New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 2

[1st Division]

In his office, Ryouichi sighs as he begins to receive reports of the most recent Joint-Op patrol. There would be a need for damage control, assessing their losses... and possibly overseeing punishments, on the preliminary results.

Signing off on a few forms, he stands, making his way out at a leisurely pace toward the 4th Division headquarters.

Well, at least it gives me an excuse to leave the office...
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Pixie in the Playground

"Your Zanpakutou?" Asked Seiko, confused. "I actually didn't see it. I didn't think much of it, but you don't have it? Hold on, I'll go check where I found you." And with that, Seiko vanished in a blur of Shunpo.

But the blade wasn't there. Seiko questioned everyone nearby; the farmers, the citizens, the patrolling Shinigami. None had seen Karite's blade. Seiko couldn't imagine worse news to bring to a recovering Vice-Captain.

But he had to tell him. Seiko returned to where Karite was recovering, looking a little uncomfortable. "You blade wasn't there, Karite-san. Did you perhaps leave it in the Mortal World? I could go look there if you want..." It was obvious that Seiko wasn't very confident that it would still be there, especially if there was a Privaron left there.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Karite begins to glare at Seiko.

And then a wall.

If looks could burn things, the wall would be a smouldering wall of ash.

"Dammit Shini, why'd you vanish?"
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Natsuko smiles at him. "Hello there, sleepy. Have fun last night?"

She stretches a little. "I assume you don't have much on today. I'm taking more and more days off work myself..."
    "Huh? Oh, last night? It was alright..." Taiki slides up on the bed, leaning up slightly on his pillow.

"Yeah, it's been a bit slow lately. Not much anyone's really done that requires my expertise. And my division's been quiet as of late. Haven't heard much from Goro. Everywhere else has been quiet." Taiki turns and looks up at the ceiling. Then he looks at Natsuko, his expression softened. "Are you alright?"
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Days Earlier]

Natsuko looks at him. "Yeah, I am. Still dealing with these mood swings, feel bloated, can't fight... but I'm carrying our child. That outweighs anything else, to me."

----

[Present]

Hayashi Natsuko, 13th Division Captain, opens the door on Karite's room. "Karite. What happened?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #156

Karite suddenly takes an interest in a point a few inches above Natsuko's head.

"I heard the call, and went into the Mortal World to help out the Joint-Operation. I engaged the Privaron after a few seconds, because the bloody unseated refused to move, and fought her unreleased for a bit. When the unseated had finally left, Akio came out of nowhere, and engaged Elder. I continued to fight with the Privaron, eventually encasing her cero in ice. However, I turned around, and she stabbed me, and covered me in bandages that seemed to steal my reiatsu. Once I broke out of them, I encased her in ice again, and then... My zanpakuto went out of it's release state before I could kill her.

And now I'm here, without my sword.
    "

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko leaned forwards. "So, why didn't you take a Strike Team? And why, exactly, did she stab you after you turned your back on her when you should have CUT HER HEAD IN HALF!"

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #158

The interest in the point grows.

"Well, I did take a Strike Team, and told them to cover all points, to prevent the Arrancar from getting backup. She stabbed me because she was frozen, and I forgot that I don't control spiritual ice, just regular ice."

This would be more believable if she knew he had a Bankai, that does control spiritual ice.

Oh Karite, you and your plan to hide your abilities.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

Seiko listened for a while to the discussion between Karite and Natsuko, and decided soon afterward that it would be intelligent of him to leave. He mumbled a goodbye and then swiftly made his exit.

In the main barracks, he started looking for either Feiyan-san or Udeoshi-taichou. The sword was definitely not there at Karite's entry point, nor had any of the villagers taken it. It appeared to have simply stopped existing. And Seiko wanted to know what could possibly have caused a Zanpakutou to vanish.

And what effect that would have on the Shinigami.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

"And still leaving an opponent alive. Honestly, Karite, that was a stupid move any way you look at it."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #161

Karite glared at Natsuko.

"I'm well aware, but I've got a more pressing problem. Where's my sword? It's nowhere, and nobody else could find it. So, Natsuko-taichou, where's. My. SWORD!?!?!"

He tries to sit up when he begins to scream, and falls back down, groaning.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Pixie in the Playground

Damn, Seiko cursed inwardly. At this rate, Karite was going to seriously hurt himself.

"Where is Udeoshi-taichou?!" He demanded of the passing Shinigami as he ran through the barracks. He had to find Udeoshi, and quickly. Karite's sword was gone, and something was wrong with his reiatsu. Seiko couldn't say what, but to his senses, something was wrong with Karite, and Udeoshi was probably the only person who could figure out what it was.
    Star Wars iTP characters

13. - Top - End - #163

So... now that the party is all over and stuff, and Yuuki is sober and awake. Kyasarin is angrily searching for him.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

"Karite-fukutaichou. If you could perhaps cull some of your anger? You're not the only patient in recovery, you know."

It was Kazuma. For once, he didn't have his shades on, so his eerily dark purple eyes were visible. They had a slightly glassy look, and the Shinigami looked fairly pale. Blood loss would do that.

He was covered in bandages too, and an unseated 4th divisioner was trying to get him to return to his bed.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

15. - Top - End - #165

Karite lays back in bed, and says with an undertone of rage,

"Kazuma-kun, you can't complain.

You still have your sword, your other being. Mine... Has vanished.
    "

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, and if you had decided to actually follow protocol on this, you would probably still have it.

I can't overlook this, Karite. I'm docking your pay until ten days have passed. If you're still unable to return to duty by then, you're on half pay until you can. That said, all patrols will be on lookout for your Zanpaktou, and once you're physically recovered, you can go and look for it."

Natsuko's tone allows no argument.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-10 at 06:02 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

"As I understand it, Lieutenant Mitsukai, your actions were highly irresponsible, and as a representative of your squad, as well as a high-ranking officer, you should know better." Ryouichi steps in, a grave frown on his face, and letting his reiatsu loose just enough to make it uncomfortable for those nearby.

"And if you truly wish the best for your division, you should not seek to worsen your situation by antagonizing officers from outside the 13th." With that, he turns to Natsuko, with a wane smile. "Anything else I should be aware of? Hopefully you aren't under too much stress from this, Natsuko-san."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko is scowling. "Just really annoyed at the moment. If this happened in about a week from now, we might have problems, but not now. But can you tone down the reiatsu a little, Soutaichou?"

He'll notice Natsuko is using her own reiatsu to protect her child from any potential harm from his reiatsu.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-10 at 06:36 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hideyaki was back at his desk three days after the 'party' as if nothing has happened. In truth, it hadn't, but that was changing, it seemed. News had spread about Karite's rather undignified arrival back from his patrol, and just what that meant. Something had gone wrong, obviously, but Hideyaki had absolutely no idea what.

Besides, it wasn't his problem - although he'd have to talk with Emet later about it - and therefore warranted none of his time. Picking up another sheet of paper, he continues to write.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170

Karite grows surly temporarily, then grins wickedly.

"Wait, so I'm unpaid right now correct?

I'd like to speak to Taiki-taichou for a few minutes, if you don't mind.

I want to speak with someone, in his jail.
    "

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Osamu

"So lively for someone so injured! That really takes me back." the raspy voice comes from the dignified, if bent backed, figure who had silently stepped in while Natsuko had been berating her subordinate. Osamu had a warm smile on his face, even as he uses his own zanpakuto as a cane to walk with. "I'm certain your visit can wait though Karite-kun, I have some questions that I would like to ask you about this Privaron. Information about potential enemies is key after all."

Though it was a bit odd for the oldest living shinigami to be doing such tasks himself, usually he delegated the duty to his Vice-Captain or seated officers to save some of the strain on himself.

"With your permission Natsuko-chan, of course." He says politely, giving a nod of his head towards the pregnant woman, "Nothing too intensive that would strain your man's injuries further then he already has, but the Seireitei's records on the former Espada and Espada are woefully bare and this is an excellent chance to begin remedying this problem as well as extend our understanding of that thrice-cursed Elder."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko nods. "Feel free."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

"Natsuko-sama, I had hoped we would meet under better circunstances. No doubt the situation seems... unsightly." Kazuma offered in respect. "I have some tea leaves that I have been cultivating of late that you may find very good. According to my sources, they are particularly good for expecting mothers, as they improve blood circulation." The 11th divisioner sounded quite humble, almost meek, in front of Natsuko. For some reason, the fact she was pregnant... got to him somehow. It almost begged for him to break the wall he usually put between those he barely knew and himself, but he couldn't tell why.

Maybe it's the radiant glow expecting mothers have.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Karite grows surly temporarily, then grins wickedly.

"Wait, so I'm unpaid right now correct?

I'd like to speak to Taiki-taichou for a few minutes, if you don't mind.

I want to speak with someone, in his jail.
    "
    Ryouichi eyes Karite suspiciously, before turning back to Natsuko with a nod, then giving a slight bow to Osamu. "Lieutenant Mitsukai, perhaps you should focus on Captain Osamu for the time being. As well as recovering your wounds."

He then turns to Kazuma. "You were also on the Joint-Op, yes? Care to tell me how many are in recovery?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #175

[Earlier, at the 13th Division walkway]

Alysha had come through the gate, not far behind Nasumi and Kyou. She was helping Hachirou, and was glad to see others from her division present.

She called for a stretcher, and helped Hachirou onto it. Then she started helping with getting the injured to the 4th division.

[Present, 4th Division]

Alysha is carrying out her normal duties at the barracks. She wasn't skilled enough to do any of the major healing yet, but she is able to do minor to moderate healing. So, she's been going from patient to patient, checking on them, administering what she can.

And it is currently Kazuma's turn.

However, as Ryouichi is currently speaking to Kazuma, she waits, standing at the side of his bed, hands held behind her back. She didn't want to be rude and interrupt.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    [Three Days Earlier]

Natsuko looks at him. "Yeah, I am. Still dealing with these mood swings, feel bloated, can't fight... but I'm carrying our child. That outweighs anything else, to me."
    Taiki's eyes shift slightly. "You're sure? You don't seem to be totally content with the situation. I want to help, if I can."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

"That is correct, sir. Near as I can tell, everyone's got some extent of injury or exhaustion, except maybe Zaraki-san. I got careless... so I ended up getting some bruises for my troubles. Nothing some Kidou and a good night's rest can't fix." The 4th divisioner in charge of his treatment would be inclined to disagree, but it was kind of hard to argue against Kazuma. He just had that kind of vibe. Or maybe that particular 4th divisioner just happened to be a pushover.

"Frankly... just feeling what the Reiatsu from that thing was, it's a small miracle we've got no casualties. I'm not surprised Karite-fukutaichou ended up fighting it to a draw." It was kind of funny to see the 11th divisioner address a Vice-Captain by first name and rank, rather than surname and rank. With practically anyone else Kazuma seemed to have more care with protocol.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178

Kazuma may find that the 4th divisioner that will now treat him will be a little bit harder to disobey.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Ryouichi nods to Kazuma with a thoughtful expression. "Thank you, soldier. As disappointed as I may be in some of you..." Karite may feel he is being referred to. "I am quite glad you all came back alive. But don't push yourself too hard, we have the 4th division for a reason, and not being in good shape can lead to slip-ups." He smiles slightly before departing the recovery room, with a bow to his fellow Captains.

Next stop... the 12th division. The Commander takes out a note on the way there, looking somewhere between tired yet motivated. Upon entering the Headquarters, his first destination is his fellow Captain's office (or lab, as it were).
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #180

Now that Ryouichi has left, Alysha can begin her work!

Alright, Kazuma. Time for me to check on you. Now, please, hold still. And, she'll try to make sure he's laying back before she starts checking him.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS