likens itself more to a meat cleaver than a traditional sword. The handle/grip are bone just like the bones on the shield on his left forearm, a small skull adorns the hilt the total length of the grip being around 1ft making the entire sword around 2+1/2 ft long.

Shikai state fighting style:
    Spoiler
    Show

Based on the Okinawa Kobudo weapon, “Tinbe-Rochin” or (small shield and slashing spear), the fighting style Hirokatsu employs while in this form is one based on speed, endurance, agility. Small, fast strikes, combined with deflecting and quick counter attacks is the means by which Hirokatsu fights most of his battles. Striking appendages, as well as the neck and other vital areas with small cuts is Hirokatsu’s normal style as it suits the unique power of his Zanpaktou. He uses his speed to stay away from large foes then uses his endurance and shield to absorb and deflect attacks, and finally using his quickness to make quick strikes in vital places.

While this is his main fighting style, Hirokatsu will employ a more traditional fighting style if the situation dictates. He rarely trains his division members while in his Shikai form, though when a student has shown the need for that type of training he will oblige. It is rare for Hirokatsu to even go into his Shikai state let alone use its unique power.

Also of note is that Hirokatsu tends not to wear his black haori when in Shikai, removing it before hand, usually folding it neatly and handing it to a subordinate to keep safe. Though he has been seen to remove it quickly as a means to conceal his movement or surprise his opponent. As was stated earlier, his under Shinigami robe sleeves are cut very short towards the shoulder, which furthers his flexibility in his fighting style while in Shikai.

Shikai state special ability:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hirokatsu’s Shikai ability is one of uniqueness in the archives of zanpaktou powers in the Gotei. His zanapktou is “family” based when he talks of it to the few who would be allowed to hear of it, but the matter of truth to it is that his zanapktou is a “time” based zanpaktuo, and the Shikai ability it reflects that.

When the Zanpakuto strikes a foe the first strike is nothing but just that, a first strike of whatever strength however minimal. However, each subsequent strike after that is where the true power of the Goto Zanpakuto exists. As the 2nd strike connects, it connects just as the first strike did, at whatever strength large or small on the foe. However, as the 2nd strike connects, the 1st strike will re-strike the foe without Hirokatsu having to do so physically, a simple one inch deep cut to an arm for the first strike becomes a two inch deep cut on the second hit, etc etc. The 3rd strike much the same, except when it strikes both the 1st and the 2nd strike will re-strike the foe. This continues with each subsequent strike until the foe is vanquished or retreats beyond the reach of Hirokatsu’s spiritual power.

In essence each strike no matter how small can become deadly. Hirokatsu needs only make any strike to recreate earlier strikes. This power is one which allows its foe to see the pain of their actions, to see the consequences before they continue. The enemy must constantly be reevaluating their course of action, do they choose life by retreating or continue and to almost certain death and dismemberment. Hirokatsu has trained to endure a long battle, his shield on his left arm can allow for even more protection, he has the agility and speed to make small cuts, and as such has learned for himself that he can endure the pain of watching someone kill them-self through their own course of action. It is a rather painful and brutal Zanpaktou, one that uses the power of the “family” to basically allow him to recreate his own history on a foe as long as the present continues its course of action.

For example:
    Hirokatsu sees an Arrancar, and makes a quick 1inch cut to his neck, only a scratch for the beefy Arrancar who recognized it was no killing blow and thus believed his opponent weak. Then as Hirokatsu’s next strike is deflected to only nick the upper leg of the Arrancar, the 1st strike re strikes on the same spot as before, that 1 inch cut now being two inches deep. Grasping his neck he thinks Hirokatsu having tricked him, and attacks wildly. Hirokatsu takes the brunt of the attack on his shield, and stabs up through his shield only striking very lightly on the forearm of the Arrancar. In a burst of blood from his neck, the 2 inch cut is now 3 inches and his upper leg wound has now deepened. Slowly figuring out what is happening the Arrancar now has a choice, continue and let his 8 inch thick neck and thus head be cut off in only 5 more weak strikes, or retreat and rethink his actions as hollow.

“Cleansing” a soul takes on an additional meaning with Hirokatsu’s Zanpakuto power, one of redemption. Destroying the Arrancar is a necessary end if the foe is unwilling to reconsider its choices and cleanse itself. For as brutal as this power is and can be, it is also perhaps the most compassionate and fair power to its foe.

("high speed regeneration (*and healing techniques) is able to negate some of the cumulative damage, depending on how fast it is while hierro is applied to each physcial strike and/and-not the 'cumulative damage'")

Bankai:
    (Achieved only within his inner world, unplayable and unusable in RP until allowed by the RP community)
    Spoiler
    Show

Bankai state physical appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

(Achieved only within his inner world, unplayable and unusable in RP until allowed by the RP community)

Bankai state fighting style:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bankai state special ability:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by HirokatsuGoto; 2010-10-18 at 10:22 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Wahrheit, I have suggestion for you: could you PM Artemis Dreamer and see if you can get a plot going with Naruhi Ziha? Poor Naruhi missed the Joint-Ops, and has been pretty isolated from the rest of the cast due to lack of 9th division players until now. Artemis is a great writer, so I think it'd be nice to throw a bone for her.
    Artemis hasn't logged in since exactly one month ago.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Halfling in the Playground

I've spoken to Artemis recently, Shades. She says she's quite interested in re-joining and will be back on soon (as in, today or tomorrow). She's just been taking a break to get some issues sorted out.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Just thought I'd FYI. The big reason I've been on so much and posting so often is because I've been unemployed, hence lots of free time. Not the best way to get it, but there you go.

Well, that changed today. I'm now set to start work on Monday. Which is great, but I'm warning everyone now, I'll likely only be able to post in the evenings my time (American CST), and even then only for a few hours.

So good news for me overall, but these next couple of days are my last few days of complete time-freedom.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Pixie in the Playground

Moon Wolf, I'm a little confused. Did Feiyan just ignore the axe kick to her back, or did her flip carry her over it?
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ettin in the Playground

I know she's not been on for a while. The point is to let her know there's now something to potentially get and keep her involved in the game. She's not impossible to contact, after all.

Also, about the wiki... because many people can't, or can't be bothered to, use it, it's lacking a ton of information that by all rights should be there. I want to remedy that, but I'm grasping for time - I have about five hours to reply for nine characters, and I'll be going to a scout camp for the week-end.

I already asked KD to help with "Differences of Canon" page. Now I'm asking for someone to help me find a) Zarah's backstory for Kujo and b) all parts of Innis's Kido Epic. The players have left, but their work was good enough that it deserves to be archived and impact the game. Another thing that badly needs doing is c) upload all existing Gotei Division and Las Noches sector descriptions and make sure they are linked to from all proper places. Last time I checked, more than half were missing.

First thing I'll be doing myself after I get my character posts done is a short Character creation guideline. HirakotsuGoto is right; we have many rules in place concerning it, but they aren't written down anywhere in coherent format. Because I suggested writing them down myself once when I argued with Sucrose way back, I feel it's my duty to remedy this situation.

Whether I get it done today is another thing all together.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Pixie in the Playground

congrats on the job..harder and harder nowadays to line one up...good luck with it

Just thought I'd FYI. The big reason I've been on so much and posting so often is because I've been unemployed, hence lots of free time. Not the best way to get it, but there you go.

Well, that changed today. I'm now set to start work on Monday. Which is great, but I'm warning everyone now, I'll likely only be able to post in the evenings my time (American CST), and even then only for a few hours.

So good news for me overall, but these next couple of days are my last few days of complete time-freedom.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ettin in the Playground

Just two things of your writing style that strike me as weird, Hirokatsu: why do you not use capital letters in OOC posts, and why do you put quotes at the bottom of your posts, instead of leaving them right above your reply? o.O

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Pixie in the Playground

as for OOC no capitals...good question...I dunno, i guess i just feel like OOC is less formal, so i tend to show it as casual, therefore not much attention to punctuation...

as for quotes at the bottom...i figure when i post something, that "my" words are what is first important...then the quote at the bottom is for reference to what i wrote about. kind of like footnotes at the bottom of pages for reference

if there is a writing or posting style that is required, please let me know what it is, so i can try to adapt.

My RP posts would never be written like OOC though if you are worried

Just two things of your writing style that strike me as weird, Hirokatsu: why do you not use capital letters in OOC posts, and why do you put quotes at the bottom of your posts, instead of leaving them right above your reply? o.O

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ettin in the Playground

It's mainly just that I'm very careful of punctuation myself (I view good punctuation as part of internet etiquette), and I initially thought you left quotes at the bottom by mistake, before noticing the habit persisted.

No, there aren't really any rules for formatting in the OOC, as long as people find your posts readable, and you get the point across. However, do consider that all others use quotes in different manner - if you feel your words are more important, you can always spoiler the quotes.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll toss Artemis a message as soon as I get out of class.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Notice for Mortal World Peoples

Because I'm not sure who we're waiting for, I'm going to post Kaito's actions next afternoon, and hope others start jumping into the bandwagon as well. I suggest all characters not involved in Sayaka's event start moving to the next day as well, to avoid prolonged chronological confusion.

To cover "wrap-up" of the various small plot-lines, I humbly suggest those who have such lines could split their posts, with a "Previous Evening" section and a "Present Afternoon" section, or something similar. A "flashback" sequence could also work. Up to you.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Pixie in the Playground

I have never really had a problem with other people's posting styles, so quotes before or after dont really bother me.

as fro internet etiquette, i understand your point..we just differ is all... i figure the more casual i am with my OOC posting, it gives me the ability to use punctuation as a means to emphasize or be MORE clear or professional... if i start off extremely professional all the time, i have nowhere up to go...

i like to be overly casual to keep it light...

if i am ever hard to read, let me know

It's mainly just that I'm very careful of punctuation myself (I view good punctuation as part of internet etiquette), and I initially thought you left quotes at the bottom by mistake, before noticing the habit persisted.

No, there aren't really any rules for formatting in the OOC, as long as people find your posts readable, and you get the point across. However, do consider that all others use quotes in different manner - if you feel your words are more important, you can always spoiler the quotes.

27. - Top - End - #1077

Okay, put Zaluxa in the registry. Also gave her the Hado I came up with. Also included a twin version.

If there's any problems with any of this, let me know.

Also, I think I'm going to go ahead and put my characters into the wiki.

...or, maybe not. Hmmm...it won't let me. Where do I enter the password?
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2010-10-14 at 03:46 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Orc in the Playground

Question: does the Venti Buon have a TV? And is it on?

I figured I might introduce Reiji to the cast by now.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ettin in the Playground

Eh, sure. Why not?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Halfling in the Playground

Right, so...

@Frozen: I'd be more than happy to help fill in the wiki, you can send me a PM with stuff that needs filling.

@Kanye: I assume the flip would've carried her over the kick, yes.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!