Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

2. - Top - End - #242
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 2

Right. Now then.... Yuuki walked over to his desk, grabbed a massive stack of papers, and dumped them in front of Kyasarin. Why don't you fill these out for me? I think I'll take the afternoon off. That being said, you've got a lot on your plate, so I shouldn't be keeping you. You should get to work. He said with a smile.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kyasarin glares at him. Glllllaaarrreeeessss.
    Oh he's good. But we'll get him back.
    Shut up you.

She starts filling out the paperwork.
    Last edited by Viera Champion; 2010-10-11 at 03:02 PM.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A little over a minute after Yoshi left Karite's room, he stood at the door of Hachirou's. His expression was one of pained sympathy as he gave a courtesy knock on the door.

"Hachirou, sir, are you able to receive visitors at the moment?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

[4th Division, recovery ward]

The door is opened by the officer who'd been interviewing Hachirou. "You're fine. We just got done with the usual stuff. I'm off the check Yama-dono and Crossdale-kun now." The officer makes way for Yoshi to slip in, then leaves the room and closes the door behind him.

"Hirako-san? What a... pleasure to meet you"
    , Hachirou croaks wearily from his bed. He'd rather be sleeping already. "Was it you shouting to my superior just now?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [3rd Division grounds]

Nasumi is quickly skipping towards her new assigned division. She had first gone towards 10th, then 6th, by memory, until finding the right course. Her face is beaming red - both from berating herself from getting lost, and embarrasment due to her new Shihakusho. They had given her an intact one in the 4th, but it's too short, leaving half of her shins and forearms bare, and much too tight; it had been a struggle to stretch the cloth properly over her bust. She's very much hoping no-one will pay her any attention.

After giving her report to 13th division ("I don't really know, we were so far from others an we fought so many Hollows, and then Kazuma-san got wounded and I really couldn't let him fool around and..."), she had initially thought about going to see Kazuma, but after seeing her wounds were non-existent, they had told her to report back in her own division first.

So, now Nasumi's heading towards Koishima Daisuke's office - she'd been told the youthful 3rd seat would be the go-to person for her platoon. She turns even redder when she remembers what she managed to blurt out when she first saw him ("He's so tiny! I could pick him up and throw him in the air.") Hopefully, he would not remember the case anymore.

Soon enough, she knocks on his office door...
    Daisuke looked up from his work. Was that Sayuri-san already? No, it had only been three days since he'd asked her to help him be more commanding, and she would never have come while he was working. Also, the room's temperature hadn't dropped twenty degrees.

"Come in!" Nasumi would hear a cheery voice from inside say. When she entered, she would see the rare sight of a 13 year-old boy at desk, doing actual paperwork.

"Ah, Nasumi-chan! Can I help you?"
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

7. - Top - End - #247

[Execution Grounds]

It was a solemn event; the execution of a citizen on the soul society. Death in the land of the dead. To earn such a crime required acts so vile that the only solution was to disband the person, wiping their slate clean and letting their soul rejoin the cycle of reincarnation, born anew into the mortal world.

Sakura, Captain of the Third Squad, the one who would deliver final judgment upon the soul that made its way down the ornamental path, walked with precise footfalls, her presence filling the ceremony despite the absolute silence imposed upon all those involved. She leads the condemned man along the path towards the raised platform beneath the towering, ancient oak. When they reach the dais, Sakura turns to face the man. When she finally speaks, her voice cuts through the silence like a blade.

"Terrel Poi, your deeds in this life have earned you the punishment of death, as decreed by the Gottei 13. Do you have any final words you wish to speak?"

The man looks up at her, his hands bond behind his back, and smiles.

"You can kill me, but I promise, my hatred will sustain me even in rebirth. A thousand new lives would not dull my wrath."

He spits on the Captain and grins, waiting for her reaction. Sakura, however, disappoints any expectation of backlash. She simply nods and turns her back on him, stepping forward and lifting the ceremonial sword from its altar.

"Your actions have carried you to this place. Now, this blade shall lift you once more into birth and your sins shall be cleansed."

As she turns back, the man snarls and bares his teeth, rushing towards her with no other intention than to cause whatever pain his limited time permits. Sakura, without any hint of surprise or worry, draws the sword from its sheath and sweeps it forward to meet the man's desperate charge. The weapon cuts halfway through the man, lodging in his chest as his momentum stalls against it.

"Terrel Poi, your sentence has been served."

The Ceremony ended, the grounds cleaned of its necessary mess, another criminal released. Sakura returns to her squad's headquarters, entering silently, her entire demeanor one of deep contemplation. She did not enjoy this part of her possition. But it was one that needed to be done. One that she had fought tooth and nail with the others in the Gottei 13 to allow. No, she did not enjoy executions. But it was far better than the way such affairs ha been handled before her.
    Last edited by Purple Rose; 2010-10-11 at 05:57 PM.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

8. - Top - End - #248

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Seiko laughed at that. "I suppose that I could, but he isn't my subordinate, and it might cause some problems if I go around severing things in the middle of the 4th division. And there are so many witnesses..." Seiko said a little wistfully.

"But actually, Karite-san seems a bit louder than usual. Where is Udeoshi-taichou? Karite-san's condition seems to be worsening."
    Alysha giggled a little at Seiko's comment. She thought it was funny.

As for the whereabouts of her superior...

Um, if the Captain isn't in his office, I think he might be at a local restaurant. But, don't worry, he shouldn't be gone long. Not with this many people here.

Alysha did find Kazuma's injuries odd. She'd have to check with him later. In case it's something he doesn't want to share with his superior. Doctor-patient confidentiality and all.

She was about to finish up with Kazuma when Yoshi walked in.

And she stood in shock after he left.

She shifted a little at Kazuma's side, not exactly sure what to do now. Guess that yelling caught her off guard.

Honestly, she wasn't exactly sure why he was getting yelled at. But, then again, she wasn't paying attention to what he was doing when the fight was happening. She was more worried about keeping the unconscious Kyou safe from harm.

She was a little sad to hear that Kyou still hadn't woke up. She'd have to check on her later. After Hachirou.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Magatsu was leaning against the wall inside the entrance hall of 3rd Division's headquarters, waiting for Sakura. "You look even more somber than usual, Sakura-taichou. No enjoyment of a job well done?"
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[4th Division, recovery ward]

The door is opened by the officer who'd been interviewing Hachirou. "You're fine. We just got done with the usual stuff. I'm off the check Yama-dono and Crossdale-kun now." The officer makes way for Yoshi to slip in, then leaves the room and closes the door behind him.

"Hirako-san? What a... pleasure to meet you"
    , Hachirou croaks wearily from his bed. He'd rather be sleeping already. "Was it you shouting to my superior just now?"
    Yoshi steps quietly into the room, standing next to Hachirou's bed.

"It was. I felt I needed to express my feelings regarding that...incident. He doesn't deserve to get off light for that."

He examines Hachirou's current state.

"I won't lie and say you look "great". But you look like you're holding steady. Sadly, I don't do biosciences, so I don't have a handy gadget for such a situation. I mostly just make guns, and a few other trinkets. You're welcome to a couple if you'd like. Once you're recovered, that is. Have they said how long that will take?"

11. - Top - End - #251

Kyasarin yells as she finishes all the paperwork.
    Ha! All done. Take that Captain!
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Alysha giggled a little at Seiko's comment. She thought it was funny.

As for the whereabouts of her superior...

Um, if the Captain isn't in his office, I think he might be at a local restaurant. But, don't worry, he shouldn't be gone long. Not with this many people here.

Alysha did find Kazuma's injuries odd. She'd have to check with him later. In case it's something he doesn't want to share with his superior. Doctor-patient confidentiality and all.

She was about to finish up with Kazuma when Yoshi walked in.

And she stood in shock after he left.

She shifted a little at Kazuma's side, not exactly sure what to do now. Guess that yelling caught her off guard.

Honestly, she wasn't exactly sure why he was getting yelled at. But, then again, she wasn't paying attention to what he was doing when the fight was happening. She was more worried about keeping the unconscious Kyou safe from harm.

She was a little sad to hear that Kyou still hadn't woke up. She'd have to check on her later. After Hachirou.
    Kazuma may not be the best at reading people, but he could tell that Alysha was curious about the cracked bones. As Seiko left, in an attempt to 'break the ice', so to speak, he gently tugged on her Shihakusho to get her attention. "Alysha-san. Some of these injuries are a side-effect of the technique I was talking to Seiko-san about. It consists of accelerating my body with Shunpo at close-range to deliver attacks with greater impact speed. I suspect I may have harmed my bones somewhat in the process."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Pixie in the Playground

Seiko could be found sitting in a tree, still in the fourth division grounds. For some reason, this didn't quite add up. He didn't know Karite that well, but what he did know of the man didn't match what he'd seen today. Perhaps it was just the stress of losing his Zanpakutou, though. Seiko knew that he'd be very distressed if he were to lose Maikenoumaru.

But then, that was another question: what had happened to Karite's Zanpakutou? It couldn't have just vanished; Zanpakutou don't just disappear into thin air. It must still be somewhere, but it wasn't with Karite (obviously) and it wasn't where Karite had appeared. That left only one place it could be: the Mortal World. But it wouldn't be easy to assemble a team to go find it; the Mortal World wasn't somewhere where one could just waltz in and out of. He'd have to get permission from Michiko-taichou herself to go there and back. Perhaps he'd go ask her.

Later.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

14. - Top - End - #254

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Kyasarin yells as she finishes all the paperwork.
    Ha! All done. Take that Captain!
    Yuuki grins. Really? All right! Next... he dumps a large, full plastic bag in front of her. Trash. Goes. Out. Capiche?
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kiku wasn't really interested in the gambling part of poker, so she didn't really gain or lose much from the little party. She was more interested in having fun and socializing. And sake. Sakes's good too. Although these days were becoming much more interesting since the incident three days ago. Hollows were getting bolder. The stranger and stronger ones had been sighted long enough to engage. They usually got away too quickly to fight properly and left a rare stock of survivors.

"Too bad we lost. Whatever, my job is about to become a whole lot more interesting." She mused to herself aloud.

16. - Top - End - #256

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Kazuma may not be the best at reading people, but he could tell that Alysha was curious about the cracked bones. As Seiko left, in an attempt to 'break the ice', so to speak, he gently tugged on her Shihakusho to get her attention. "Alysha-san. Some of these injuries are a side-effect of the technique I was talking to Seiko-san about. It consists of accelerating my body with Shunpo at close-range to deliver attacks with greater impact speed. I suspect I may have harmed my bones somewhat in the process."
    Alysha nods in agreement. Yeah, I'd say that's what probably did it. Faster impact means more force, and your bones can only take so much.

Um, do you think you could go a little slower next time you do it? I mean, I don't think I can convince you to not do it. But, well, maybe you can just do it more carefully.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

"In hindsight, Seiko-sama is right: the battlefield is no place to test a technique." Kazuma admitted wearily. "Maybe if I could use something to lessen the impact to my own body, or strengthen my skeleton somehow... Is there such a thing in Healing Kidou?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

18. - Top - End - #258

Alysha thinks for a moment before answering. Um...I don't think so. Healing Kidou is more about repairing damage, not so much preventing it.

Maybe somebody in the twelfth division might have something that can work? Other than that, all I can think of is training.

She thinks again. Maybe you could ask your spirit? It might have some advice for you.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #259

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Magatsu was leaning against the wall inside the entrance hall of 3rd Division's headquarters, waiting for Sakura. "You look even more somber than usual, Sakura-taichou. No enjoyment of a job well done?"
    Sakura looks at her Vice-Captain.

"Not all jobs well down should be reveled in."

She looks thoughtful.

"I take it your duties for the day are complete, Magatsu?"
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Daisuke looked up from his work. Was that Sayuri-san already? No, it had only been three days since he'd asked her to help him be more commanding, and she would never have come while he was working. Also, the room's temperature hadn't dropped twenty degrees.

"Come in!" Nasumi would hear a cheery voice from inside say. When she entered, she would see the rare sight of a 13 year-old boy at desk, doing actual paperwork.

"Ah, Nasumi-chan! Can I help you?"
    Nasumi, still red, stiffly salutes Daisuke as she steps into his office. This causes an audible rip as her Shihakusho's seams give away near around her right armpit, and Nasumi quickly turns from beet red to flour white. She quickly lowers her hand, before walking closer to Daisuke's desk. Some unknown factor makes it look like the towering young woman shrinks as she comes forward, even though she all but block Daisuke's view of the rest of the room.

"Un - unseated Zaraki Nasumi reporting back from Gotei Joit-Operations Mission, Koishima-sama!"
    , she blurts out nervously, bowing so deep so quickly she almost hits her head on Daisuke's desk. When she stands up, she finds, to her horror, that she has no idea what more to say. "Um..."

"... may I go now?"

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Yoshi steps quietly into the room, standing next to Hachirou's bed.

"It was. I felt I needed to express my feelings regarding that...incident. He doesn't deserve to get off light for that."

He examines Hachirou's current state.

"I won't lie and say you look "great". But you look like you're holding steady. Sadly, I don't do biosciences, so I don't have a handy gadget for such a situation. I mostly just make guns, and a few other trinkets. You're welcome to a couple if you'd like. Once you're recovered, that is. Have they said how long that will take?"
    Hachirou tries to shrug, but it turns out too energy intensive, so he settles nodding slightly with look of blatant indifference on his face. "Rest of the week, at least. Maybe longer. It depends on whether they'll wait me to naturally replenish my Reiryoku or not. To be honest, I wouldn't mind a break myself."

Ha! I knew it! You're just lazing off! Slacker

"You know, it's a real shame about Karite. He's improved so much during the last decade, it's really sad to see him lose that trust again."
    Hachirou half closes his lids and almost appears sleeping, though he still keeps track of Yoshi from the corner of his eye. "I wonder what Ito-jiisama will think of this once he hears about it. He'll be heart-broken, that's for sure."

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hachirou tries to shrug, but it turns out too energy intensive, so he settles nodding slightly with look of blatant indifference on his face. "Rest of the week, at least. Maybe longer. It depends on whether they'll wait me to naturally replenish my Reiryoku or not. To be honest, I wouldn't mind a break myself."

Ha! I knew it! You're just lazing off! Slacker

"You know, it's a real shame about Karite. He's improved so much during the last decade, it's really sad to see him lose that trust again."
    Hachirou half closes his lids and almost appears sleeping, though he still keeps track of Yoshi from the corner of his eye. "I wonder what Ito-jiisama will think of this once he hears about it. He'll be heart-broken, that's for sure."
    Yoshi nodded as Hachirou described his condition.

"After that cluster****, I wouldn't mind a break myself. I'll probably just sit myself in my lab for a while. Well, after I try helping Karite find his sword. As mad as I am, even I can't wish that on him.

As for the loss of trust...
    "

Yoshi shrugs.

"That's what happens when he does those things. Hopefully he'll learn from this. At any rate, I'll leave you be for now. Just wanted to make sure you were alright. Nearly dying together tends to build camaraderie."

Yoshi gives the man a slight bow, and turns to leave after Hachirou's parting words.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

"I never knew there was such thing as training for strengthening bone. Muscles are relatively simple to develop, but..." Kazuma ponders. "Supposedly, bone that cracks or breaks is bound to heal stronger than before. But the idea of intentionally cracking or breaking my bones to make them stronger doesn't sound right. I guess the 12th division is a good bet... as is the Kido Corps."

Perhaps Masaru-taichou could have some advice for me?
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-10-12 at 05:24 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

[4th Division recovery ward]

Hachirou feels a tinge of relief when it becomes clear the other man isn't going to bug him for long. Then he remembers something, and speaks up to halt Yoshi. "Could you wait for a moment longer, Hirako-san?" Yoshi will find the 13th seat now looking at him with both eyes open again. "Those guns you mentioned... it brings to mind something I'd like to ask you. I know I can just read it from your report later, but it's been bugging me..."

"I recall you telling me over the radio that you had to engage that Privaron... but why did you enter close combat with it. You are a long-range combatant... I'm fairly sure so was that man accompanying you from the Kido Corps. It would've been better if you'd stayed hidden and just stalled it with Bakudo until help came... so what was your reasoning behind that decision?"

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[4th Division recovery ward]

Hachirou feels a tinge of relief when it becomes clear the other man isn't going to bug him for long. Then he remembers something, and speaks up to halt Yoshi. "Could you wait for a moment longer, Hirako-san?" Yoshi will find the 13th seat now looking at him with both eyes open again. "Those guns you mentioned... it brings to mind something I'd like to ask you. I know I can just read it from your report later, but it's been bugging me..."

"I recall you telling me over the radio that you had to engage that Privaron... but why did you enter close combat with it. You are a long-range combatant... I'm fairly sure so was that man accompanying you from the Kido Corps. It would've been better if you'd stayed hidden and just stalled it with Bakudo until help came... so what was your reasoning behind that decision?"
    Yoshi stopped at the door, turning back into the room. His face looks thoughtful for several moments.

"A couple of factors. First, my team had been moving for speed, not stealth, so we approached in the open. Second, none of my weapons that I had on my person had a notably long range. Especially the shotgun; it's powerful, but the shot looses power quickly. The pistols do a bit better, but they're not as powerful. I'd not anticipated a situation of that sort. Had I, I likely would have swapped the shotgun for a rifle, to better do what you're suggesting. Finally, I suppose it just slipped my mind. I was as or more concerned with backing up Kyo than sniping from the shadows. She...charged in too recklessly, and so we couldn't alter the battlefield as much as I would have preferred."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Hachirou sighs and closes his eyes again. "So it was her", he says, a disappointed frown spreading on his face. For a moment, he wishes he could muster up strenght to slap his forehead. "You know, you could've just said that first. You know yourself those other things are just excuses - you had to abandon a sensible strategy to save an incompetent underling. That's what you should focus on if you want to improve as a leader and make sure likes of her don't kick the bucket."

"It's a superior's duty to ensure his underlings trust him and have the good sense to obey when orders are given. I can't blame you for what happened to her with a good consicence, but understand that she was your responsibility. Next time likes of her come along, be prepared to hang them upside-down from a tree with Hainawa."

"It's better to listen them whining than listen to a monk chanting eulogy."

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    Sakura looks at her Vice-Captain.

"Not all jobs well down should be reveled in."

She looks thoughtful.

"I take it your duties for the day are complete, Magatsu?"
    "I just finished the paperwork regarding Terrel Poi, and Daisuke-kun has the rest of it under control for the moment. I figured I'd see how you were doing after a rare instance of being allowed to do our duty. And I respectfully disagree, Sakura-taichou... one should always enjoy their job, especially if it can be done well." He fell into step besides his Captain. "I assume things will be boring as usual for a while?"
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hachirou sighs and closes his eyes again. "So it was her", he says, a disappointed frown spreading on his face. For a moment, he wishes he could muster up strenght to slap his forehead. "You know, you could've just said that first. You know yourself those other things are just excuses - you had to abandon a sensible strategy to save an incompetent underling. That's what you should focus on if you want to improve as a leader and make sure likes of her don't kick the bucket."

"It's a superior's duty to ensure his underlings trust him and have the good sense to obey when orders are given. I can't blame you for what happened to her with a good consicence, but understand that she was your responsibility. Next time likes of her come along, be prepared to hang them upside-down from a tree with Hainawa."

"It's better to listen them whining than listen to a monk chanting eulogy."
    Yoshi winced as the truth hit right to the core.

"You're correct in the end. Though my weapon range isn't quite as flimsy of an excuse. I'll...I'll keep your words in mind. It's been a couple of decades since I've done anything but invent and train. I suppose I'll have to mull over leadership for the future. After all..."

Here he smirked a bit, and his tone became good-natured, but teasing.

"I'll have a bigger paycheck and research budget the higher I go. Thank you for your time and advice, Hachirou. Was there anything else you needed to speak with me about?"

28. - Top - End - #268

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "I never knew there was such thing as training for strengthening bone. Muscles are relatively simple to develop, but..." Kazuma ponders. "Supposedly, bone that cracks or breaks is bound to heal stronger than before. But the idea of intentionally cracking or breaking my bones to make them stronger doesn't sound right. I guess the 12th division is a good bet... as is the Kido Corps."

Perhaps Masaru-taichou could have some advice for me?
    Alysha shakes her head. That's not quite what I meant. I mean, slowly increasing the speed you do it at should slowly let your bones get used to the pressure from it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

"That's already what I do in training, but it didn't hold out so well in practice. There must be something else I can do. I don't think this can't be done without inflicting injury onto oneself. Maybe I need to get better at Shunpo first?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270

Alysha shrugs a little. Maybe. I'm not sure. But, I mean, if this is something that's gonna injure you like this every time you use it, do you really want to use it?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS