New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 2

Taiki shakes Emet's hand firmly, then grins as he makes his queries and the others explain. He nods along, but has very little to add himself.

Taiki chuckles. "I'll catch a drink with you sometime. But I'm just a bit busy at the moment." He takes the plushy from Ryouichi, balancing the box of blocks in his arms as he does so. "I'm certain Hikari will love it." Carefully, Taiki shifts the box so that he can place it down next to the bags of other gifts, then sets the plushy on top of it.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #752
    Barbarian in the Playground

(The Baby Shower, 4th Div Barracks)
    "Well, it appears everyone started without me!"
    Arata walks in, saying this jokingly, and looks around the room. A fair few visitors and presents already, it seems. And then there was Hikari. In life, Arata was an only child, and died when he was seventeen, so he never spent that much time around infants. He knew how to take care of them, but had no actual experience of doing so. He then walks over to Natsuko and produces a wooden box from his Haori. It is a beautiful shade of dark mahogany, decorated with all manner of wild flowers, tree blossoms and the like, and decorated with a single kanji in the center, written in gold paint. Hikari (光). "Congratulations, Natsuko-sama. It's a music box. Three different tunes, too. Hopefully this will make sleeping easier." Arata smiles slightly. Inspect his expression in great detail, and one might find he is still somewhat worried about the Maggot's Nest.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    It sure is a strange-flavored cookie - a mix of soap, bitterness of rowan berries, and distinct flavor of bitter almonds. The taste kinda clings on your mouth and stays there like a stubborn mule, making one feel very thirsty.

And that's before heat of Habanero chili extract starts to kick in, like a burning nail through the back of his tongue...
    Sweat began to run down Magatsu's face, not something one expects from a cookie. Is... is this poison?! In a futile attempt to scrub the taste from his mouth, he threw open the break room's fridge and began to chug the beer he kept stashed in it (along with a note written in cheerful green ink proclaiming "Magatsu's booze. Drink and die. :D"). Unfortunately, this did absolutely nothing but add hops to the disgusting flavors already fighting a rapidly-worsening war for dominance on his tongue. A moment later, the habanero extract kicked in and the war escalated to full nuclear exchange.

The vice-captain's scream of culinary agony probably echoed across the Seireitei, and startled birds roosting on Sōkyoku Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

[9th Division Barracks] (front porch)

Hirokatsu nodded slightly to Shou as he responded...then the same to Sigint after hearing both of their confirmations of desiring the friendly spar.

He slightly nodded and bowed slightly to Sigint as he affirmed his interest and the Hirokatsu said softly and respectfully... "You do the 9th Division, myself, and Akiyama-san a great service by assisting in this small test."

Then turning to Shou, Hirokatsu opened his eyes to give the full effect, he said softly "Akiyama-san...remember, evaluation is not something that ever begins or ends...the whole of our actions are a means to examine our true character...do not forget this....

Then tapping his umbrella a bit he looked to them both as if he was trying to determine the best way to conduct the spar...his eyes closed as a brief breeze entered the courtyard and up to the porch, his tapping stopped as he stood for a moment embracing the breeze and finishing his thoughts.

His eyes opened and he stepped forward off the edge of the porch and at the same time he opened his recognizable umbrella over his head as he dropped down lightly onto the courtyard grass only a few feet below. Hirokatsu, his face and body covered in the shadow of his umbrella, stepped out slowly into the center of the courtyard in front of the 9th Division barracks, the evening light beginning to recede slightly over the barracks behind him, the lone cherry blossom tree in full bloom as it swayed in the breeze in front of him near the entrance to the courtyard from the walkways connecting the buildings of the Seretei.

All in all the courtyard was rather large with high walls surrounding it and the cherry blossom tree. It spanned 50 yards or so wide in front of and about 20 yards or so from its entrance and the tree to the barracks porch. Hirokatsu stood in the center of the courtyard as he turned back to the pair of Shinigami still on the porch. He tilted his umbrella up a it to show his slowly opening eyes to them, welcoming them to join him.

After they would join him he would then explain the conditions of the spar to them. He spoke softly and succinctly, as if he did not desire to repeat himself nor justify his decisions.

Switching between each of them, he would look to both of them as he spoke.
    "...first off, the spar will be conducted within the confines of this courtyard, and no damage to the area will be acceptable in any way...and any such damage sustained to it will be BOTH of yours to correct personally... and the same goes for any harm to befall on either of you...

Having said that, the spar will be until one of you submits to the other, or I instruct it to end for whatever reason i choose.... the spar will also be limited to using your zanpaktuo in its unreleased form as well as only using Kido spells up to level 20...

Hirokatsu would then pause for a few moments as he looked to both of them. "I hope you don't have any questions..." after another brief moment he continued "....the spar will commence on my signal..."

Hirokatsu then would turn away from them and move slowly over towards the barracks porch stopping in front of it turning to look at them both once more before giving his signal.

After he paused for a few moments to watch as they readied themselves, he waited and as he saw them set...his voice boomed out loudly to the courtyard...something of a rarity from the rather humble and soft spoken Vice Captain Goto... BEGIN!!!!!

As the sound of his voice came to an end he would bring his umbrella down to shade his eyes once again, occluding his eyes from either of the combatants.

Also, if anyone would notice, a small gathering of 9th Division members of various seats and ranks would be seen in the windows of the 9th Division barracks looking out onto the spar. None dared come out on the porch, but this was rarity for their courtyard and their interest was indeed piqued.
    Shou cocked his head. No release? That would make things difficult. He'd have to be cunning, then... Gensoutenmaru's Phantasm Walker ability was a great boon. No matter. Kageen-sama was a ninja, but Shou trusted in his own speed and agility. He dropped into a rather odd hakuda stance, using the loose folds of his shihakushou and cloak to hide how he slowly dragged his tail in the dirt, gathering dust in the fur.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-11-28 at 05:55 AM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

4. - Top - End - #754
    Pixie in the Playground

Waiting by the door for the room to become a little less crowded, Seiko feels the Commander-General sneak by, followed closely by the captain of the 7th division (who passed much less stealthily), as well as the 3rd seat of the 2nd division! Apparently, if he waited much longer, there would be no physical room for him in the rapidly-filling room.

Entering at last, Seiko wove his way through the mess of captains (and Arata) until finally reaching Natsuko. Taiki still seemed busy with the Commander-General. he greets Arata and then Natsuko.

"Congratulations, Hayashi-taichou. Himura-taichou also sends her congratulations, though she was too busy to make it herself. I brought something for the baby, though I know it isn't much. I wasn't sure what you would need." Seiko handed Natsuko a small intricately wrapped box in which she would find several small jingling toys that she would probably grow to hate Seiko for, as well as a few teething toys.

Seiko looked at her, his expression a little worried. He was worried about Natsuko herself. Whenever his mother had given birth, which had happened several times, she had been bedridden for weeks afterward, though that may have had more to with the fact that people were willing to cut her far more slack than usual. "Are you all right, Natsuko-taichou? Do you need anything?"
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "You mean you won't come with me to the Hayashi household? Please, Saiyuri-san...! I'd consider it a personal favor if you did." At this point, he reaches for Saiyuri's other hand. There's a slight tone of desperation to his voice.
    Sayuri gives the man an unnerved glance. Why is he getting so worked up at the thought? She whispers a quick message to the butterfly, then sends it on its way.

"Ah, you misunderstand, Nagamichi-san. I only consider it polite to warn our hosts beforehand", she says matter-of-factly. "Rest assured, I'm not going to abandon you. If it's so important to you, I..."

Then, the hell butterfly pops back. Furrowing her brow, Sayuri captures it in her hands and brings it close to her ears. When she hears the message, she stops. "Ah... it's a message from one of Hayashi's retainers", she says. "They are not home yet... apparently, they're still in the 4th Division. Should we head there, then?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

6. - Top - End - #756
    Orc in the Playground

"Absolutely. I'll be sure to keep my visit brief, if nothing else. And you're right, I hadn't considered that. I apologize." It sure seemed like a mystery. This was so UNLIKE Soushi.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #757
    Orc in the Playground

Ryouichi nods, and makes a short bow. " Well, I figured I'd just stop by, having heard the news. Congratulations again, and don't strain yourselves." With that, he is gone!
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #758
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Shou cocked his head. No release? That would make things difficult. He'd have to be cunning, then... Gensoutenmaru's Phantasm Walker ability was a great boon. No matter. Kageen-sama was a ninja, but Shou trusted in his own speed and agility. He dropped into a rather odd hakuda stance, using the loose folds of his shihakushou and cloak to hide how he slowly dragged his tail in the dirt, gathering dust in the fur.
    Sigint shifted into his own stance, as Hirkatsu gave his signal. Since this was an evaluation, Sigint figured he'd test Shou first. So, he starts the fight simply.

He throws a punch towards Shou's gut with his left hand, his right hand preparing to block any blows from below.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Halfling in the Playground

Feiyan rushes into the room. You all, give them some priva- and she stopped with a gulp. I just....said that....to god knows how many captains.... she immediately bowed. Please forgive meee! She cried. Composing herself, she went up to Natsuko and handed her a small leather pouch. It's not the most fancy gift, but I hope she'll like it. Feiyan smiled. Inside the pouch was a small leather cord-a necklace- with a small charm of a guardian angel. Even shinigami could use a guardian angel, right, Natsuko-taicho? She smiles slightly.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

[On the way to 4th Division]

"You know, I'm still a bit puzzled - why did you come to ask me to accompany you?"
    , Sayuri asks off-handedly as they change their course. "Aside from the little... sparring night we officers had few days past, I don't think we've gotten to know each other outside professional circumstances. Do you truly not have anyone closer to you? Not even one of your underlings?"

11. - Top - End - #761
    Pixie in the Playground

Seiko

"You're right, Feiyan-san. Perhaps I should go. I do have things to..." He trailed off, realizing that he actually didn't have any work to do. "I have sleep to catch up on." He corrected himself. Before leaving, he turned back to Feiyan.

"I'd like to thank you again for fixing my heel, Feiyan-san. Also, I was wondering if you'd be interested in finishing our duel. I find myself with a great deal of time on my hands this week, and if you're not too busy, I was thinking we could finish it. Perhaps we could both go all out this time." He said with a grin on his face. When he smiled, it was easy to remember that underneath his scars he is actually good-looking.

Daisuke

Daisuke rushed into the room with Magatsu, hearing his scream.

"What's wrong, Magatsu-sama?! Did someone..."

"COOKIES!"
    He suddenly exclaimed, his love of sweets overtaking his concern for Magatsu. He hadn't had cookies in along time, since both Magatsu and Sakura had seemed rather unwilling to give him sugar for some strange reason. Without any warning, he ran past Magatsu, grabbed two cookies, and stuffed both in his mouth unceremoniously. He beamed up at Magatsu, his cheeks bulging with the cookies of death.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-11-28 at 03:39 PM.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [On the way to 4th Division]

"You know, I'm still a bit puzzled - why did you come to ask me to accompany you?"
    , Sayuri asks off-handedly as they change their course. "Aside from the little... sparring night we officers had few days past, I don't think we've gotten to know each other outside professional circumstances. Do you truly not have anyone closer to you? Not even one of your underlings?"
    "...my 'underlings' believe I'm some kind of mad scientist bent on brainwashing them into becoming my mindless slaves through blackmail. And I'm not even in the 12th division." Soushi sighed. "Besides, there's no other company I'd rather have for this."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground

"I... see", Sayuri says, subconsciously taking a step away from her company. "Have you considered they might be more approving if you acted this jovially towards them as well?" Of course, mentally Sayuri is convinced they would only consider Soushi a nuisance. But it'd be impolite to say that!

14. - Top - End - #764
    Orc in the Playground

"...you REALLY don't have any idea how nervous I had to get to work up the courage to talk to you like this, do you."

Soushi seemed deep in thought for a couple of moments.

"I must say, Saiyuri-san... From what I keep hearing, it appears you've never taken a day off since you became a Shinigami. That... doesn't sound healthy. Do you mind it terribly if I ask you why you chose that path?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #765
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sigint shifted into his own stance, as Hirkatsu gave his signal. Since this was an evaluation, Sigint figured he'd test Shou first. So, he starts the fight simply.

He throws a punch towards Shou's gut with his left hand, his right hand preparing to block any blows from below.
    Shou dodged the simple punch with an odd spinning motion that seemed superfluous, possibly even unwise, as it caused his cloak to flutter in front of his arms and make it rather difficult for him to easily punch.

"Hado 1: Sho!" Of course, it also made it difficult to see his hands. Shou's cloak rippled out of the way as a bolt of force launched at Sigint. It wasn't terribly strong, but it'd be enough to put someone off balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Daisuke

Daisuke rushed into the room with Magatsu, hearing his scream.

"What's wrong, Magatsu-sama?! Did someone..."

"COOKIES!"
    He suddenly exclaimed, his love of sweets overtaking his concern for Magatsu. He hadn't had cookies in along time, since both Magatsu and Sakura had seemed rather unwilling to give him sugar for some strange reason. Without any warning, he ran past Magatsu, grabbed two cookies, and stuffed both in his mouth unceremoniously. He beamed up at Magatsu, his cheeks bulging with the cookies of death.
    "Daisuke! Don't-" Magatu started to cough and hack as his body continued to rebel against Nasumi's cooking. He wasn't sure what would be worse: Daisuke's reaction to the cookies, or... well, his reaction to the cookies. The accursed things probably had some sugar in them. After another fit of wheezing coughs, Magatsu seized the basket of cookies, hurled the room's window open, and dove outside before hurling the charred lumps of baked evil as high into the air as he could manage.

His oppressive green reiatsu blazed into being around him, the pressure somehow making anyone subjected to it feel as though Magatsu were breathing down their neck about to slaughter them and everything around them, as he began to chant. "Road of sorrows, ye lord of terror and war! Falcons soar above the bridge and sighs echo within the storm-wracked lake!"

Streams of black and turquoise lightning arced into Magatsu's hands from nearby objects, twisting together into a raging vortex of reiatsu that distorted the air around it. "Red sand, black flame, nine stars, azure moon! Hear the moaning earth and claw out your eyes in joy! Hado 80: Thousand-Fold Vector Cannon!"

The distortion vortex simply disappeared for a single unnaturally calm moment before the full power of the Hado erupted from Magatsu's hand. An enormous rippling wave tore through the sky, making the air scream with its passing. The resulting explosion when it struck the lone basket of cookies thundered for several seconds, blooming into an enormous fireball sparking with dark lightning before imploding into itself with a sound like an overly-distorted electric guitar wail.

Magatsu blinked the afterimage out of his eyes before glancing at the single cookie in his other hand. I'm sending this to the Kido Corps. If we can weaponize this, Las Noches will fall in a day. And if Sayuri complains about my totally necessary use of force to make sure those... things wouldn't come back, I'll insist she try a bite.

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

16. - Top - End - #766
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Shou dodged the simple punch with an odd spinning motion that seemed superfluous, possibly even unwise, as it caused his cloak to flutter in front of his arms and make it rather difficult for him to easily punch.

"Hado 1: Sho!" Of course, it also made it difficult to see his hands. Shou's cloak rippled out of the way as a bolt of force launched at Sigint. It wasn't terribly strong, but it'd be enough to put someone off balance.
    It doesn't hit, but rather he dodges the Sho blast. All that training can do that to you.

He then tries something else. Considering that he's now crouched, he decides to go for a sweeping kick. However, it had a little surprise. Expecting Shou to jump, Sigint extends one of his hands out, and speaks. "Hado 1: Sho." The bolt of force was meant to knock Shou onto the ground as he was in the air.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Pixie in the Playground

As Magatsu does all of that, Daisuke stands very still and chew the cookies thoughtfully. It had an interesting taste to it. Did he detect...soap? An odd taste, but one that seemed to enhance the flavor of the rowan. How clever! As he swallowed, he heard Magatsu chanting, and turned toward him.

"Magatsu-sama! Why did you do that?" Daisuke said, a hint of whine in his voice. "I wanted to try another one, so I see if..." Daisuke trailed off as the habanero extract kicked in.

A pregnant pause as the searing pain in Daisuke's tongue made its slow laborious way to his brain. He fought it every step of the way with the thought that it wasn't what was supposed to happen with cookies, but the burning knife in his esophagus begged to differ.

"OW OW OW OW OW OW!!" Daisuke yelled, hopping around the room like a scalded dog. He sat hard on the ground, panting and fanning his poor burning tongue, sulking. "Why did the cookies do that?!" He complained, looking to Magatsu as if it were his fault. "Why didn't you warn me?"
    Star Wars iTP characters

18. - Top - End - #768
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Feiyan rushes into the room. You all, give them some priva- and she stopped with a gulp. I just....said that....to god knows how many captains.... she immediately bowed. Please forgive meee! She cried. Composing herself, she went up to Natsuko and handed her a small leather pouch. It's not the most fancy gift, but I hope she'll like it. Feiyan smiled. Inside the pouch was a small leather cord-a necklace- with a small charm of a guardian angel. Even shinigami could use a guardian angel, right, Natsuko-taicho? She smiles slightly.
    Akio slowly walks in behind Feiyan, a large parcel in his hands. "That's what I'm here for, Officer Feiyan." He nearly ignores the rest of the room as he steps toward the new parents. "I heard the news on my way to do some personal business, Captain Hayashi. Congratulations on the birth. You as well, Captain Takashi. This crib has been handed down through the Yama family, and now rests with me. It seems you have greater need for it, at this moment. I hope it serves you and your child well in the future." Akio says as he bows, showing the room the hand carved maple wood crib he holds.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

19. - Top - End - #769
    Bugbear in the Playground

Karite had a strange feeling today. Compared to most days, where he felt restless, he felt different. Tired, even. Not fully awake, not fully prepared for what was to come. He smiled bitterly, in reminiscence of the last time he'd felt like this.

The last time he'd seen Hannibal.

He just wished, prayed sometimes, that somebody could talk to him about it. Hannibal had forcibly knocked some common sense into him, made him understand what it is to be a Shinigami. He was just a clueless idiot wandering along before, then he had understood what it had meant. But... somewhere along the line, he'd lost sight of that. He didn't feel like a Shinigami right now, he felt like a failure. A worthless, inadequate shard of a Soul Reaper. His mind absently wandered from the topic at hand, and went to something less depressing, but still related.

The current captain of the eleventh division. He'd seen her once before, and he hadn't liked her very much. Not because of how she acted, but because of her damn sword. An ability like that, was just... wrong. It offended his sense of honor, and horrified him. To be able to just... Take someone's zanpakuto, steal their ability. It horrified him. It was like cutting a part of your soul away from you, and that didn't seem right. But maybe right now, she could help him with that spirit inside of him. The spirit seemed remarkably amiable for a Hollow, and that was worrying. But she, she seemed to understand souls far more then anyone he knew, aside from the Kido Corps. But Karite didn't really trust the Kido Corps. So he sighed as he leaned back, wincing as the gash in his side emitted a flash of pain. He had made up his mind. Telling Taiki or Natsuko about this would probably end badly.

So he would speak to her.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ettin in the Playground

[On the way to 4th]

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "...you REALLY don't have any idea how nervous I had to get to work up the courage to talk to you like this, do you."

Soushi seemed deep in thought for a couple of moments.

"I must say, Saiyuri-san... From what I keep hearing, it appears you've never taken a day off since you became a Shinigami. That... doesn't sound healthy. Do you mind it terribly if I ask you why you chose that path?"
    Hint of a smile creeps on Sayuri's lips. All kinds of stories they tell about me. While not that inaccurate, it must be an exaggeration. Surely, she had taken few days off... when she was in the academy... maybe, she can't actually remember, afterall it's been two centuries since.

"Free time I have during evenings is more than enough for my purposes, Nagamichi-san", she says. "I don't ask for any more, because what better things to do would I have? The noble tasks of guiding lost souls to their designated afterlife, watching over new generations of Shinigami and teaching them proper way to conduct themselves, bettering myself in the arts of our holy profession... they already give me all fulfillment and purpose I could hope for. I see little reason to take time away from them to engage in frivolities unfitting a being my age."

The 4th Division comes to their view, and Sayuri continues to the main doors at a steady pace. Before walking to the reception counter, she sends the butterfly on a journey again, this time asking Takahashi Taiki himself whether it'd be a good time to visit the young mother.

"I must wonder what standards of 'health' you use to judge my behaviour, Nagamichi-san", she says, not looking at him, though her voice doesn't indicate if she was insulted by the comment. "Care to enlighten me?"

[11th Division]

After her talk with Seiko, Himura Michiko returned to her office. She's now struggling to rearrange tomorrow's training excercises so that her Vice-Captain won't be required for any of them.

Of course, her relative lack of trust towards vast majority of her division's officers is now coming back to bite her, and almost all updated training schedules list the commanding officer as either her or... (dun-dun-DUN) Amagatsu Kazuma.

Hopefully, the priorly rash man's change of heart is genuine and not just a fluke.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Halfling in the Playground

Feiyan grins. Of course, Seiko-kun! She bends in and whispers in Seiko's ear in a deadly voice: I will own you
    Last edited by Moon Wolf; 2010-11-29 at 12:36 PM.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

22. - Top - End - #772
    Pixie in the Playground

Seiko's grin grew when Feiyan agreed to the rematch. "When Las Noches freezes over." He retorted in the same whisper. "I look forward to it, Feiyan-san!" He said in an ordinary tone.

"I think I'll be going now, though. It's getting a bit crowded in here, and I wouldn't want to make the new mother uncomfortable. Natsuko-taichou, let me know if you need any help. I'm fairly good with kids."

With that, he wove his way through the room and headed outwards, moving towards his favorite spot: a large tree in the middle of one of the 11th division training fields. Upon reaching the spot, he found a spot that he had carefully carved out of the branches, and promptly fell asleep.
    Star Wars iTP characters

23. - Top - End - #773
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, see... Rumor has it that the reason you wear such heavy makeup and dye your hair is to disguise signs of premature aging brought about by excessive work. I know that's not their purpose, but one can't help but be worried. Rumor also has it you've not let yourself laugh in over a century. Far from me to chastise you on the matter, but it bears mentioning that one that does not let herself enjoy it may lose sight of what she is meant to protect - in this case, life. Resting is an important part of a Shinigami's job, too."

[At the 2nd Division's training fields]

Kazuma sneezes.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-11-29 at 01:36 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ettin in the Playground

Sayuri turns towards Soushi just enough so her icy blue eyes can bore holes through his skull. "Most interesting things you've heard of me. However, do remember they're just rumors. If I didn't enjoy my job, I would not commit so much of my time to it. Rest assured, I know my own limits; that is a key to being succesful in one's duties, after all." Seemingly satisfied with her reply, she turns her attention back to the reception counter.

And I do not look old!

25. - Top - End - #775
    Orc in the Playground

"I know they're just rumors. Doesn't mean that you can't overestimate yourself. For what it's worth, no, you don't look old. But I feel like those measures do your natural beauty a desservice." Soushi commented as he was suddenly gazing at what looked like a photo.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ettin in the Playground

There's a barely audible snarling sound scratching at the edges of Soushi's hearing, which just might be Sayuri gritting her teeth. It's so obvious to her now - clearly, all the insufferable man's actions up to this point had been nothing but act, a sick joke somehow catering to his twisted sense of humor. She barely resists the urge to just shove him out of the door with a well-placed kido. Ugh! Well, at least this should be over soon. Atill, one should not waste time of others like this; I'll write him a letter tomorrow...

Then, she catches the iem in Soushi's hand from the corner of her eye. "Excuse me, what is that?", she asks, peering at the picture over her shoulder.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Orc in the Playground

It's a picture of Saiyuri having fun. With no make-up, and her natural hair color.

Clearly, the weather is about to take a turn for the worse.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #778
    Pixie in the Playground

[9th Division Barracks] (front porch)

Hirokatsu's hidden eyes watched from under his umbrella. The breeze gently swayed his black haori draped over his shoulders, his left hand held the open umbrella against his left shoulder. His right arm hung concealed beneath the haori on his right side.

They were both seemingly feeling each other out at this point, which was to be expected....when would one of them do something unexpected he thought silently.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Dwarf in the Playground

It doesn't hit, but rather he dodges the Sho blast. All that training can do that to you.

He then tries something else. Considering that he's now crouched, he decides to go for a sweeping kick. However, it had a little surprise. Expecting Shou to jump, Sigint extends one of his hands out, and speaks. "Hado 1: Sho." The bolt of force was meant to knock Shou onto the ground as he was in the air.
    Thanks largely to the sudden distraction of a massive, bright, loud explosion in the air above the Seireitei, Shou missed his chance to properly dodge and the Sho struck his shoulder, knocking him spinning. "Bakudo 8: Seki!" Timing it with his spin, he thrust his hand at the ground. Since he couldn't very well repel the ground, the spell shoved him instead, just enough to land on his feet. "Bakudo 7: Sun Flash!" The moment after the cone of light burst from Shou's paw, he blurred into shunpo, leaving an afterimage to Sigint's left as he attacked with a foot-sweep from the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    As Magatsu does all of that, Daisuke stands very still and chew the cookies thoughtfully. It had an interesting taste to it. Did he detect...soap? An odd taste, but one that seemed to enhance the flavor of the rowan. How clever! As he swallowed, he heard Magatsu chanting, and turned toward him.

"Magatsu-sama! Why did you do that?" Daisuke said, a hint of whine in his voice. "I wanted to try another one, so I see if..." Daisuke trailed off as the habanero extract kicked in.

A pregnant pause as the searing pain in Daisuke's tongue made its slow laborious way to his brain. He fought it every step of the way with the thought that it wasn't what was supposed to happen with cookies, but the burning knife in his esophagus begged to differ.

"OW OW OW OW OW OW!!" Daisuke yelled, hopping around the room like a scalded dog. He sat hard on the ground, panting and fanning his poor burning tongue, sulking. "Why did the cookies do that?!" He complained, looking to Magatsu as if it were his fault. "Why didn't you warn me?"
    "I tried, Daisuke-kun! Those... things stopped me! But they can't hurt us any more... what were they?"
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-11-30 at 09:12 AM.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Pixie in the Playground

Daisuke stared at Magatsu, utterly flabbergasted. "...They're cookies. Magatsu-sama, they're just cookies. Are you okay?" Daisuke asked, looking worried. Had Magatsu finally lost it?

Or were they actually Hollow cookies that someone had planted, hoping to kill them?!

"Do you know something I don't, Magatsu-sama?"
    Star Wars iTP characters