New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 2

Michiko

I...did come to the right house, didn't I?

Michiko stares at the two girls just as they stare back at her. Was this the right house? She didn't know that Yuudai had some younger sisters, but then again she hadn't been over here before either. Perhaps she should have waited for Fuyuko before coming in...

"...I could ask you the same question. Does Yuudai live here?" She asks bluntly, falling back to the familiar 'entitled rich girl' persona in the face of this most recent confusion. Thus she became haughty, cold, and imperious...the bane of most children!

"...What posters?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    "I also wanna keep an eye on you. See if I can figure out what you are. Be good to know." Rex shrugged and shook Sora's hand firmly, his other hand holding the Ginto on his keychain, just in case.
    "Fine. Now excuse me, we were making noise that could wake..."

He whips out a pair of red kind of pointy sunglasses, and puts them on.

"The Dead."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Michiko

I...did come to the right house, didn't I?

Michiko stares at the two girls just as they stare back at her. Was this the right house? She didn't know that Yuudai had some younger sisters, but then again she hadn't been over here before either. Perhaps she should have waited for Fuyuko before coming in...

"...I could ask you the same question. Does Yuudai live here?" She asks bluntly, falling back to the familiar 'entitled rich girl' persona in the face of this most recent confusion. Thus she became haughty, cold, and imperious...the bane of most children!

"...What posters?"
    The two convened again.

We're not supposed to talk about them, right?
    Yeah, he said we'd get in big trouble if we did.

They turned around and began speaking once more, entirely sure of the secrecy of their conversation.

"Ummm... Nothing, nevermind."
    "Anyway, yeah. He just got home a couple of minutes ago."
    "Are you his girlfriend or something?"
    "Nee-Chan, girls that look like that don't date people like our Onii-San." She said, addressing her sister.
    "Oh, I guess you're right. She's probably his tutor or something."

Yuudai just came into view as well. "M-Michiko... Why are you here?" His eyes went wide. "Airi-Chan! Aiko-Chan! The hell are you two doing? Let her in!" He ordered to his sisters. "Uhhh. I'll get you a towel or something." He suggested, being far less inquisitive than he would normally be due to the presence of his sisters.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2010-09-23 at 09:10 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    "Save your effort", Hachirou grumbles to Yoshi through gritted teeth, "I live through worse everyday. I'm not injured, just tired dead. And you better not try to do anything about that, or you'll end up like me. I know you have no extra energy to spare. Lets just wait for Sietka-kun." He is visibly in a bad mood. Then again, you'd be too, after falling on your face from thirty feet...
    After a few moments, a young looking woman joins the two men. She is dressed in a similar manner, with the addition of black half gloves. Her sword is a little smaller than theirs, with a keychain dangling from the pommel. She also has an unconscious woman on her back.

Hachirou! Sir! Are you alright? She lands near them and gently sets Kyou down before seeing to the injured man.

Sorry I didn't get here sooner! I guess I need to work on my speed. She starts looking him over, checking the damage.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Claudia thinks, coming briefly to a stop at a sign requiring it.

"At the school, please. Valeria might be of help as well."

With that, she turns back to the road, and stares for a moment. When she leaves the stop sign, she's going ever so slightly faster than before.
    "Alright." Claudia seemed to be urgent... Had something happened at the school? There was something... wrong about this. But there's nothing to do but wait, and so Henry does just that.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

[Furousha Shop]

Botsuraku nods as Viatrix speaks, and when she finishes he asks simply. "Anything else?"
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    "Fine. Now excuse me, we were making noise that could wake..."

He whips out a pair of red kind of pointy sunglasses, and puts them on.

"The Dead."
    Rex stared blankly at him. "Keep up jokes like that and I'll hafta put you down for the good of humanity." Awkward silence ensued. "So, uh, I reckon I'm gonna get back into civvies and go about my day."
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

[Furousha Shop]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Botsuraku nods as Viatrix speaks, and when she finishes he asks simply. "Anything else?"
    "Nope, that oughta be about it... oh, are you fine with, say... 422 yen an hour?" Viatrix eyes Botsu.

((That's about $5 in USD. ))
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    The two convened again.

We're not supposed to talk about them, right?
    Yeah, he said we'd get in big trouble if we did.

They turned around and began speaking once more, entirely sure of the secrecy of their conversation.

"Ummm... Nothing, nevermind."
    "Anyway, yeah. He just got home a couple of minutes ago."
    "Are you his girlfriend or something?"
    "Nee-Chan, girls that look like that don't date people like our Onii-San." She said, addressing her sister.
    "Oh, I guess you're right. She's probably his tutor or something."

Yuudai just came into view as well. "M-Michiko... Why are you here?" His eyes went wide. "Airi-Chan! Aiko-Chan! The hell are you two doing? Let her in!" He ordered to his sisters. "Uhhh. I'll get you a towel or something." He suggested, being far less inquisitive than he would normally be due to the presence of his sisters.
    Michiko

Michiko can't help but feel as if she was an intruder in this situation, considering how the children talked to one another as if she wasn't there. Did all children do that? She didn't remember doing that when she was their age...then again she didn't exactly have someone else for a secretive conversation with either.

So, instead, she loudly cleared her throat.

"I can hear you, you know that right?" she says loudly, though part of her really didn't want to know more about these 'posters'. "What? What on earth would make you think I was his girlfriend?!"

Without even realizing it, some color had filtered unto her cheeks at the insinuation, about the same time that Yuudai came into view and ushered the two girl's back so Michiko could storm into the small abode.

"Yuudai, now would be a bad time to tell me that you are running an illegal sweat-shop out of your basement. Are these two...children your sisters?" She demands loudly, gesturing to the two girls as a bit of a growl creeps into her voice.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Claudia nods, and says nothing further until they arrive.

When they get to school grounds, she parks in the nearest legal point, and then runs straight toward Valeria's location, taking no notice of the fallen shinigami. She opens her arms wide for an embrace, smiling beatifically.

"Vally!"
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Michiko

Michiko can't help but feel as if she was an intruder in this situation, considering how the children talked to one another as if she wasn't there. Did all children do that? She didn't remember doing that when she was their age...then again she didn't exactly have someone else for a secretive conversation with either.

So, instead, she loudly cleared her throat.

"I can hear you, you know that right?" she says loudly, though part of her really didn't want to know more about these 'posters'. "What? What on earth would make you think I was his girlfriend?!"

Without even realizing it, some color had filtered unto her cheeks at the insinuation, about the same time that Yuudai came into view and ushered the two girl's back so Michiko could storm into the small abode.

"Yuudai, now would be a bad time to tell me that you are running an illegal sweat-shop out of your basement. Are these two...children your sisters?" She demands loudly, gesturing to the two girls as a bit of a growl creeps into her voice.
    Yuudai

The boy nodded, seeming uneasy. "Step-sisters, but yeah. Step-sisters who need to learn to be polite to strangers." He said with a sigh. "Airi, Aiko, could you make yourselves useful and get her some tea or something?" The girls nodded and left to the kitchen as Yuudai walked out of sight for a moment and came back with a towel that he threw to the unexpected guest. "... If I knew you were coming I would have cleaned up better. How'd you find out where I lived?" The boy asked, concerned. "More importantly, why'd you come?"
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2011-09-18 at 03:39 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

[School]

Val blinks as her mom hugs her, perplexed by her enthusiasm, but reciprocating it nonetheless. "...It was only the first day of school, mom..." She's only slightly embarrassed.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Claudia nods, calming down a bit.

"Oh, I know, Vally. I'm still just excited for you, and glad that it seems like it went well."

She then sighs, and pulls herself back to look into Valeria's eyes.

"Anyway, the car is close. Do any of your friends need rides?"

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito kept glancing towards the Shinigami, but didn't say anything about it. He smiled and gave a slight bow as Claudia arrived.

"Thank you for the offer, ma'am, but my mother should be here soon. And Val's right. It was an interesting first day, but...well, you know how school can be."

Come on, poker face Kaito, poker face.

Meanwhile, with Yoshi and the others...

Yoshi had stepped back when Alysha arrived, wanting to give her room to work. Now, he was standing there watching the kids.

Some of whom were watching back.

Turning towards Hachirou, he spoke up with relatively low volume.

"Hachirou, I think at least some of those mortal children can see us. What should we do?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

It was about then that a very much annoyed Shotanaga (yes, that will be his official name while in such a state, deal with it ) had finally finished what he had run into and ran into the kids proper.

Worst of all, not only was he... very much out in the open, there were injured Shinigami AND regular people around. Not very good.

He looked like he'd been through some really odd stuff. That's not to speak of the fact that he was wearing clothes that, by all rights, belonged to an adult man, not a 12-year-old.

And there were spots of him that had been bleeding until no longer than a half hour ago - if that.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

[School]

Valeria puts up a smile despite her inner strife. "Yeah, mom..." As soon as she's set free, she looks to Kaito. "See you tomorrow, Kaito, Nakahiro... let's talk about clubs tomorrow." That it's a bit early in the year for clubs yet should clue the others in that she's talking about other extracurricular activities...
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

[School]

"Eh?" Hachirou quirks an eyebrow and stiffly turns his neck to catch a glimpse of Kaito. He tries hard to remember what their standard memory-erasing devises are called, but it just doesn't come to his mind through the pain. "Unless you have one those... whatever they are... with you, just leave them be. I doubt we're the first spirits of the dead they've seen." The officer doesn't bother to keep his voice down.

Hachirou turns his eyes back at Yoshi and crosses his hand on his chest. He seems a bit more relaxed now. "Depending on their attitude, they need either a shrink or priest more than us. There's a shrine nearby, isn't it? They can go there if they're worried... Just call surveillance and ask for a Senkai gate to our location now."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

Shotanaga decides to stumble his way directly to the side of the injured Shinigami.

He sits besides them, looking particularly tired, and mumbles something for them to hear.

"I really wish I didn't have to pick up your slack, guys. Can either of you tell me what the hell happened?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Claudia smiles.

"Indeed I do, Kaito-kun. Well, if none of you need rides, then I suppose we'll be going~."

WIth that, she turns back toward the car, and gently ushers Valeria in that direction as well.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Yuudai

The boy nodded, seeming uneasy. "Step-sisters, buy yeah. Step-sisters who need to learn to be polite to strangers." He said with a sigh. "Airi, Aiko, could you make yourselves useful and get her some tea or something?" The girls nodded and left to the kitchen as Yuudai walked out of sight for a moment and came back with a towel that he threw to the unexpected guest. "... If I knew you were coming I would have cleaned up better. How'd you find out where I lived?" The boy asked, concerned. "More importantly, why'd you come?"
    Michiko

Michiko snatches the towel out of the air and drapes it over her head almost right away, setting about to drying it with almost vengeful enthusiasm. It's why her head is so hidden that she answers.

"I do have a computer Yuudai. As well as your name, cellphone number, and what school you go to. It's not exactly hard to find a person's address with all that information." She mumbles, finally lowering the towel once she feels that her mane of dyed hair is dry and revealing a veritable mess of black and purple hair. If it wasn't Michiko then it probably would have been hilarious...well...it was still hilarious actually. ...Oh, and your older sister dropped me off here. That too. She should be getting back shortly."

Exposed skin came next, the girl eager to get any of the chill water off of her before casting a side-long glance at Yuudai.

"All the weird stuff today...and you are wondering why I showed up? I need answers about what happened in the gym...and...uh...some place to get patched up before heading home." She admits somewhat sheepishly, cheeks coloring pink again, "If my father sees me beat up like this then heads are going to roll."

Finally she drapes the towel over her shoulders, "Where's your bathroom?"

21. - Top - End - #111

Yuudai

"What makes you think I have the answers?" Yuudai asked with a frown as the girl dried her hair. Wait, there was a girl in his house! And Michiko, no less. Though if anyone were to visit him then it'd probably be his boss. Damn, why couldn't one of those cute girls from earlier come to his house all soaking wet and asking for warmth? Wait, was Michiko saying something? Something about his sister, Yuudai was not really paying attention to the first girl who ever came into his house; he was busy thinking of future opportunities. Maybe monsters should attack the school more often? A few seconds and fantasies later he resumed listening to Michiko.

"Uh, r-right. The bathroom is just down the hall and to the left. More towels are on the top shelf."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken Go - School

Ken turned to Sayaka. "Even though the others aren't interested in going with you I still am, if that's alright."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Yuudai

"What makes you think I have the answers?" Yuudai asked with a frown as the girl dried her hair. Wait, there was a girl in his house! And Michiko, no less. Though if anyone were to visit him then it'd probably be his boss. Damn, why couldn't one of those cute girls from earlier come to his house all soaking wet and asking for warmth? Wait, was Michiko saying something? Something about his sister, Yuudai was not really paying attention to the first girl who ever came into his house; he was busy thinking of future opportunities. Maybe monsters should attack the school more often? A few seconds and fantasies later he resumed listening to Michiko.

"Uh, r-right. The bathroom is just down the hall and to the left. More towels are on the top shelf."
    Michiko

"You were in the gym before I was and the people in there seemed to know what was going on. It's just logic to assume that you know as well." the young woman says simply enough, nodding at the directions and leaving without much more commotion. There would be time for discussion latter after she had dried off a little bit.

Once in the bathroom she's quick to locate a hair dryer and brush, proceeding to tame her long hair back into it's typical 'hime' cut. Then came the slightly riskier part, that of laying out her wet clothes on the sink, wrapping a towel around herself, and turning the hair dryer on them (After wringing them out) to help them dry out a little bit. To help warm up a bit faster, Michiko turns on the hot water in the shower but leaves the stall open, letting the steam billow out and fill up the bathroom.

24. - Top - End - #114

Yuudai

Yuudai sighed in relief, then made his way to his room to tear down a few posters. He went to get some clothes, a sweater and some loose sweatpants, when he heard a peculiar yet familiar sound. The sound of a knob turning... Fsssssssssssh. The water was running. A girl was in his bathroom. A girl was using his shower. A girl was going to use his bar of soap. A girl was going to use his towel. This all proved to be too much for the poor boy to handle, so he went with his instincts. Michiko would hear the bathroom door slam open, and would see Yuudai bursting into the room, wide-eyed and shocked.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2010-09-25 at 04:46 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

[School]

Nakahiro remains totally silent as the Shinigami arrive in increasing numbers. He tilts his head to the side, staring at them curiously. He'd a seen a Shinigami before, but never up close. To anyone who couldn't see the death gods, it would look like he was staring into space with absolute focus. His friends knew better. He seems totally oblivious to his surroundings until Valeria leaves, subtly referencing the day's events.

