New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 2

Afternoon of the Day After the Gym Battle

Houheiden Shrine

As she is sweeping the back of the shrine (or something), Sayaka should hear a rustling coming from a nearby tree.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-10-14 at 08:07 PM.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Road To Houheiden Shrine
    The...future?

Nakahiro walks with the rest of the students, customarily leaning his umbrella on his shoulder. He is lost in his thoughts for most of the trip; yesterday's incredible events were still difficult for him to fully believe. Every so often, he winces and looks at his left arm, which is rather obviously throbbing in pain. Perhaps it was injured, but it is impossible to tell with his sleeve covering it.

His own evening had been restful; he had collapsed into a deep, dreamless sleep soon after he had gotten home, and awoken with a sense of...wholeness was probably the best word to describe it. In the morning, he had practiced more with his powers, and was gaining an increasing degree of control over them. Despite this, he still had a long way to go, and he knows it.

He looks over at Kaito as the new telekinetic drops the ball he was practicing with.

"Careful."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Afternoon of the Day After the Gym Battle

Houheiden Shrine

As she is sweeping the back of the shrine (or something), Sayaka should hear a rustling coming from a nearby tree.
    Sayaka
    [Houheiden]

The night had been awkward for sleeping, but a Shrine is a peaceful place to do such a thing. So it was normal for Sayaka. Except Michiko was in her bed.

Cicada cries were disappearing now. Autumn coming soon.
    But they had something to do today, so Sayaka was waiting outside for other students to arrive. Then there was a rustling coming from a nearby tree. Sayaka turned to look at it.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

4. - Top - End - #304
    Barbarian in the Playground

((Right. Since Tacky appears for all intents and purposes to be gone out of the game, and since Henry is therefore locked in a time limbo with the now-playerless Hisamori House, I'm gonna just say he had... mixed success with them.))

Somewhere near the Houheiden Shrine

Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why was he getting back into this? It ended about as bad as it could have done the last time he bothered to pay attention to the things he saw. Still, something about this whole case... bugged him. It didn't help when the Hisamoris were a wash out.

He'd gained precious little information from them about well, anything. His one lead on this entire thing pretty much fizzled and died. There was something more to this, though. Something that- No. Thinking like that is what- is what- ...Nevermind.

...We-e-ell... He could rationalise it as part of his job, right? Wasn't it his duty to uncover the truth? Yeah! It was. But why go this far when an easy-to-swallow explanation sat right there in the form of a gas pipe explosion?

Because it wasn't the truth.

Henry was snapped out of his reverie by a honking horn behind him and the glare of a traffic light. Hastily and apologetically accelerating away, he double-checks his destination. Houheiden Shrine had absolutely nothing to do with the case on first glance, but on a second look the logic sorta-kinda comes through. If you want to learn about baking, go to a bakery. If you want to learn about butchery, go to a butchers. If you want to learn about the spiritual, go to a shrine.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

[Back of Houheiden Shrine]
    As Sayaka looks directly at the tree, a yelp comes from it and something falls out of the branches. It spins wildly, but somehow manages to land on its feet. It's the strange catgirl from yesterday, now wearing an eyemask.

"I-" As she takes a step forward, she slips on something and falls flat on her face.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken
    [Houheiden]

Ken waited along with Sayaka and likewise noticed the noise. Upon seeing its source fall he urgently ran over to it, bent down and extended a hand. "Are you alright?" He felt highly inclined to help. After all, who didn't like catgirls?

7. - Top - End - #307
    Orc in the Playground

[Hoheiden Shrine Steps]

Valeria advances timidly behind Kaito and Nakahiro, looking tense and slightly troubled. She idly pulls out her cell-phone to look at the time. She had checked in with her mother to make sure it was okay for her to stay with her friends for a while... but she was still anxious, her dad was supposed to be home today, after all. Not to mention, the similarity between her and that monster, and suddenly gaining its power...

What am I...?
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Ken
    [Houheiden]

Ken waited along with Sayaka and likewise noticed the noise. Upon seeing its source fall he urgently ran over to it, bent down and extended a hand. "Are you alright?" He felt highly inclined to help. After all, who didn't like catgirls?
    Ayase takes his hand, flushing slightly with embarassment. "You were, ah, at that school last night?" she asks as she pulls herself to her feet. Guh, I hoped she'd be alone...

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yup. Nice outfit by the way," said Ken with a totally straight face and an honest delivery.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Venti Buon

Reene turns to face Rosa, smiling.

I'm quite well, thank you Rosa, and it is nice to see you working here... Bonaventura certainly needed a more serious staff."

A large sweatdrop can almost be seen on Donovan's forehead.

"And now, I will be going, see you next week."

Reene makes her way back to the door, and right before she leaves, she shoots a chilling sideglance at Beck.

Is that the sillhouette of a gigantic monstrosity looming threateningly around the principal? No, that is silly, must be the result of a combination excessive caffeine, hiperactive imagination and absolute dread.

----

Houheiden

A small, white bird flies around the edge of the shrine grounds, landing on a tree branch.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #311
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Venti Buon

Reene turns to face Rosa, smiling.

I'm quite well, thank you Rosa, and it is nice to see you working here... Bonaventura certainly needed a more serious staff."

A large sweatdrop can almost be seen on Donovan's forehead.

"And now, I will be going, see you next week."

Reene makes her way back to the door, and right before she leaves, she shoots a chilling sideglance at Beck.

Is that the sillhouette of a gigantic monstrosity looming threateningly around the principal? No, that is silly, must be the result of a combination excessive caffeine, hiperactive imagination and absolute dread.
    The backwards complement didn't get lost on Rosa, but she just keeps smiling as usual. She then bows to Reene when she goes to leave. "Thank you very much, Lucaster-sama. I will see you next week, then. Goodbye!" She gives a small wave, then turns to Donovan when Reene is gone and safely out of earshot. "Don't worry, Donovan-sama."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

Venti Buon

The sweatdrop appears again.

"Can't help. She scares me."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #313
    Orc in the Playground

Venti Buon

The sweatdrop appears again.

"Can't help. She scares me."
    Rosa just smiles. "My personal experience with her has been rather pleasant."

She then looks back to Donovan. "So, what orders do I have?"
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

"No, nothing for today Rosa, we are about to close in fact. So you can start readying yourself to go home."

Dodge commenting on the evil, evil woman.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #315
    Orc in the Playground

"No, nothing for today Rosa, we are about to close in fact. So you can start readying yourself to go home."

Dodge commenting on the evil, evil woman.
    Rosa nods. "Alright."

Rosa then goes about closing down.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Road To Houheiden Shrine
    The...future?

Nakahiro walks with the rest of the students, customarily leaning his umbrella on his shoulder. He is lost in his thoughts for most of the trip; yesterday's incredible events were still difficult for him to fully believe. Every so often, he winces and looks at his left arm, which is rather obviously throbbing in pain. Perhaps it was injured, but it is impossible to tell with his sleeve covering it.

His own evening had been restful; he had collapsed into a deep, dreamless sleep soon after he had gotten home, and awoken with a sense of...wholeness was probably the best word to describe it. In the morning, he had practiced more with his powers, and was gaining an increasing degree of control over them. Despite this, he still had a long way to go, and he knows it.

He looks over at Kaito as the new telekinetic drops the ball he was practicing with.

"Careful."
    Kaito looks to his friend with a half-smile.

"Yeah. I'll...yeah. Careful is good."

With that, he turns his attention back to the path in front of them.

Before long, the group came up to the entrance to the Shrine area. Kaito looked around, a bit perplexed.

"Not really a doorbell...but I'm not sure where to go from here..."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "Yup. Nice outfit by the way," said Ken with a totally straight face and an honest delivery.
    A smile starts to form on her reddened face.

"Anyway..." She turns quickly to Sayaka, her face serious. "I came to ask you. You seem to know quite a bit about the Akumushi. As a Warrior of Pure Love I need to know everything I can about them."
    She suddenly bows before her.
    "Miko of this shrine, please teach me!"
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-10-16 at 07:08 AM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Halfling in the Playground

Beck shivered involuntarily, and for a second, glimpsed an outline of something truly monstrous. Note to self.... she thought. Either the world's conspiring against me, or she's got some weird powers.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

19. - Top - End - #319
    Pixie in the Playground

((OOC: Yes, I'm finally back - And yes, there will be a registry post for this character eventually. Also, I'm not entirely sure what time of day it currently is in the Mortal World, so the time in this post may be a bit lot off.))

Mila sat on the rail of the fire escape, her legs dangling over the side, more than six meters from the ground. It had occured to her that someone, prehaps the owner of the restaurant - What was the place called again? Lucky Cat, or something like it - would likely notice her eventually, but that concern was hardly formost in her mind. She took a deep drag from her smouldering cigarette to steady her frayed nerves, wondering when a target would appear. The afternoon sun was already beginning to set, and she was uncomfortable with hunting after dark.

Why are you hunting at all? Her sensible subconcious interjected. Leave it to the soul reapers - It's their damn job, not the job of some teenage girl with heroic fantasies.

She shook her head to clear these thoughts, reaching for her MP3 player so as to turn up the volume on the electronica blaring through her headphones. It wasn't her job to hunt, that was true, but it was better than spending time at the moronic parties that she claimed to attend. It truly was amazing the kind of fabrications that her classmates would accept, and even more amazing that she had actually been able to remain in control of the intracate lie that was her school life for upwards of three years now. Then again, she knew better than anyone else the lengths that she would go to for attention - When others were around, that is. When she was alone, as on these weekly hunts, she was perfectly content to forgo attention-grabbing antics and flashy stunts in favor of a suitable vantage point, a dusty beige trench coat (to ward off the evening chill more so than anything) and some quality time with a blade, a monsterous opponent and some music.

She cast another cursory glance down the alleyway above which she was perched, her hand instinctively tightening it's grip upon the worn cloth wrappings on the hilt of her stolen nodachi, which lay balanced across her thighs. There was no doubt in her mind that it would appear. She could feel the electric tension in the air, and just a hint of forboding - No, that was only in her own mind. She was always apprehensive before battle, but the rush was worth it. Besides, she had done this often enough that she should know better than to be afraid. They made weak opponents, and today she was running high on adrenaline and nicotine. This would be just like any other hunt, on any other night.

Her doubts assuaged, all that Mila had to do now was watch and wait, counting the seconds with each lazy tap of her booted foot against the balusters of the rail.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rex watched the exchange curiously, not picking up on anything other than the principal honestly being a bit of a prick. Once she left, he noticed Rosa starting to close the shop, and glanced at Beck. "So, uh... she seems... innerestin'. Yeah, let's go with that. They're shuttin' down, so see you at school tomorrow?"
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

21. - Top - End - #321
    Halfling in the Playground

Beck grinned. Sure thing. Well, I should be going home now. See ya. She pushed the paper towards Rex and stood up. With a wave, she turned and left the cafe. Later! She called, as the door closed shut.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

22. - Top - End - #322
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Later!" Rex downed the last of his coffee and tossed the cup into the trash can with impeccable aim, then wandered out of the cafe back towards his own apartment.

MEANWHILE, IN THE TIMEY-WIMEY BALL

Shou unwrapped the paper from a dried persimmon he'd had in his sash and idly licked at the fruit as he surveyed Phoenix Town. He'd heard all about the Joint-Ops fiasco, of course... as a proud member of Ninth Division, it was his job to know things. He was honestly slightly irked that nobody had contacted him about it beforehand; from the sound of it, the group charged in half-cocked without any proper intelligence, and blundered right into a disaster. Shou's tail bristled at the thought of a Vice-Captain actually misjudging an opponent so badly as to lose his Zanpakutou; he couldn't stand such things. He understood that recon couldn't fill people in on everything, but this sounded more like negligence than anything else. Ah well. At least he was doing field work instead of stuck behind a desk.

He stuffed the persimmon into his mouth and blurred from rooftop to rooftop, comfortably invisible to the mortals going about their everyday lives. He rather enjoyed his trips to the Mortal World; they let him see the people he was safeguarding by virtue of his role as a Shinigami. He had more pressing matters than mortalwatching right now, though... Shou had mentally divided the city into a grid and was methodically eliminating each as a possible location of the Zanpakutou. Then, near a restaurant called Lucky Cat, he caught two pings of reiatsu. Neither very strong, but one was decidedly Hollow. The other... weak, but nobody ever said Shou wasn't curious. He Flash Stepped to the roof of an adjacent building, glancing around, and quickly spotted a rather odd sight: a girl sitting on the fire escape with a large sword. No shihakusho and the low reiatsu meant she wasn't a Shinigami, so what was she doing?

The Zanpakutou could wait a couple minutes. Shou decided to watch her for a bit, and finished munching on his persimmon.

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

23. - Top - End - #323
    Pixie in the Playground

Seated on the fire escape, Mila twitched suddenly, her eyes casting this way and that as she tried to discern the origin of the new spirtual presence that she felt. It felt powerful, much larger than that of the creatures which she hunted. Still, even as she glanced across the neighboring rooftops in a vain attempt to identify it's source, she had decided that it was not an immediate threat. After all, it seemed to have ceased motion, and though it was close to her current location, another presence was closer, and approaching at a rapid pace.

I was right, she thought, her emotions wavering between exitement and apprehension. There'll be one hell of a hunt tonight.

Jamming the sword through the belt of her overcoat, she swung her legs back over the rail, so that she now stood on the fire escape platform. With each passing second, she could feel the presence growing closer, and she knew that the creature would soon be visible from her vantage point in the alleyway. To gain the element of surprise, she would have to act quickly. Thanking Kami that the platform was accessed by a ladder rather than stairs, she clambered quickly and silently down until she was a scant five feet above the filthy, wet concrete. She maneuvered herself so that she faced outwards, away from the ladder, and prepared to jump.

At that moment, the Hollow that she had been sensing burst into the alleyway, moving at a breakneck pace. It took a form that appeared similar to that of an arachnid, if spiders had a dozen legs and twisted, grotesquely humanoid bone masks. It was a low and squat creature, and it barreled towards her location without truely seeing her, as she hung above it's feild of vision. It didn't even register her presence until she had lept from the ladder, nodachi in hand, and landed directly on top of the bony carapace covering it's abdomen. Her blade skittered off harmlessly, leaving only the barest scratch in the surface, and as the spider-Hollow bucked wildly, she lost her footing, rolling desperately to one side as she landed on the concrete.

Mila sprang to her feet, wincing as the muscles in her chest protested her hard landing. Dodging a wild blow from one of the creature's powerful clawed legs, she quickly attempted to assess it's vulnerabilities, but saw nothing but bone armor.

S***! She thought, panicked now, the pounding of her heartbeat ringing in her ears. Does this damn thing even have a weakness?

Suddenly the Hollow was upon her again, striking out with it's front legs in a pincer movement. She threw herself flat, but one of the claws caught her right shoulder, drawing blood. Not a deep wound, but definitely a painful one.

As she landed, she caught sight of it's underbelly, and nearly cheered with joy - It was completely unarmored.

With a grunt, she rolled through the tangle of frantically stabbing legs (which earned her two more gashes, one across her forehead and another on her left ankle, tearing through the leather of her boot), coming to rest directly beneath it's lumbering form. Before it could realize where she had gone, or so much as utter a coaxing word against it's frenzied human attacker, she had flipped the nodachi around in her grip to clutch it with both hands. Another split second and she wrenched the blade upwards and towards herself, tearing a massive rent into the black flesh.

The hollow vaporized in an instant, flickering out of existance with a frenzied scream, just as the song that had been blaring it's climax through her headphones during the short skirmish drew to a close.

Done.

She got to her feet hesitantly, knowing that she would have some wonderful bruises in the morning - The pavement was far from soft. She stood in the alleyway, gazing out into the street for a moment as she paused to catch her breath. Another successful hunt.
    Last edited by Artemis Dreamer; 2010-10-16 at 05:03 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shou felt the Hollow drawing closer and tensed, ready to fight if need be. Oddly, the girl he watched also grew agitated and moved to a more advantageous position... apparently she could sense it too. Shou cocked his head, intrigued, even as he drew Gensoutenmaru and prepared to fight. Moments later a spiderlike Hollow burst into the alley, making a beeline past the girl, straight for him.

And then the strange girl dove onto the Hollow, spectacularly failing to wound it with her nodachi.

Think we should help?

Of course. Shou leapt to the alley floor, preparing to Shunpo around the Hollow's flailing legs, when the girl rolled under it and slew it, much to his surprise.

I didn't see that coming.

The girl shakily stood, bleeding from several gashes, and looked out into the street. Shou resheathed Gensoutenmaru and approached her from behind. This was worth a try, at least.

"That was impressive. Do you require bandages?"

25. - Top - End - #325
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sora walked out of his house, grimacing. He looks upwards, towards the sky, before continuing his walk.

"Damn I'm hungry. Wonder whats around to eat..."

As he looks around, he doesn't see any Hollows. This, of course, is aggravating to the Living Arrancar, and he shakes his head. Because now he knows the reason there aren't as many Hollows.

"Freaking Izumi.. She couldn't just let two or three go?"

He spies one, and grinning, he readies himself to fight...

And then Mila takes out, causing Sora to sigh and groan, before he fades into a blur, and reappears far outside the city.

He grins, looking around the forest he was in.

"Splendid! Hollows shouldn't be sparse outside the city!"

and it turns out he was right, as a Hollow saunters out of the woods.

Sora lets out a war cry, before entering his pseudo-espada state, and stabbing the Hollow, right through the eye.

The thing roars, and Sora takes a large bite out of it's shoulder, as it howls again.

He then decapitates the poor thing, and eats.

He stands up, his clothes covered in blood, reentering his mortal state.

Where his clothes were not covered in blood.

He returns to the city, and goes back to his place.

His cemetery.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-10-16 at 11:18 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [Houheiden]

Sayaka looked at Ken and Ayase with her neutral look. She was resting her chin on her broom.

"...

It is unusual for a Monster Cat to come to a Shrine. Maybe it is the first time to hear of a Monster Cat of Pure Love, and for such a creature to ask of Evil Bugs."

She stood up and moved to sweep the dust and leaves from Ayase's fall. She is silent when she does this. But when she finishes, she pulls a talisman out of her sleeve and tries to slap it with her cool neutral motion on Ayase's forehead.

"Shrine Maidens and Monster Cats don't often have a good relationship. Maybe this discussion should begin with a little more."

She looks at Ken with an almost accusation look.

"...Is this a friend of yours?"

Kaito and his friends may hear a familiar sounding voice.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm not a monster!" she says indignantly. ...maybe Denden, but he doesn't even have two tails... "I'm a magical gir- ow!" She rubs her head and attempts to remove the talisman.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-10-17 at 09:11 AM.

28. - Top - End - #328

"Um.. Miss Sayaka, I presume?"

Behind Ayase, a middle-aged man with the unmistakable trappings of a detective had stepped into view. It almost looked like Henry had been there for a while, and well... he had, to be honest. The detective had spent the last 5 minutes looking for someone to talk about.

"Have I came at an inopportune time?" he asks, carefully averting his gaze from quite possibly the stupidest thing he's ever seen in his life. Catgirl? Seriously?
    Last edited by Steilos; 2010-10-17 at 10:32 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Denden mutters something to Ayase.
    "Oh, we were just in the middle of a cosplay shoot."

30. - Top - End - #330

Henry is forced to look at Ayase because of her comment. He does not appreciate this.

"...That really isn't a concern of mine. I'm not here to arrest cosplayers. Although that should be a crime."

Turning back to the Shrine girl, Henry look at the slip of paper in his hand and frowns.

"Hm. I appear to have gotten your name backwards. Sorry, Miss Kondo. Are you in the middle of something?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show