New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 2

Hills

She laughed again, a bit more chillingly this time. "I thought you'd never ask! You can call me Cassandra. Hakusai, huh? I like it. So, Hakusai, any particular reason you were out here comforting a high-school girl? You don't look like the touch-feely type to me."

The whole time she spoke, she held her right hand half-clasped, as if gripping an invisible hilt. It didn't make her seem any more inviting.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-12-01 at 07:43 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Orc in the Playground

The whole time he felt on edge. It was unusual for Hakusai to find himself on the defensive, and he did not like it. He wasn't good at being humorous with his costume on, either.

"What's it to you?"

Might as well remain on the defensive.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #963
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Apartment complex by the graveyard]

Silva sat on her couch, staring at her small TV set. It was on, but she wasn't paying attention to it at all.

So, Medric. What do you think? She hiding anything bad?

Eh...I don't think so. She's hiding stuff, yeah. But, nothing bad.

You feeling what I'm feeling?

Yeah, something's going on at the graveyard. I'm not going to investigate, though. I'll just wait till they leave. Then we'll see what we can get there, eh?

The other voice sighs a little. Fine...party pooper...

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #964
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    "Ah, wait!" A voice comes from behind Carmelia while she's wandering on a narrow walking road going through oldest parts of the town. Should she turn to watch, she'll see a dark-haired woman, dressed in a dusty suit, soon run into the light of the streetlamps. Her skin is pale and she's pressing an icepack against right side of her face.

"Ah, hello there", the strange woman continues, panting slightly. She stops after drawing her attention, leaning on her knees to catch her breath. There's an apologizing smile on her face when she straightens up.

"Sorry for disturbing you, but I saw you earlier today talking to this slightly crazy teacher fellow. I thought it strange, because Hollows usually aren't in such friendly terms with mortals"
    , she says. "Were you someone he loved?"
    The Yuki-Onna Hollow twirls around. The woman looks at the new arrival with slight disdain, recognizing her. Also the fact that this woman can see her is enough.

Despite the fact that there are no visible eyes, the woman would almost get the impression that the Hollow narrowed her eyes. "No. I've never met him until recently. I also saw you there. You didn't seem like you particularly liked my presence there."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    The whole time he felt on edge. It was unusual for Hakusai to find himself on the defensive, and he did not like it. He wasn't good at being humorous with his costume on, either.

"What's it to you?"

Might as well remain on the defensive.
    Well, he wasn't being much fun at all. "I'm just curious, jeez. No need to get all defensive. Honestly, you'd swear I'd asked you something private." She leans forward, planting her elbow on his shoulder. It was a stretch for her, since he was taller than she, but she didn't seem to mind.

"So, why do you wear a mask like that?" She asked, still pestering him. In fact, her line of questioning might distract him enough that he wouldn't notice something squeeze its way out of her elbow, behind his head. A red string trailed from her elbow, heading for his left ankle.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Orc in the Playground

If Cassandra could feel through the string, she'd sense something akin to a hand gripping it as it went down, courtesy of Hakusai's 360 degree vision.

"Let's just say I'm really shy. Specially around people I never met."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #967
    Pixie in the Playground

As it turns out, she can. As she feels the...whatever it is grabbing her string, she starts smiling again.

"Well, grabbing me already? Shouldn't you at least buy me dinner first?" She teased him.

"But really, how did you see it?" She asked him, still leaning on his shoulder. "I thought I was being stealthy."

As she talks, the string continues to grow despite the hand grabbing it, still reaching towards the ankle. Unless Hakusai moves it, it'll still reach him.
    Star Wars iTP characters

8. - Top - End - #968
    Orc in the Playground

Whatever's pulling the string, apparently it is invisible to all but Reiatsu sense. Even to that, it feels... transparent. Like Hakusai's Reiatsu itself was serving as a "pocket" to manipulate something else.

The string is promptly pulled away further.

"If it's close enough, I can see everything. If it's not, I see just as normal humans do.

Are you going to reveal something meaningful about yourself, or are we keeping on with this game? I don't take kindly to being interrogated, specially as someone tries to sneak something past me."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #969
    Pixie in the Playground

"You see everything? Goodness, isn't that right useful? I wonder how you do that..."

The string recedes into her elbow, and she takes her arm off of his shoulder, backing up a step. "All right, I suppose you have a point. I can't really expect something for nothing, after all. I'm just a traveler, passing through, looking for interesting people. And you, my friend, certainly look the part. You're not being much fun right now, though. If you're not careful, I might get bored and leave." The statement sounds like a threat from her, though her leaving is probably exactly what Hakusai wants.
    Star Wars iTP characters

10. - Top - End - #970
    Orc in the Playground

"I've been called many things, but 'interesting' is a first." Hakusai points out. While her threat is close to what he wants, he needs more information before calling on her bluff. "If you want to know me better, I suggest you watch the news."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #971
    Pixie in the Playground

"The news?" She racks her memory, looking for some recollection of this man, and though he is quite...distinct...she can think of no memory with him.

"Are you a newscaster?" She asks him, bemused. What an odd outfit for a newscaster to be wearing. "You know, you're not really being interesting right now. Maybe I should just leave and come back later."
    Star Wars iTP characters

12. - Top - End - #972
    Orc in the Playground

"Try not to let the cold breeze smack you on the way out." And then he disappeared.

This woman was so suspicious it wasn't funny.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Still the Graveyard

"Aw, she ran away!" The woman said, pouting a little. "Oh well, at least you're still here. I can find her come other time. I guess you'll do, for now." Her stare was downright disturbing. There was something seriously wrong with this woman.
    The man gives a dispassionate stare after Valeria, before shaking his head slightly. At least she took the mask off. Crossing his arms before his chest, he turns to face Cassandra.

"You scared her away", he says - it sounds more a statement of fact than an attempt to start an argument. Emotionless green eyes look like they can see right through Cassandra. "What do you want?"

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    The Yuki-Onna Hollow twirls around. The woman looks at the new arrival with slight disdain, recognizing her. Also the fact that this woman can see her is enough.

Despite the fact that there are no visible eyes, the woman would almost get the impression that the Hollow narrowed her eyes. "No. I've never met him until recently. I also saw you there. You didn't seem like you particularly liked my presence there."
    "Ah, well, that's a pity... ah, ah, I'm sorry - ACHOO!" The exhausted woman sneezes loudly, and has to wipe water from her eyes as she straightens up again. "Yes, sorry about that. Someone must be feeling misguided yet thoroughly understandable righteous anger towards me." A hint of a smile wavers on her face, before she becomes solemn again.

"So, you two just happened to meet?", she wonders, dark eyes fixing on Carmelia's eyeless mask. There's a definite glint of malice in them now. "A pity... well, nonetheless... Do you have any last words you wish me to tell him?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

14. - Top - End - #974
    Pixie in the Playground

"Try not to let the cold breeze smack you on the way out." And then he disappeared.

This woman was so suspicious it wasn't funny.
    Well, that's certainly true. But no matter how suspicious she was, she wasn't done with Hakusai yet. As soon as he vanished, her mind began working.

He's gone, but there was no shift or show of movement. He's still here, I just can't see him. But I can find him. She closed her eyes, and searched with her reiatsu sense...

Yes! There he was, just like that pocket earlier. His reiatsu was manipulating something, though Cassandra couldn't tell what, though this time it was pushing it away, instead of pulling it somewhere. Cassandra reached out with her hand, trying to grab his arm with frightening speed.

"You won't get away that easily, laddybuck."

The man gives a dispassionate stare after Valeria, before shaking his head slightly. At least she took the mask off. Crossing his arms before his chest, he turns to face Cassandra.

"You scared her away", he says - it sounds more a statement of fact than an attempt to start an argument. Emotionless green eyes look like they can see right through Cassandra. "What do you want?"
    "I didn't scare her away, it was your fault. I wasn't the one telling her to put away her only weapon against two unknown people. And you ask what I want? I want to find interesting people. And you seem to fit the part." She got up from the gravestone and began to approach the man.

"You seem to be an ordinary human, and yet you see so much. Who exactly are you?"
    Star Wars iTP characters

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ettin in the Playground

The man keeps glaring unflinchingly at the blue-cald woman. "One unknown people. Before you", he states, a slight hint of annoyance in his voice even though his face displays none. He shows no intention to answer her question.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Orc in the Playground

"You really thought I'd be that stupid?"

One of Hakusai's revolvers was pointing at Cassandra's back.

"I know that someone with spiritual powers can sense me through my spirit. But the instant it takes for you to seek me out is an instant I can use to move elsewhere. There's more than one way to skin a cat, as it were."

Clearly not an opponent to underestimate.

"I'd rather you make up your mind. You were the one complaining a moment ago I wasn't interesting enough for you."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #977
    Pixie in the Playground

The man keeps glaring unflinchingly at the blue-cald woman. "One unknown people. Before you", he states, a slight hint of annoyance in his voice even though his face displays none. He shows no intention to answer her question.
    "Aw, come on. Not even a hint? Well then, you're just no fun, are you?" Suddenly, she whipped out a dagger and threw it at the man's feet, just lightly grazing his ankle. Her aim was impeccable.

"You really thought I'd be that stupid?"

One of Hakusai's revolvers was pointing at Cassandra's back.

"I know that someone with spiritual powers can sense me through my spirit. But the instant it takes for you to seek me out is an instant I can use to move elsewhere. There's more than one way to skin a cat, as it were."

Clearly not an opponent to underestimate.

"I'd rather you make up your mind. You were the one complaining a moment ago I wasn't interesting enough for you."
    She was a bit surprised. Had he manipulated two areas, just to confuse her? Well, that hardly mattered now. But maybe he could be fun, after all.

"So, you want a shootout, cowboy? I can play that way, too." In a flash, she whipped around, a classic old-looking revolver in her hand. It looked like it had been pulled straight out of a Wild West movie, and it was pointed directly at his head. "Looks like we've got us a standoff, boyo." She said, her voice suddenly adopting a rustic southern accent.
    Star Wars iTP characters

18. - Top - End - #978
    Orc in the Playground

There was a hint of a smile as far as his lips could be seen.

"You COULD be more wrong. After all..."

With that, several "guns" made of shadow appeared around Cassandra. Floating around her body, her arm, her waist... pretty much everywhere. From most angles.

"...you're assuming I actually need to FIRE this gun."

It looked more like a bunch of flashlights in a cylinder, really.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #979
    Orc in the Playground

"Ah, well, that's a pity... ah, ah, I'm sorry - ACHOO!" The exhausted woman sneezes loudly, and has to wipe water from her eyes as she straightens up again. "Yes, sorry about that. Someone must be feeling misguided yet thoroughly understandable righteous anger towards me." A hint of a smile wavers on her face, before she becomes solemn again.

"So, you two just happened to meet?", she wonders, dark eyes fixing on Carmelia's eyeless mask. There's a definite glint of malice in them now. "A pity... well, nonetheless... Do you have any last words you wish me to tell him?"
    Carmelia snaps to attention at the thinly-veiled threat, preparing for battle. Her reiatsu flares, a cold chill accompanied by the buzzing of fireflies. Just after, several balls, flickers of reiatsu, coalesce around her, acting almost as fireflies do. Their flight patterns leave behind a faint trail of mist, as they focus around the openings of Carmelia's sleeves.

"You want to fight? Then if I fall, and if you really do intend on relaying my message, tell him that I found his company and mind interesting, that it gave me something to think about." As she talks, the fireflies seemingly buzz with activity, weaving ice sculptures of talons, floating in the air. Carmelia's "dress" appears to billow as though caught in the wind as she hovers just above the ground.

"Now, get on with your assault."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ettin in the Playground

Graveyard

A low chitter echoes in the air near Cassandra and [Frozen's guy].

The source is soon proven to be... An ugly bug-thing roughtly the size of a dog.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ettin in the Playground

[Graveyard]

The man doesn't stop to gawk at the dagger. Instead, his left hand shoots fort to grab the wrist of Cassandra's extended hand as he takes a quick step to cover the narrowed distance between them, his other hand aiming a punch at her gut.

He's fast and strong, for a human, but nothing Cassandra couldn't take - but should he touch her, she will feel like liquid nitrogen being spilled on her skin...

22. - Top - End - #982
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Not the Graveyard

Gabi leats out a sigh of relief.

"So many mediums in this town. But that guy didn't really feel like he had any power, the woman had a strange reiatsu, however."

He flexes his wings once.

"I guess that should be enough for now. Better go to your house and let then lose the trail."
    Val takes some time to catch her breath before standing. She nods, pulling out her phone for the time. "...uh-oh. Dad was supposed to come home today, too... Mom's gonna be mad..." She gulps, and looks down at her clothes, too. Filthy! Yep. She'd be angry, all right.

Seeing no point in dawdling, the teenager takes a breath before breaking into a run towards her house. Luckily she was fairly close from sonido anyway...

[Abel Estate]

Meanwhile...

Nero walks through the door of the Abel Estate, looking around the house with a neutral expression. Certainly large enough, having plenty of room for all their things. Such was the life of a "CEO", he had plenty of money for such trifles.

With a sigh, Nero sits upon one of the couches in the living room. After a moment to get relaxed, he calls out in romanian. <I'm home!>

He waits for the usual bum rush by his daughter.

...And an eyebrow is raised as it doesn't come, after the first 30 seconds. The girl always gave her father an enthusiastic welcome.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

Abel Estate

Nero feels a brief peck on his cheek from behind his field of vision. When he turns to look, Claudia (who he is quite certain was not there a moment ago) gives him a sunny smile, and offers him a copy of today's newspaper.

"Welcome back, dear. Sorry for the quiet welcome; I was just finishing cleaning up the cookware. Vally's gone to spend time with friends. I'm sure that she'll be back before long."
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Carmelia snaps to attention at the thinly-veiled threat, preparing for battle. Her reiatsu flares, a cold chill accompanied by the buzzing of fireflies. Just after, several balls, flickers of reiatsu, coalesce around her, acting almost as fireflies do. Their flight patterns leave behind a faint trail of mist, as they focus around the openings of Carmelia's sleeves.

"You want to fight? Then if I fall, and if you really do intend on relaying my message, tell him that I found his company and mind interesting, that it gave me something to think about." As she talks, the fireflies seemingly buzz with activity, weaving ice sculptures of talons, floating in the air. Carmelia's "dress" appears to billow as though caught in the wind as she hovers just above the ground.

"Now, get on with your assault."

"You aren't going to strike the first blow?"
    , the woman asks, eyes wide and befuddled. Then, her eyes roll around as if she's about to faint and it feels like the air is suddenly heavy with rai. Her form wavers and white, scaled hand seems to materialize from thin air, shooting towards Carmelia, black claws reaching for her mask...

"How very generous of you."

25. - Top - End - #985
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Abel Estate

Nero feels a brief peck on his cheek from behind his field of vision. When he turns to look, Claudia (who he is quite certain was not there a moment ago) gives him a sunny smile, and offers him a copy of today's newspaper.

"Welcome back, dear. Sorry for the quiet welcome; I was just finishing cleaning up the cookware. Vally's gone to spend time with friends. I'm sure that she'll be back before long."
    Nero looks a little disappointed. For about a half a second. Then, it's back to his usual mask. "I see. How was her first day?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi and Valeria

As the two approach her house, Gabi takes to the air.

"This last meeting had me thinking, I am going to go grab a fake body I can use so other mediums don't notice me outright."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

Claudia holds up the paper for a moment longer, then sighs and sets it aside. A smaller smile appears on her lips as she thinks back on recent events.

"No major incidents, and she seemed happy enough. Given the incursion, it really went very well. She's made a few friends; they all seem like nice enough children."

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #988
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria

Val blinks, but waves to Gabi. "See you then, Gabi!" It won't be long now...

[Abel Estate]

Nero nods. "Good. I had a feeling she wouldn't have much trouble."

Just then, the door opens and shuts. Valeria's voice echoes from the hallway. "I'm home!" After the clunk of her shoes, the girl appears in the living room, smiling instantly.

Then, tackling the man on the couch. "Hi, daddy!"

Nero chuckles, ruffling Val's hair a bit. "Hello, <principesă>. How was your day?"

"Good. I'm glad you're home, though." Val sits back normally.

It's probably about now where Claudia can notice just how dirty Val's uniform is.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

Claudia smiles a bit more widely at Valeria's return, and stands back as she greets her father. When she gets a better look at her little girl, however, a tiny vein bulges on Claudia's forehead.

Continuing to smile, she appears behind Val so suddenly that one can hear a small thunderclap. She takes a firm grip of Val's ear, and begins dragging her daughter behind her as she makes her way to the laundry room.

All the while, she speaks with the ever-so-slightly scolding tone that she'd adopted whenever Val had failed to comprehend something in her home-schooling within an acceptable time frame.

"Vally, do you know just how long it takes to get stains out of a uniform like that? It's made of a wonderful fabric; breathable, soft, easily woven, and so absorbent that it needs an hour of dedicated scrubbing. Rest assured, though, you're going to gain a very good understanding of that."

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #990
    Orc in the Playground

[Abel Estate]

"Ow! Owowowow! Mooom! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to!" Val knows a bit better than to panic or try to run, so she resigns herself to the punishment, at least. However, the immediate pain of the ear-grabbing was certainly unpleasant.

Nero also knows a bit better than to say anything when Claudia is scolding Val.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!