"Hm? Oh, yeah. See you tomorrow."

Meanwhile, on the Shinigami end of things, Hideuchi arrives soon after the others, appearing on the ground at the end of a flash step. His Zanpakutos have been resealed and hidden up his sleeves. He gives the other Shinigami cursory glance, decides his help isn't needed, then folds his arms and glares over at the staring students. Iwaki makes it to the ground some time later, having eschewed the tiring flash steps for a quick jog. He lands heavily, then scans the sky above for any signs of pursuit. He then glances at the students briefly, before turning his attention to the other Shinigami.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Kaito]

Kaito gives a faint smile and a wave.

"You have a good day as well, Mrs. Nobel."

Once she and Val are in the car and moving, he'll turn to look towards Nakahiro.

"Try not to stare too hard. I think they've noticed us."

Kaito himself was splitting his attention between watching for his mother, watching the other students, and glancing at the shinigami. He shivered a bit when one of the later arrivals started glaring at them.

Yoshi barely restrains the urge to pull his hair out as several frustrations appear. He first turns to Hideuchi, a deep frown on his face.

"Hideuchi, stop that. Now. The mortals have done nothing wrong, and clearly don't intend to approach us. Well, those mortals, at any rate. Keep your eyes focused on watching for real enemies. You know, Hollows."

Exhaustion tinges his words right alongside sarcasm. He then turns to face Shotanaga, a thoughtful frown on his face.

"I have a few questions.

First, who are you?
    Second, how can you see us?
    Third, why do you appear so young, yet wear clothes that seem to befit someone older, and speak as if you were older?
    Fourth...
    "

Here his frown becomes a scowl.

"Where do you get off telling us off? You don't even know what we've been doing. We barely survived out there, mortal. We put our lives on the line, and nearly lost some of our own. Defending this school from a monster the likes of which might just kill you with a backhand blow. So I'd appreciate you not talking about "picking up our slack", when we kept most any Hollows from getting close to the school."
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-09-25 at 08:41 PM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

27. - Top - End - #117

[School]
    Outside

It takes Nakahiro a few seconds to react to Kaito's suggestion, at which point he turns to look at the other Medium.

"Hm? Oh. Right."

He turns away from the Shinigami, but seems distracted.

Hideuchi glowers sourly at Yoshi, but respects his superior rank and turns his head away.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

28. - Top - End - #118

[Alysha]

Alysha darts back and forth between the gathering shinigami, checking on any damage from their encounter. She'll heal such damage, even if the person tries brushing her off. She just can't let injured people walk around! It's just not right.

She glances at the mortals watching them every so often. She's never really had contact with them, and this is the closest she remembers being to them before. She was a little curious. If she wasn't busy fixing people, she'd probably go over and start talking to them.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

Damn... can't smoke.

"I don't have a name to give you just yet. Introductions will have to wait." Shotanaga mumbled. "Someone else could be listening after all."

"You know the answer to the second one. I just can."

Taking a deep sigh, the adult in a child's body stares grimly into Yoshi's eyes. There's something very sad about his eyes. Specially his right one. It feels... faded. As though it hasn't "seen" in a very long time. For a child, his eyes were excessively weary. And then there was the downpour slowly becoming more and more of a drizzle, but still soaking him to the bone.

With one eye I see tomorrow, and the other one I see yesterday...

"Thirty years too late, Shinigami."

But this was no time to talk about the past.

"I can tell. Some of your own are still fighting. Someone stronger than you."

Hollows didn't leave corpses behind. But they did shed blood. They left a small part of their Reiatsu behind. Otherwise, no Zanpakutou would ever grow dull.

This was the front of the school. And the ground was red.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto

Kina steps outside of the school, bag slung over her shoulder. She looks back every so often, wishing someone had followed her out, but she realizes that he's not coming after a while. Eventually, she starts walking, her mind racing with thoughts.

Who...was that girl? ...Sakaya? Phoenix Town isn't my home. But that many spiritually-empowered people...in one school? In one class no less. And then...a spirit available for hollowfication, and someone capable of teaching us...but not capable of solving the problem on her own. Sakaya had skill, certainly...but something about it all wasn't right. This couldn't be just coincidence...could it? And...what if there are others? What if... what if we aren't the only kids with spiritual awareness?

A car horn pulls Kina from her reverie. She barely has enough focus to stop walking before she enters the crosswalk. Wow. There's just...too much going on.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC