New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 2

[Sora's Hideout]

Silva blinked and turned around when she heard her name.

Yui? Wha-?

Then Sora sees them. Silva whips back around, and as his reiatsu surges, she draws her dagger in one fluid motion, taking a fighting stance.

Then Yui questions the boy, and he backs down. Silva looks between them, her stance relaxing slightly.

Okay...am I missing something here? What's going on?

She still holds her dagger.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2010-10-23 at 10:41 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #392
    Orc in the Playground

[Hoheiden Shrine]

Valeria sits silently. In fact, she looks slightly more sickly than normal... but, she hides it behind an intent, determined expression. Hollows... Is that what they're called? ...She has felt a little uncomfortable ever since entering the shrine, but perhaps it was just in her mind.

"...I'd like to know what Hollows are... Maybe that'll explain what I am..."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Rex's evening may be interrupted by the feel of Hollow reiatsu. Coming from pretty near by.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #394
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rex had walked several blocks in search of cumin when the telltale sour note of a Hollow's presence twinged his reiatsu sense. He scowled as he stopped at a street corner and looked around, trying to get a better sense of the Hollow's location and disguise said scan as just admiring the sky. He'd had more than enough time to catch his breath and was by no means still exhausted, but he wasn't quite back up to full fighting snuff yet. Still, he was confident he could take on a single Hollow.

Well this is just great. Shoulda known today was goin' too well. May as well check it out...

Rex stuck his hands in his pockets and wandered in the direction of the Hollow reiatsu, whistling a jaunty tune. He was ready to launch into action in a heartbeat, but most observers would see just another gaikokujin out for a walk.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

And as he comes into sight of the Hollow... he'll see that it's fighting a girl.

In fact, the same one who was at the coffee shop. Currently in Shinigami clothing, and wielding a katana and wakizashi. The Hollow itself isn't that big, but it's fast, with a scorpion-like shape, the mask where the pincers would be.

At the moment... the girl seems to be holding her own. Barely.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rex paused for a moment, honestly startled to see the girl from before fighting as a Shinigami. His parents had told him about the Soul Reapers, of course, but he'd never actually met one. Beck had been right... Phoenix Town was a weird place. After the brief moment of confusion, however, Rex steeled himself. The girl may have been holding her own, but she was still a woman in danger and Rex had been brought up right, dangit.

Schreiender Adler was a tad slower to form than he would have liked, but in his state of fatigue it couldn't be helped. He watched the battle with keen eyes, looking for an opening that wouldn't risk shooting the girl by accident, when the Hollow prepared a particularly vicious strike and more or less kicked Rex's chivalrous instinct ahead of analysis.

"Look out!" Bolts of spiritual power seared through the air after Rex's shouted warning, aiming to both attack the Hollow directly and restrict where it could go. It was always a bad idea to let something that fast have freedom of movement.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-10-24 at 06:05 AM.

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi was preparing to block... when the shout came.

...she moved, blurring.

And was suddenly almost ten feet away, while the arrows not only stopped the Hollow from attacking her, but took off a leg, the Hollow screeching in pain.

Izumi looked stunned. "...what was that?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Dwarf in the Playground

"The Lone Ranger, here to back ya up! Don't just stand around, it's still fightin'!" Rex didn't know how much of his shout would be lost in translation due to his accent, and didn't much care. He was in combat, a girl was depending on him for protection, and social niceties could wait until the danger was past. Ray and Linda Irons had lovingly raised their children as soldiers, and it showed sometimes. "I'll cover ya, so finish it off!" He blurred away, reappearing on a fire escape to loose bolts at the Hollow from above. The rate of fire was noticably slower this time; Rex mentally kicked himself for trying Hirenkyaku when already tired. He'd feel that in the morning...
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-10-24 at 06:19 AM.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi looked at the Hollow, as it roared, momentarily forgetting her to roar at the Quincy. "...fast, but dumb."

She blurred forwards, ending up with her sword bisecting the mask. The Hollow disappated.

And Izumi staggered a little. "Whoa..."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground

As his gun dissolved into vanishing motes of light, Rex attempted to make a dramatic jump back to ground level from his vantage point. His legs unfortunately buckled beneath him, sending the massive teenager tumbling into some cardboard boxes.

"I meant to do that!" He clambered back to his feet, judiciously leaning against the building's wall for support and trying to pass it off as a relaxed slouch. Yeah, he'd definitely be feeling it in the morning. "So, uh, I saw your fight an' reckoned you'd appreciate a hand." His attempt to project a cool-guy cowboy image failed somewhat when he realized his hat had fallen off, prompting a brief search through the crushed boxes to restore it to its proper place.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi chuckled. "Thanks. I probably would have been injured quite a bit without the save."

She smiles at him. "...didn't I see you at the coffee shop?"

Meanwhile, she sheathes her swords.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Always glad to help a lady in need." Rex slowly nodded. "Yeah, I think so... you were with that Sora guy, right?" He tipped his hat, remembering for once that handshakes were not the norm here. "Rex Irons, pleased to meetcha. I gotta say, you don't look dead to me." He facepalmed the moment the words escaped his mouth. Apparently his curiosity at finally meeting one of the elusive Shinigami had temporarily overridden his manners. "Uh, I mean, don't mean to offend or anythin'..."
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-10-24 at 06:37 AM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi chuckles. "Hayashi Izumi. And that would be because I'm not dead. My body's currently at home, in my bed. I just gained these powers though some... circumstances. And, well..."

She shrugs. "To be honest, you probably know more about all this than I do. I know they're called Hollows, and I know that I'm supposed to take them out or they'll attack souls, but not much more than that. The Shinigami who gave me these powers... didn't stick around."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well, that was mighty rude of 'em. If ya get someone into a war, the least y'can do is tell 'em what's what." Having regained feeling in his legs, Rex pushed away from the wall. "I didn't know Shinigami could give their powers to mortals. 'Course, I don't know all that much more than you do, prolly. Mom an' Dad were more concerned with teachin' us how to fight Hollows than the theory an' stuff behind 'em."

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

"I see... do you have any idea what I just did then? I've... never been able to move that fast."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rex gave a low whistle of surprise. "Really? Pretty damn good for a first time, then. I dunno for sure, it looked an' felt kinda different, but prolly somethin' similar to this thing my family does. Dunno what Shinigami call it, but if it's like ours, I'd practice it. Movin' fast is useful." Rex grinned. "An' listen to me statin' the obvious."

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi chuckles a bit at this. "Yeah, it is...

Again, thank you very much for the assist, Rex-san."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I couldn't sit around an' watch when ya needed help, Izumi-san." The Texan figured it was a safe bet that fighting a horrific soul-devouring monster with someone was justification for first-name basis. "I was just on my way lookin' for a grocer, but that can wait. You want me to walk ya home?"

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

"...probably a good idea, yes. Just to the front door, though."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rex looked stricken and turned red. "I didn't mean it like that, an' I'm sorry if it came out that way! It's just, with the Hollow, I just wanna make sure ya get home safe." Aww, look at him get all flustered. He paused to compose himself, looking a bit sheepish. "Uh... lead the way?"

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi chuckles. "All right."

She'll start leading the way to her place, walking along.

It's a bit of a way, so if Rex wants to start a conversation...

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Sorry if I'm kinda awkward... not like it ain't obvious or anything, but I'm new around here an' still gettin' used to things." He reflected for a moment that to anyone who could see Izumi as she was now, they must look like quite the odd pair. "So, uh... I guess you're at Phoenix Town High?"

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi nods. "Yes, I am. Are you going to be going there?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yeah, I transferred into 3-2. Met the principal earlier... she's kinda scary."

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

"Heh. Yeah, she is. Has a talent for turning up at the exact worst time, as well. As I'm sure you realised then.

...to be honest, I don't get on her bad side, so I don't get that as much."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Can't blame ya, an' don't plan to myself." Rex walked a bit further in silence, thinking and ignoring the soreness in his thighs and shins. "If this is how interestin' things are at the start of the school year, I hate to see graduation day..."

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi chuckles. "Let's just hope it doesn't involve Godzilla."

She looks at him for a moment. "By the way... Rex-san, what exactly are you?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rex laughed before looking at Izumi curiously. "What am I? I didn't think Americans were so foreign, huh?" He chuckled again. "Just kiddin'. I'm a Quincy. Basically a giant middle finger to Hollows that think they can just munch on humans all willy-nilly."

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

"I see... from what I saw, you use bows a lot."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rex shrugged; he was proud of his clan, even if most other Quincy saw the Irons as pretty weird. "Most of us do, yeah... my family got out of the habit when we moved west. Figured we'd made a big change already by headin' to Texas, so why not go all the way?"