New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 2

[Sakura]

"I will have that taken care of as well. However, timing is critical, so go about your duties as usual. I'll alert you when you are to leave. It might not be for several days, however."

She pauses.

"Thank you, Magatsu. I have some work to do, now. Please, make sure the new members are settled in properly."
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    "Missing? Was it broken, or lost?", Hachirou asks. "If the former, it should remanifest itself somewhere near its wielder once he recovers. Once the physical vessel for a spirit is shattered, it always returns to person it's part of."

"If it's the latter, he should have easy time finding it once he gets back to his own two feet. Though I must admit, I've never heard of an occasion where a sword has been left a whole dimension away..."
    As far as I can tell, just lost. I don't think he's quite sure where or when, though.

To her disappointment, Alysha feels her energy flowing through Hachirou with little visible effect, like water disappearing to a crack in the ground. The wounded officer notes this as well, and shakes his head slightly.

"Please don't over-extert yourself, Sietka-kun. My injuries are not life-treatening, I'm just a tad... tired. I know a person who I can call to fill me in for tomorrow's work, you don't need to work yourself to death just to get me up." Hachirou looks Alysha in the eyes, smiling wryly.
    Alysha smiles warmly. Aw, that's sweet, Hachirou. But, it is my job to heal, and if I didn't at least try, then I wouldn't be doing my job, now would I?

"Back to the previous topic... about Zanpakuto. Tell me, Sietka-kun, how long have you possessed a Shikai?"
    Alysha looks up a little and rests a finger on her chin. Classic thinking pose.

Let's see now...it's been...

Two years.

Ah, right. Two years now. She looks at Hachirou and tilts her head a little. Why?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #303
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Ah, Daisuke-chan! Please make yourself comfortable, I was just finishing up." With that, Daisuke might notice his fingertips looked to be smeared with glue. Soushi cleaned up his hands, sat himself down, put his hands together and smiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiled.

"Now then. What can I do for you?"
    Daisuke resisted the shiver that attempted to creep up his spine. Why did he have to be so creepy? And why was he calling Daisuke -chan?

...Oh no.

Soushi wasn't...he didn't think...he didn't...

Soushi didn't like Daisuke, did he?!

Oh no, what was he going to do? He had the right to refuse any unwanted advances, right? Didn't Sakura-taichou say that to all of the female Shinigami in the division? Did that apply to male Shinigami, too? And if it didn't, did that mean that Daisuke had to go along with Soushi? Because no way in hell would Daisuke do that! Besides, Soushi was only one rank higher, and Magatsu would back Daisuke up, right? So he didn't have to...

This went on for quite a while in Daisuke's head, though thankfully he had started running on autopilot. He smiled amicably while he was still rambling in his head, and sat down in one of the chairs by Soushi. "I recently received a message from one of my subordinates who was on the recent mission to the Mortal World, Soushi-sama. Apparently, you're wanted in Zaraki District. However, she didn't tell me any more, and I was rather hoping that you could."

"So tell me, Soushi-sama. Why would you be wanted in the Zaraki District of the Rukongai?"

AND WHY ARE YOU SO CREEPY?! Daisuke shouted in his head. Good thing his autopilot was so polite.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Of course, Sakura-taichou. It's been a long time since I've visited the mortal world... I'm going to have fun hunting." He inclined his head by way of farewell and slipped out of her office. Magatsu passed by Daisuke's office, since the 3rd seat had wanted to talk with him, but Daisuke had already left. I guess he'll find me if he needs me.

Magatsu idled down the hall a bit further, knocking on the door of the room Minuet had commandeered. "You two not gettin' up to anything, are ya?"
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground

While he couldn't read minds, Soushi was able to tell he made Daisuke uncomfortable. He delighted in that. And if he had any idea the boy was thinking what he was thinking, he'd be rolling on the floor laughing so hard his sides would hurt - on the inside, of course.

But this was news to him as well. The smile left Soushi's face for a few moments, as he pondered that himself.

"You know, I haven't the foggiest. It's not like I know anyone in the Mortal World. More to the point, I don't really know anyone in Rukongai for that matter. Everyone I knew from before I joined the academy is dead, sadly." There was a moment of what seemed like genuine sadness in Soushi's eyes. Could it be, perhaps, that he was merely lonely? They say that successful men tended to be isolated from their peers.

Of course, Daisuke had no means to know that they were dead because Soushi saw to it personally.

"And even if I did, it's not like they couldn't drop a message by my division. This is quite odd... What do you think, Daisuke-kun?"

Huh. At least he had switched from -chan to -kun.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #306
    Pixie in the Playground

Daisuke had calmed down somewhat in his mind, but not nearly enough to carry on any reasonable conversation. So, he stayed firmly on autopilot.

"I'm afraid I don't know either, Soushi-sama." Daisuke responded politely. "Honestly, like I said, I was hoping you would know. My subordinate who gave me the message was unfortunately unable to give any more information before other business took her away. However, if you do not know where this message comes from, I would advise that you not respond until I can get more information. I'm not trying to give you orders, Soushi-sama, I'm just erring on the side of caution."

Okay, it's getting better, at least. Maybe he doesn't actually have a...thing for me. At least he stopped calling me -chan for now.

"If neither of us know who the message came from, it would probably be a bad idea to act on it know. If you'd like, I can return to my division and try to get more information from the Shinigami who gave me the message." Daisuke said as he rose from his seat.

"And you have my sympathies for the deaths of your friends, Soushi-sama. I was unaware that you had such tragedy in your life." Daisuke wasn't entirely sure if he believed that or if it was just a ploy for sympathy, but Soushi looked sincere, and Daisuke was too trusting to think otherwise. "If I can find her, I'll try to get more information about this message. I think that's all, unless you have any more business with me?"
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, as an officer of intelligence, it's actually my duty to find out more about this, not yours, Daisuke-kun. No offense meant."

Soushi sighed deeply.

"Do not worry, I'll make sure to deal with this information in the most cautionable manner I can. And, well... I suppose I owe you an apology.

You see, I realized I have been saying and doing things that have earned your mistrust. I know that unlike Masaru-taichou, mine is not a demeanor that inspires... confidence. But I'd be hoping to correct that. Before I joined the academy, I used to have a friend much like yourself..."

His death screams were so cute, too...

"...and I used to tease him much the way I've been teasing you of late. I honestly didn't mean anything by it."

With that, Soushi offered a deep bow - likely the deepest Daisuke ever bowed to him.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Ah, right. Two years now. She looks at Hachirou and tilts her head a little. Why?
    "Have you told anyone about it before this day?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #309
    Pixie in the Playground

Daisuke was honestly astonished by Soushi's bow and apology. He'd never been bowed to by a Vice-Captain, never mind how low the bow went. Daisuke understood the gesture; Soushi was honestly apologizing.

And yet, that feeling was still there. It still felt like Soushi was hunting him, and Soushi's apology, if anything, made that feeling worse, like Daisuke was being led into a trap. But on the other hand, perhaps that feeling was incorrect. Could Daisuke really justify treating Soushi poorly based on a feeling when the man had gone out of his way to apologize to him? Yes, Soushi was creepy, but perhaps a second chance was in order.

"I accept your apology, Soushi-sama, and I forgive you. Thank you for that, I was actually kind of creeped out, though I think that most of it came from your creepy, creepy smiles." Daisuke said with a smile, showing that he was half-joking. He was still half-serious. "But I really do appreciate your apology. And I would like to give you a second chance. And your friend, the one who I reminded you of. You used the past tense. What happened to him, if it's not too painful?"
    Star Wars iTP characters

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Magatsu idled down the hall a bit further, knocking on the door of the room Minuet had commandeered. "You two not gettin' up to anything, are ya?"
    "Just a moment! We'll be ready soon!", Nasumi's muffled voice echoes through the door, accompanied with rapid shuffling of feet and rustle of clothes. And please get your mind out of the gut- ... Aieee! What am I thinking? Oh no, it's infectious!

11. - Top - End - #311

"Have you told anyone about it before this day?"
    Alysha nods. Yeah. I mean, I'm supposed to, right? At least my captain.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Daisuke was honestly astonished by Soushi's bow and apology. He'd never been bowed to by a Vice-Captain, never mind how low the bow went. Daisuke understood the gesture; Soushi was honestly apologizing.

And yet, that feeling was still there. It still felt like Soushi was hunting him, and Soushi's apology, if anything, made that feeling worse, like Daisuke was being led into a trap. But on the other hand, perhaps that feeling was incorrect. Could Daisuke really justify treating Soushi poorly based on a feeling when the man had gone out of his way to apologize to him? Yes, Soushi was creepy, but perhaps a second chance was in order.

"I accept your apology, Soushi-sama, and I forgive you. Thank you for that, I was actually kind of creeped out, though I think that most of it came from your creepy, creepy smiles." Daisuke said with a smile, showing that he was half-joking. He was still half-serious. "But I really do appreciate your apology. And I would like to give you a second chance. And your friend, the one who I reminded you of. You used the past tense. What happened to him, if it's not too painful?"
    "Well... I suppose it's no harm in telling you. Not much longer after I graduated, I figured I'd drop by my old hangout in Rukongai and tell everyone the news. When I got there... they were dead. All of them.

An investigation showed that they had all been brought to the same place. Apparently they were organizing a surprise party for me. The culprit was never caught.

This friend I speak of, his name was Kouta... he was amid the victims."

And it was SO. MUCH. FUN. To snuff the life out of his ignorant little body as he kept saying I couldn't possibly be the Soushi he knew. I wonder if I'll get the chance to do it again.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

[4th Division recovery ward]

"Oh? Can you tell me then who else knows?", Hachirou asks, raising an eyebrow. "Pardon me for being so inquisitive, Sietka-kun, but my papers listed you as unseated. It's a common practice to promote promising soldiers to minor leadership positions once they achieve Shikai or comparable power - I want to know your opinion and possible objections before I recommend you for squad leader training."

14. - Top - End - #314

[4th Division recovery ward]

"Oh? Can you tell me then who else knows?", Hachirou asks, raising an eyebrow. "Pardon me for being so inquisitive, Sietka-kun, but my papers listed you as unseated. It's a common practice to promote promising soldiers to minor leadership positions once they achieve Shikai or comparable power - I want to know your opinion and possible objections before I recommend you for squad leader training."
    Alysha blinks in surprise a few times.

Oh! Wow...um...wow. Really? Squad leader? Wow...

I mean, I know that most divisions rank based on skill. That makes sense. But, in the fourth division, its more on time with the division. The higher ranked you are, the longer you've been here. So, Me being unseated just means I'm one of the newer recruits.

She smiles. You really think I could be a squad leader? Wow.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, if you feel your routes of advancement might be stunted here, there's always room in the 13th", Hachirou remarks, and his expression turns sour for a moment. "I have a feeling we're going to need all capable hands we can get to keep ourselves standing."

"A new recruit, you say? May I ask how old are you? Or rather, how long have you worked as a Shinigami?"

16. - Top - End - #316

"Well, if you feel your routes of advancement might be stunted here, there's always room in the 13th", Hachirou remarks, and his expression turns sour for a moment. "I have a feeling we're going to need all capable hands we can get to keep ourselves standing."
    Um... She shuffles her feet a little. I don't know how I'd fit in other divisions. I mean, I'm not really good at fighting. In fact, I don't like it. I just like helping people.

"A new recruit, you say? May I ask how old are you? Or rather, how long have you worked as a Shinigami?"
    You know it's rude to ask a woman her age, right? She smirks a little.

Well, I'm 200, but I've only been a Shinigami for...um...

Almost ten years.

Almost ten years. Yeah. She nods, as if agreeing with somebody who obviously isn't there.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Um... She shuffles her feet a little. I don't know how I'd fit in other divisions. I mean, I'm not really good at fighting. In fact, I don't like it. I just like helping people.
    "Oh, don't worry about it. I'm not trying to pressure you into anything", Hachirou replies, before stopping to yawn loudly. He's a bit ashamed he can't cover his mouth with his hand. "Sorry for that. In any case, I'm sure we could use a permanent first-aid squad or medical trainer ourselves. Just some food for thought."

You know it's rude to ask a woman her age, right? She smirks a little.

Well, I'm 200, but I've only been a Shinigami for...um...

Almost ten years.

Almost ten years. Yeah. She nods, as if agreeing with somebody who obviously isn't there.
    Hachirou sighs and smiles slightly. "So, they found you late, hmm? That's bit of a pity", he says. "You've advanced with a good rate. You know, Hayashi-taichou is not much older than you. If you'd entered academy earlier in life, you might be a captain as well nowadays."

18. - Top - End - #318

"Oh, don't worry about it. I'm not trying to pressure you into anything", Hachirou replies, before stopping to yawn loudly. He's a bit ashamed he can't cover his mouth with his hand. "Sorry for that. In any case, I'm sure we could use a permanent first-aid squad or medical trainer ourselves. Just some food for thought."
    Well...I'll think about it. Talk it over with Tetsu, at least.

Hachirou sighs and smiles slightly. "So, they found you late, hmm? That's bit of a pity", he says. "You've advanced with a good rate. You know, Hayashi-taichou is not much older than you. If you'd entered academy earlier in life, you might be a captain as well nowadays."
    She blushes a little. Well...I don't know about that...

I don't think I'm...um...ambitious enough for that.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #319
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Well... I suppose it's no harm in telling you. Not much longer after I graduated, I figured I'd drop by my old hangout in Rukongai and tell everyone the news. When I got there... they were dead. All of them.

An investigation showed that they had all been brought to the same place. Apparently they were organizing a surprise party for me. The culprit was never caught.

This friend I speak of, his name was Kouta... he was amid the victims."

And it was SO. MUCH. FUN. To snuff the life out of his ignorant little body as he kept saying I couldn't possibly be the Soushi he knew. I wonder if I'll get the chance to do it again.
    Daisuke looked at Soushi, feeling an odd emotion. Pity? Was Daisuke actually feeling sorry for Soushi? It seemed unlikely that the young 3rd seat would feel pity for the much more older Vice-Captain, but he was.

"My apologies, Soushi-san, I didn't mean to bring up any bad memories. Have you ever tried to look for the murderer? If you'd like, I would be willing to help you look. If there was a murderer, then it would be the jurisdiction of either the 10th division, or my division. If you'd like it, you have my support, Soushi-san!" Daisuke declared, holding out his hand to shake.

He was extending his friendship to Soushi, giving him a second chance. He was doing only what his personal philosophy dictated.

So why was that feeling of being hunted so strong?
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-10-20 at 04:13 PM.
    Star Wars iTP characters

20. - Top - End - #320
    Orc in the Playground

Perhaps that feeling would disappear as soon as Daisuke could tell that Soushi's eyes were slightly misted over.

And then it would come back in force when Soushi shook his hand.

"Thank you for your encouragement, Daisuke-kun. I've all but lost hope at this point, though. The trail has long since gone cold, and there were never any leads to begin with. But I thank you all the same."

Where did Seireitei get this kid? A Shonen Magazine stand?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321
    Pixie in the Playground

Daisuke's skin crawled when Soushi shook his hand, but he suppressed it. He was giving Soushi a second chance, and that meant rejecting the urge to flee from him while firing off every Hado he knew. But Daisuke forced a smile onto his face as he looked at Soushi.

"I think I have to go now, I left some work that I need to get done. If you need anything Soushi-san, feel free to stop by and I'll try to help!" Daisuke said cheerfully. He was doing a pretty good job of staying happy despite the prolonged exposure to Soushi.

And so Daisuke said his goodbyes and left Soushi, feeling proud that he had enough self-control to not break into a run until he was out of sight. Second chance or not, the man still left Daisuke with that awful feeling that he just couldn't shake. But someone who had seen his own friends, lying dead before him; surely such a person wouldn't be one who would do anything like that to anyone else, would he? After all, such an experience would show someone the fragility of life, and how at any moment life can be taken away.

Like it had done to Daisuke.

But all of that thinking distracted Daisuke, and he found himself back at his office before he knew it. He sighed to himself. He really didn't want to get back to work; the meeting with Soushi had exhausted him. Maybe he'd look for Magatsu instead! Yeah, that was a much better idea!
    Star Wars iTP characters

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Hayashi Household

Meanwhile, Natsuko arrives home, and heads out to the garden, where she sits down and starts relaxing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #323
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Just a moment! We'll be ready soon!", Nasumi's muffled voice echoes through the door, accompanied with rapid shuffling of feet and rustle of clothes. And please get your mind out of the gut- ... Aieee! What am I thinking? Oh no, it's infectious!
    Magatsu merely grinned to himself as he leaned against the wall. Unseated were so easy to fluster.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki Takahashi - Hayashi Household

Taiki is just finishing work for the day, and is on his way into the garden to surprise his wife with his somewhat early return.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko looks up at him, and smiles. "Welcome home."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki smiles a bit forced. "How are you, Natsuko? Doing alright?"

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko nods. "I'm feeling well. Ude said the baby should be coming in the next week."

She looks at him. "How about you?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright. Stressed." He kneels down and smells one of the flowers. "Beautiful, aren't they?"

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko smiles. "Yes, they are. My grandmother was the one to plant these gardens."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki nods. "Mmm. I think she chose well. They definitely add something to the garden."