New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 12

You could look to canon bodysnatcher, Metastacia, for inspiration. You know, the one that killed Kaien Shiba. It also could posses a host, and turned a host more hollowish by time by eating them from the inside. When it left an old host, the hollowed body crumbled to dust.

What's more, Metastacia wasn't even a Menos, and hinted that possession of mortals is a faily standard Hollow ability. As such, I think your character would be just fine as a "traditional" Hollow.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Arrancarhood is not defined by the presence or absense of the mask either. But by a generally human appearance.

The mask "fragment" can be anything ranging from a spec of white dust glued to a random body part to a fully closed helmet (see, the canon Exequias).
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

There is the case of Nel and her Fraccion though...

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Arrancarhood is not defined by the presence or absense of the mask either. But by a generally human appearance..
    True, but being just a mask doesn't really fit that, either.

And what about Nel & Co, Prime?

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    And what about Nel & Co, Prime?
    Nel regressed to childhood when her mask fragment was damaged, while Pesche and Dondochakka had their masks torn off.

But then we have the guy who fought Hisagi who powers up by breaking off pieces of his mask.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-09-25 at 09:04 AM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Damn submit button, it's too close to preview one. -_-; Anyways, edited Elder's part to my Ep. 3 post.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, that only proves that each arrancar is unique in their mask-related weirdness.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #158
    Pixie in the Playground

KnightDisciple, I saw what you did there, and I approve very much.

I wish I had more chances for Firefly references.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here it is, first draft of him.

Aníbal Arriola, Arrancar Anomaly
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Aníbal Arriola
    Age: Brand-new as an Arrancar; was a Living Vizard as a mortal.
    Height: Varies
    Weight: Varies
    Reiatsu: Purple
    Eyes: Varies
    Hair: Varies
    Aspect of Death: Terror

Appearance: Aníbal takes the form of a plain, jagged Hollow mask detailed in black; it seems to form perfectly to any holder's face, and will remain in place with no effort on their part. The mask is the entirety of Aníbal's being currently.
    Spoiler
    Show

Personality: Aníbal is malicious, spiteful, vicious, and lives to survive long enough to one day consume every soul in both worlds. He sees almost everyone else as means to that end, though he will show them respect when necessary in the interest of self-preservation. He treats his hosts as well as he can, though, like a craftsman maintains his tools. Aníbal is very proud of his stealth ability, and enjoys the far-too-rare moments when he's able to offer just the right piece of information to make a system collapse.

General Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

With Host:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bala: Below average strength, but above-average firing speed. Aníbal can release hails of Bala that, while damaging, are usually better as a distractionary measure.

Cero: Aníbal's Cero are of average strength but an exceptionally wide arc (up to a full 90 degrees), though they take longer to charge than most.

Hierro: Average. It'll soften blows, but he'll still feel them.

Sonido: Above average. Aníbal can move fast enough to leave as many as three afterimages for one or two seconds.

Garganta: Below average. Aníbal has very little skill in moving between worlds and is rarely more accurate than what square mile area he wants to end up in.

Always Available:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pesquisa: Excellent. Aníbal has an extremely refined Pesquisa that can pinpoint sources of spiritual energy within a large radius. When in spiritually-rich areas, his Pesquisa can sometimes substitute for sight.

Voz Que Obliga (Compelling Voice): Aníbal has minor powers of suggestion, transmitted telepathically and wordlessly when not possessing a host. He can't flat-out give people orders and force them to obey, but he can give suggestions that, over time, sound mighty tempting... the less spiritual pressure the listener has, the more effective his suggestions.

Enmascare el Alma (Mask the Soul): When a being puts on Aníbal's mask, he can attempt to seize control of them and trap the unfortunate host as an observer in their own body. Possession is easier the less spiritual power a potential host has, though a difference can be counteracted if the host is wounded or exhausted. Once in control, Aníbal is difficult to dislodge. Victims significantly less powerful than Aníbal have almost no hope of expelling him without the help of another, and even then it's not easy. Victims of roughly equal strength can, with effort and when Aníbal has exerted himself, reclaim control of themselves for short periods of time, possibly eventually ejecting him from their body. Stronger hosts can regain control more frequently and can probably expel him on their own, given enough time. While in possession of a host, Aníbal can rummage through their memories. This is a slow process and highly distracting to him, giving his host an increased chance to regain control for a time. If his mask is broken while Aníbal has a host, the host regains control for the several days it takes a new mask to form; if he is expelled while still reforming his mask, Aníbal takes the form of a broken mask that slowly repairs itself over time.

Spiritual Camouflage: Aníbal is capable of disguising his reiatsu, rendering himself virtually undetectable to Pesquisa or other methods of sensing spiritual power. When in possession of a host, he can even dematerialize his mask for long periods of time, though this is tiring. This camouflage is not active when he uses any of his Hollow powers.

Zanpakuto: Cadáver de la Pesadilla (Corpse of the Nightmare)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sealed form: A plain steel-bladed katana with its grip wrapped in black shark skin. Its guard is a triangle with one point in the direction of the blade's edge and shines with deep purple-greys in the light.

Resurrección: "Recuerde, Cadáver de la Pesadilla!" (Remember, Corpse of the Nightmare!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

When released, Cadáver de la Pesadilla darkens into writhing shadows that unravel and slither into Aníbal's arms, spreading darkness over him that then restores his Hollow form. The shadows comprising its body writhe with the vague forms and faces of the hosts he's taken. As usual for Arrancar, Aníbal's basic abilities all improve in his released form. However, due to his unusual state, Aníbal can maintain Resurrección for only a short time, after which he consumes the soul of his host to replenish himself, rendering the host worthless. After his release ends, Aníbal's host can still shuffle around similarly to a zombie for about an hour, after which it collapses dead and he is forced back into his mask alone to try snaring a new body.

Specific Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    El Bosque Más Allá de la Ciudad (The Wood Beyond the City): If he's willing to cut his release time in half, Aníbal's surroundings fade out to be replaced by a massive dome of reiatsu containing a dense, forbidding nighttime forest straight out of a horror movie, complete with very little moonlight. The Hollow reiatsu composing the forest interferes with the ability of those within to sense spiritual pressure, making it more difficult to keep track of Aníbal himself, and the landscape will passively hinder enemies within it (roots are at just the right height to trip, vines hang and entangle, etc). The other downside beyond reduced time released, however, is that such a large mass of reiatsu is blindingly obvious to anyone sensitive outside the dome and more or less forms a giant neon sign saying "HOLLOW HERE! RIGHT HERE!" On the other hand, such a mass of reiatsu nearby can help disguise other presences...

Lobos en el Bosque (Wolves in the Woods):
    Spoiler
    Show

Aníbal can create up to five shadowy, largely-amorphous "hounds" out of the darkness of his own body that proceed to act independently to pursue and harass his foes. The hounds are not particularly durable, nor are their teeth and claws actually very damaging. However, wounds inflicted by the Wolves feel far more severe than they actually are.

Encarcelamiento (Imprisonment): After charging time on par with a Cero, Aníbal's outstretched hand fires four arcing bolts that curve towards the target from multiple directions, making dodging them all a difficult prospect. Each bolt that strikes increases the effect of the attack. One bolt slows the target. Two bolts slow the target greatly and renders them unable to use Sonido, Hirenkyaku, Shunpo, or similar fast-movement abilities for a short time. Three bolts pin the target to the nearest solid object but leave them capable of some movement, similarly to Bakudo 30: Beak-Piercing Triple Beam. All four bolts utterly paralyze the target for a short time. Each of these effects is cumulative.

Segunda Etapa: None yet, and it'd be a long ways off.

If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry for being an insistent nitpick, but I still think he'd be better fluffed as an "ordinary" Hollow. XD Other than that, I don't have any objections. There's another Hollow with aspect of Fear (Cecilia, Sexta Espada), but besides that there is no overlap between the characters, so I think it should be fine.

If you decide to keep him an Arrancar, then one question rises: where does his sword come from when he possesses a person? Obviously he can't be carrying it with himself. And what happens to the blade if he's separated from it and turned back to a mask?

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

As there was no further OBJECTION!, Mitsurugi Reiji has been updated to the registry.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

I have a feeling Reiji could easily get tangled to either, or both, of Michiko's plot (Yakuza connections!), or Henry / Aki / Yui case, depending on how you'd feel about it. And whether something unexpected brings the two plots together. Muhaha!

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

Consider me interested! Tell me more.

To be honest, I'm completely out of the loop regarding Michiko's plot. The Angry Janitor plot was actually discussed somewhat at length when I was looking, but Michiko's plot was only mentioned in passing since I joined.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Michiko's plot is pretty simple: Michiko wants to know more of othr people like her. She's a Yakuza princess. Kidnapping or few might follow. It prolly ends with Michiko becoming a nicer person and befriending the other students.

Since Reiji has vested interest in throwing a wrench at Yakuza's plans, there's a ton of potential reasons why he might get involved on some level. He might spot a group of child medium and get interested, or someone (like Kaito's parents?) might hire him for legal defense someone else (Michiko? Michiko's dad??).

It's something you could brainstorm about with Callos. Reiji probably wouldn't be a "major" character in the plot, but it would serve to get him involved. ^_^

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

District attorneys in Japan serve a very unique position in that they can make or break a case all by themselves. Ideally, a district attorney will not so much as mount a case if he/she finds there's not enough evidence to support it (in this regard they're not very different from prosecution in other countries) or if he/she doesn't believe in the defendant's guilt. As a general rule, when it comes to the criminal process in Japan, the defendant is usually better off pleading guilty and hoping for a lighter sentence (interesting fact: the prosecuting phase and the sentencing phase are carried out separately in Japan. In both, the prosecutor and the defense attorney argue).

However, I'm not sure if district attorneys can serve as defense attorneys in Japan. (Most of the time, they'd simply not want to.)

I smell court law plawt.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

Is there a way for Zanpakuto spirits to interact with each other, per chance? Because I can see some interesting things happening with that.

Also, way back with the proposition of new powers on my end, sorry I haven't replied to them. I've been on cruise control lately, haven't really been thinking. I'll reply soon.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

Well, Soushi's might give your spirits the creeps...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Is there a way for Zanpakuto spirits to interact with each other, per chance? Because I can see some interesting things happening with that.
    I'm fairly certain we've said they generally can't. Manifestation is an intensive, personal experience which is only achieved when one is ready for Bankai. Far as I know, that's the only way for them to interact, and it just doesn't seem likely.
    The only other way would be for them to somehow enter the Inner World of someone else, but....I'd rather that not be possible, barring a very specific power that was intensely scrutinized.

And I would really, really, really, really rather not see a Muramasa expy in the game. Really.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    I don't think I have any objections, but I guess that's mostly because none of my characters have a kind of profile where they let out negative emotions when they fight. I think it could be interesting as long as you don't go overboard with it.

"Oooh, I noticed a hint of hatred there! Now my POWAH IS OVER 9000!"
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I'm kind of hesitant on it, mainly because "negative emotions" is a pretty vague trigger. But in Las Noches? He's guaranteed to get a humongous boost, no matter what. In the Mortal World? Seems almost guaranteed. Even though the wording suggests it's not always able to be active, unless his radius is fairly small, he'll always have some level of boost. I dunno. It almost seems like a false weakness or something; not that you're gaming the system, you're not. But part of it comes off like that to me. Might be paranoia, though.
    I think negative emotions are a bit too ubiquitous to qualify for unrestricted power boost. Maybe it could be an additional effect to Pico's Separate from the Herd (?) ability, so he'd get the boost from that single enemy?

Yeah. Part of the deal would be that Pico would have to essentially relearn this ability. So first, he would probably just get extra reiatsu and a boost to his cero and bala and stuff. Eventually, he'll come up with more and more applications for the reiatsu gained from this ability.

I like the idea that this could be an additional effect for Pico's Separate from the Herd ability, targeting a specific guy.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Contact Sato Hachirou, persuade him to let his Sword Spirit out, get trapped in barren desert with a black sun hanging overhead.

Oh, and bring friends.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry for being an insistent nitpick, but I still think he'd be better fluffed as an "ordinary" Hollow. XD Other than that, I don't have any objections. There's another Hollow with aspect of Fear (Cecilia, Sexta Espada), but besides that there is no overlap between the characters, so I think it should be fine.

If you decide to keep him an Arrancar, then one question rises: where does his sword come from when he possesses a person? Obviously he can't be carrying it with himself. And what happens to the blade if he's separated from it and turned back to a mask?
    I figured he might spontaneously generate one to serve as a vessel. However, here's a refluffed version I rather like, even with Recuerdo obviously being a Resurreccion with the numbers filed off. Also changed his Aspect, think this one might fit better. And apologies about the assonance. I couldn't resist.

Asdrubal Arriola, Arrancar-Aspiring Anomaly
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Asdrubal Arriola
    Age: Brand-new as a Hollow; was a Living Vizard as a mortal.
    Aspect of Death: Paranoia

Appearance: Asdrubal takes the form of a plain, jagged Hollow mask detailed in black; it seems to form perfectly to any holder's face, and will remain in place with no effort on their part. The mask is currently the entirety of Asdrubal's being.
    Spoiler
    Show

Personality: Asdrubal is malicious, spiteful, vicious, and lives to survive long enough to one day consume every soul in both worlds. He sees almost everyone else as means to that end, though he will show them respect when necessary in the interest of self-preservation. He treats his hosts as well as he can, though, like a craftsman maintains his tools. Asdrubal is very proud of his stealth ability, and enjoys the far-too-rare moments when he's able to offer just the right piece of information to make a system collapse. Deep down, however, Asdrubal is a paranoid, fearful being, aware and terrified of just how fragile his existence is. Almost everything he does is part of some scheme to assuage that fear, even his ultimate goal: by consuming everything, he can finally be sure that he's more than nothing.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Always Available:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pesquisa: Excellent. Asdrubal has an extremely refined Pesquisa that can pinpoint sources of spiritual energy within a large radius. When in spiritually-rich areas, his Pesquisa can sometimes substitute for sight.

Voz Que Obliga (Compelling Voice): Asdrubal has minor powers of suggestion, transmitted telepathically and wordlessly when not possessing a host. He can't flat-out give people orders and force them to obey, but he can give suggestions that, over time, sound mighty tempting... the less spiritual pressure the listener has, the more effective his suggestions.

Enmascare el Alma (Mask the Soul): When a being puts on Asdrubal's mask, he can attempt to seize control of them and trap the unfortunate host as an observer in their own body. Possession is easier the less spiritual power a potential host has, though a difference can be counteracted if the host is wounded or exhausted. Once in control, Asdrubal is difficult to dislodge. Victims significantly less powerful than Asdrubal have almost no hope of expelling him without the help of another, and even then it's not easy. Victims of roughly equal strength can, with effort and when Asdrubal has exerted himself, reclaim control of themselves for short periods of time, possibly eventually ejecting him from their body. Stronger hosts can regain control more frequently and can probably expel him on their own, given enough time. While in possession of a host, Asdrubal can rummage through their memories. This is a slow process and highly distracting to him, giving his host an increased chance to regain control for a time. If his mask is broken while Asdrubal has a host, the host regains control for the several days it takes a new mask to form; if he is expelled while still reforming his mask, Asdrubal takes the form of a broken mask that slowly repairs itself over time.

Spiritual Camouflage: Asdrubal is capable of disguising his reiatsu, rendering himself virtually undetectable to Pesquisa or other methods of sensing spiritual power. When in possession of a host, he can even dematerialize his mask for long periods of time, though this is tiring. This camouflage is not active when he uses any of his Hollow powers except for suggestion, possession, and Pesquisa.

With Host:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bala: Below average strength, but above-average firing speed. Asdrubal can release hails of Bala that, while damaging, are usually better as a distractionary measure.

Cero: Asdrubal's Cero are of average strength but an exceptionally wide arc (up to a full 90 degrees), though they take longer to charge than most.

Sonido: Above average. Asdrubal can move fast enough to leave as many as three afterimages for one or two seconds.

Garganta: Below average. Asdrubal has very little skill in moving between worlds and is rarely more accurate than what square mile area he wants to end up in.

Recuerdo (Remember):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Writhing shadows unravel and slither into Asdrubal's arms, spreading darkness over him that then briefly restores his full Hollow form. The shadows comprising its body writhe with the vague forms and faces of the hosts he's taken. Asdrubal's basic abilities all improve in this form. However, Asdrubal can maintain Recuerdo for only a short time, after which he consumes the soul of his host to replenish himself and renders the host worthless. After Recuerdo ends, Asdrubal's host can still shuffle around similarly to a zombie for about an hour, after which it collapses dead and he is forced back into his mask alone to try snaring a new body.

Specific Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    El Bosque Más Allá de la Ciudad (The Wood Beyond the City): If he's willing to cut his restored time in half, Asdrubal's surroundings fade out to be replaced by a massive dome of reiatsu containing a dense, forbidding nighttime forest straight out of a horror movie, complete with very little moonlight. The Hollow reiatsu composing the forest interferes with the ability of those within to sense spiritual pressure, making it more difficult to keep track of Asdrubal himself, and the landscape will passively hinder enemies within it (roots are at just the right height to trip, vines hang and entangle, etc). The other downside beyond reduced time in his true form, however, is that such a large mass of reiatsu is blindingly obvious to anyone sensitive outside the dome and more or less forms a giant neon sign saying "HOLLOW HERE! RIGHT HERE!" On the other hand, such a mass of reiatsu nearby can help disguise other presences...

Spoiler
    Show

Asdrubal can create up to five shadowy, largely-amorphous "hounds" out of the darkness of his own body that proceed to act independently to pursue and harass his foes. The hounds are not particularly durable, nor are their teeth and claws actually very damaging. However, wounds inflicted by the Wolves feel far more severe than they actually are. The hounds vanish when Recuerdo ends.

Encarcelamiento (Imprisonment): After charging time on par with a Cero, Asdrubal's outstretched hand fires four arcing bolts that curve towards the target from multiple directions, making dodging them all a difficult prospect. Each bolt that strikes increases the effect of the attack. One bolt slows the target. Two bolts slow the target greatly and renders them unable to use Sonido, Hirenkyaku, Shunpo, or similar fast-movement abilities for a short time. Three bolts pin the target to the nearest solid object but leave them capable of some movement, similarly to Bakudo 30: Beak-Piercing Triple Beam. All four bolts utterly paralyze the target for a short time. Each of these effects is cumulative.

EDIT: Changed Aspect, clarified first paragraph. Changed name, expanded personality, clarified camouflage.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-09-27 at 05:52 PM.

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    I figured he might spontaneously generate one to serve as a vessel. However, here's a refluffed version. Any ideas for what would be a suitable aspect of death for him other than Fear/Terror? And sorry for the assonance. I couldn't resist.

Aníbal Arriola, Arrancar-Aspiring Anomaly
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Aníbal Arriola
    Age: Brand-new as a Hollow; was a Living Vizard as a mortal.
    Aspect of Death: Terror

Appearance: Aníbal takes the form of a plain, jagged Hollow mask detailed in black; it seems to form perfectly to any holder's face, and will remain in place with no effort on their part. The mask is currently the entirety of Aníbal's being.
    Spoiler
    Show

Personality: Aníbal is malicious, spiteful, vicious, and lives to survive long enough to one day consume every soul in both worlds. He sees almost everyone else as means to that end, though he will show them respect when necessary in the interest of self-preservation. He treats his hosts as well as he can, though, like a craftsman maintains his tools. Aníbal is very proud of his stealth ability, and enjoys the far-too-rare moments when he's able to offer just the right piece of information to make a system collapse.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Always Available:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pesquisa: Excellent. Aníbal has an extremely refined Pesquisa that can pinpoint sources of spiritual energy within a large radius. When in spiritually-rich areas, his Pesquisa can sometimes substitute for sight.

Voz Que Obliga (Compelling Voice): Aníbal has minor powers of suggestion, transmitted telepathically and wordlessly when not possessing a host. He can't flat-out give people orders and force them to obey, but he can give suggestions that, over time, sound mighty tempting... the less spiritual pressure the listener has, the more effective his suggestions.

Enmascare el Alma (Mask the Soul): When a being puts on Aníbal's mask, he can attempt to seize control of them and trap the unfortunate host as an observer in their own body. Possession is easier the less spiritual power a potential host has, though a difference can be counteracted if the host is wounded or exhausted. Once in control, Aníbal is difficult to dislodge. Victims significantly less powerful than Aníbal have almost no hope of expelling him without the help of another, and even then it's not easy. Victims of roughly equal strength can, with effort and when Aníbal has exerted himself, reclaim control of themselves for short periods of time, possibly eventually ejecting him from their body. Stronger hosts can regain control more frequently and can probably expel him on their own, given enough time. While in possession of a host, Aníbal can rummage through their memories. This is a slow process and highly distracting to him, giving his host an increased chance to regain control for a time. If his mask is broken while Aníbal has a host, the host regains control for the several days it takes a new mask to form; if he is expelled while still reforming his mask, Aníbal takes the form of a broken mask that slowly repairs itself over time.

Spiritual Camouflage: Aníbal is capable of disguising his reiatsu, rendering himself virtually undetectable to Pesquisa or other methods of sensing spiritual power. When in possession of a host, he can even dematerialize his mask for long periods of time, though this is tiring. This camouflage is not active when he uses any of his Hollow powers.

With Host:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bala: Below average strength, but above-average firing speed. Aníbal can release hails of Bala that, while damaging, are usually better as a distractionary measure.

Cero: Aníbal's Cero are of average strength but an exceptionally wide arc (up to a full 90 degrees), though they take longer to charge than most.

Sonido: Above average. Aníbal can move fast enough to leave as many as three afterimages for one or two seconds.

Garganta: Below average. Aníbal has very little skill in moving between worlds and is rarely more accurate than what square mile area he wants to end up in.

Recuerdo (Remember):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Writhing shadows unravel and slither into Aníbal's arms, spreading darkness over him that then briefly restores his full Hollow form. The shadows comprising its body writhe with the vague forms and faces of the hosts he's taken. Aníbal's basic abilities all improve in form. However Aníbal can maintain Recuerdo for only a short time, after which he consumes the soul of his host to replenish himself and renders the host worthless. After Recuerdo ends, Aníbal's host can still shuffle around similarly to a zombie for about an hour, after which it collapses dead and he is forced back into his mask alone to try snaring a new body.

Specific Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    El Bosque Más Allá de la Ciudad (The Wood Beyond the City): If he's willing to cut his restored time in half, Aníbal's surroundings fade out to be replaced by a massive dome of reiatsu containing a dense, forbidding nighttime forest straight out of a horror movie, complete with very little moonlight. The Hollow reiatsu composing the forest interferes with the ability of those within to sense spiritual pressure, making it more difficult to keep track of Aníbal himself, and the landscape will passively hinder enemies within it (roots are at just the right height to trip, vines hang and entangle, etc). The other downside beyond reduced time in his true form, however, is that such a large mass of reiatsu is blindingly obvious to anyone sensitive outside the dome and more or less forms a giant neon sign saying "HOLLOW HERE! RIGHT HERE!" On the other hand, such a mass of reiatsu nearby can help disguise other presences...

Spoiler
    Show

Aníbal can create up to five shadowy, largely-amorphous "hounds" out of the darkness of his own body that proceed to act independently to pursue and harass his foes. The hounds are not particularly durable, nor are their teeth and claws actually very damaging. However, wounds inflicted by the Wolves feel far more severe than they actually are. The hounds vanish when Recuerdo ends.

Encarcelamiento (Imprisonment): After charging time on par with a Cero, Aníbal's outstretched hand fires four arcing bolts that curve towards the target from multiple directions, making dodging them all a difficult prospect. Each bolt that strikes increases the effect of the attack. One bolt slows the target. Two bolts slow the target greatly and renders them unable to use Sonido, Hirenkyaku, Shunpo, or similar fast-movement abilities for a short time. Three bolts pin the target to the nearest solid object but leave them capable of some movement, similarly to Bakudo 30: Beak-Piercing Triple Beam. All four bolts utterly paralyze the target for a short time. Each of these effects is cumulative.
    ...Horror? At least, I think of it as different than Fear/Terror, as horror is more of a state of complete and total shock in the face of something, rather than a constant state of paranoia.

Or maybe Paranoia?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

...Horror? At least, I think of it as different than Fear/Terror, as horror is more of a state of complete and total shock in the face of something, rather than a constant state of paranoia.

Or maybe Paranoia?
    Oh, both of those are nice. Now to choose between Horror, Paranoia, and Avarice.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I'm fairly certain we've said they generally can't. Manifestation is an intensive, personal experience which is only achieved when one is ready for Bankai. Far as I know, that's the only way for them to interact, and it just doesn't seem likely.
    The only other way would be for them to somehow enter the Inner World of someone else, but....I'd rather that not be possible, barring a very specific power that was intensely scrutinized.

And I would really, really, really, really rather not see a Muramasa expy in the game. Really.
    What abut possible plot needing, or creating, such interactions? Might be fun to play out.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

Hmmm. Come to think of it, Zanpakutou need not be physically manifested. Perhaps Soul Society could have the Bleach equivalent of a holodeck where Zanpakutou spirits could chill out and lounge about. Their users would not be allowed inside, and their spirit worlds would remain untouched, but keep in mind that in theory the only person the spirits can talk to is its owner's.

Think how BORED they must be!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    What abut possible plot needing, or creating, such interactions? Might be fun to play out.
    ...I'm not a fan of abandoning all pretense of internal logic, and established metaphysics and such, just for some vague idea of "plot".

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Hmmm. Come to think of it, Zanpakutou need not be physically manifested. Perhaps Soul Society could have the Bleach equivalent of a holodeck where Zanpakutou spirits could chill out and lounge about. Their users would not be allowed inside, and their spirit worlds would remain untouched, but keep in mind that in theory the only person the spirits can talk to is its owner's.

Think how BORED they must be!
    I point to the above.

Zanpakutou spirits are symbiotic, semi-independent fragments of the souls of various Shingami. Having them manifest in a "holodeck", without any presence of their users, but also not accessing any Innner Worlds...

Not only does it feel cheap, it raises some serious questions.

Like, how are they being manifested there? What happens if their weilder needs to release shikai? Would someone with malicious intent be able to use this "holodeck" to kill sword spirits, or even rip them away from shinigami?

It's a proverbial mine field, is what it is.

Really, I'm going to have to request we don't go down roads like that. Interactions with Zanpakutou spirits should be limited to Shinigami and their own sword, plus maybe a situation like what Frozen described; that is, something rare. Even then, I'm iffy.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds like something which could exist in the omake thread though.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

I like zanpakutou spirit more than Shinigami characters. But to separate the two destroys very important part of the characters.

What it is to be together, and share, and exist unity.

If they are separate, then it is only a story of separation and maybe nothing is learned about characters I think.

I don't like 'joke character' idea of zanpakutou and zanpakutou interaction very much.
    Of serious idea, it was tried in last game with Overwilliam and I, and was very interesting and fun, but also tragedy.

If interest in zanpakutou spirit is to become large, maybe I will have to make such a spirit.

Maybe I mean that to think such an interaction could be interesting and a good plot. However, I do not agree with the ideas presented yet.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not seeing any objections to Aníbal, so I'll add him to the registry if people are still fine with him tomorrow morning.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Not seeing any objections to Aníbal, so I'll add him to the registry if people are still fine with him tomorrow morning.
    I recommend changing that name. Frozen has a character called Hannibal. Might cause confusion.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing